• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwardo

6 item Ashe vs completely itemized Rammus. I nearly killed myself attacking a 600 armor Rammus to death. :(

Yea I was supporting a Trist the other night and the other team had a Rammus. She kept destroying herself trying to auto him down. But not to worry, I made sure she remembered not to ;)

zkylon

zkylewd

garath

If I played ranked right now I'd probably be Silver I. My skills have deteriorated so much. Newborns take a lot out of you.

Been honing my CS:GO skills though. Easy enough to drop in and out of games with that.

Nev

Banned
So I got a Ziggs 1/5 in lane. Good thing he had a Jarvan IV in the team to win the game for him and just had to press R in lategame to get half the team's hp despite being an absolute misery in lane. Gotta love these champions. Riot should make a new champion category for champions like Fizz, Akali, Ziggs and such that might as well be afk at base as long as they come back and get a few undeserved kills so they become the biggest threat of the enemy team despite being invisible the whole game. They should be under the "easy undeserved comeback" category.

It's the first time I alt +f4 a ranked game, I'm sorry but I won't play a game where I tryhard for 25 minutes, outplay the enemy in every single thing, reduce him to the absolute irrelevance only to have him go from 1/5 to 6/5 because he presses R before dying in a clusterfuck.

What a fucking joke this game is. Hopefully it gets overthroned by Dota soon.

Btw, an advice for people who care about placements: ban Fizz, Vi and Jarvan IV, the holy trinity of cancer if you want to get somewhere. If your stupid leader doesn't ban them all you should pray that your team can get one of the soloQ autowin trashes they are, and if the enemy team has any combination of Fizz (Akali in some cases) + Vi or Jarvan you should dodge and save yourself 20 minutes.

Newt

So I got a Ziggs 1/5 in lane. Good thing he had a Jarvan IV in the team to win the game for him and just had to press R in lategame to get half the team's hp despite being an absolute misery in lane. Gotta love these champions. Riot should make a new champion category for champions like Fizz, Akali, Ziggs and such that might as well be afk at base as long as they come back and get a few undeserved kills so they become the biggest threat of the enemy team despite being invisible the whole game. They should be under the "easy undeserved comeback" category.

It's the first time I alt +f4 a ranked game, I'm sorry but I won't play a game where I tryhard for 25 minutes, outplay the enemy in every single thing, reduce him to the absolute irrelevance only to have him go from 1/5 to 6/5 because he presses R before dying in a clusterfuck.

What a fucking joke this game is. Hopefully it gets overthroned by Dota soon.
Haha silly Nev, you have bans.

Nev

Banned
Haha silly Nev, you have bans.

There are 123 champions in the game and we have 3 bans, of which all 3 of them are automatically assigned to Fizz, Vi and Jarvan IV.

Then add Akali, Reksai, Irelia, Pantheon, Gnar, Yasuo, Azir, Zed, Graves, Leblanc, Katarina and other soloQ monsters who basically are free because you can't stop banning any of the holy trinity of toxicity. Nice. 3 bans for 123 champions. Hahaha.

Bacon

There are 123 champions in the game and we have 3 bans, of which all 3 of them are automatically assigned to Fizz, Vi and Jarvan IV.

Then add Akali, Reksai, Irelia, Pantheon, Gnar, Yasuo, Azir, Zed, Graves, Leblanc, Katarina and other soloQ monsters who basically are free because you can't stop banning any of the holy trinity of toxicity. Nice. 3 bans for 123 champions. Hahaha.

I don't understand why you play this game. I've never seen you say one positive thing about it.

Blizzard

Banned
One time you guys were both in mumble and I was legit laughing so hard.
I always just preemptively mute him now and he probably does the same to me.

I will totally do promotions if Ghost agrees. It's a match made in heaven. Everyone's welcome to spectate.

Jeff-DSA

You have the opportunity to select any of these champs, you know.

Ziggs isn't that great anymore. I'd be surprised if he was in the top 75 for win rate.

But look, man. It's a 5 on 5 game. No one champion can compensate for coordinated play, especially when both teams have access to the same pool of champions. If they pick an "OP champ" like Fizz, pick his counter. I don't think there's a single champion out there without counter play right now. 'cept Azir. Screw that dude.

Edit: And waiting for Dota to overtake League isn't necessary. You can play it right now. It's far more imbalanced, however, so have fun with that.

Newt

You're banning champions like Fizz, Zed, Yasuo and LeBlanc which you seem to think are super strong solo q champions, but in reality they're nothing special.

Blizzard

Banned
promos10q8x.png

I got a good feeling about this! I told Ghost he can pretend he doesn't rage, and I can pretend I'm a decent player, at least for 10 games. Besides, wherever we end up, we'll individually get to our proper elo after that.

Blizzard

Banned
Summons, is your internet working fine now?
Probably not, don't tell Ghost.

But seriously, I'll need to do a couple of bot test games to check. It usually works well after midnight EST but that's super late. If not, I'll have to wait on promos until like next week once the cable company has checked things out.

Nev

Banned
You're banning champions like Fizz, Zed, Yasuo and LeBlanc which you seem to think are super strong solo q champions, but in reality they're nothing special.

Of all of these I have only banned Fizz, the rest only if the enemy team bans Vi/J4. They are nothing special? They're basically the best soloQ champions in the game. You can't carry teams easier than with Fizz, Vi and Jarvan IV. Why I don't play them? Because I never had to rely on fucking toxic cheesy shit to climb and never will. I might never get higher than diamond 3 but I will proudly stay in diamond 5 knowing I've reached it without ever using any of the fotm garbage or the go-to soloQ bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom