• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerd

The easiest way is to remove a couple (3-5) of blue mr runes and replace them with mana regen. If you want to replace some armor yellows with mana regen, you might need armor reds and/or one or two armor quints to make up for it.

Personally I use a page like this for Nami, but not for others like Sona. It comes down a lot to play style.
On Sona, you probably just want to replace a couple of mr blues.

Do you use hybrid pen marks?

jerd

Cool thanks! I'm going to try to support more this season I think. I've always enjoyed it well enough but was stuck in that "I've gotta do damage late game to carry!" mentality. I've really been enjoying Soraka lately.

This is pretty much how I play jungle Yi:
Smite Frog, Activate W>Get Blue, activate W>Keep going around camps and W-ing in between. Once I've exhausted the camps or reach lvl. 6, I return to base and get my item and start ganking.

For that matter, frog+Blue get me to lvl 3, but what's the fastet route to get to lvl. 4 if possible?

Gank. Getting that early game kill will do a lot, barring that I would take red and then gank. Lvl 3 is pretty much the gank level. One thing I would say is that there is no reason not to return after a lvl 3 gank to just buy items, as long as the other buffs are cleared. By not doing so you are only impeding your clear potential.

When I play Udyr I go Red Buff > Wolves > Blue > Gank/Frog > Then back to buy. As yi you already have a good clear, going back and getting the next level in your jungle item is going to speed up you clear even more so. The dream for me when it come to any jungler, is being able to clear all the neutral creeps my side and then gank before they spawn again by the 15 min mark.

What's the problem with devourer? I play Udyr jungle and I find myself winning a lot of games where I just rush it, got boots of mobi and just build Armour. I would have thought an item that will let you scale into late game is a good thing?
Takes too long to stack because camps spawn slowly and Devourer jungler ganks are usually mediocre, pretty weak at start with only 25 base, by the time it gets decent Warrior/Juggernaut/Magus junglers will be like two laps ahead of you, and unless you're expecting hour long games or absolute stomps you'll rarely get to a good lategame scaling in time.

And good fucking riddance. Hopefully Riot will just let this item rot.

Mabufu

Banned
Really actually enjoyed building IE > PD > BT btw (didn't get to finish it, they surrendered). Damn it feels such a good item, although I might be wrong!

Btw, two times Caitlyn's ult went through my Sona (like, literally) and hit me? wtf.

Collision detection still fails in some rare cases. I've seen Ashe ults, and Ahri's Qs miss totally their targets even being clearly onto them : /

rrr45.jpg
Awww yiss. Those effects are great.

Really actually enjoyed building IE > PD > BT btw (didn't get to finish it, they surrendered). Damn it feels such a good item, although I might be wrong!

Btw, two times Caitlyn's ult went through my Sona (like, literally) and hit me? wtf.
PD is teh secks, I wouldn't buy Shiv on anyone but Vayne/Ashe/MF unless you/re behind and need a cheap alternative.

also new Trist splash:

Tristana_Splash_0.jpg
Creepy as fuck. Eyes are too big. Previous splash was better.

What the fuck are you doing Riot...
Priorities. Nerfing everything more important than reworking Ranger's Trailblazer, y'see!

no

devourer is shit, don't buy it

it's part of the reason why kayle jungle isn't good anymore
Pretending that jungle Kayle was ever good in the first place during (pre-)season 5. She was always far too reliant on getting her items quicker than the other jungler to be any kind of threat while not exactly being a scary duelist either. Gimmick pick against worse players more than anything.

What's the problem with devourer? I play Udyr jungle and I find myself winning a lot of games where I just rush it, got boots of mobi and just build Armour. I would have thought an item that will let you scale into late game is a good thing?
It's still good on a number of champions, just not overloaded on beneficial stats like it was before. Not sure if I'd buy it on Udyr unless I'm snowballing with him, but on someone like Trundle (who has an easy time racking up assists) the other options aren't too worthwhile with how I itemize him.

garath

It's interesting. I use attack move a lot but I use it in the context that they are changing it to. Even now I almost expect it to attack the thing nearest to my cursor. I think I'll enjoy this change.

Newt

4-2. Was doing pretty well till I had those 2 last matches supporting a Caitlyn.
I hate that adc = (

I think I dont have enough patience to support such a passive champ : /
Cait should be really agressive in lane, she's easily the best lane AD.

Sofo

Collision detection still fails in some rare cases. I've seen Ashe ults, and Ahri's Qs miss totally their targets even being clearly onto them : /

The first one I was like ok, because I was mid W when it hit me, but the second one, her "laser" was through Sona the entire time lol. Super weird.

PD is teh secks, I wouldn't buy Shiv on anyone but Vayne/Ashe/MF unless you/re behind and need a cheap alternative.

Yeah! And I actually thought it would delay my power spike a bit too much but it feels so good as far as TF item goes, it feels really good though, totally!

jerd

As I think Cait is not for burst/all-in, i picked Nami. For healing and power up her autos : /

But now that you ask, I may pick Annie next time.

It's a different kind of aggression. You're not necessarily looking to all in with Cait. It is just boat loads of harass. Nami goes really well with her.

iosefe

Gotta live that carry lifestyle.

Or learn to get carried

If you wanna climb, just play. Choose a role, get good at that role.

as it stand i'm aiming support and Mid. Leona has been fine, but a bit of a miss, and then i have Braum, who has been a bit more consistent. i can't really do squishy champs that well for supports.

mid-wise i'm thinking velkoz, Annie and Xerath. i picked up Xerath last week and it's fairly fun. but i'm still not very comfortable laning. i'm getting there though.

i don't think i could ADC. i haven't done well in it

Jeff-DSA

so i want to actually play ranked this season. how does one actually do the climb through bronze and up though?

I started playing League during last season. I went from Bronze 3 to Gold 4. I played a good amount, but not as much as a lot of the guys here. You'll rank up if you keep playing and playing the right way.

jerd

Skipped Silver3. I don't get the placements I guess. Get placed a full league below where you were, then win 5 games to gain two divisions.

as it stand i'm aiming support and Mid. Leona has been fine, but a bit of a miss, and then i have Braum, who has been a bit more consistent. i can't really do squishy champs that well for supports.

mid-wise i'm thinking velkoz, Annie and Xerath. i picked up Xerath last week and it's fairly fun. but i'm still not very comfortable laning. i'm getting there though.

i don't think i could ADC. i haven't done well in it

I am doing bot lane myself as ADC and Support. I have 4 ADCs I feel comfy with and I am planning to add three more (Lucian, Tristana and either Cait or Vayne). On support, I only have three characters I can play to some extent but I will be adding Sona and Leona soon.

I have to get a lot more time in for jungle just so I can do the basics of it and I need practice in solo lanes, too.

Has anyone else noticed a big uptick in support Annie or is it just me? I am seeing them very often in the past few days, as frequently as Sona and Thresh.

Because if the Jungle Blitz wasn't enough we've also got someone named God of Flame on the team who's insta'd Teeto.

(ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom