• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sofo

In general, Kog, Lucian and Irelia are among the few champs who should rush Trinity right?

Not Lucian imo.

Alistar top (I think? Though not that common anymore), Corki, Ezreal, Irelia, Kog'Maw, Poppy, among others that I can't think of right now, usually want to make Trinity Force part or the core of their build really.

Edwardo

In general, Kog, Lucian and Irelia are among the few champs who should rush Trinity right?

Corki too. I haven't on Lucian in a while since I switched to IE and Youmuu's, but I dont really play Lucian much anymore anyways.

I do it on Ezreal as well.

Nev

Banned
Day 67, three patches later and I still suffer 20 fps drops when certain spells are in the screen. Luckily I don't play LeTrash, but if I played her I couldn't because everytime her W is on the screen I go down from 60 to 40fps. Same with Jayce ball, Morgana W, Sion ult, every spell from deep terror Thresh (this one is the most ridiculous since it doesn't happen with the default skin, haha nice optimization people at Riot) and more.

Still not even acknowledging the problem and it's been there since the fucking new map and even before let alone fixing it. Thanks Riot!

Edwardo

Day 67, three patches later and I still suffer 20 fps drops when certain spells are in the screen. Luckily I don't play LeTrash, but if I played her I couldn't because everytime her W is on the screen I go down from 60 to 40fps. Same with Jayce ball, Morgana W, Sion ult, every spell from deep terror Thresh (this one is the most ridiculous since it doesn't happen with the default skin, haha nice optimization people at Riot) and more.

Still not even acknowledging the problem and it's been there since the fucking new map and even before let alone fixing it. Thanks Riot!

Ya they same thing happens on my friend's laptop. On top of that, whenever Yasuo ults, his computer just freezes completely.

Newt

Can you expand on why you think it is the case that you can itemize against vi but not Jarvan? I'm curious.
Against Vi, I can go Banshee's veil or QSS and completely mitigate the CC effects of her ult. Against Jarvan, if I'm not playing some mobile champion and he ults me, I'm very likely screwed.

Any word on if Kennen will get a rework or undergo a VU like Tristana's?
Poppy is next.

Newt

These redirects to fitness mags is really fucking annoying.

vi is annoying as fuck but honestly Jarvan is five times the stupidity.
Maybe I'm just biased because I play so much Sivir (Vi is like the most useless champion against Sivir), but I barely even consider Vi a threat. She's nowhere in the same League as Jarvan, Pantheon, Fiddle or Reksai.

DeadNames

Banned
Maybe I'm just biased because I play so much Sivir (Vi is like the most useless champion against Sivir), but I barely even consider Vi a threat. She's nowhere in the same League as Jarvan, Pantheon, Fiddle or Reksai.

I think we're talking pure design here, not strength.

cHinzo

51b2ea8250.jpg
Just got my Mystery Skin from Rito. My favourite Akali skin! <3

Jeff-DSA

I play a completely immobile ADC (Miss Fortune) a lot, and Vi doesn't bother me. I agree that Jarvan, Fiddle, and Rek'Sai are the problematic and irritating junglers to deal with. Rek'Sai is getting a nerf, but I still don't know how much it's going to matter. She's the ultimate in jungle mobility, sustain, and damage.

Pantheon is stupid strong. I tried him for the first time last night and despite not getting a leash and having to back right after blue, watching my lanes get behind as Rek'Sai dealt death everywhere, I still managed to scale up and carry the game. I had no clue what I was doing, but his kit is so inherently strong, even from behind, that I could get rolling and tip the game back into our favor after level 6.

The big problem with Pantheon is that he never stops eating once he starts to get fed, so I think that's a legit trade off you need to deal with when having him on the team.

opinions on patch:

* sona nerfs are dumb, but rito doesn't know what to do with sona so whatevs. it's so weird to see sona get so many nerfs and janna be mostly untouched. not that sona doesn't need nerfs or whatever, i don't really play sona anymore, but it's weird to nerf a champion that doesn't 'feel' strong to the one playing her.

She becames too strong to be a support, too sustain to be taken down but cant disengage or engage properly like other supports.

wut

sona's w costs so much mana in lane that by the time that she "sustains too much," she's hit the point where W is pretty useless.

and what do you mean she can't engage? She has the strongest engage in the game; Crescendo.

Just bought Lucian. What's a good build order for him in the current meta, since we're discussing it and a lot of the guides I found are a bit outdated?

wut

sona's w costs so much mana in lane that by the time that she "sustains too much," she's hit the point where W is pretty useless.

and what do you mean she can't engage? She has the strongest engage in the game; Crescendo.

Not really if my ADC is getting bullied I stop leveling Q and go for at least three points W and starts building the Chalice asap, Wait for my ally HP being in a half to get a proper heal bonus and slap the enemy with the W's power chord.

Crescendo is amazing when you are running away but when your team hit all the stunned enemies at the same time is just a wasted opportunity to take them all one by one.

Because it's so easy to counter. Split push, hard CC, anything.

yeah but theyre bronze or whatever can they actually do any of that

they think they can

but they might just run around in circles

It doesn't help that NB3 sucks. He's losing 1v2 fights.

oh well if hes just an asshole whatever

but like on the right hero and a talented person vs legit the lowest rungs of the ladder i think it could be possible

at least in dotes

Einbroch

Banned
yeah but theyre bronze or whatever can they actually do any of that

they think they can

but they might just run around in circles

oh well if hes just an asshole whatever

but like on the right hero and a talented person vs legit the lowest rungs of the ladder i think it could be possible

at least in dotes

It is in Dotes because of TP scrolls, blink, and carries in Dotes > carries in League. Plus League is easier, so even the shittiest of shit can miss spells and it's not a big deal because the mana cost and cooldowns are so low.

A legit, 1v5 with no disconnects and against a non-stupid team comp is nearly impossible to win. Sure, you might win 1 out of 50 if you do it all day and can set it up, but nah.

Not really if my ADC is getting bullied I stop leveling Q and go for at least three points W and starts building the Chalice asap, Wait for my ally HP being in a half to get a proper heal bonus and slap the enemy with the W's power chord.

Crescendo is amazing when you are running away but when your team hit all the stunned enemies at the same time is just a wasted opportunity to take them all one by one.
what

multiman crescendos end fights. that's how you win as sona. you engage hard. you don't sit there waiting for them to jump on you. that's when you're at your weakest because your peel sucks.

if your adc is getting bullied, leveling w will not help. the only solution to losing lane is being more passive and farming under your tower. spamming w, even with a chalice will run you out of mana extremely quickly and lowers the amount of poke you can do in lane.

Edwardo

Just bought Lucian. What's a good build order for him in the current meta, since we're discussing it and a lot of the guides I found are a bit outdated?

There's a bunch of options.

IE, BotRK, and Triforce are all good.

Pair one with a Youmuu's or a Shiv and you're good to go.

Or Triforce with either of the first two.

Then an eventual Last Whisper.

Negaduck

Guys if voli becomes fotm I'm sorry.

If ap voli becomes fotm I'm even more sorry.

Okay maybe I'm not.

I have a feeling voli is gonna be popular soon.

garath

It is so funny hearing how OP Rek'sai is. All the early discussions when people saw her on PBE was like "she'll be a crappy jungler. Crappy CC. She'll be like Shyvana with little gank potential. etc etc".

Even listening to Saint talk about the patch notes he's talking about her amazing CC. I chuckled a little bit.

Negaduck

There have been so many champs when top players discuss and theory craft say they are bad but end up being super strong.

I don't really even care or listen to top player thoughts on champs anymore (not that I ever really did)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom