• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to get the Nami climb going.

tumblr_n4pdr4WYtJ1ta2kkao3_250.gif

Newt

Of all of these I have only banned Fizz, the rest only if the enemy team bans Vi/J4. They are nothing special? They're basically the best soloQ champions in the game. You can't carry teams easier than with Fizz, Vi and Jarvan IV. Why I don't play them? Because I never had to rely on fucking toxic cheesy shit to climb and never will. I might never get higher than diamond 3 but I will proudly stay in diamond 5 knowing I've reached it without ever using any of the fotm garbage or the go-to soloQ bullshit.
I mean, I agree with you kind of. Shitty toxic champions that win easily like J4 exist. The problem is, is that your making claims without stats. Yasuo for example is a very low winrate champ. Anyways, you can climb without champs like that. I made it to D2 with Sivir, Draven and MF.

Leezard

Oh right I meant out of placements. Plat 1 is the top placement after the placement games. If you can reach plat you can probably reach dia v without problems. It's basically high plat anyway

drawkcaB

People instabanning Vi and Jarvan? Haha.
You deserve the solomid monsters you get instead. You deserve them all.

I can't agree here on Jarvan. He's definitely a high priority ban. His cross-section of high win rate/high play rate/being able to contribute when behind can't be easily ignored.

Leezard said:
Let's not fight about Zyra or Nami, they are both great

NOW KISS

(I honestly don't think there's such a thing as a genuinely bad support champion right now. Only time I worry is when someone wants to take a non-support champion and shoehorn them into the role)

Ghost is bad said:
YOU KNOW THAT SONG ABOUT THAT GUY WHO WAS ON A BOAT AND FUCKED A MERMAID

You and I interpreted the boat on the lake scene in Little Mermaid very differently.

Man, played Malz in a ranked game last night for the first time in forever, went 12-1-15. Hero is so much fun. Of course the other team was really bad given that our Vayne went 15-2-12 and I think we had like 30+ kill advantage.

Still, when J4 ults you and you can drop your HP sucking pool on him and then ult him right back and you watch as he dooms his team to death, so good.

I pretty much never play mid these days so it was nice to win a game where I was forced into it. My opponent was a Jayce, I have no idea if that's a good or bad matchup.

V_Arnold

I can't agree here on Jarvan. He's definitely a high priority ban. His cross-section of high win rate/high play rate/being able to contribute when behind can't be easily ignored.

If you start banning junglers who can be played well to make an impact, you will have a lot of jungle bans to sort through, imho.

Newt

If you start banning junglers who can be played well to make an impact, you will have a lot of jungle bans to sort through, imho.
Nah, you're not looking at it from the right perspective. Jarvan isn't banned because he can be played well and make an impact. Jarvan is a champion that should be banned because not only is he strong, but he's also a very simplistic champion that's easy to perform well with.

I hate Thresh for a similar reason. He's a complex champion that's difficult to perform well with.

I hate AFK IP farmers in Dominion AI games. I just want to get my first win and having one guy "disconnect" means we have to fight super-hard to win or lose.

The worst part was that I lost and the same guy was in my next game (I didn't notice until the game started). If I hadn't picked Karma I would've lost again.

Newt

I hate AFK IP farmers in Dominion AI games. I just want to get my first win and having one guy "disconnect" means we have to fight super-hard to win or lose.

The worst part was that I lost and the same guy was in my next game (I didn't notice until the game started). If I hadn't picked Karma I would've lost again.
It's only a matter of time until riot will release ranked dominion.

bidguy

Banned
yep first ranked ever done and... lost

started really well too, their akali got a double in the first two minutes which is when our ziggs started flaming everyone and their mother

is getting placed really that black and white ? like only wins and losses count and not how you played ? i mean i really fucking tried but it just didnt work

Newt

yep first ranked ever done and... lost

started really well too, their akali got a double in the first two minutes which is when our ziggs started flaming everyone and their mother

is getting placed really that black and white ? like only wins and losses count and not how you played ? i mean i really fucking tried but it just didnt work
Out of what I've seen, early placement games matter a lot. The latter ones don't matter as much.

drawkcaB

Genuinely bad no, but Taric and Lulu aren't doing so hot

Taric I can't comment (although his win rate is actually pretty damn high, but that's another story) but I think Lulu's perfectly fine. I'm sure people disagree but I find in situations where I don't quite want Nami and I don't quite want Sona, Lulu is often a really good choice.

V_Arnold said:

Well, for one thing as Newt pointed out you don't have to be a particularly good Jarvan to have an impact. That would be one of the reasons I highlighted why he's ban worthy.

That's not really the point I was getting at though. If you take the three criteria I use when determining bans and why I use those criteria, it's as much about mind games as anything else.

Taric I can't comment (although his win rate is actually pretty damn high, but that's another story) but I think Lulu's perfectly fine. I'm sure people disagree but I find in situations where I don't quite want Nami and I don't quite want Sona, Lulu is often a really good choice.
that usually means that you want to play thresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom