• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Can't believe I managed to carry this
XSECM3e.jpg

Nekofrog

Banned
Ahri has room for creativity between her Q and her ult, Xerath's kit is used the same way every single time. Not that simplicity is a bad thing, but even if she has less to her kit her kit can be used in more ways.

bull.

ahri gets 3 free flashes at 6, whoopee. xerath is rooted in place with his ult, and is immobile in general.

plus she's a generic waifu. we know what the bias is in this situation.

also unrelated, my smurf got banned for a month even though ive only played 10 games on it. strange.

Blizzard

Banned
bull.

ahri gets 3 free flashes at 6, whoopee. xerath is rooted in place with his ult, and is immobile in general.

plus she's a generic waifu. we know what the bias is in this situation.

also unrelated, my smurf got banned for a month even though ive only played 10 games on it. strange.
Do they tell you the reason for the ban, or is it just a generic ban?

That is weird. Riven's didn't used to jump walls either, and then they changed it to let her jump small walls.
Riven's ability to jump walls was a bug resulting of some gap closer changes Riot did some years back to make them more responsible when dashing through walls.

Only thing Riot did was turning it into a feature.

Nekofrog

Banned
Do they tell you the reason for the ban, or is it just a generic ban?

generic "violated the summoner's code".

all i can think of is in my 10 games, i played some unconventional picks. these were all my games:

wonnered:
irelia top (twice), trist ADC, Ashe ADC, full AP Nunu jungle, Amumu support, Poppy support,

losted:
AD TF, veigar, yi jungle

so i won all of my unconventional pick games except AD TF and lost two standard ones.

Blizzard

Banned
generic "violated the summoner's code".

all i can think of is in my 10 games, i played some unconventional picks:

wonnered:
irelia top (twice), trist ADC, Ashe ADC, full AP Nunu jungle, Amumu support, Poppy support,

losted:
AD TF, veigar, yi jungle

so i won all of my unconventional pick games except AD TF and lost two standard ones.
Weird. Did you type anything in chat? Maybe it was a chat issue since I assume there weren't AFKs.

Nekofrog

Banned
nope. i've also said a lot worse things on my main than anything i might've said on my smurf, which was probably nothing.

i havent even logged into my smurf since my provisionals

drawkcaB

Occam's Razor scenario? Maybe they banned your smurf for a reason related to it being a smurf? When NB3 had his smurfs banned it was just a generic wall of text as well.

(yes, I'm aware he paid for his and that's a violation)

Jeff-DSA

My main got banned, but it appeared to be accidental. I got an email saying it was banned but haven't had issues logging in and even played a match. I'm not playing Ranked until a week into the season anyway, so I've been on my smurf, but I wonder if they got some false flags and are fixing them manually. Maybe yours will free up.

My message was vague like that too. Just "summoner's code violation." Thing is, I never talk trash, quit, or troll at all. I'm a freakin' Eagle Scout in my matches. The only thing that might have tripped it is that I played for like a week straight at my in-law's house down in California, but I highly doubt that was it. I think it's just a quirk of their automated system.

Try logging in later, it will probably work. Mine never locked me out.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
which smurf? the one you got from a friend, the lvl 17 or the bought one?
because two of those have reasons for catching a ban.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
but in that case, it would just be a "case closed account perma'd".

this is a "1 month ban for recent activity" deal. as if someone was being a bad boy.
which account?

for example if it was your bought account, maybe you didn't properly secure it and the previous owner checked if they still had access.

and besides, permas are supposed to be human bans, so its possible the system netted a 1 month ban for suspicious activity until the account can be reviewed.

Nekofrog

Banned
i hope not i've been a good boy on my main who has spent probably over $1,000 :3

i dont yell and scream at people and call them retards

Alistar's new W means you can hide behind minions now. Maybe they're balancing it with other hooks/snares that can be similarly blocked by minions?

drawkcaB

He just pushes minions out of the way. I'm 90% sure it acts similar to Sejuani's Q where the dash is stopped by the first champion he hits. I suppose body blocking by the support is now possible.

Jeff-DSA

Guys, I'm seriously bummed about the Katarina nerfs. Can someone come over tonight with a pizza and some drinks and we can just talk about it while you ignore that a random tear rolls down my cheek from time to time? Can we just queue up a few more times before she's Urgot-bad together, and can I play with my mic muted because my voice sounds like it has a wahwah bar attached to it?

Edwardo

U guys around to draft, or do we want to wait til tomorrow? Gonna plan on 7:30est, half hour from now. If the majority arent here, well wait til tomorrow.

Blizzard

Banned
Guys, I'm seriously bummed about the Katarina nerfs. Can someone come over tonight with a pizza and some drinks and we can just talk about it while you ignore that a random tear rolls down my cheek from time to time? Can we just queue up a few more times before she's Urgot-bad together, and can I play with my mic muted because my voice sounds like it has a wahwah bar attached to it?
If it makes you feel any better, Katarina was one of my first mains and one of my best champions a couple of seasons ago. I had 70% win rate out of 100 ranked games if I recall correctly, and made it to, or near, Gold V.

Unfortunately, I've been pretty much universally terrible with Katarina ever since she was reworked, so I'm just kind of dead inside when I see patch notes like that. It doesn't even really make me sad.

"We're sorry you saw that before it was officially supposed to be revealed."

(To be serious, it may not actually ever make it in, but yeah.)
If it had been an intended change they would have done so when he got his visual update. It's not happening, just like those Quinn ult toggle changes some time back.
tina-fey-alec-baldwin4fjot.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom