• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

V_Arnold

wHAT'RE some tips to successfully land Vi's Q when ganking?

No easy way for that, I am afraid.

Know what your opponent is capable of. Try to predict their movements, but if they are not that good, you are just going to outplay yourself. If their movement is unpredictable, you can consider going in with R instead (if it is a guaranteed gank) and use Q to get them once they try to escape.

Skilled players are rarely going to get hit by Vi's Q, unless your teammate makes use of his skillshots as well, which should be the whole point of ganking, after all :D

Sofo

Can also just use Q to follow up on CC if you are ganking a lane that has CC.

Chaining CC on an ADC make it really frustrating for them!

Bacon

wHAT'RE some tips to successfully land Vi's Q when ganking?

I usually walk in to lane, charge up the q and then wait for the enemy to make their move before I let go of q. Usually they will either use a movement ability or blow a flash, and that is the best moment to try and land the q or give up on the gank.

Edwardo

Please don't tell me you were running mana runes

+37.5 mana x2
+11.25 mana x9

ric%20flair%20woo.jpg

Jeff-DSA

Played a match last night with Miss Fortune and the other team had Rek'Sai. Three times they came to contest dragon and I popped my ult right into the dragon pit as Rek'Sai burrowed in. All three times the result was the same and I killed Rek'Sai as she came into the pit and we secured dragon. On the third time their team surrendered immediately after. It was pretty funny.

Rek'Sai and Azir seem to be the most out of control champions right now. Yeah, the assassins are annoying, but Rek'Sai and Azir are on a whole other level. Azir can blow someone up pretty much outside of their vision range while staying extremely safe. He has stupidly strong engage and has no risk. For everybody that complained about Ziggs stalling stuff out, that little bomber has nothing on Azir.

Rek'Sai needs a love tap to her damage output.

Jeff-DSA

Her damage is getting hit pretty hard.

Ah, nice. I missed the patch note, I guess. I'd like to quit wasting a ban on her. I don't mind having a high damage jungler, but when you pair it with that amount of utility and mobility, she becomes unstoppable in competent hands.

Jeff-DSA

Fiora got strong to the point of being nerfed, meaning she found a niche and is likely on hold forever like Kayle.

Fiora is just a silly counter pick now. Certain match ups she can't win, like Pantheon, and others you pick her because she's auto win, like Nasus. She's 100% a feast or famine champion. If she gets ahead of you, you're in for a long game. If you're playing as her and behind, you're crazy impotent. I guess there might be a place for champions like that, but it's rough that she has so many match ups that are either so tilted in her favor or against her. Not many "skill match up" lanes with her.

She used to be my highest win rate champion. Not sure why, but I've been on a little bit of a slide with her lately. I think it's all the stupid AP tops right now. Her Riposte is garbage against them, and they all seem to have significant escape from her gap close/ganks while she is very vulnerable to ganks herself.

I was bullying a Lee Sin last night with her though. I started Long Sword and pots and had an easy first blood. Do you guys generally start Doran's Blade with her? Most times I do, but I'm starting to like Long Sword to get a hold on the lane as early as possible.

Edit: I think that more than anything explains her high win rate. People know when to take her based on the top lane opponent and she doesn't get picked up as often if it's a bad lane.

you mean that flash out of range, range extension trick ?

This doesn't work with Vi's Q (if you mean releasing Q then trying to Flash during it, like you can with Shen's E). What you can do is walk in while charging up your Q, then Flash, then release Q (very quickly so they have little time to react). Even at extremely high ELOs few can dodge it if executed right. Of course, you can only do it once before you hit 6, so you gotta make it count.

Jeff-DSA

One thing I wish Riot would clean up is the accuracy of indicators. I noticed last night while playing against Xerath that his range is actually longer than his indicator and you take damage despite it looking like you're in the clear. Darius has the opposite, where his E actually pulls in at a slightly shorter range than the indicator. Plenty of abilities in the game seem to have this problem.

So tempted to buy the pack since I dont own them but their skins are cool.

I am still have some mad moxxi design vibes in Elise

EDIT: OMG thresh does a kabuki dance.

EDIT2: OMG Elise uses a japanase guitar in her recall, why dont quin Sona do this instead.

Leezard

EDIT2: OMG Elise uses a japanase guitar in her recall, why dont quin Sona do this instead.

she was created too early, sadly.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Guqin Sona skin was made a looong time ago.

We need more Sona (ultimate) skins to make up for this travesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom