• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon

k4emm9u.png

Most absurd game I've ever been a part of. We had no right winning this one, and then the Ezreal on blue side argues that it "wasn't really a throw" after the game, lol.

DeadNames

Banned
Wait what.

Sigh. Just raged hard at my teammates. I feel bad but Jesus christ between the fucking lag that lost us the game, our fucking moronic bot lanes and me dying a few times I couldn't help it.

zkylon

zkylewd
apparently rito is trying out a system that adds a random chance to multiply the ip you just won when you play on a premade party. the more people the higher the multiplier, up to 16x, but it's still random chance so you might not win anything. but if you get like a 16x win on a ranked 5s first win of the day that's like 4.5k ip on a single game. super rare tho, i imagine most cases you'll just win a little bit

not much else is interesting in this pbe patch

apparently rito is trying out a system that adds a random chance to multiply the ip you just won when you play on a premade party. the more people the higher the multiplier, up to 16x, but it's still random chance so you might not win anything. but if you get like a 16x win on a ranked 5s first win of the day that's like 4.5k ip on a single game. super rare tho, i imagine most cases you'll just win a little bit

not much else is interesting in this pbe patch

Blizzard mechanic of bringing your friends equals more exp for the group huh?

Blizzard

Banned
"idk how to play ez"
"im also really baked"

Or something like that, from champion select. They picked Ezreal.

Malz needs to get out of my face. I've been seeing him all the time lately.
I thought he might be good for getting back out of bronze/silver, but I've been losing the vast majority of the games I've played with him. I don't have ANY champion with more than 2-4 games played that has a >50% win rate right now for ranked. Everyone is like 25-35% for me I think.

If anyone would like to spectate a Malzahar game and teach me to carry I would appreciate it.

zkylon

zkylewd
i imagine malzahar being a really good champion to play in ranked since no one really knows how to play against him and adcs are too greedy to buy qss

Tizoc

What the shit, I just saw , on Twitch, a Vi that did her ult on Zed. Zed activates his ult to escape, but when he re-appeared, Vi's ult connected o_O

I should start jungling as Vi, even if my Qs fail to connect.

Blizzard

Banned
i imagine malzahar being a really good champion to play in ranked since no one really knows how to play against him and adcs are too greedy to buy qss
I have not yet seen this happen, but in theory it sounds nice. In practice I ended up with (for example) enemy Braum with sightstone, versus Fiddlesticks without sightstone. Only one person on my team the entire game bought an upgraded trinket that I saw, despite me begging them in chat.

I feel like in the last 12+ games I have played, not once has bot lane won on my team regardless of what role I've played (even if I'm bot...though I might have won bot once duoing with Panda when we BOTH went there). I need to start keeping serious stats, because most games I'm not sure anyone even has a positive KDA -- not that it matters for much, but it's a little crazy when NO ONE does almost every single game.

Disclaimer, this is probably just me being biased, and if someone checked my gane history they could prove me wrong.

He can also destroy tanks with his W, he's good against uncoordinated players that clump up and don't move.

What the shit, I just saw , on Twitch, a Vi that did her ult on Zed. Zed activates his ult to escape, but when he re-appeared, Vi's ult connected o_O

I should start jungling as Vi, even if my Qs fail to connect.

I saw a similar issue where I was Leona and I hit a LeBlanc right as she split and blinked away and then came back to where I stunned her.

zkylon

zkylewd
I have not yet seen this happen, but in theory it sounds nice. In practice I ended up with (for example) enemy Braum with sightstone, versus Fiddlesticks without sightstone. Only one person on my team the entire game bought an upgraded trinket that I saw, despite me begging them in chat.

I feel like in the last 12+ games I have played, not once has bot lane won on my team regardless of what role I've played (even if I'm bot...though I might have won bot once duoing with Panda when we BOTH went there). I need to start keeping serious stats, because most games I'm not sure anyone even has a positive KDA -- not that it matters for much, but it's a little crazy when NO ONE does almost every single game.

Disclaimer, this is probably just me being biased, and if someone checked my gane history they could prove me wrong.
yeah, you're probably just on a bad streak or something

what champions are you playing? maybe you're not on the right champion for you at the moment

Jeff-DSA

"We would have wrecked you late game."

- Salty Ezreal

1GPZSsT.png

Uh, maybe? But you never got there, did you?

Edit: Far too often I'm still the only one upgrading the trinket in my games. :(

Newt

I'm just gonna play Vayne every game and me like, "yeah, I would have wrecked you guys lategame." I'm sure my team would love me.

Blizzard

Banned
yeah, you're probably just on a bad streak or something

what champions are you playing? maybe you're not on the right champion for you at the moment
I have reached the bronze level where my last game had support Skarner vs. support Shaco.

We might have won too! But, my ISP decided to randomly die for 40 minutes, after being fine for weeks, so I got a leave from that game and the warning from Riot about it. ;____;

I've been on this streak since placing into silver V and failing a promotion out of it. With win percentages on each, I've tried Tryndamere (40%), Sivir (40%), Teemo (27%), Zyra (33%), singed (50%), Ahri (33%), and Rammus (33%). Everyone else appears to be less than 3 games played.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's an item sampler. This is how we do it down here.
yeah, based on that picture i think ppl are way past worrying about trinkets, and i think you should probably forget about what other people build as well, as it seems they're inevitably gonna be a danger to themselves

also i think you probably could've just gone straight for deathcap against that enemy team, since there are not many reasons to build zhonyas considering how much magic damage they had. at least get nlr instead of seekers and decide what you're gonna upgrade it to later, since seekers takes a while to be cost effective and unless you were constantly getting poked by ezreal, the armor was gonna be completely wasted against a mostly magic damage team with a volibear that's never gonna get near you because he's an dumbo that never bought boots

I have reached the bronze level where my last game had support Skarner vs. support Shaco.

We might have won too! But, my ISP decided to randomly die for 40 minutes, after being fine for weeks, so I got a leave from that game and the warning from Riot about it. ;____;

I've been on this streak since placing into silver V and failing a promotion out of it. With win percentages on each, I've tried Tryndamere (40%), Sivir (40%), Teemo (27%), Zyra (33%), singed (50%), Ahri (33%), and Rammus (33%). Everyone else appears to be less than 3 games played.
yeah, that's pretty bad.

this is just my opinion, but a lot of those champions are not necessarily the easiest to be consistent with, like teemo or singed or tryndamere. if you're worried about not doing all that great, just try playing someone more reliable for a while. maybe maokai or something. instead of ahri play ziggs. instead of sivir play graves or corki. instead of zyra play janna. etc.

might not be the most fun champions but it could help you get you back on track. try also to play the same champions more often, and just build yourself that tiny champion pool that you can always count on.

Jeff-DSA

yeah, based on that picture i think ppl are way past worrying about trinkets, and i think you should probably forget about what other people build as well, as it seems they're inevitably gonna be a danger to themselves

also i think you probably could've just gone straight for deathcap against that enemy team, since there are not many reasons to build zhonyas considering how much magic damage they had. at least get nlr instead of seekers and decide what you're gonna upgrade it to later, since seekers takes a while to be cost effective and unless you were constantly getting poked by ezreal, the armor was gonna be completely wasted against a mostly magic damage team with a volibear that's never gonna get near you because he's an dumbo that never bought boots

I wasn't going to build Zhonya's except for when I got back I had the exact amount for a Seeker's and I didn't want to leave without buying to wait for Blasting Wand or something. The game was pretty much over at that point anyway.

Blizzard

Banned
I don't know how to play Graves or Corki. I feel like they're my worst ADCs when I try them, aside from the old days of AP mid Corki.

Fortunately apparently all I had to do was complain, since immediately after my sad post I got people with positive KDAs, and a fed Master Yi + Tristana on my team. Even the fed Tristana lost her tower before getting the enemy tower, but I'll still take the win.

I think my biggest problem with Malzahar is getting high CS consistently. His autoattack animation is SO slow that I constantly don't get gold from an E tick + autoattack being slightly off.

Tizoc

I think with Graves you wanna go for AA>Trishot>AA, this seems to do eff' tons damage.
You may want to use ur dash to get in, surprising the adc, and doing the above combo.
That's just my theory tho =X

zkylon

zkylewd
I wasn't going to build Zhonya's except for when I got back I had the exact amount for a Seeker's and I didn't want to leave without buying to wait for Blasting Wand or something. The game was pretty much over at that point anyway.
i dunno, if you don't have enough to even buy a blasting wand i would just either not buy anything or just buy elixir

tho i dunno how effective elixir is on kat now that it gives mp5 instead of cdr

I don't know how to play Graves or Corki. I feel like they're my worst ADCs when I try them, aside from the old days of AP mid Corki.

Fortunately apparently all I had to do was complain, since immediately after my sad post I got people with positive KDAs, and a fed Master Yi + Tristana on my team. Even the fed Tristana lost her tower before getting the enemy tower, but I'll still take the win.

I think my biggest problem with Malzahar is getting high CS consistently. His autoattack animation is SO slow that I constantly don't get gold from an E tick + autoattack being slightly off.
well, just a suggestion, i usually just pick corki when i adc since he's easy to play (at least coming from skillshot land) and not as boring as graves imo

Tizoc

Anyone got any tips to properly use Rumble's ult? I get it has big range but I can't seem to land it in a way that it'd do the most damage or function as a trap :p

subtles

Mejias Ez is annoying.

Well here's a list of champs I'm thinking of getting which would you recommend?
Nautilis
Jayce
Yorick
Rumble
Nocturne
Graves
Urgot
Fizz

Jayce and Rumble two of my five favorite champions, and are really strong at the moment.

Anyone got any tips to properly use Rumble's ult? I get it has big range but I can't seem to land it in a way that it'd do the most damage or function as a trap :p

You should watch a lot of Rumble play to see how players use it, Marin and Huni are two I personally recommend. It should be used differently depending on whether you're in a team fight comp or a pick comp, and whether you're fighting in narrow terrain or not.

Through personal experience and watching other players, you'll learn the situations that you want to use it to optimize damage and the ones where you choose to zone key members for a few, game changing, seconds.

Experiment!

Tizoc

Thanks, I get that HOLDING R will let me choose how I want my ult to come out, but how would I uh 'cancel' that :p

Think in advance about who you're going to use it on. If you're against, say, Lux and Jinx, obviously you want to drop it under them at the start of a fight - place it well and they're either zoned for several seconds, burn Flash, or tank half their HP. Much less effective against Zed and Ezreal in this way - you need Ezreal to use E first and for Zed to commit. Against divers like, say, Jarvan and Rengar, you wait for them to commit and have two choices: either drop it under them to CC and damage them, or drop it between them and their team to cut them off. Sometimes if the enemy team is split up in the jungle you can use the ult to cut off the back up that's trying to arrive. Occasionally you can use it to straight up engage. It's quite helpful to play against or watch good Rumbles to see it in action. Remember, always, use it before you overheat!

In lane you can use it to clear the next wave fast to get a cheap base if you're sure you won't need it (I do this nearly every game as Rumble at least once).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom