• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Facing a zed. I went straight zhonyas, then sorcs, then morellos, then deathcap. Is that ok?
you may run into mana issues but it's an alright build. if you're being denied blue buff you're in trouble

you can also do like zhonyas into deathcap into void staff and just try and oneshot people with low cdr. i really like that lux build, tho going for deathcap first. pretty ballsy and not too smart tho lol

you can also try to get tear first item if the zed's not too aggressive, tho that probably requires double dorans or you'll be shoved under turret. it'll solve your mana issues and make your damage scale pretty high into lategame when you get seraph, tho you'll be pushing back your midgame a bit, specially if it's like seraph+seekers.

generally zed's not the easiest matchup for lux, so if your build worked for you then it's ok. considering you're buying morellos after already spending like 4k gold you might want to swap that for athenes as it'll be teamfight time and the mr is not wasted anymore. lux really needs a lot of mana regen cos her mana costs are pretty dumb

Edwardo

you may run into mana issues but it's an alright build. if you're being denied blue buff you're in trouble tho

you can also do like zhonyas into deathcap into void staff and just try and oneshot people with low cdr. i really like that lux build.

or like get tear first item if the zed's not too aggressive, tho that probably requires double dorans or you'll be shoved under turret

generally not the easiest matchup for lux, tho, so if your build worked for you then it's ok. considering you're buying morellos after already spending like 4k gold you might want to swap that for athenes as it'll be teamfight time and the mr is not wasted anymore

We lost but it was a learning experience. I did ok, but my cs was abysmal. I like facing Zed in lane sometimes because it feels like a game in itself trying to figure out what he's going to do to try to juke. They had a lee as well, so that was fun times when he ganked lol.

Sej didnt give up a blue buff so I did end up running into some mana probz. I like the idea of the zhonyas, deathcap, void staff build though. Might try that sometime.

Yea Athene's probably would've been better.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea like basically after you get zhonyas you don't really care about zed anymore, so just freely build athenes even if you're "wasting" gold on mr, you'll still get some use out of it

i also like buying mejais a lot on lux but that might be asking for it too much :p

Ferga

I was so close, promos :( Then it was a straight fall.

My damage was like 60/40 phys/magical at the damage screen. So chompers did about 40% of my damage. The rest was the 36 cd on my ult + constant W spam.

Will say was the most fun I've had with jinx in an aram.

Oh right. Aram.

I was trying so hard to wrap my head around the damage in a SR game.

Sofo

Am I too tryhard to be trying to work on my csing on custom games? ;o

My CS is so bad when I ADC, I want to improve ._.

Edit: I try the 5 min-38 CS but, do you account the wave coming in? Because I got 27 only without counting that one ._. (this being bot, not mid btw)

Sometimes I cancel autos -_-

Ferga

15 minute queue timer for solo draft queue. Get into a game. Someone doesn't pick and game dodges.

Back into queue for another 5 minutes. Someone doesn't pick again.

Back into queue for another 4 minutes. Someone doesn't pick again.

Back into queue after 3 minutes. I hope to god noone bloody afks this queue.

27 minute queue time altogether. This is some shit.

Leezard

15 minute queue timer for solo draft queue. Get into a game. Someone doesn't pick and game dodges.

Back into queue for another 5 minutes. Someone doesn't pick again.

Back into queue for another 4 minutes. Someone doesn't pick again.

Back into queue after 3 minutes. I hope to god noone bloody afks this queue.

27 minute queue time altogether. This is some shit.

Congratulations to getting high normal mmr

Ferga

I just watched a Draven buy Botrk into last whisper.....

I went 5/0 as jungle Sion and fed the crap out of top and mid but we struggled to end the game because we had no range damage.

It was god damn painful to play such a prolonged easy game

Am I too tryhard to be trying to work on my csing on custom games? ;o

My CS is so bad when I ADC, I want to improve ._.

Edit: I try the 5 min-38 CS but, do you account the wave coming in? Because I got 27 only without counting that one ._. (this being bot, not mid btw)

Sometimes I cancel autos -_-
There's no such thing as being tryhard when you're trying to get better at a competitive game. Set gradual drills you can use to practice CS - start CSing with no bots and no runes/masteries, add one bot (1v1 the bot will always go bot lane) and start trying to harass between CS, add 9 bots do the same, add runes and masteries and repeat, take it to normals, move between each drill once you can get most of the CS consistently and you're golden.

You don't account for that oncoming wave. 38 cs is the max amount of farm you can have at the 5 minute mark in bot lane - mid max is 44. You don't need to aim exactly at 38 at first, start trying to get to 30 minimum and then improve from there. The early game is crucial for ADCs so improving that will help you a ton, the faster you get that BF Sword / Cutlass the better.

Sofo

No, that is a good way to improve. For better training, play without runes and without items.

I should do that! Problem is I am practicing with Tristana (I only own Ashe/Sivir/Trist as far as ADCs goes) and the only one I have a bit of practice on Normals is Trist, but it's nowhere ranked level.

There's no such thing as being tryhard when you're trying to get better at a competitive game. Set gradual drills you can use to practice CS - start CSing with no bots and no runes/masteries, add one bot (1v1 the bot will always go bot lane) and start trying to harass between CS, add 9 bots do the same, add runes and masteries and repeat, take it to normals, move between each drill once you can get most of the CS consistently and you're golden.

You don't account for that oncoming wave. 38 cs is the max amount of farm you can have at the 5 minute mark in bot lane - mid max is 44. You don't need to aim exactly at 38 at first, start trying to get to 30 minimum and then improve from there. The early game is crucial for ADCs so improving that will help you a ton, the faster you get that BF Sword / Cutlass the better.

That makes a lot of sense, ty! And thanks for clarifying about the oncoming wave. So far my drills I try to have a mirror match or a straight counter/annoying one (like I will play Trist vs Cait) to simulate harrass but if I want to keep aware of the map and harrass and CS, then I miss some/too many. This is ok on these drills but on normals that tends to put me on tilt ._. I keep dwelling on my poor CSing .___.

ty all btw, really appreciate the tips

Ferga

I'd recommend caitlyn if you want to practice csing. No real ad or AS steroids to help you and you'll still get the feel of being a ranged carry.

Plus she's viable in real games.

Remember. Pressing S is your friend.

Right click to cs.
S.
Right to cs.
S.

Or if you're really fidgety or when you get better at csing, you can walk back and forth in a line. You generally do this in games to avoid harass.

Sofo

I'd recommend caitlyn if you want to practice csing. No real ad or AS steroids to help you and you'll still get the feel of being a ranged carry.

Right click to cs.
S.
Right to cs.
S.

Or if you're really fidgety or when you get better at csing, you can walk back and forth in a line. You generally do this in games to avoid harass.

Yeah, I tend to move between AAs or to wait until the last moment to CS! My real problem is that sometimes I will cancel AAs because I am a fairly nervous person and insecure at times -_- or sometimes it hits, but doesn't register D;

Ferga

Yeah, I tend to move between AAs or to wait until the last moment to CS! My real problem is that sometimes I will cancel AAs because I am a fairly nervous person and insecure at times -_- or sometimes it hits, but doesn't register D;

Press S right before you cs. S is your friend. You start getting into a rhythm with S.

S is for Super great work at getting that creep Sofo!

Nekofrog

Banned
i feel like graves is a really underrated pick right now

i say that as someone who knows very little about adc

still, did the most damage out of everyone in the game in the 3 games i lost as him :\

Bacon

i feel like graves is a really underrated pick right now

i say that as someone who knows very little about adc

still, did the most damage out of everyone in the game in the 3 games i lost as him :\

I love playing Graves. He almost never gets played anymore so people underestimate him and you can go nuts.

1-1 in my promo to silver 2, which would be the highest I've ever been in league.

Had a hot streak thanks to a few malz mid games but threw that last one.

Kinda scared to go for the next one, I got GOODBYE, PROMOS jitters!!!

jerd

That video is great.......
2JfevfH

Think there's anything to it besides just harrowing hype? I was really hoping the fog was related to a new champ

Blizzard

Banned
Newt, I've had a couple of random people add me that I don't think I played with. The first was some spambot, and I rejected the second, but I don't really have any idea how they would find me unless they're just hitting everyone.

Jeff-DSA

I made it to Silver I tonight. Looking at the tribulations this division has wrought upon Ferrio; I'm not looking forward to what it has to offer.

I'm going to have to find a niche pick to see me through. :/

If it makes you feel better, I breezed through Silver 1 in less than a week. It was Silver 3 that was the real roadblock to push through.

Right click to cs.
S.
Right to cs.
S.

what is csing? I rarely use the S with cait so I am intriged

Negaduck

What I used to do while waiting for friends to get on or get ready or if I didn't have time for a full game is just start a custom game with one bot and practice cs'ing or my jungle routes. You can do this without the stress of an actual game and if you mess up or want to try someone else just quit out and make another.

Been having good success with sion. I'm thinking of writing a guide for top lane with the new beast.

Cs = creeps slain. From wc3 dota terms iirc.

Nekofrog

Banned
Creep score, aka last hitting.

I've never used S myself either, I thought league players just cancel with moving and not use S?

you've obviously never waited for 30 goddamn seconds while a blue buff wails on you with 10 hp left on it while you wait for your stupidass midlaner who said he was coming to finish getting that last bit of farm before they actually do come to get it

Ferrio

Banned
you've obviously never waited for 30 goddamn seconds while a blue buff wails on you with 10 hp left on it while you wait for your stupidass midlaner who said he was coming to finish getting that last bit of farm before they actually do come to get it

Ah I've used it there once or twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom