• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

23qwerty

b-b-b-but nightblue said the buffs to hecarim were negligible and he was still garbage

the w changes make him a bit safer early, the mana changes on his q are definitely fairly negligible. but it's mainly the chilling smite change that make him stronger.
all that in conjunction with the previous buffs a few months ago to his passive and q mana cost make him quite a bit stronger i guess.. he definitely feels a lot better to play now, but i'd have been happier with him being a bit more underground but a bit weaker, i was still able to win most games with him like that.

here's hoping he doesn't gain much popularity.

23qwerty

please explain why hecarim is so good currently? (secondary jungler who kha'zixs, so i'm prepped for hec spam)

He's always been good imo, but thaaat's just me.

Changes to his w give him better sustain in the jungle, change to chilling smite gives him extra damage through his passive (that was buffed in a patch a couple months ago) along with even more movespeed than other champions using chilling smite since hecarim's usually take movespeed quints. Mana cost reduction on his q is fairly negligible, but can be useful sometimes.

I wouldn't expect much Hecarim spam if I were you though.

cHinzo

Renekton also seems pretty strong with his buffs. The one in my game snowballed so hard from his lane dominance. 3-1 atm in my placements. Doubt I'll get a better placement than my 8-2 from last season though. Havent played many games in the last couple of months.

garath

Ugh. I don't feel like doing placements. I'll probably do what I did last season and wait a patch or two.

On the bright side I'm starting to find a little slice of time that I might be able to play a game most nights.

I should have know this would happen.

Autolock-in Katarina.

I was going to play mid, but I said "oh well, nevermind I'll go support I guess. She used to be Plat, maybe she won't be like all the other autolock's Katarina". I ask what support to play, braum nami sona thresh. And they said Thresh, oh well.

Turns out exactly as expected to be honest, Katarina was flaming and letting Lissandra roam all day long.

Rek'sai got mad with kat and renek(for some reason) and said he was going to feed

a5nn4dz.jpg

fxrFy5F.png

Something like this happened in my placements last season, went 3-7. (I was demoted from Silver I ... to Silver II)

I just hope I have the same luck again.

forgrim

Renekton also seems pretty strong with his buffs. The one in my game snowballed so hard from his lane dominance. 3-1 atm in my placements. Doubt I'll get a better placement than my 8-2 from last season though. Havent played many games in the last couple of months.

As a renekton main, its ...almost the same, if you snowball early, you can affect the game by roaming everywhere. The 'buffs' are actually terrible if ur lane opponent can get away from you extremely quickly (i.e. gnar, a good teemo, etc.) because the rage doesn't build as quickly without brawling with a champion. New mechanics were introduced where slicing through minions however building fury, so you can build fury using SD but lose ur escape.

Usually I can surprise my lane opponent by being near 50 fury, and if they are 50% health, dicing through, empowered stun, aa q aa ignite, and using my last dice to close gap when they flash away, or flash ahead myself for a pretty easy kill.

and lategame is still lategame, didn't get much help there, you just have more fury to q for more health. that's about it.

1-1 in placements so far.

The second match was weird. The team we were going against was the team I had been on just a minute before ... before one of them autolocked Cait while screaming "ADC" and leaving me with jungle.

Somehow, the other team decided to dodge and I ended up facing down the same Caitlyn who autolocked me.

I kicked her ass. Also our Talon was OP as fuck in Game #2 and that really helped.

Hecarim felt really strong the other day with the new chilling smite and his buffs. He sustains really well and his ganks are better now. could be a pretty popular solo queue pick again at least

BlazinAm

If am Braum and I am stacking my passive on the opposing Nami do not throw your fucking q as Sivir just auto-attack if she lives then throw the q.

jerd

Can't decide if I want to wait it out and start ranked in a week or so or just get my placements over with so I can get the inevitable disappointment/quitting and uninstalling/reinstalling and resuming the climb started

Blizzard

Banned
I thought snares stopped most any movement ability. I'm almost certain I just saw a Fiora use ult after being snared by Morgana though, with the sound playing for the snare and everything.

Can Master Yi use Q after he's snared?

cHinzo

Time for ranked!

Wooooo

Edit:

First time adc and a support Galio. :
Hey hey! Support Galio aint THAT bad. I tried it in normals after his ult got buffed and they matched us up against another Galio sup. Mirror match Galio sup in normals, what were the odds... Anyway, he got pretty good peeling and poke. Especially the amount of zoning u can do with his ult it incredible, but his mana costs are way too high sadly.

Drafted the players for my team in our Fantasy League. Ended up with half of SK, because everyone else took the good players. :(

Sofo

Except I can understand French and they're super similar.

Omelette du fromage to you!

I really want to try the molten shield buff to Annie too! I've been itching to try tanky Annie and with Ry'lais and the speed boost of Tibbers she might be really sticky. Hate it when Tibbers doesn't obey to follow, I just put it facing the wall for time out afterwards! :3

I wonder if it'll make worth it to put a point in E pre-6 at mid. I saw Annie Bot hold putting points in E until 7 I believe, and it worked really well last time I mid with her. Support Annie I usually go for it at level 3 or 4 though, depending on how it' spooking.

Blizzard

Banned
Everyone is busting out their skins for placements. I'm letting Newt pick my champions for placement games. I had to go Caitlyn since Draven was taken though.

I got one disconnect, right at the beginning, but weirdly the internet seemed to still be working. I could refresh NeoGAF, I could briefly see other players moving, and my modem didn't log an error, but I still died standing still and wasn't able to play for like 20 seconds. That hurt a lot, and then like an idiot I got in range before I was level 2 and may have died again. Plus the Draven had the flashy skin so you know he was pro.

In the end we used teamwork and dragon control to win. The Braum was really patient and helpful with advice.

zkylon

zkylewd
won my second game, so 2-0 so far

we had a crazy vi that had lck levels of dragon control and carried our asses pretty hard

i feel like i may have gotten easy games early on, so my elo must've fallen pretty hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom