• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iosefe

?

Also I just noticed. Why do all champs that stack mana have really unfun laning patterns? Jayce, Yorick, Singed, Ryze, etc.

Oh I just hate mages.

Edit: honestly what the fuck is up with this packet loss?
He's the owner of that hat, and no mere mage, but a Sorcerer

zkylon

zkylewd
thinking about playing some mid nidalee

is she built like straight ap like before?

You're right about liandries, but don't get it on ori or syndra either.

Morello is a good item even if you disregard the heal reduction. Athenes is also ok though.
no yea i mean morello for that reason. obviously morellos is a strong item atm, i just got athenes cos blue buffs were kind of hard to come by

and yea liandrys i just buy as like six item most of the times.

i mean i usually get hated on for misplays or whatever, but it's very rare someone complains about my items cos i generally make teh effort to itemize well

but yea buying morellos to counteract cho passive is like some weird some of messed up logic

i like the terrible katy perry cover ahri song that comes after that one

concept is funny, it's just that the original is much better omg lol

drawkcaB

Terrible look, stupid sound effects, "female void champion" aspect completely wasted. Most galling is that the stated reason we never got Omen is that Riot wanted to make sure monster champions didn't look like they could be just any monster, they had to be something special or unique. That's a fair point and I agree, but Omen exudes more character in an old screen shot than Rek'Sai does in motion, in-game. Rek'Sai's model is so damn plain you could have put it in lieu of Gromp, Krugs, or Red Buff in the map remake and no one would have batted an eye.

Just a terrible, terrible visual design. Complete and utter dog shit.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah. Morellos, straight AP stuff, Lich Bane if you're fed / feeling ballsy
alright

i feel like i don't see enough nidalee lately and that's weird

so wanna try her out

Terrible look, stupid sound effects, "female void champion" aspect completely wasted. Most galling is that the stated reason we never got Omen is that Riot wanted to make sure monster champions didn't look like they could be just any monster, they had to be something special or unique. That's a fair point and I agree, but Omen exudes more character in an old screen shot than Rek'Sai does in motion, in-game. Rek'Sai's model is so damn plain you could have put it in lieu of Gromp, Krugs, or Red Buff in the map remake and no one would have batted an eye.

i ilke the idea of the fin, but yea, rest of the design doesn't have a lot of character

she looks like a tutorial level mini-boss lol

DeadNames

Banned

Should've made her a mother-Zz'rot.

I think I've been getting better at ranked. I've had some super close matches where I've had to carry. I've been getting the hang of TP and I gotta say, it's much better than ignite. I miss ignite some times, but I've had some sick plays with TP.

Type2

I tried AP.

I went skirmishers (lol), magus, sightstone, frozen fist, then defensive (locket, banshees).

Maybe I should have just started blue side. What runes did you run?

And yeah ghost, my early nidalee mechanics were rough. By the end of the match I was back to form though. I'll definitely try again. Good thing my team was good natured about it.
I don't actually build much ap out of the jungle. I rely on her bases and sticking power while my laners follow up. If I happen to take kills I'll carry accordingly. You do kind of have to abuse leaching mechanics on the first clear especially which is easier with her passive and traps. I skip raptors if I get a shit leash on any jungler. If you're paranoid like I am you can insta smite golems >red>Wolves and smite for the blue watch. After backing you can easily get blue without smite and gank.

gotta go fast

h426I6T.png

217% movement speed + whatever Whimsy's value + 80 from my ult

their squishies never knew peace

ctrl+4 ctrl+4 ctrl+4

The damage is legit. Voidlings get 20 + (5 x level) + (1 per bonus AD) AD and get (+50% Damage/Armor) after 7 seconds. Then they get (+100% Attack Speed) after 14 seconds.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Continuing on my newbie adventures on Morgana, and really starting to like her. Getting more used to leading my shot when using her root, so it tends to land more frequently now. I'm more used to using her as support, but have been trying more offensive builds for mid a bit, which are alright. I find my mileage varies depending on the type of champ I'm pitted against then.

Mostly want to focus on support still, but am looking at a few offense-oriented characters so I can understand how they work too. Mostly stuff I can take top or mid. Kinda interesting in Ahri and Nidelee at the moment. Maybe Riven or Vi, but I think those two are junglers, no?

Leezard

no yea i mean morello for that reason. obviously morellos is a strong item atm, i just got athenes cos blue buffs were kind of hard to come by

and yea liandrys i just buy as like six item most of the times.

i mean i usually get hated on for misplays or whatever, but it's very rare someone complains about my items cos i generally make teh effort to itemize well

but yea buying morellos to counteract cho passive is like some weird some of messed up logic

Ah, right. Yeah, athenes is an ok choice I think. Morello to counteract cho passive is next level logic.

Continuing on my newbie adventures on Morgana, and really starting to like her. Getting more used to leading my shot when using her root, so it tends to land more frequently now. I'm more used to using her as support, but have been trying more offensive builds for mid a bit, which are alright. I find my mileage varies depending on the type of champ I'm pitted against then.

Mostly want to focus on support still, but am looking at a few offense-oriented characters so I can understand how they work too. Mostly stuff I can take top or mid. Kinda interesting in Ahri and Nidelee at the moment. Maybe Riven or Vi, but I think those two are junglers, no?

Vi is a jungler, but Riven is mostly played as a top laner though she has been seen in the jungle sometimes.

zkylon

zkylewd
btw sofo, new trist comes tomorrow night in patch 5.2

unfortunately no new trist splash until 5.3

current one is not bad but i really like pixar trist

ahri - assassin/mage played in midlane. she plays mostly like a mage, but turns into an assassin when her ult is up. she doesn't have the most poke or cc or mobility, but she has enough of all of those to kill someone and get out. she's super fun and has tons of awesome skins
nidalee - mostly poke mage when built with ap or bruisery splitpusher when built with ad, usually played mid when ap, and top as ad, although she might become a regular jungler soon. she has lots of mobility and poke, and she's pretty fun and turns into a cat
riven - bruisery type mostly played top lane but also mid and jungle. builds straight damage and deals tons of aoe to one shot carries. really high skillcap
vi - jungler bruiser thing. she clicks on ppl and stuns them while other ppl kill em. can build tanky or damage and kill you herself. i love her grunting and she has a cool song

fun supports: nami (poke/sustain with lots of skillshots and buffs and she's a fish so that's cool), thresh (does-it-all playmaking support, mostly for making picks or peeling for backline), annie (can solo the adc and is cute)

other supports are also fun but imo not so much

Ah, right. Yeah, athenes is an ok choice I think. Morello to counteract cho passive is next level logic.

cho was also like you should've bought morellos on post-game

i have never seen so many ppl in a game agree on something so dumb lol

You know, I don't mind it when people go with really weird duo combos in the bot lane in a normal, but you can't help but be slightly salty when they both have a combined 40 deaths.

Jeff-DSA

Bless you, Queen Zyra.

Their entire team was attacking our mid inhibitor tower. I came up from behind and caught all 5 in an E, W, W, Q, R combo and we aced them right there. It was magnificent. Turned around and went and won.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Bless you, Queen Zyra.

Their entire team was attacking our mid inhibitor tower. I came up from behind and caught all 5 in an E, W, W, Q, R combo and we aced them right there. It was magnificent. Turned around and went and won.
you are blessed. have a comic.

PM20Umm.png

Blizzard

Banned
Well, I finally got the new power supply I ordered off Amazon for the cable modem. And unlike the 12V supply that came with the modem (which was maybe 14+ volts), this 12V supply measures a more reasonable 12.55 volts.

Sadly, in my first ARAM I still got at least one T3 disconnect, so I think I've pretty much eliminated everything inside my apartment. I'll have to call in the techs and hope they don't destroy the walls.

Ferga

My match history for the past 3 days:

5 wins

5 losses

5 wins

5 losses

But seriously, there are already a plethora of diamond 5s who don't give a shit about games already.

Sofo

btw sofo, new trist comes tomorrow night in patch 5.2

unfortunately no new trist splash until 5.3

current one is not bad but i really like pixar trist

Oooh, you're right!! ty! Will be able to try it early morning hopefully if the maintenance doesn't go bonkers.

I am actually sort of excited to try to place my E and try to aim with my R towards a low HP target, that'd be a pretty cool play imo! I would prolly need to get more familiar with the traveling range/ticking bombs but it sounds fun!

#hyped!

I am ok with both splash arts (current and PBE). The one that made it to the PBE wasn't finished, which I assume lacked some shading and stuff, as well as some depth to some of her parts. Idk, I kinda hold Trist dear to me because she was the first ADC I dared to try after being 30 and only having leveled being support, so whatever the changes, I'll love her either way!

I am curious though, with VUs, do they also redo the skins splasharts? I have Rocket Girl (which is already the best splashart for her!) and I wonder if they will change it too.

aaah! Idk if I'll sleep tonight!

Blizzard

Banned
But seriously, there are already a plethora of diamond 5s who don't give a shit about games already.
Already already?

Also, is there something that makes an ARAM nexus turret heal really fast? A stealthed 20+ minute Twitch with 200+ AD tried attacking the enemy nexus, but had no minions nearby. It healed 200+ damage in about 2 seconds I think, and was back to full health almost immediatey.

zkylon

zkylewd
sounds like something you'de find on sadpanda.

what is sadpanda

Oooh, you're right!! ty! Will be able to try it early morning hopefully if the maintenance doesn't go bonkers.

I am actually sort of excited to try to place my E and try to aim with my R towards a low HP target, that'd be a pretty cool play imo! I would prolly need to get more familiar with the traveling range/ticking bombs but it sounds fun!

#hyped!

I am ok with both splash arts (current and PBE). The one that made it to the PBE wasn't finished, which I assume lacked some shading and stuff, as well as some depth to some of her parts. Idk, I kinda hold Trist dear to me because she was the first ADC I dared to try after being 30 and only having leveled being support, so whatever the changes, I'll love her either way!

I am curious though, with VUs, do they also redo the skins splasharts? I have Rocket Girl (which is already the best splashart for her!) and I wonder if they will change it too.

aaah! Idk if I'll sleep tonight!
nope, splashes stay the same cos rito is slow as f

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom