• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leezard

Aside from boots, is there any ADC who doesn't get LW as third item?
It is a judgment call in some cases; are you ahead and the enemy has not bought armor/has no tank? Can you get Lw as your fourth item since you won't have to get a defensive item? In those cases some adcs might go for BT.

garath

Aside from boots, is there any ADC who doesn't get LW as third item?

When I hit TAB and I don't see a single armor item on the enemy team (happens more than you'd think), I go BT. Else yeah.. LW then BT.

I guess if there's some situations where I'm doing good damage but need the lifesteal to kite better I might go BT as well.

When I hit TAB and I don't see a single armor item on the enemy team (happens more than you'd think), I go BT. Else yeah.. LW then BT.

I guess if there's some situations where I'm doing good damage but need the lifesteal to kite better I might go BT as well.

My problem with this is that if the enemy does start building armor. Your BT components are worth roughly either a Thornmail, or components of Randuin or FH. The only BT component that builds toward LW is Long Sword. It's potentially a lot of delay. I've had this situation screw me several times, especially when the enemy manages to catch up in the process. Suddenly, I'm not doing any damage to their frontliners.

This is one beef of mine with the current tank items. Penetration became too important when Riot started adding truckloads of health into the top armor/MR items. Back in S2, Randuin and Visage didn't have as much health. There was Aegis but it was more of a mid-tier item.

garath

My problem with this is that if the enemy does start building armor. Your BT components are worth roughly either a Thornmail, or components of Randuin or FH. The only BT component that builds toward LW is Long Sword. It's potentially a lot of delay. I've had this situation screw me several times, especially when the enemy manages to catch up in the process. Suddenly, I'm not doing any damage to their frontliners.

This is one beef of mine with the current tank items. Penetration became too important when Riot started adding truckloads of health into the top armor/MR items. Back in S2, Randuin and Visage didn't have as much health. There was Aegis but it was more of a mid-tier item.

Good point. LW protects you against them building tank before you get an opportunity to build a LW in response.

If they only have one tank and/or you're having trouble surviving, I'd still lean BT. The lifesteal can make a difference. If they don't even have armor started, it's going to take them just as long to build it as your LW. You can always get a BF sword and just sit on that for awhile too. It's not a bad item to hold onto while you build LW.

Edwardo

EU LCS - Week 5 - Day 2

t1424451600z1.png

Fnatic vs Gambit Gaming
Roccat vs Elements
Copenhagen Wolves vs Meet Your Makers
Giants Gaming vs Unicorns of Love
SK Gaming vs H2K

Please use the LCS Thread for further discussion. Let's keep this thread spoiler free.

Man, Viktor is really fun once he gets going. It just feels like it takes a good while to get him going. Hex Core upgrades are nice, but if I need power now I'm only upgrading once just for E.

Kalista though... oh god I can't hit her with my E.

garath

I had to support ashe last night. Silly last pick not communicating and just locking in an ADC.

Despite not knowing what to build, it went surprisingly well lol. Got first blood and some key ults. Did some decent damage with an IE and LW too.

Newt

Never have I been so scared of a Liss in my life. That Amumu was making plays though, even with his mostly tank build. Also, the rumble was toxic as hell for me going with a defensive build. I've heard "ADC does no damage phrase" so many times this week. Such a stupid thing to say.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Anyone else getting really bad FPS drops? I'm dropping below 60 in teamfights. It's kind of absurd.

Ya I was getting some fps drops last night. It sucks.

You guys use Chrome? Totally anecdotal but my framerate had been total shit on my laptop the last few patches - killing all of Chrome's processes helped a lot.

What's the standard ADC buildpath?

It's a lot more situational than it used to be, I feel. I go IE first on most carries (aside from the obvious like Kalista), but from there it's mostly up to you.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Never have I been so scared of a Liss in my life. That Amumu was making plays though, even with his mostly tank build. Also, the rumble was toxic as hell for me going with a defensive build. I've heard "ADC does no damage phrase" so many times this week. Such a stupid thing to say.

ADC doing no damage against Leona, Olaf, Lissandra, and Irelia? WHAT A SURPRISE!

Bacon

Wasn't that big re balancing of ADC items supposed to make ADC build paths more variable because everyone would just go BT first? Now it's basically mandatory to go IE first.

Newt

Wasn't that big re balancing of ADC items supposed to make ADC build paths more variable because everyone would just go BT first? Now it's basically mandatory to go IE first.
That was one of the worst patches in history. There was many viable meta ADCs before the patch. After the patch, it was pretty much only Lucian and Tristana. You could build Lucian in 7 different ways that worked tho.

It's not too bad now I would say though. BT is actually a good item nowadays.
What if I put Shiv in place of PD? I like it more. I feel stronger with it.
Shiv will lower DPS. If you're behind though, it's worth getting.

Negaduck

With the tank buffs I hope they leave voli alone. If they buff him at all I think he'll be too strong and start getting banned ;__;

He's soooooo good and not many people use him.

Newt

With the tank buffs I hope they leave voli alone. If they buff him at all I think he'll be too strong and start getting banned ;__;

Voli is one of the few champs that when I see, I instalock Vayne.

Jeff-DSA

I wrecked one last night as a roaming Katarina. Thank goodness for grievous wounds, huh? But yes, he's a nice sleeper right now.

Edwardo

Lulu has become my go-to champ for a win so far this season. 7-0 right now. It's rly funny because I had been so anti-lulu for the longest time.

You guys use Chrome? Totally anecdotal but my framerate had been total shit on my laptop the last few patches - killing all of Chrome's processes helped a lot.

Ya I use chrome. Sometimes I close it when im playing. It doesnt happen all the time but theres definitely problems when I leave twitter open or some other sites.

Negaduck

I eat vayne for breakfast.

Tough matchup but not unwinnable. Not sure which champs I dislike fighting as voli. Nothing really comes to mind ATM.

Vayne you just have to bite the bitch and she dies.

Negaduck

Darius is kinda tricky. Panth is actually easy mode. If I lane voli I go AP tank so being blind doesn't matter as much because scream does most of the damage and can be spammed and does good damage. His ult scales decently and you do crazy damage there and if you build correctly you still have the HP and bite like a beast.

Rod of ages. Rylai and wizard hat.

Then you can build rolex if you want a little tank and more AP or just build void staff or abyssal.

Its actually really good.

Darius is tough if you aren't paying attention to your HP but there aren't too many tough matchups for

Man, it seems like I've been getting a lot of Vayne's on my teams lately, and the other team always counters with Jynx and my Vayne always goes in all aggressive early on.

It was kind of funny at the end of my last game to see that my Vayne had gone 16-6. I'm pretty sure I saved her from the brink of death about a dozen times with awesome shields and Janna ults. I'll take solace in my 14 assists and the victory.

Bacon

Darius is kinda tricky. Panth is actually easy mode. If I lane voli I go AP tank so being blind doesn't matter as much because scream does most of the damage and can be spammed and does good damage. His ult scales decently and you do crazy damage there and if you build correctly you still have the HP and bite like a beast.

Rod of ages. Rylai and wizard hat.

Then you can build rolex if you want a little tank and more AP or just build void staff or abyssal.

Its actually really good.

Darius is tough if you aren't paying attention to your HP but there aren't too many tough matchups for

Someone on my team gave Voli to the other team in Nemesis. He is so ridiculously underrated. Of course he ended up carrying the shit out of their team

Jeff-DSA

Ended last season in Gold V, starting this season in Gold V. 8-2 in placements, 5-0 with morg f r e e l o

I would have given my left nut not to drop from gold 4 to silver 5 after placements. I went 6-4, which bugs me, because I had two matches with elo boosters and one with an AFK teammate. Now I get to experience the silver struggle.

I would have given my left nut not to drop from gold 4 to silver 5 after placements. I went 6-4, which bugs me, because I had two matches with elo boosters and one with an AFK teammate. Now I get to experience the silver struggle.
How the fuck did you fall that hard? I went 6-4 too starting at Gold 5 and I still only went as low as Silver,1

Some people in one of my lobbies were saying that your first five games matter a lot more than your last five, maybe there's some truth to that. Seemed like most of the people I was playing were low gold last season as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom