• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff-DSA

Kat is still broken and the PBE changes aren't going to happen

get ready for at least another patch of Kat being fucking dumb.

Hey, I need her until I can get back out of silver. Last night I had first pick and they didn't ban her. GG.

(She's still only viable if people don't have enough sense to cancel her ult. If they do, she's pretty limp.)

Jeff-DSA

I still say that someone like Malzahar is more dumb. If he gets the silence off on you, he can flash/ult and you're dead. Or he can flash ult and you're dead. Or, you know, he doesn't even need to flash because the range on that ult is too high for how powerful it is.

Thankfully a lot of Malzahar players are downright bad.

Leezard

I still say that someone like Malzahar is more dumb. If he gets the silence off on you, he can flash/ult and you're dead. Or he can flash ult and you're dead. Or, you know, he doesn't even need to flash because the range on that ult is too high for how powerful it is.

Malzahar is truly dumb in a 1v1 situation. Luckily he's not very hot in a teamfight.

Edwardo

EU LCS - Week 3 - Day 2

t1423242000z1.png

Fnatic vs Giants Gaming
Gambit Gaming vs H2K
Meet Your Makers vs Roccat
Unicorns of Love vs Copenhagen Wolves
Elements vs SK Gaming

Please use the LCS Thread for further discussion. Let's keep this thread spoiler free.

Riot being content with handing out auto-losses for people dodging promo games is so vile.

Riot must think that playing on a team where two people insta-lock junglers, argue about it, then reveal that they haven't jungled in a year is fun.

Newt

Who is the worst champion in teamfights in the game?

Shaco?

Udyr?
Easily Rengar.

Shaco and Udyr are quite good in teamfights if fed. No matter how fed a Rengar is, his suicide potential is ultra high.

Riot being content with handing out auto-losses for people dodging promo games is so vile.

Riot must think that playing on a team where two people insta-lock junglers, argue about it, then reveal that they haven't jungled in a year is fun.
I mean if you're not willing to take just 1 promo loss to dodge an almost guaranteed lost game, you're being stupid. Sorry.

I mean if you're not willing to take just 1 promo loss to dodge an almost guaranteed lost game, you're being stupid. Sorry.

"just 1" is pretty significant in a best of 3 series tho. I'm fine with the -3 or -5 LP losses for dodging while climbing since that is better than -15+, but insta-losses in promos is pretty dumb.

Newt

"just 1" is pretty significant in a best of 3 series tho. I'm fine with the -3 or -5 LP losses for dodging while climbing since that is better than -15+, but insta-losses in promos is pretty dumb.
Yeah, I agree with you. Still better to take the dodge loss than the game loss was just my point.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's also that late game it gets so hard to try to get stacks ._. nothing more frustrating than having 4 orbs around you and see your midlaner or adc just take an entire wave in front of you, lol.
as thresh i often just swap to shurelyas after laning

I backed Zeronis on Patreon

can't wait for that NSFW art
true hero

At least there is no DFG Kata anymore. That was the most dumb Kata could be.
yeah, tho her laning is still dumb as hell

imo she needs some difficulty added to her kit. "knowing when to get in" is not something that's unique to katarina, but all assassins and to some degree all champions

yup, malzahar is stupid

Edwardo

Easily Rengar.

Shaco and Udyr are quite good in teamfights if fed. No matter how fed a Rengar is, his suicide potential is ultra high.

Yea too true. I love playing Rengar, but if your team gets behind or if the enemy just groups as 5, then it gets a whole lot harder to be useful.

Jeff-DSA

Late game Zed is worthless in team fights. By then the carries have their anti-Zed ult item and he just gets wrecked. Probably not up for worst, but pretty bad considering how often he's picked/banned. Same for LeBlanc.

Blizzard

Banned
There are still so many abilities that stop Katarina's ult, especially given its higher cooldown now, that I figure most average players should be able to counter it. Anything that can stop Nunu's ult also stops hers as far as I know.

Exhaust lowers the damage too.

Murumana.

Muramana then build Trinity Force.

Tear to Muramana really helps out Ez's mana pool and regen as he is a AD spellcaster in a sense.

Is this really the best option? I honestly can't tell if this is a joke of some sort, since I thought people mocked tear-first Ezreal's.

drawkcaB

i really enjoy playing sion.

you feel so safe when you're a hyper-tank.

Have you laned against a Darius yet? I've had to twice in my last three Sion top matches and he puts me on the back foot almost immediately. I looked into some high elo Sion top matches and I need adjust how I use W, but even then bully lanes give me headaches.

Tizoc

Is this really the best option? I honestly can't tell if this is a joke of some sort, since I thought people mocked tear-first Ezreal's.

I'm wondering this too, I can get Muramana being good on Jayce but I thought Tear Ez was looked down upon.

Neol

I think people mocked tear first Ezreal since it usually leads into blue Ezreal. If anything you can just get tear on first back then go straight into Triforce and build Muramana later.

I'm wondering this too, I can get Muramana being good on Jayce but I thought Tear Ez was looked down upon.

I feel like tear is just a good item on Ez as your gonna be spamming your Q which leads to easy stacking.

If you want more damage you rush Trinity, Sheen first.
If you want more utility you rush Manamune, Tear into Pickaxe

Only really recommend the Muramana build if you have heavy damage dealers in solo lanes because beyond your poke your damage is pretty eh.

Blizzard

Banned

Only really recommend the Muramana build if you have heavy damage dealers in solo lanes.
What utility do you provide if you buy manamune? Just being able to poke more and do more damage to help your team?

Blizzard

Banned
If you go Muramana you usually go Freezy Mittens afterwards
Isn't that blue Ezreal which is mocked, though?

I can understand the utility of a little bit of AOE slow, but if that utility is your goal, why go Muramana at all? Freezy Mittens provides mana.

I guess in theory Freezy Mittens provides mana which makes Muramana work even better, but I'm still not 100% convinced.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1721265385/85040?tab=overview

Akali goes "I lost my last 3 games hope this one goes differently". Proceeds to feed Trynd top.

Bot lane ends up being Trist-Leona versus Brand-Vayne. Trist kept getting pillar'ed by Brand so she was always low and unable to go in, so it was a pretty passive lane. Their Rek'sai keeps tower diving only to get CC'ed. She's mostly irrelevant.

Mid-game, Akali keeps dying to Trynd. Trist starts racking up kills but in hindsight she played too passively. Brand AFK's so it's 5v4 but they pushed harder so we were always on the defensive.

Game ends with Trynd backdooring our Nexus. In post-game Trynd and Veigar start flaming each other and ask me (the only one left in the room) who's right. I just tell them to report each other.

Tizoc

Only really recommend the Muramana build if you have heavy damage dealers in solo lanes because beyond your poke your damage is pretty eh.

Thanks for this, I'll go with starting with Trinity then.

Isn't that blue Ezreal which is mocked, though?

I can understand the utility of a little bit of AOE slow, but if that utility is your goal, why go Muramana at all? Freezy Mittens provides mana.

I guess in theory Freezy Mittens provides mana which makes Muramana work even better, but I'm still not 100% convinced.
The point of blue build is maximizing your poke damage. Ez's Q applies Muramana, sou can shower them with it and hurt a ton without ever engaging.

garath

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1721265385/85040?tab=overview

Akali goes "I lost my last 3 games hope this one goes differently". Proceeds to feed Trynd top.

Bot lane ends up being Trist-Leona versus Brand-Vayne. Trist kept getting pillar'ed by Brand so she was always low and unable to go in, so it was a pretty passive lane. Their Rek'sai keeps tower diving only to get CC'ed. She's mostly irrelevant.

Mid-game, Akali keeps dying to Trynd. Trist starts racking up kills but in hindsight she played too passively. Brand AFK's so it's 5v4 but they pushed harder so we were always on the defensive.

Game ends with Trynd backdooring our Nexus. In post-game Trynd and Veigar start flaming each other and ask me (the only one left in the room) who's right. I just tell them to report each other.

Lol. Awesome.

Edwardo

Just had a blue Ez, it worked bc we had a team full of damage and could use some slows in fights other than me on Nami. He probably didn't even have to build that way tho.

I usually do Trinity Force then BotRK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom