• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neol

God bless Nami.

9cd2d6b81d.jpg

Darius also face wrecked lane so it was easy throughout.

garath

I don't actually build much ap out of the jungle. I rely on her bases and sticking power while my laners follow up. If I happen to take kills I'll carry accordingly. You do kind of have to abuse leaching mechanics on the first clear especially which is easier with her passive and traps. I skip raptors if I get a shit leash on any jungler. If you're paranoid like I am you can insta smite golems >red>Wolves and smite for the blue watch. After backing you can easily get blue without smite and gank.

I think other than frozen fist, I probably won't build much AP either. I want some attack speed though and maybe some AD. Might just do AD/attsp runes for some early jungle clears and later split push then build magus and frozen fist then all defensive or something.

I want to use her more. I think she can be fun and effective. I do feel her nerfs though. :(

Jeff-DSA

yeah he just has a gap close, invulnerability for 5 seconds, the ability to instantly delete entire teams and totally inescapable pursuit.

He can't leap over walls while deleting a champion, get a reset for doing so, and leap right back out, probably deleting another champion in the process.

Did the new Tristana remove the AP scaling?

I'm only hammering on this as hard as I am because I had to lane swap with mid last night in my first promo game because they went AP Tristana in mid and our Heimer didn't want any part of that. You know how stupid it is trying to play against that with Fiora? I actually did ok, but our bot lane fed Ezreal 10 kills in lane and then Tristana got monstrous after laning and it was one of the most frustrating games I've had in a long time.

I hate a small handful of champions, but Tristana is the one I've consistently hated the most. Mega damage, insane mobility, self peel, and ridiculous scaling. It's all too much.

What a stupid match.

Get Jinx fed 6/0 in lane. Vi and Yasuo get cocky and try to pick off enemies but fail so the score evened out. We completely won a teamfight at Baron; everyone alive, only Malph survived. 35 seconds respawn timers on enemies, only nexus towers up, our minions are pushed around inhib turret.

EVERYONE CHASES MALPH

then Jinx joins me in my push halfway through (we're talking about a support Morg "pushing")
Yasuo goes home
Vi chases Malph all along the top lane back to the enemy base (Malph lives)
Cho'Gath joins me and Jinx really late
enemy respawns, I spam retreat
nope, Jinx still pushes
everyone died, Yasuo tries to defend 1v5 but fails as expected

I'm still really salty about this match. :(

DeadNames

Banned
Fucking Ezreal players man. Such fucking idiots.

Dude goes blue Ez and complains about no damage. Fucking moron.

Trashiopeia also seems pretty OP atm. Saw her in a game and she was like running at 500 MS all game while healing like an ADC. Yup 54% winrate. I guess that's what happens when you buff a champ for like 5 patches in a row.

Jeff-DSA

Trashiopeia also seems pretty OP atm. Saw her in a game and she was like running at 500 MS all game while healing like an ADC. Yup 54% winrate. I guess that's what happens when you buff a champ for like 5 patches in a row.

She's ridiculous right now. If you're playing a top melee champ and get matched up against her, GG. She will machine gun you to death and keep you under your tower for as long as she wants.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Think I'm just going to focus on support for now after my foray into top for a bit (kinda getting a handle on last hitting at least, so hurray for that). I usually only play with a friend of mine anyway, so going duo bot works well for us. Mostly playing as Janna and Morgana now, but will start working toward Nami or Thresh next.

How does ranked work if we want to play it with friends? If, for example, one of us got bronze in placements, and the other gold, can we queue up together for ranked matches, or would we both be forced to solo queue since we placed into different divisions?

Newt

Think I'm just going to focus on support for now after my foray into top for a bit (kinda getting a handle on last hitting at least, so hurray for that). I usually only play with a friend of mine anyway, so going duo bot works well for us. Mostly playing as Janna and Morgana now, but will start working toward Nami or Thresh next.

How does ranked work if we want to play it with friends? If, for example, one of us got bronze in placements, and the other gold, can we queue up together for ranked matches, or would we both be forced to solo queue since we placed into different divisions?
You can only queue up with 1 division of separation.

Jeff-DSA

Ok, so Zyra build check (support). Here's what I'm currently building (obviously situations can alter this). Zyra-GAF, any improvements?

Start: Spellthief's Edge, 1 health pot, 2 mana pots, yellow trinket.
First Back: Sightstone, Frostfang, switch to sweeper trinket.
From there: Liandry's, Sorc's boots, Rylai's, Void Staff or Zhonya's. Finish FQC and upgrade to Ruby Sightstone.

I love the passives you get from Liandry's and Rylai's and it makes you a monster in team fights.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ok, so Zyra build check (support). Here's what I'm currently building (obviously situations can alter this). Zyra-GAF, any improvements?

Start: Spellthief's Edge, 1 health pot, 2 mana pots, yellow trinket.
First Back: Sightstone, Frostfang, switch to sweeper trinket.
From there: Liandry's, Sorc's boots, Rylai's, Void Staff or Zhonya's. Finish FQC and upgrade to Ruby Sightstone.

I love the passives you get from Liandry's and Rylai's and it makes you a monster in team fights.

i go:
spelltheif 3 healthpots yellow trinket
sightstone red trinket
frost queens claim and boots
haunting guise
sorc shoes
rylai or zhonya

i dont have troubles managing zyras mana, so the blue pots arent #worth imo, i'd much rather have reds so i can heal up from a trade or a bad poke, because if you're 60% and your harass goes wrong you're gonna die.

sightstone first ofcourse and red trinket with it. i like completing my FQC first because you can start farming without losing the passive, the active is good for hitting E's and the stats are nice. it's very easy to build too with all of it's components being cheap.

haunting guise is godlike and sorc shoes are good now that you're in midgame and all those junglers and mid laners will want your squishy ass, so health from guise and speed from your tier 2 boots is good for your healh. liandry's is a bad early item imo since in midgame not many people will have enough health to justify the passive over getting a large rod or parts for your rylai.

oh yeah, never upgrade to ruby sightstone unless you're 6 items with boot enchants, upgraded trinket and a sorc pot running. build blue zyra [sightstone, sorc shoe, FQC, rylai, liandry, zhonyas] obv sell FQC for a deathcap if you get that far. or if liandrys isnt worth it in your game, sell guise for void staff.

V_Arnold

Well, DFG's lack is indeed bad for her too. I guess some sort of Kayle-like build will still be somewhat viable. AP+IAS. Add some on-hit stuff, and man, you got a STEW going! (Jungle trist?)

Well, DFG's lack is indeed bad for her too. I guess some sort of Kayle-like build will still be somewhat viable. AP+IAS. Add some on-hit stuff, and man, you got a STEW going! (Jungle trist?)
The thing is her AS will be low without her steroid, which AP Trist doesn't even rank early on. E being physical also means ADCs will naturally grow resistances against it, greatly cutting it's damage.

So yeah, AP Trist should be as much of a threat as AP MF after tomorrow.

Leezard

You need to attack a couple of times to build up the damage on her E, which gives most people a fair chance to escape or counter kill her.

d[-_-]b

Banned
We did it boys, back in gold v... man the climb was a chore... even from s2, felt alot easier from s5, started my series off 0-2, finished 3-2, LMQ style.

DeadNames

Banned
Well, with you guys talking about Zyra i decided to give her a go.

Holy FUCK is she squishy. I walked into lane and Thresh auto'd me for like half of my HP.

Newt

She's fine if you got for the right setup. Then again, I'm talking to the guy who rushes Hydra on Aatrox every game and then complains about getting kited by a Vayne that's like 20cs behind.

V_Arnold

I have come to realize that my years of playing StarCraft II has actually hurt my mindset when it comes to league of legends.

There are many situations, in almost every game when I end up outplaying myself: Not in the regular ways many people often do, but in a different sense.

Imagine a group doing dragons. Adc, sup and me (Vi, jungle). We are around 70% health. I say to them "this is risky", but adc insists. Okay. By the time the dragon is JUST down, I see three things: a thresh and a sivir approaching from bot, and an Udyr from mid. I have no idea of where the mid Lissandra or Kat is, but I guess: I think they might be moving somewhere too, dunno. Sup and adc go running towards our blue, while I take my chance and Q towards Udyr. Needless to say, it is not just Udyr there, by the time I land, Kat appears to. Lissandra is nowehere in sight. And thresh hooks me in.

If this were StarCraft II, I would have brought Liss down too, I would have killed Udyr quickly or at least retreated to mid. Instead, not only am I dead now, Caitlyn, for some reason, decides to approach too. And, what the hell, by the time Cait is dead too, the support joins this "one by one" tactic, and we all die.

I just assume a battlefield flow. I should not. I should just group up with everyone, all the time, I guess. There is no pincer in this game (Go like Pincer, as in the strategy table game), because you cant assume your teammates understand the potential gain - or if I understand the map completely. After all, go is a game of full information, and LoL is not. Especially without wards.

I do not know how much time it will take to just assume the worst of teammates (not "worse than me" but just not coordinated with each other, including me) and act accordingly...

DeadNames

Banned
She's fine if you got for the right setup. Then again, I'm talking to the guy who rushes Hydra on Aatrox every game and then complains about getting kited by a Vayne that's like 20cs behind.

It's a scientifically proven fact hydra is better.

And besides, most Vaynes operate at at least 30 outplays per seconds, which means the poor melee gets kited regardless.

I may be shit at Zyra, but damn her AA is smooth.

Newt

I have come to realize that my years of playing StarCraft II has actually hurt my mindset when it comes to league of legends.

There are many situations, in almost every game when I end up outplaying myself: Not in the regular ways many people often do, but in a different sense.

Imagine a group doing dragons. Adc, sup and me (Vi, jungle). We are around 70% health. I say to them "this is risky", but adc insists. Okay. By the time the dragon is JUST down, I see three things: a thresh and a sivir approaching from bot, and an Udyr from mid. I have no idea of where the mid Lissandra or Kat is, but I guess: I think they might be moving somewhere too, dunno. Sup and adc go running towards our blue, while I take my chance and Q towards Udyr. Needless to say, it is not just Udyr there, by the time I land, Kat appears to. Lissandra is nowehere in sight. And thresh hooks me in.

If this were StarCraft II, I would have brought Liss down too, I would have killed Udyr quickly or at least retreated to mid. Instead, not only am I dead now, Caitlyn, for some reason, decides to approach too. And, what the hell, by the time Cait is dead too, the support joins this "one by one" tactic, and we all die.

I just assume a battlefield flow. I should not. I should just group up with everyone, all the time, I guess. There is no pincer in this game (Go like Pincer, as in the strategy table game), because you cant assume your teammates understand the potential gain - or if I understand the map completely. After all, go is a game of full information, and LoL is not. Especially without wards.

I do not know how much time it will take to just assume the worst of teammates (not "worse than me" but just not coordinated with each other, including me) and act accordingly...
In your perspective you're making a great play, and you're team-mates didn't have the capacity to follow up. To everyone else, you just wandered towards their team to die, without exerting any pressure. Unfortunately the reality is the latter.

In this game you can make solo plays, but you have to do them correctly. Look at the potential gain of the situation and the potential loss. If you're Vi, and your ADC is super fed you're better off peeling for them and keeping them alive. If your ADC is weak you're better off diving solo into the backline. If dragon is up, you should let them start it if you're in a viable condition to contest.

V_Arnold

Yeah, the reality was that I just fed the enemy team and potentially made stuff worse. I understand that, but in the heat of the battle, I lack the ability to second-guess myself. That is what I have to work on.

It's a scientifically proven fact hydra is better.

And besides, most Vaynes operate at at least 30 outplays per seconds, which means the poor melee gets kited regardless.

no most vaynes tumble forward and die.

source: support main.

drawkcaB

You need to attack a couple of times to build up the damage on her E, which gives most people a fair chance to escape or counter kill her.

Yeah, that's my thinking too. People seem to ignore that a significant part of AP Trist in the lane is the guaranteed hit & run poke from E. Even if E still dealt magic damage having to land AAs to max E damage would screw her over anyways.

Smoothest AA of all the supports I've tried is Karma. Goddam thing is butter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom