• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff-DSA

i might actually end up cracking and buy an xp boost for my other account because it's taking so goddamn long to level up.

I may buy one for my smurf to take advantage of the new rune pricing. Tier 1 runes will actually be a decent buy. It's so stupid trying to jungle on a nerf account.

Einbroch

Banned
einbroch how do you afford all these figures

I lurk figureGAF sometimes but never partake because it'd ruin me

shit's so expensive

Nendoroids are super cheap. Well, in the figure world anyway. Some of the older ones are like $15-20. Grab a couple every month, boom, you have a collection. The newer ones (which are higher quality) are ~$25-30 with the great exchange rate. I don't collect scales, like, at all. The only scales I have are Racing Mikus, because I like the line and am a bit obsessed with Miku. Those run ~$80, but they're yearly, so it's not bad.

This month is expensive for me. About $280. But this month is the last month of my collecting days without a budget. After January, it's 10k Yen a month, or about $85. The only other "hobby" I have is gaming, and with Gamefly it's gonna be like $100 a month for my hobbies, which is totally cool with me.

But you have people like Chrono who spend $400+ a month on figures. He's nuts.

Nendoroids are super cheap. Well, in the figure world anyway. Some of the older ones are like $15-20. Grab a couple every month, boom, you have a collection. The newer ones (which are higher quality) are ~$25-30 with the great exchange rate. I don't collect scales, like, at all. The only scales I have are Racing Mikus, because I like the line and am a bit obsessed with Miku. Those run ~$80, but they're yearly, so it's not bad.

Thats the idea, you will buy lots of nendos for the cheap price if you are not careful.

garath

Nightblue is doing exactly what I was theorizing would be popular after the jungle item changes. Start rangers and farm hard then swap to stalkers midgame. Especially effective for someone like Vi who has her ult for the easy ganks. Farm in between ults like normal but with rangers in your pocket. No idea if it is going to be the most efficient method longterm though.

Nightblue is doing exactly what I was theorizing would be popular after the jungle item changes. Start rangers and farm hard then swap to stalkers midgame. Especially effective for someone like Vi who has her ult for the easy ganks. Farm in between ults like normal but with rangers in your pocket. No idea if it is going to be the most efficient method longterm though.
I don't see the point of even bothering with Trailblazer on champions that have no trouble clearing. Sure when it had a lower CD smite it was a thing but since when champions like Vi have trouble farming forever?

It might be good for tanks or junglers with bad first clears but if you can tear camps apart by level 3 like Vi what will you even do with it, specially since now you get to both smite a camp and use blue smite in a gank by your first recall?

zkylon

zkylewd
Eh, we can do it later.

i'm up!

Just got my Mystery Skin from Rito. My favourite Akali skin! <3

heh i got the same mystery skin

She becames too strong to be a support, too sustain to be taken down but cant disengage or engage properly like other supports.

Nendoroids are super cheap. Well, in the figure world anyway. Some of the older ones are like $15-20.
i wish $15-20 was super cheap in argieland T_T

i need a mako and a satsuki and i want the ahri T_T

garath

I don't see the point of even bothering with Trailblazer on champions that have no trouble clearing. Sure when it had a lower CD smite it was a thing but since when champions like Vi have trouble farming forever?

It might be good for tanks or junglers with bad first clears but if you can tear camps apart by level 3 like Vi what will you even do with it, specially since now you get to both smite a camp and use blue smite in a gank by your first recall?

Faster clearing! Not sure. Maybe with the new gold gains it won't be too bad but it was pretty easy to fall behind early if you weren't ganking (successfully). Jungle this season is pretty brutal. I haven't played enough to figure a good way around it short of hardcore farming.

Remind me how I'm supposed to use Supp Alistar...

Headbutt the opponents away from your adc right when they are about to get a kill.

garath

The jungle isn't as brutal as long as you follow a simple rule: don't touch chickens before level 3~4.

Brutal more in terms of xp over time early. Which does tie into the evil chickens. They are evil. I've gotten executed twice in this new jungle. That's embarrassing. Mostly because I was playing hearthstone at the same time, but still.

Blizzard

Banned
Remind me how I'm supposed to use Supp Alistar...

Do you know how to WQ? If yes, you're good, just peel/initiate, if no, learn how to WQ.

The best advice I've heard for WQ is to press and _HOLD_ Q as soon as Alistar starts the W animation. Q should auto-trigger at the end.

I am still not reliable on it though, presumably because I press Q before the animation actually starts, or when Alistar is slightly out of range, cancelling the W command.

if you don't want to practice that, the easy and safe option is to walk up to someone's face, press Q, walk behind them, and W them into your teammate.

Regarding the fantasy draft, apparently the chat is broken so we will have to coordinate some other way.

drawkcaB

Brutal more in terms of xp over time early. Which does tie into the evil chickens. They are evil. I've gotten executed twice in this new jungle. That's embarrassing. Mostly because I was playing hearthstone at the same time, but still.

A Jarvan in one of my support matches last week was executed in the jungle twice. I should have AFK'ed right then and there because things sure as shit didn't get any better.

Jeff-DSA

A Jarvan in one of my support matches last week was executed in the jungle twice. I should have AFK'ed right then and there because things sure as shit didn't get any better.

I got executed last night for the first time in the new jungle. To be fair, it was a nerf account at level 11 (crap for runes/masteries) and I wasn't given a leash so I couldn't get any items after backing after blue. Lost focus for just a second and the stupid birds got me.

Bacon

I've found clearing the mini chickens before you take on the momma chicken makes that camp easier to deal with even at low levels.

I've found clearing the mini chickens before you take on the momma chicken makes that camp easier to deal with even at low levels.
Yeah but before level 3 you likely don't have enough damage to kill chicken wings before they do too much damage to you. It's better to just do wolves instead on your way to your second camp to be safe.

Negaduck

I do golems -> red -> chickens. Roar and one hit kills the small chickens and have no problem at all.

Then I back and upgrade jungle sword to start ganking

I do golems -> red -> chickens. Roar and one hit kills the small chickens and have no problem at all.

Then I back and upgrade jungle sword to start ganking
Well yeah, you're recalling, that's why you don't have problems. Doing chickens at level 2 then doing other camps so you can gank ASAP hurts a ton.

Negaduck

Well yeah, you're recalling, that's why you don't have problems. Doing chickens at level 2 then doing other camps so you can gank ASAP hurts a ton.

I've done wolves frog and golem after chickens without recalling without problem either.

Golems helps for voli cause if the fast auto attack.

Nekofrog

Banned
Yeah but before level 3 you likely don't have enough damage to kill chicken wings before they do too much damage to you. It's better to just do wolves instead on your way to your second camp to be safe.

master yi can kill the chickens at level 2 with no problem. auto a baby chick, Q, the chick you just auto'd is dead. auto the next, and the next, and they're dead. now it's a pissed off mama.

Probably. Maybe they're trying to turn Rylai's on another 120 AP item? I dunno, Rylai is not really an issue, why randomly fuck with it?

baseswaincompare.jpg

Neat, Swain no longer looks like living, humanoid puke

Blizzard

Banned
I'm waiting to see if Rylais is real.

Nemesis...sounds like tons of dodging will happen unless they add a HUGE penalty. And I fear there will be enough champs I don't want to play that it will be more frustrating than amusing with Urgot and Poppy every game or something.

I also wonder if they will take out the champion pool restriction, so you can force people to play champions they don't own. That seems necessary, otherwise you'd end up with the ARAM account problem.

*edit* Another thought, if they DO add a huge penalty, then it means people will presumably be able to troll with no consequence. You could give the other team a really strong champion, and no one could dodge without the penalty.

Jeff-DSA

Nemesis mode stat tracking will be hilarious. Champion popularity will be the best metric ever.

So now we have Urgot, Galio, Zac, Poppy, and Yorick as pick/ban status?

drawkcaB

Scarizard said:
Unfinished, at the moment. Experimenting with a new build path for Rylai's - lack of HP is a bug.

Thank God. If I have to wager a guess the % slow might be removed and instead you get a speed boost. Basically testing out a "Phaged" Rylais. If that's the case, I love the change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom