• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sofo

I am fine with Nemesis in the sense that I guess they can't make you play what you don't own?

I like all the champions that I have except maybe Soraka and Warwick but even then, they are of some use. Glad to know I don't own Urgot!

Not that hyped for the game mode though.

Blizzard

Banned
I am fine with Nemesis in the sense that I guess they can't make you play what you don't own?
That wouldn't make sense though, since it means you have the ARAM account problem I mentioned.

People could just use accounts where they like all the champions owned, and the only "bad" ones you could give them would be from the current free week.

Type2

ED8dMO2.jpg

That sammy effect

Leezard

I like all the champions that I have except maybe Soraka and Warwick but even then, they are of some use. Glad to know I don't own Urgot!

Not that hyped for the game mode though.
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2015/01/115-pbe-update.html
-- Available champions for you to give the other team are allowed from the collective pool of champs on your allied team.
-- There is a free trading period after all champs have been locked in, allowing you to organise amongst your team who would be best playing which champs. Even if you don’t own a champion, you’ll still be able to trade and play anyone you’re given.

So, it seems you can get anyone, even if you don't own the champ.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Sigh VPN allows for nonlagging Twitch on source. But League login servers don't work when I have it on anymore, Rito pls.

Blizzard

Banned
I feel old because I haven't paid attention to LCS since maybe season 3, and I don't recognize a lot of the names and teams. I picked some top numbers, and some arbitrary lower ones, so it should be fun to see how it works out.

Blizzard

Banned
I tried Nautilus top, but my internet died a ton in PVP even with the unbonded upload thing, so I just have to swear off PVP completely. Nautilus seems like he could be fun top, though he uses so much mana. I was trying to get a couple of tank items and then use the new portal. The one time I used it, I put it in the lane bush. And the minions powered up, getting like 400 attack damage which seemed great.

BUT, what I did not realize is that the minions lose health the further they travel, automatically. So they literally cannot make it from the nearest side lane bush to the side inhibitor tower. The game ended shortly afterwards, so I didn't use the portal again. Maybe next time!

DeadNames

Banned
Guys I made a non troll thread on Reddit.

Although it was about balance and I mentioned Thresh in a bad light so I'll probably get downvoted.
/s

Blizzard

Banned
What line/spec is Flex?
I think it just means you can field one extra player of any role, and that player scores for your team.

The three alt slots do not score for your team. They're benched players that you can swap in. Also, you are not allowed to draft more than two players in a single role. So if you put a mid laner as your flex person, your alt slots have to be other roles.

*edit* I might as well post my team. First time trying this. Three of my players don't even have portraits.
lcs_teamjzouw.png

DeadNames

Banned
wtf do i do against a fed ahri

it's like she has the tools for everything. zky is ahri one of your waifus? tell me how to beat her please. doesn't help the TF i was with was literally so trash.

And my jungle irelia lmao. Missed smite on drag and literally let j4 walk up to it and smite it. HOW DO YOU MISS SMITE IF:

a. The damage is on the icon. wtf.
b. the HP of the monster is in BIG HUGE NUMBERS ABOVE IT

zkylon

zkylewd
if you have people in your team that are doing alright you can try group and teamfight. she's worse at teamfights than picks/2v2s

also have good vision so you don't get picked

DeadNames

Banned
if you have people in your team that are doing alright

Well there it is. Everyone on my team was a total moron. Corki was pretty fed but he did absolutely nothing with his lead. I would try to communicate with my team about what was going on but you know... I get one message every few minutes and there's only so much i can do with pings.

Also we didn't ban J4. Gotta love losing at champ select.

Ferga

Ok. So welcome to the season 5 jungle:

- Junglers buy rangers after their first back and then switch for smite slow on their second back.
- Junglers should farm for 4 before ganking
- Laners can actually stop a snowballing jungler by taking one camp from them
- Farming junglers will outscale anything that comes out even in a lane

Jungle gold is ridiculous this patch. Don't blame your junglers for not ganking because farming is insanely effective for them to carry mid game/dragon fights.

Buy the upgraded yellow trinket at level 9. 60s cd wards are much better than the nerfed red trinket.

zkylon

zkylewd
if there isn't really anyone that's in a carry position in your team then it doesn't matter if it's ahri or ad galio

one thing you can do by yourself is to try trading ults with her, as long as you don't get killed in the process/bait your team to death. she's still scary with her ult down but nowhere near as much and you can use that time to catch up in farm and vision, maybe bully them out of a dragon or turret, whatever

also if corki doesn't want to group just play around that and defend and make sure you don't get picked while corki splitpushes or whatever. he's fed, you're not, so in the end it's in your best interest to help him.

DeadNames

Banned
if there isn't really anyone that's in a carry position in your team then it doesn't matter if it's ahri or ad galio

one thing you can do by yourself is to try trading ults with her, as long as you don't get killed in the process/bait your team to death. she's still scary with her ult down but nowhere near as much and you can use that time to catch up in farm and vision, maybe bully them out of a dragon or turret, whatever

also if corki doesn't want to group just play around that and defend and make sure you don't get picked while corki splitpushes or whatever. he's fed, you're not, so in the end it's in your best interest to help him.

We tried staying mid and waveclearing, but J4 would just wreck us all. I was somewhat fed on you-know-who, but Ahri invalidated my existence with her Morellos.

zkylon

zkylewd
so what you're saying is

not banning j4 is moronic

picking aatrox in a meta in which four morellos in one team isn't uncommon is not moronic

Ok. So welcome to the season 5 jungle:

- Junglers buy rangers after their first back and then switch for smite slow on their second back.
- Junglers should farm for 4 before ganking
- Laners can actually stop a snowballing jungler by taking one camp from them
- Farming junglers will outscale anything that comes out even in a lane

Jungle gold is ridiculous this patch. Don't blame your junglers for not ganking because farming is insanely effective for them to carry mid game/dragon fights.

Buy the upgraded yellow trinket at level 9. 60s cd wards are much better than the nerfed red trinket.
i'm really not convinced by the trading jungle item thing. sounds kind of broken.

what do u mean with the taking one camp thing

should i like make it like a big deal to go and randomly kill enemy wraiths whenever i can? i really stopped doing this in s5 since new wraiths are monsters now

DeadNames

Banned
so what you're saying is

not banning j4 is moronic

picking aatrox in a meta in which four morellos in one team isn't uncommon is not moronic

I thought that I could trust my team to not feed the overloving hell out of Ahri. I was against GP/Janna too. I didn't think Ahri would get to the point she did, because I roamed and killed her a few times, even when she had Morellos.

What are the prefered spots to place the trinked as a jungle?

Talking about wards, I am not sure if is a bug or a intendet pun but placing the red trinket showed off as the bouquet trinket in the last match I played.

J4 would just wreck us all.
like sure you can say that you're super confident in your aatrox

but at the end of the day, you're playing aatrox, who uses 1 cc/gap closer initiation and then is basically done in fights.

i really don't think playing a tank top laner in the meta of carry tops like gnar/lissandra/rumble is really wise.

DeadNames

Banned
like sure you can say that you're super confident in your aatrox

but at the end of the day, you're playing aatrox, who uses 1 cc/gap closer initiation and then is basically done in fights.

i really don't think playing a tank top laner in the meta of carry tops like gnar/lissandra/rumble is really wise.

Because everyone was super behind. I was the only force in the game and they would just focus me.

Also Gnar is a tank. A hyper mobile ranged manaless AOE CC zero weakness tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom