• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Leona is a pretty fun champion.

eHm9fmU.jpg

https://twitter.com/WizardCrab/status/568489142134435840

1650 for Ezreal, 1800 something for Udyr, 2450 for Sona.

Called it, 25% off.

DeadNames

Banned
Why does she have pieces of buttered bread for her W? wtf.

Anyways, Riot should have given the ultimate skin to someone who doesn't suck. Like Swain. #DragonMasterSwain2k16

DeadNames

Banned
What if there was a CC that directly countered mobility? Silences stop mages too hard and roots just keep you from moving.

What if there was a CC that wouldn't let you use a mobility spell, but you could walk around/cast just fine?

zkylon

zkylewd
What if there was a CC that directly countered mobility? Silences stop mages too hard and roots just keep you from moving.

What if there was a CC that wouldn't let you use a mobility spell, but you could walk around/cast just fine?

why would you make a status effect that only removes a subset of spells?

makes no sense

edit: i really don't get what people have against mobility. mobility is like one of the most fun things about this game

Nekofrog

Banned

makes no sense

edit: i really don't get what people have against mobility. mobility is like one of the most fun things about this game

because over 50% of the champions came out at a time when mobility was a a rare gift, and thus are gimped hard now that it is a requirement on most new champions

DeadNames

Banned

makes no sense

Because Kalista being immune to melees and skillshots isn't fun for the victim.

I get mobility is fun, but a lot of champions are being phased out simply because of mobility creep.

because over 50% of the champions came out at a time when mobility was a a rare gift, and thus are gimped hard now that it is a requirement on most new champions

Couldn't have said it better.

zkylon

zkylewd
imo old champions should get some mobility then, like new sion with his ult. not saying everyone should be yasuo or leblanc, the xeraths and the syndras have their place in the world, but i don't think the answer is rolling back to the days in which low-mobility was the standard

i'm guessing the reason they starting adding tons of dashes and ms buffs and whatnot in the first place is because they're fun and exciting, so why remove the fun and the exciting.

Nekofrog

Banned
nobody called for mobility to be removed (i think)

we're just saying the current state of things sucks ass. you asked why people hate it

zkylon

zkylewd
he's literally asking for an ability that silences dashes and such

also the 50% thing is really exaggerated, as well as "the current state of things sucking ass". annie is strong, xerath is strong, morgana is strong, other champions like graves or sion or mundo that have limited mobility are also more than viable. even veigar and lux saw success in competitive play recently.

and sivir, ezreal, jarvan, pantheon, maokai, nidalee, kassadin, etc. aren't new champions

edit: mobility is overpowered, i'm not saying it isn't, like rito said, champions with high mobility should pay a higher price for it. that's fine. but i think you're missing the point on why some of those older champions like brand or malphite or anivia or taric are not in such a great spot right now (not saying these champions are bad or whatever, just random examples). in general the game is a much more active game than it was a couple years ago, a lot more reliant on skirmishes and 2v2s and picks, which is not necessarily the strength of older champions. mobility is a a part of this, but also how the meta has evolved with the rise of the ad assassin-bruiser junglers, pick oriented supports, the tp meta, etc.

DeadNames

Banned
and sivir, ezreal, jarvan, pantheon, maokai, nidalee, kassadin, etc. aren't new champions

Most of those champs don't even come close to the mobility Gnar/Rek/Kalista have.

Like, all Sivir has is a speedboost. That can be easily shut down by slows/hard cc.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Jesus, I shouldn't doubt my gut.

Always, always, always dodge Ezreal and Vayne ADCs in gold/plat.

zkylon

zkylewd
For a short duration.

I'm not saying mobility as a whole needs to go. Some champions are just too mobile and you can't do anything about it.
some might be too mobile, but i don't think having a shit ton of mobility is bad on itself. you only need one cc to land to kill kalista or yasuo. if you can find reliable cc in your team like vi or lissandra or annie or maokai, it's the best, but even someone like leona or sejuani could kill her if they can predict/aim decent

the problem with someone like kalista is that she's super mobile on top of good laning, good scaling, good aoe with hurricane thing and good added utility with the ghosts or crazy the baron control or the thresh lantern thing. her range is even 550. she's only bad at waveclear, but adc's don't need to be great at waveclear. it's not 100% necessary at least.

i get the impression that the biggest culprit is the crazy hurricane interaction with her passive and her e, but if i had to i'd nerf her damage or her base stats (maybe 525 range? or less base ms/health?

Hamm how is Kalista inmune to melee?
well she has like a 100~ leap on every auto which means if you don't catch her right away you're never catching her

DeadNames

Banned
some might be too mobile, but i don't think having a shit ton of mobility is bad on itself.

Oh of course not. There's nothing inherently wrong with mobility. But when it comes with sustain/CC/tankiness/huge damage, there's a problem. You just have these monstrosities that are good at absolutely everything (Hello, Gnar!).

I think if there were to do anything about Kalista it'd be there % max HP nuke and the E damage.

zkylon

zkylewd
Oh of course not. There's nothing inherently wrong with mobility. But when it comes with sustain/CC/tankiness/huge damage, there's a problem. You just have these monstrosities that are good at absolutely everything (Hello, Gnar!).

I think if there were to do anything about Kalista it'd be there % max HP nuke and the E damage.
yeah, i agree with this (ed: and it applies to everything, really. tankiness+damage like ryze is bad too, for instance)

i don't think your mobility silence is a good idea because silences of any kind are always more annoying for the victim than fun for the attacker (unlike stuns/snares/knockups that feel great for the attacker) and would just feel awkward and obtuse (like do ms buffs count? what if i already have a buff active? can i cast my third ahri ult stack?)

i think in general mobility champions should deal less damage

DeadNames

Banned
Pantheon's kit and theme are probably the most spread out in all of League.

He's supposed to be a manly Spartan, but what does he do? Spam his stupid point and click nukes like a little bitch.

Pancakes

Ghost's greatest ranked game ever.

Ghost's team starts off at like 2-17 and end up...winning? Starts off slow but slowly this game brings Ghost to literal tears at how amazing everyone was playing. Truly the League of Legends game of the year. Skip to about 1/2 way if you're impatient.

Pancakes

i love you pankaks but i don't think many people watch those videos you upload :p

It's okay. They're meant to be a reference for me so I can watch over older games without filling my hard disk up. Sometimes funny stuff happens *shrug.

Pancakes

videos too long for my taste :p

>_> funniest part was Ghost's reaction and Newt's comment. Only a minute long :p.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvA2Be9INXY#t=440

Best part was just listening to Ghost go full depressed at the beginning into hyena from laughter. But I only started recorded once they started coming back.

WOW Zyra does damage. I totally underestimated her.

Pretty much every support Zyra game I play lately lol. People forgot how broken she was upon release.

drawkcaB

Errrr I should've worded that differently.

First armor* item if vs an AA based champ.

Yeah, I assumed.

Thornmail needs one of more health, even more armor, or gobs of MPen to really make a difference. There's probably some exceptions to the rule, like champs with spammy shields which effectively behave like more [temporary] health, but, meh.

The TL;DR of the math is that if you're even you're better off going with your champions more orthodox core items and if you're behind it isn't going to save you as a rush item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom