• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Bronze to Challenger and he bought accounts. RIP.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Just found out his main account is NOT banned. Just two accounts that he bought.

Blizzard

Banned
PvlxA41.png

Got to deal with this crap in all our promo games.

Newt gets a promo game win while i get 10points. How wonderful
Maybe your MMR is too high for duoing with someone a tier below?

Or, maybe LP clamping is finally happening. I seem to remember reading it was still enabled near the top of diamond.

Sofo

Man I just skim-read you guys in bed on the phone and saw the "no pop-up mystery gift" thing and I went through all my champs only to find out Edwardo's post about Rito ppl saying they will roll out soon lol.

fak u gize y u do dis to me

Pd. Dobe plays a respectable Cho jungle btw! But then again we play versus Silver-Gold generally with the odd Plat when we play together so it might not be a great sample to judge the champ's strenghts!
Ppd. NB3 embarrassing himself again, lol. Just level a fucking account and buy EXP boosts..

Blizzard

Banned
Man I just skim-read you guys in bed on the phone and saw the "no pop-up mystery gift" thing and I went through all my champs only to find out Edwardo's post about Rito ppl saying they will roll out soon lol.

fak u gize y u do dis to me

Pd. Dobe plays a respectable Cho jungle btw! But then again we play versus Silver-Gold generally with the odd Plat when we play together so it might not be a great sample to judge the champ's strenghts!
Ppd. NB3 embarrassing himself again, lol. Just level a fucking account and buy EXP boosts..
I did the same thing if it makes you feel better. :(

so i just reached level 30. how should i better prepare to go into ranked games? should i practice more or should i jump right in?

btw what a ride it has been. i can't deny the lol community at least during games has been some of the worst. talk about douche, i had my share of getting verbal harassment that's for sure. what's worst is when i was still learning the game i got most of the verbal abuse which i would think turns a lot of new players away. a lot less now. is it because i'm a lot better or i'm playing with more mature, better players? maybe both. though riot really should implement something.

Newt

so i just reached level 30. how should i better prepare to go into ranked games? should i practice more or should i jump right in?

btw what a ride it has been. i can't deny the lol community at least during games has been some of the worst. talk about douche, i had my share of getting verbal harassment that's for sure. what's worst is when i was still learning the game i got most of the verbal abuse which i would think turns a lot of new players away. riot really should implement something.
If you think you're ready for ranked, you have nothing to lose if you dive right in now. It's preseason, so your rank won't prevent you from getting rewards. That being said, if verbal abuse is getting to you, I wouldn't recommended ranked too much. Verbal abuse is common, especially in the silver division where new players are likely to end up in. To prepare, play normal draft matches, and make sure you can play either support or jungle and 1 of the roles out of top/mid/adc. Ideally, you should be able to play every role.

If you think you're ready for ranked, you have nothing to lose if you dive right in now. It's preseason, so your rank won't prevent you from getting rewards. That being said, if verbal abuse is getting to you, I wouldn't recommended ranked too much. Verbal abuse is common, especially in the silver division where new players are likely to end up in. To prepare, play normal draft matches, and make sure you can play either support or jungle and 1 of the roles out of top/mid/adc. Ideally, you should be able to play every role.

nah it doesnt get to me. i just ignore them. COD is worst i think, not only u get abuse from other team but your team as well. the only thing i get now is getting wrongfully blamed for feeding when my lane opponent ganks heavy.

Sofo

I did the same thing if it makes you feel better. :(

Thankfully I only have like close to 20'ish champions but damn lol.

btw what a ride it has been. i can't deny the lol community at least during games has been some of the worst. talk about douche, i had my share of getting verbal harassment that's for sure. what's worst is when i was still learning the game i got most of the verbal abuse which i would think turns a lot of new players away. a lot less now. is it because i'm a lot better or i'm playing with more mature, better players? maybe both. though riot really should implement something.

To be honest, verbal abuse has nothing to do with skill of players, maybe just a little bit.

23qwerty

The issue I have with Nightblue3 of all people doing Bronze to Challenger is that he's shit on other streamers on many occasions for doing just that.

Uhh, that doesn't sound right. He's done bronze to challenger a few times over the past year or two.
You might be thinking of QTpie? idk.

Sofo

Pretty sure NB3 was one of the first guys I saw do unranked to Diamond.. QT is the one that says that he doesn't enjoy stomping on underskilled people and such.

This is like the 3rd time NB3 has done the whole unranked to diamond/challenger.

drawkcaB

Uhh, that doesn't sound right. He's done bronze to challenger a few times over the past year or two.
You might be thinking of QTpie? idk.

Nope. I definitely mean NB3. He's shit on Good Guy Gary, PhantomL0rd and several others. He even talked shit while doing a bronze to challenger. He said it was ok for him to do it because he just does it every now and then, and it's not really a core part of his streaming, and he thought it was learning experience for his viewers. Went on a solid 30 minute rant about it and it sounded just as you'd imagine, like he was more interested in convincing himself that what he doing was ok as opposed to his viewers.

Hypocrite fuck.

Newt

Pretty sure NB3 was one of the first guys I saw do unranked to Diamond.. QT is the one that says that he doesn't enjoy stomping on underskilled people and such.

This is like the 3rd time NB3 has done the whole unranked to diamond/challenger.
Unranked to challenger is perfectly fine. NB3 was trying to do bronze 5 to challenger.

Sofo

Unranked to challenger is perfectly fine. NB3 was trying to do bronze 5 to challenger.

Well I can see the difference, you're right. If he deliberately was trying to go for Bronze 5 (I think it has to be really hard to land there only through placements..) that's just sad and I can see how he would shit talk about it before doing it himself (NB3 attitude).

These unranked/bronze to challenger climbs are really obnoxious because half the time ain't nobody learning shit. The streamer is spending more time pretending he is teaching while he is just basically flashing his junk on stream, really pathetic. For the odd time they say "yeah, I knew he would be at x because I saw him pop at y without his buff and it was close to respawning" you'll encounter 30 more times where they are just laughing at their teammates/opponents. I liked when Boxbox did it because he kept being really humble and being like "yeah, I can do that now because these people are lower elo than myself, I would get crushed in a real game for doing what I am doing now" and so on. I think that speaks wonders of a person.

I'd love to see a real bronze 5 to challenger support with mostly utility/tank supports (basically no Annie, Zyra, Vel'koz). Now that would be a challenge imo. Although gotta admit the other day I was versus a Bronze 4 Vayne that surprisingly enough had decently good CS and didn't tumble into us while laning... That's something I've seen even high Gold do lol.

Newt

I'd love to see a real bronze 5 to challenger support with mostly utility/tank supports (basically no Annie, Zyra, Vel'koz). Now that would be a challenge imo.
Would rise just as fast as NB3 would. Trust me.

People have this notion that it's hard to carry on utility supports, but it's just not true.

Sofo

Would rise just as fast as NB3 would. Trust me.

People have this notion that it's hard to carry on utility supports, but it's just not true.

I completely disagree, after having played with my nephew. Blitzcrank I can see happening, but Thresh or Nami? Tough imo.

Pd. I didn't mean it was impossible, but it sure is harder to carry than say Yi jungle or Annie/Zyra support, because you are basically relying on someone doing exactly what you're hoping them to do. I can't count anymore the times people haven't clicked the fucking lantern and died because of it (it was clickable/not obstructed). Shit pisses me off to no end.

Hey guys,

I'm trying to learn the jungle on my smurf account now lvl16 I think. I've decided to see what the Godyr was like. I really enjoy the short cooldowns and he does feel powerful, but I've never gotten him the TrickshotGG level of greatness.

I can clear red, wolves and blue without too much difficulty, but I find that post this my scaling falls really hard behind everyone else. My jungle isn't bad, but it's is so easy to be harassed and if I don't build the dmg to burst people down I can't really secure ganks.

What do you guys suggest?

I completely disagree, after having played with my nephew. Blitzcrank I can see happening, but Thresh or Nami? Tough imo.

Pd. I didn't mean it was impossible, but it sure is harder to carry than say Yi jungle or Annie/Zyra support, because you are basically relying on someone doing exactly what you're hoping them to do. I can't count anymore the times people haven't clicked the fucking lantern and died because of it (it was clickable/not obstructed). Shit pisses me off to no end.
You really underestimate the impact a good utility support has on low rank games, specially supports that can peel and initiate. They might not click the lantern or appreciate anything for that matter but that one flay you used to cancel a Kat ult might win you the game.

Ferga

I could probably get from bronze 5 to gold within a week with lichbane sona rush.

When you know and are able to push the limit of champions, you can build whatever you want and carry.

Hey guys,

I'm trying to learn the jungle on my smurf account now lvl16 I think. I've decided to see what the Godyr was like. I really enjoy the short cooldowns and he does feel powerful, but I've never gotten him the TrickshotGG level of greatness.

I can clear red, wolves and blue without too much difficulty, but I find that post this my scaling falls really hard behind everyone else. My jungle isn't bad, but it's is so easy to be harassed and if I don't build the dmg to burst people down I can't really secure ganks.

Udyr has a unique gameplay flow that is best left for when you already know how to jungle as opposed to when you're learning, IMO.

Ferga

You talkin' Mid Sona or Supp Sona?

Supp

Udyr has a unique gameplay flow that is best left for when you already know how to jungle as opposed to when you're learning, IMO.

Very true. It's also a terrible idea to learn jungle with Udyr because there's a lot of little tricks you can do with resetting stances and keeping passive stacks up to minimise jungle creep damage in the first clear so you can actually use your buffs to gank (You need to gank with udyr early on in this coming season or you scale yourself out of the game)

Sofo

OK, I guess I can concede a bit. But I still have nightmares of the Lucian that just autoran right after dying, and attacked Ashe while standing into minions. Like I legit have that ingrained in my brain.

So...replace my Spellthief with Lichbane and then build my usual Supp items?

Read the second line of the post where he talks about lichbane rush. If you are asking this question means you are not to do this because most likely you will set your team back.

Einbroch

Banned
Watching NB3 squirm and cry like a bitch is so satisfying.

He's just such a twat. Constantly shits on other streamers. The most recent example was qtpie. Is qtpie in it for the money? Of course. Just like NB3. Sorry, but these people wouldn't stream 8+ hours a day if they didn't make money. He constantly shits on B2C streams, trash talks his teammates, and is generally just a typical League child.

No one would give two craps if he just said "Yeah, lol, sorry guys, but I didn't think watching a 1-30 stream would be fun so I bought the account". Instead he went on a 30 minute rant about how unfair it is.

Fuck NB3.

OK, I guess I can concede a bit. But I still have nightmares of the Lucian that just autoran right after dying, and attacked Ashe while standing into minions. Like I legit have that ingrained in my brain.
You think ADCs stuck with shit supports have any better lol?

Hey Thresh, can you hang back and stop trying to hook the 2/0 Corki with a Sheen so we can farm and catch up, specially considering you can't hook for shit? Oh what's that? You're gonna try hooking him and getting hooked by their Blitz anyways? Well ain't that super.

Sofo

You think ADCs stuck with shit supports have any better lol?

Hey Thresh, can you hang back and stop trying to hook the 2/0 Corki with a Sheen so we can farm and catch up, specially considering you can't hook for shit? Oh what's that? You're gonna try hooking him and getting hooked by their Blitz anyways? Well ain't that super.

Well yeah.. that's a whole another level of nightmares lol.

Very true. It's also a terrible idea to learn jungle with Udyr because there's a lot of little tricks you can do with resetting stances and keeping passive stacks up to minimise jungle creep damage in the first clear so you can actually use your buffs to gank (You need to gank with udyr early on in this coming season or you scale yourself out of the game)

What junglers do you guys suggest to learn the ropes with then? Before the season change I would mainly play Shen/WW for Jungle, a little bit of Yorick here and there. I know WW is meant to be very OP with the new items.

Sofo

What junglers do you guys suggest to learn the ropes with then? Before the season change I would mainly play Shen/WW for Jungle, a little bit of Yorick here and there. I know WW is meant to be very OP with the new items.

That was somewhat fixed/reworked and Devourer enchantment got nerfed so it's not as strong anymore, or maybe not as broken/R>delete champ.

I can't really suggest good junglers to learn, sorry, I'm not that great at jungling.

Simplicity is key. I second the J4 suggestion, also Amumu, Vi, Pantheon, Xin Zhao, just normal kits that let you do a lot of stuff with.

Edwardo

I recommend Vi. Anyone with easy to use CC should work.

V_Arnold

Tough to carry bronze-level ADCs, not tough to carry. In fact if your ADC has a slight brain functioning, it's a breeze...

And if the support does not go to the enemy jungle alone, shouting "I HAVE TO WARD" or keep fixating on Dragon when half the team is down and the enemies are alive :D

A positive of Cho' jungle right now is that he's pretty solid in the assassin meta. 2.5s silence can really wreck. I find he's like Trundle jungle. Yeah you can pick if first I guess but if you pick him with/against compositions that highlight what they can do then they're very strong. I don't think I'd rate his early clearing sustain as particularly great either, to be honest, but I've only tried it out in customs for my own info and not in an actual match. It's not bad, but there's enough junglers better than him that I'd have to say he's average.
Cho'gath's indeed the type of champion you'd rather choose as the 3rd or 4th in draft select, and the only junglers better than him sustain-wise are Trundle, Rek'sai, Nunu and Warwick, though the early difference frankly isn't that noticeable. He's pretty safe if you start Krugs combined with attack speed runes, and he kills the birds with next to no risk from level 2 onwards due to Rupture + Vorpal Spikes slaying the little ones before they can really retaliate. His problems lie elsewhere, as mentioned before.

If you're going Tiger Udyr, then he's pretty feast-or-famine if he can't pull off ganks. Phoenix Udyr evens things out comparatively speaking: still hits fairly hard in a gank but he kills camps fast while able to quickly push a lane if need be, the kind of ability that Tiger Stance lacks. I agree with him not being a good jungler to start out with though, since as pointed out there's multiple things to keep track of with Udyr if you're only just starting out with the role. He might also be more rune-reliant than he was before, but I'm not too sure on that.

Edwardo

wHAT'RE some tips to successfully land Vi's Q when ganking?

Generally, you get better with practice. You figure out people's tendencies and learn to predict how they'll move and react to you charging up.

I'm usually not afraid to use flash to land a Q when I'm ganking a lane. Especially if I have red buff.

wHAT'RE some tips to successfully land Vi's Q when ganking?
Unless you use blue smite, tag them with red buff or flash mid dash, it's all prediction.

You can also use it after you ult in a level 6 gank, but you'll only open a gank with your ult if you're absolutely sure they can't escape, and in those cases you won't even need to ult to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom