• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
why did they give her single target 20% damage amp in the first place?
It was supposed to gate her point and click burst behind a skillshot. Now that DFG is gone, so is her overall burst so might as well buff her other shit and get rid of that now random piece of power. I really like the Q MS buff idea, like she has sort of a non ult escape now.

zkylon

zkylewd
Wow, what even are those Riven buffs?

Why is Riot significantly lowering her skillcap?

not really a buff, just like a quality of change for less skilled riven players

It was supposed to gate her point and click burst behind a skillshot. Now that DFG is gone, so is her overall burst so might as well buff her other shit and get rid of that now random piece of power. I really like the Q MS buff idea, like she has sort of a non ult escape now.
i wasn't clear i guess. what i mean is, if rito didn't want ahri to be an assassin why did they give her an assassin kit?

i like the q ms buff thing, but these buffs are super lame as compensation for the fuckton of damage she just lost between removals of dfg and dmg amp.

Not really, decent Riven players already do that. But yeah, I don't understand why lower her skillcap, she'll be actually as faceroll as Deadnamesland Riven is.
i don't think rito wants the difference between scrub riven and god riven being if god riven can click a bit on the ground after every q

idea is for skill to be displayed through reflexes, aim and tactical/strategic decisionmaking

imo it's a good change

i don't think rito wants the difference between scrub riven and god riven being if god riven can click a bit on the ground after every q

idea is for skill to be displayed through reflexes, aim and tactical/strategic decisionmaking

imo it's a good change
Problem is her damage is balanced around the fact that maximizing it requires mechanical skill and is something you can screw up with. If this change goes through Riven will simply terrorize lower ELOs until she gets neutered just because Riot wants to make her dumb to play. Being able to cancel her Qs is a big deal.

Should ADCs be able to orb walk by simply holding shift and mashing RMB behind them? Because the difference between an adc that can do that and kite and one that will just get caught and die is clicking a bit on the ground between each attack move.

zkylon

zkylewd
Problem is her damage is balanced around the fact that maximizing it requires mechanical skill and is something you can screw up with. If this change goes through Riven will simply terrorize lower ELOs until she gets neutered just because Riot wants to make her dumb.

i mean, i don't play riven, but if you still have to weave autos in between q's and other spells, it seems to me like it's not all mashing, there's room for mastery there

if rito wants her to be more about skill they could maybe nerf her base damages and make her passive better or whatever?

ed on your ed:
Should ADCs be able to orb walk by simply holding shift and mashing RMB behind them? Because the difference between an adc that can do that and kite and one that will just get caught and die is clicking a bit on the ground between each attack move.
the big difference to me seems to be that clicking on the ground as riven between attacks is an obscure mechanic that doesn't involve using your brain whatsoever while kiting effectively as an adc is all mechanics purposely on the game and at the very least the clicks the kiter makes do the job of repositioning which is a valuable skill for league design

Weaving autos and spells takes no skill as far as Riven goes and now your Q will weave your autos perfectly between each Q. What makes Riven good is her animation cancelling which requires practice and mechanics.

Like imagine if you could just press and hold Lux E so it would pop the exact milisecond it hit the ground
the big difference to me seems to be that clicking on the ground as riven between attacks is an obscure mechanic that doesn't involve using your brain whatsoever while kiting effectively as an adc is all mechanics purposely on the game and at the very least the clicks the kiter makes do the job of repositioning which is a valuable skill for league design
How does it not involve using your brain? Maximizing your damage is not something automatic, you're doing specific combos in specific ways so Riven can do things she normally wouldn't be able to. This is different from when they made wall jumping easy, being able to burst someone down at certain points of the game in like half a second is very dependant on being able to do this.

what skill is there in just mashing q and right click over and over and over instead of having to time it precisely so you don't fuck up your own dps.

wait wtf

stones post didnt even show.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm not against animation cancelling, i just think having to q, click on the ground, then click on the enemy is an extra click and it's clunky and ugly and weird

i don't disagree that timing should be important, but mindlessly clicking on the ground when you could just click the enemy instead (which is what i hear is how you cancel with riven) sounds really dumb to me

Like imagine if you could just press and hold Lux E so it would pop the exact milisecond it hit the ground.
i would actually really appreciate this as lux e is not much fun with high ping

no, you click on the ground in order to cancel the animation of Riven's Q, leading to another increase in DPS, which that change completely removes. you end up with just mashing Q and your RMB/LMB/A Click on your enemy and they lose about 1/2 of their hp in about 1/2 of a second.

It's not mindlessly clicking on the ground. It's no different from orbwalking, you Q, cancel the Q with a move order, cancel the move order into an auto attack and then Q again. It's a very specific thing that requires mechanics used on other things to maximize DPS.

Riven is supposed to be like a fighting game character, you're supposed to learn timings, motions, combos, etc. It's what makes Riven enjoyable, if you think that's weird it's fine but there's over a 100 champions for people like that to play. All this will do is piss off people, Riven players that wasted their times learning this and low ELO people having to deal with braindead Boxbox wannabes, it's dumb dumb dumb dumb.

Nekofrog

Banned
i recorded some video of it but it's pointless

you just hover your mouse over the enemy, and QQQ as fast as you can and it QautoQautoQautos all by itself.

drawkcaB

More senseless hardcore-cred bitching by the shitty fuck-awful LoL community. Looks like we've found this quarters version of jungle timers in Riven's Q change. Do it Riot.

Nekofrog

Banned
More senseless hardcore-cred bitching by the shitty fuck-awful LoL community. Looks like we've found this quarters version of jungle timers in Riven's Q change. Do it Riot.

yeah, let's just change the defining aspect of a champion out of the blue for no real reason

it's TOTALLY the same thing

jerd

It's kind of silly to even have to explain why this isn't the same thing.

Sofo

Just got exactly 7800 IPs (most I've ever had too!). Such a purrdy number.

Btw, bought Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed really cheap with some friends, and dear fucking god, what a blast it is to play it lol. It can be a bit janky but damn, really fucking hilarious. It's also really weird/creepy? that there's humans playing versus Sonic and friends (kinda like those nightmare-inducing comics on Deviantart).

Tizoc

Just got exactly 7800 IPs (most I've ever had too!). Such a purrdy number.

Btw, bought Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed really cheap with some friends, and dear fucking god, what a blast it is to play it lol. It can be a bit janky but damn, really fucking hilarious. It's also really weird/creepy? that there's humans playing versus Sonic and friends (kinda like those nightmare-inducing comics on Deviantart).

I've been pimping that game for 3 years, it's the best arcade racer of the past gen.
I don't see what the issue is with animals racing against humans, it happens in Mario Kart and CRT. I mean it's...cartoony-ish thing.
There was even a Konami Kart game featuring G. Fox and other Konami characters released on GBA years ago.

There needs to be a LoL racing game ish would be hilarious.

Newt

Best name for a Vayne player ever.
18926c01618ce9cb308fcfa7d60971ab.png

jerd

Apparently the riven changes are an unintentional side effect of the cc chain changes. Doesn't mean they're going to change it back tho.

Sofo

I've been pimping that game for 3 years, it's the best arcade racer of the past gen.
I don't see what the issue is with animals racing against humans, it happens in Mario Kart and CRT. I mean it's...cartoony-ish thing.
There was even a Konami Kart game featuring G. Fox and other Konami characters released on GBA years ago.

There needs to be a LoL racing game ish would be hilarious.

Idk, at least in Mario Kart there's just IPs, even if human they look like videogame characters, here I am racing versus a real life person called Danica Patrick. It's super weird lol.

I still think Mario Kart (Wii, and WiiU) are superior but this is fun, and on PC! So ;o

don't play for a month, spend it all on new champion

never play again

beat league of legends

Nah, I guess I'll hoard some runes and maybe buy Caitlyn or something! We'll see!

Nev

Banned
Holy shit if that Riven buff goes through she's going to be unstoppable.

Dumbing everything down. I see Ghostcrawler is doing his job already. I guess killing WoW pvp wasn't enough for him, he wants to ruin more games. Great addition to your team Riot!

bidguy

Banned
am i crazy or is that ahri buff a bit too much ?

didnt she basically get a free escape with her q buff along with damage on every ability

zkylon

zkylewd
am i crazy or is that ahri buff a bit too much ?

didnt she basically get a free escape with her q buff along with damage on every ability
considering she lost the 20% dmg amp and her core item got removed from the game (lol) i'd say that buff is puff

also ahri's kit now kind of doesn't make any sense. what will she be picked for? she won't have good poke, good utility or good damage.

Tizoc

Idk, at least in Mario Kart there's just IPs, even if human they look like videogame characters, here I am racing versus a real life person called Danica Patrick. It's super weird lol.

I still think Mario Kart (Wii, and WiiU) are superior but this is fun, and on PC! So ;o

Eh don't think into it too much, I have the game on Vita too and umm I don't feel like unlocking that character ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom