• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadNames

Banned
More senseless hardcore-cred bitching by the shitty fuck-awful LoL community. Looks like we've found this quarters version of jungle timers in Riven's Q change. Do it Riot.

Come on now dude. I hate riven with the burning passion of a thousand desert Suns, but removing something that made great Rivens great is stupid.

jerd

Come on now dude. I hate riven with the burning passion of a thousand desert Suns, but removing something that made great Rivens great is stupid.

I don't even think it is just about that. In my mind it is a massive Riven buff even for top tier players because the animation appears to be cancelled at the absolute maximum speed with these changes. That's something I doubt even people like box box or BRNA do consistently if at all. I think it will be something like a free 300 damage combo at level 1 complete with knockup.

I don't even think it is just about that. In my mind it is a massive Riven buff even for top tier players because the animation appears to be cancelled at the absolute maximum speed with these changes. That's something I doubt even people like box box or BRNA do consistently if at all. I think it will be something like a free 300 damage combo at level 1 complete with knockup.

Yeah, it just happens extremely fast. It becomes too reliable. Counting her passive, her Lv1 Q will consistently do 30 (+480% AD) total.

This will not push through without nerfs. Rumble Q's damage was nerfed because they fixed Q to make the damage more reliable.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Oh my god we won

I believe in j4 support now

it helped that the other adc was a moron and immobile (draven) but jarvan was alright

Blizzard

Banned
Oh my god we won

I believe in j4 support now

it helped that the other adc was a moron and immobile (draven) but jarvan was alright
J4 is my go-to support if I want to have fun and don't want to play a more traditional support. He has a lot of damage early even while building tank items, he boosts attack speed slightly, and if you want to go really crazy, he can lane with Vayne for condemns against the ult wall. He's got some peel and CC.

Basically silly and fun, though probably not the best option.

Leezard

Playing ranked, when suddenly...

800 games in ranked fiddle main

e3ad3b7bd001c5d0a3be44afa1f52128.png

I feel like I have finally mastered Vladimir. Many rune and mastery experimentation combinations later, I have an understanding of what it takes to win with him.

I'm beating diamond J4s, Rivens, Irelias, etc. in normals. Can't wait to totally dumpster my ranked stats in season 5 because he's a horrible solo que champ, but it's still fun.

Is building a Banshee's Veil as your first tank item wrong or something (Vi Jungle)?

I had a fully upgraded JG item, mobis, and BV, was 6/1/0, and was helping lanes pretty well. Out of nowhere the team surrenders at 20 and one of the reasons was "my build". I pointed out the fact that the main threats on the enemy team were all AP and they're just like "lol, yeah sure."

DeadNames

Banned
Is building a Banshee's Veil as your first tank item wrong or something (Vi Jungle)?

I had a fully upgraded JG item, mobis, and BV, was 6/1/0, and was helping lanes pretty well. Out of nowhere the team surrenders at 20 and one of the reasons was "my build". I pointed out the fact that the main threats on the enemy team were all AP and they're just like "lol, yeah sure."

I like going visage before BV. Visage I feel is better early because CDR, healing bonus, and hp. I like late game BV more because picks are so important and you can mitigate poke.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

you dont need mr if you just build triforce and oneshot their AP's.

I like going visage before BV. Visage I feel is better early because CDR, healing bonus, and hp. I like late game BV more because picks are so important and you can mitigate poke.

Yeah, but if your jungler was 6/1/0 and still outputting great damage with a BV, would you FF just because of the build?

Leezard

Good luck! I'd like to see a postgame summary and how the Fiddlesticks did, if you don't mind.

Thanks. Fiddle did well enough as he got a couple of great ults in, but Lee Sin and Vayne did some well-timed knockbacks that nullified his ults in two team fights.
Since we managed to knock away fiddle and I managed to interrupt Vel'Koz in almost every team fight, their team fight was pretty much over.

They got loss forgiven, so I only got 5 LP. The praise I got ingame was worth more than the slight LP loss, though. :)

26b091f0cbacf4b20c14b027a6276ef3.png

It's not often I get praise like this in solo queue so I better brag while I have the chance

Edwardo

Hmm, been seeing some adcs on streams going BT into PD, I wonder if that's gonna be a thing again.

Hmm. Idk. I still feel like I'm better off with 20% crit chance and 50% increased crit dmg instead of 20% lifesteal and a shield. As a first item I don't see the lifesteal being that huge of an impact.

Tbh I don't really know. I had a huge hard on for lifesteal quints back in season 3, so maybe they'll make a comeback ;)

Bought a runes page now I can finally build a tank properly

Thanks. Fiddle did well enough as he got a couple of great ults in, but Lee Sin and Vayne did some well-timed knockbacks that nullified his ults in two team fights.
Since we managed to knock away fiddle and I managed to interrupt Vel'Koz in almost every team fight, their team fight was pretty much over.

I still miss like the 70% of bubbles =(

Sofo

They got loss forgiven, so I only got 5 LP. The praise I got ingame was worth more than the slight LP loss, though. :)

It's not often I get praise like this in solo queue so I better brag while I have the chance

Nice! Pfft, it's okay to enjoy oneself every once in a while. I've had 2 nice laning phases today as Nami, and I feel I am improving! I am doing the AA > E as the AA travels now, and it feels so much better to surprise then the enemy ADC with a Q.

I'm still very far from where I want to be though. I need to learn to toss preemptive/predictive Qs, like when Katarina uses her ult, because I don't like relying on my ult to block it. Do you have any tips? I can defend myself versus low gold supports (particularly Thresh, since I use him quite a lot and I know his timers).

Leezard

I still miss like the 70% of bubbles =(
Try using the E to slow before, it makes it much easier.
Nice! Pfft, it's okay to enjoy oneself every once in a while. I've had 2 nice laning phases today as Nami, and I feel I am improving! I am doing the AA > E as the AA travels now, and it feels so much better to surprise then the enemy ADC with a Q.

I'm still very far from where I want to be though. I need to learn to toss preemptive/predictive Qs, like when Katarina uses her ult, because I don't like relying on my ult to block it. Do you have any tips? I can defend myself versus low gold supports (particularly Thresh, since I use him quite a lot and I know his timers).

I think Kata is one of the most difficult mid laners to interrupt as Nami. Kata has an instant blink on her E, so it can be difficult to predict, and she can just choose to not use it if you throw it too early. If you know who she's going to focus, you can try to drop a bubble over the one you know Kata is going for when you see that she walks towards him/her. It's still just a wild guess, but it can work every once in a while. If there's anyone else you would like a tip on I can probably help a bit more.

i actively avoid nami vs kat since your cc just comes out so slow. usually i end up picking janna (ult) braum (everything) or blitz (q,e,r) since their spells come out so fast

zkylon

zkylewd
why pink

isnt it supposed to be a blood moon skin?
well i like pink

My most recent posts haven't been that bad.

I don't know if it's noticeable, but I'm trying to clean up my act.

that's good to hear

lol enjoy it while it lasts

those few games everyone's like "you rock" are like crazy confidence boosters

Banshee isn't as good to be as it used to ever since the rework to regen. The on hit regen was changed from 45HP5 to 100% base HP regen. How many champs even get that much base HP regen? Champs usually get to around 20 ish by max level.

It was bonkers how you get 90HP every time you get hit.

Unusual ARAM rolls recently. 7/10 out of my match history are ADCs. I also had doubles like 2 Graves, 2 Corki, 2 Malz (I went AD Malz in one).

I love Graves, Lucian and Jinx in ARAM. I used to like Sivir the most especially pre-rework, but they nerfed her sniping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom