• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Heimerdinger's win rate in Bronze is 57% this week, I played him the other night and lost, wonder what I'm missing.

Also just had a game where the other team's Ashe AFKed because Thresh got the kill over her, and then her duo partner (who was mid) AFKed as well, and then Thresh complained in all chat that they were both the N word and proceeded to explain that it "totally isn't racist".

This game man.

If Heimer gets ahead he can apply ridiculous pressure to lanes. Being able to land E into super missiles is also very important. He's a weird champ.

Tizoc

If you don't want me to flame
DON'T THROW THE FUCKIN GAME AND DO NOTHING FOR 15 MINUTES.
http://matchhistory.eune.leagueofle...etails/EUN1/1106364153/205390904?tab=overview

Seriously the thresh and zed in this recent game just up and threw a really good game, we were so ahead, but then all of a sudden thresh starts feeding, Zed doesn't do shit, and I falmed them on effin' chat.
I don't care if I get reported or get a chat ban but if Rito had any sense, they'd look at what the reports DID in the game before passing judgement, not that they ever will.
I may have been losing to Jax, but my ADC was really ahead, sadly the end game went to shit because of those 2 idiots.

Regardless I had a kickass match yesterday as Garen
http://matchhistory.eune.leagueofle...etails/EUN1/1106243068/205390904?tab=overview

Was playing with friends and man was it sweet knocking off half of Kassadin's health with a Q+E combo at Lvl. 2 XD

http://matchhistory.eune.leagueofle...etails/EUN1/1106169121/205390904?tab=overview
Me and Vi went to take the last top turret, I kept hitting the turret with aatrox hitting me but to no avail! He could barely hurt me XD
I got the turret and then just gtfo while my teammates got mid turret.

Other than that was this nice game as Top Malph. I was against a Nasus, but thankfully my friend as Jungle Vi helped me get 2 kills off of him, one time we took the 2nd top turret and nasus was chasing us, my friend managed to get Vi's passive up while slowed by nasus and avoid getting killed. I tossed a Q at Nasus and we both escaped getting wasted by the enemy team lol.

Tizoc

Kat is just ridiculous. She needs a nerf like yesterday.

Just stun or knock the bitch up.

IIRC, Activating hourglass will disable her ult right? If you're malphite for example, you could ult her and even if she hourglasses, your team can just go all in and waste her ass.
That's just one example =X

Blizzard

Banned
you're cray, ahri has pretty godly waveclear. 280(+70%), half of it being true damage is nuts for a single spell. you can easily clear casters with double dorans + fiendish codex and finish up with w.

for comparison xerath q is 240(+75%), which prolly won't kill the casters until he finishes morellos (although with double dorans+codex he might, i just don't think most xeraths get the double dorans).

also you should never start boots, start dorans or flask.
280 is level 5 Q. I'm talking levels 1-6 or so. You're only getting maybe 200 damage then if you hit both directions?

I also didn't have dorans (single or double) or fiendish codex. Once I got dorans that helped some, but by the time I got deathcap it was probably late so minions were stronger.

I wanted to start shoes because I was hoping to dodge Xerath Q/slow/stun, but as I mentioned even WITH the shoes I failed at that. Think how bad it might have been if I had even slower movespeed. :p Is it even feasible to dodge a properly aimed Xerath Q if you have no shoes?

Blizzard

Banned
I just had the nicest teammates in a bronze game. I mean I'm only getting 12 LP per win so I may never escape, but no one else has any hope of escaping either (except maybe to bronze 1, or silver), so people are nice. As far as I saw, no one batted an eye at the support Skarner vs. support Shaco a couple of games ago (which sadly my ISP died 45 minutes during).

The other team just now had an Ashe top. She got first blood but I think lost the lane.

Panda, the enemy bot lane was Corki + Sion. That Sion poke is so annoying.

zkylon

zkylewd
280 is level 5 Q. I'm talking levels 1-6 or so. You're only getting maybe 200 damage then if you hit both directions?

I also didn't have dorans (single or double) or fiendish codex. Once I got dorans that helped some, but by the time I got deathcap it was probably late so minions were stronger.

I wanted to start shoes because I was hoping to dodge Xerath Q/slow/stun, but as I mentioned even WITH the shoes I failed at that. Think how bad it might have been if I had even slower movespeed. :p Is it even feasible to dodge a properly aimed Xerath Q if you have no shoes?
at level 1-6 you shouldn't have trouble pushing xerath back either. his mana costs are prohibitive enough that he can't just qw every wave. you shouldn't start boots, anyways, you either start dorans or flask. the dorans ring helps with the waveclear but it's not absolutely necessary. you can use the flask to just sustain through the damage. just trade q's with him until he has no potions left and then drive him out of lane. just don't be a dumbo and get stunned, as no health and no ap means you're worse at duels. and use your passive to heal yourself. don't waste it on a charm or a w, make sure you use q for you passive and hit as many minions as you can.

and like just hide behind minions to dodge his stun, but not too close to them. he'll probably try to poke you as he last hits, so try and predict when he will. try not being too predictable when you go to last hit/trade

it's super hard to dodge his q cos it's really quick, and it's noticeably fatter than the indicator.

Blizzard

Banned
at level 1-6 you shouldn't have trouble pushing xerath back either. his mana costs are prohibitive enough that he can't just qw every wave. you shouldn't start boots, anyways, you either start dorans or flask. the dorans ring helps with the waveclear but it's not absolutely necessary. you can use the flask to just sustain through the damage. just trade q's with him until he has no potions left and then drive him out of lane. just don't be a dumbo and get stunned, as no health and no ap means you're worse at duels. and use your passive to heal yourself. don't waste it on a charm or a w, make sure you use q for you passive and hit as many minions as you can.

and like just hide behind minions to dodge his stun, but not too close to them. he'll probably try to poke you as he last hits, so try and predict when he will. try not being too predictable when you go to last hit/trade

it's super hard to dodge his q cos it's really quick, and it's noticeably fatter than the indicator.
The diamond guide I was following said boots to dodge skillshot champions like Cass or Brand. T_T Who do I trust!

I didn't realize Xerath could only stun in a line skillshot. So minions completely block it? I'm also surprised the slow is just 10% at level 1. It felt super slow.

zkylon

zkylewd
The diamond guide I was following said boots to dodge skillshot champions like Cass or Brand. T_T Who do I trust!

I didn't realize Xerath could only stun in a line skillshot. So minions completely block it? I'm also surprised the slow is just 10% at level 1. It felt super slow.
the slow is much stronger in the center of the spell and yeah, minions completely block his e. also the stun lasts longer the further away you are from him. a really long stun might be worth a flash, as it gets pretty cray at bigger distances.

i think your guide is kind of outdated, maybe, no one except kat starts boots in mid lane anymore. just check anyone on probuilds: http://www.probuilds.net/?=&search=ahri, it's always flask or dorans.

Blizzard

Banned
the slow is much stronger in the center of the spell and yeah, minions completely block his e. also the stun lasts longer the further away you are from him. a really long stun might be worth a flash, as it gets pretty cray at bigger distances.

i think your guide is kind of outdated, maybe, no one except kat starts boots in mid lane anymore. just check anyone on probuilds: http://www.probuilds.net/?=&search=ahri, it's always flask or dorans.
Yikes, so Cassiopeia Q is hard enough to dodge with a 0.4 second explosion time. The wiki says that the Xerath slow is 0.5 seconds, resulting in a 60% slow for 2.5 seconds.

If you're 60% slowed for 2.5 seconds, it seems like you're pretty likely to get hit by a stun and/or Q after that, unless you've set up the perfect wall of minions. I guess the mana costs are supposed to make it difficult for Xerath to do this often in early levels, though his passive gives him mana back.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yikes, so Cassiopeia Q is hard enough to dodge with a 0.4 second explosion time. The wiki says that the Xerath slow is 0.5 seconds, resulting in a 60% slow for 2.5 seconds.

If you're 60% slowed for 2.5 seconds, it seems like you're pretty likely to get hit by a stun and/or Q after that, unless you've set up the perfect wall of minions. I guess the mana costs are supposed to make it difficult for Xerath to do this often in early levels, though his passive gives him mana back.
the 60% slow as well as the extra damage is only in the center of the spell, so if you only get hit by the outer areas you should be fine, although getting hit is obviously not ideal

just forget about boots and try to dodge his spells. he'll land a few but between potions and your passive you should be alright

Blizzard

Banned
It's patch 5.2 or so and the ear-piercing nexus turret laser bug is STILL not fixed. It's so loud and it hurts so much. ;_;

If anyone from Riot reads this, it seems to happen when a nexus turret takes damage, then super minions die and aren't damaging it, and the turret is healing. I wish the lasers didn't make such a painful sound anyway, but it's even worse when you're trying to defend a base and the sound plays constantly for like 5 minutes straight. It makes you outright want to lose so it will stop.

Edwardo

It's patch 5.2 or so and the ear-piercing nexus turret laser bug is STILL not fixed. It's so loud and it hurts so much. ;_;

If anyone from Riot reads this, it seems to happen when a nexus turret takes damage, then super minions die and aren't damaging it, and the turret is healing. I wish the lasers didn't make such a painful sound anyway, but it's even worse when you're trying to defend a base and the sound plays constantly for like 5 minutes straight. It makes you outright want to lose so it will stop.

Hmm, that's really weird. I don't think that's happened to me at all.

Crappiest build 2015? Take your pick.

hDlv3K2.png

---

Hey Leezard plays MH4U. Anyone else on lolgaf play? I'm not comfy playing with strangers in the MH4U thread.

Leezard

Crappiest build 2015? Take your pick.

---

Hey Leezard plays MH4U. Anyone else on lolgaf play? I'm not comfy playing with strangers in the MH4U thread.
I know Phillip has the game, at least.
We should do some hunts! I won't be available for the rest of the evening, but we could set a plan for another time.

So I have a stupid question. Do most abilities do damage to towers/inhib/nexus except for obvious ones like Nunu's W, etc? For example Corki's Q and R?

Edwardo

Found this

Tower Defense
Janna's Eye of the Storm (E): puts the shield effect on the tower, and causes it to deal more damage.
Heimerdinger's Techmaturgical Repair Bots (Passive): adds HP regeneration to the tower, allowing it to regenerate HP, though very, very slowly.

Damaging Towers
Blitzcrank's Power Fist (E): deals the extra damage of Power Fist to the tower.
Garen's Decisive Strike (Q): deals the extra damage of Decisive Strike to the tower.
Master Yi's Double Strike (Passive): procs the Double Strike effect, attacking the tower twice.
Nasus' Siphoning Strike (Q): deals the full damage of Siphoning Strike against the tower.
Rammus' Tremors (R): deals damage to Towers, Inhibitors and the Nexus.
Shaco's Jack in the Box (W): boxes will attack towers for a small amount of damage, but will prioritize minions near the tower (won't change targets if new minions come into range, however).
Shaco's Hallucinate (R): the clone can attack Towers, Inhibitors and the Nexus for half damage.
Shen's Ki Strike (Passive): Ki Strike will proc against towers, dealing the extra damage.
Sona's Power Chord (Passive): Power Chord will proc against towers, dealing extra damage. Will not debuff the tower.
Twisted Fate's Pick a Card (W): will proc the PaC effect against the tower, dealing extra damage based on which card was used and procing blue (mana gain) and red (area damage/slow) card's effect

Tower Dangers
Ashe's Frost Shot (Q): will burn the mana of Frost Shot but otherwise deal nothing to towers.
Cho'Gath's Vorpal Spikes (E): will proc against towers, dealing no damage but may hit a nearby champion, causing the tower to attack Cho'Gath.
Sivir's Bouncing Blade (W): will bounce off of the tower and may hit a nearby champion, causing the tower to attack Sivir.

Empowered Attacks
Different from abilities that damage towers, these attacks will reset your attack animation, causing you to attack the tower twice in rapid succession if timed properly. Abilities that will do damage against the tower are marked in red. Those abilities that don't do damage will remain on your champion, allowing you to use it against a nearby target afterwards. All of these abilities will proc damage from Sheen/Trinity Force/Lichbane.

Blitzcrank's Power Fist (E).
Garen's Decisive Strike (Q).
Jax's Empower (W).
Nasus' Siphoning Strike (Q).
Poppy's Devastating Blow (Q).
Renekton's Ruthless Predator (W).
Renekton's Slice and Dice (E).
Trundle's Rabid Bite (Q).
Vayne's Tumble (Q).
Xin Zhao's Three Talon Strike (Q).

Only auto attack modifiers work but it's still a case by case basis.

I'm probably wrong here but from what I remember:
Leona Q (dunno about extra damage)
Jax W (no extra damage)
Nasus Q
Garen Q
Talon Q
Wukong Q
Twisted Fate W (except on Inhibitors)

The rest won't trigger at all, like Vayne Q.

Edit: beaten hard

Tizoc

So I have a stupid question. Do most abilities do damage to towers/inhib/nexus except for obvious ones like Nunu's W, etc? For example Corki's Q and R?

Just to add, Morde's Q does not deal extra damage, from what I've seen. It does however reset your AA animation if u want it to come out faster.
In Garen's case, AA, Q would mean he landed 2 hits on the turret.

Hero

What do you guys think about junglers buying sight stone for warding/map control? Worth it? Obviously it makes sense for Lee Sin but for others I've been trying to experiment to help top/mid with that half of the map.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
What do you guys think about junglers buying sight stone for warding/map control? Worth it? Obviously it makes sense for Lee Sin but for others I've been trying to experiment to help top/mid with that half of the map.
just upgrade totem at lvl9 and you should be fine.

About to go Kog for the 1st time. Let's pour out a little liquor for the poor bastards on my team. :lol

It helps unquestionably with map control (obviously). Lee just benefits that much more from it due to hit kit.

Sofo

I used it once on Nunu and J4 (once with each) and it's really good if you can squeeze some deep wards. I don't really recommend it unless you are on a premade/voicechat, because most of the time the people you will play with can't even look at their minimap, let alone make use of warding.

It helps nullifying the smite-raptor buff thing as well as just castrate the other jungler's ganks or countergank properly.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
W?

I just felt like I had no presence versus my other go to ADCs (Dra/Vay/Var) after finishing a first item, in this case Trinity Force.
yeah, W first is a hold over from before his Q was changed. Q is really great for dueling now, especially if you're going triforce.

W max should be reserved for lanes where you just need to farm as safely as possible.

After two disastrous first games I'm kind of getting the hang of warwick. I think I was backing too early and building wrong. I was grabbing my jungle item after three camps which was really, really dumb, considering I can just power level til 5. Also built a tank item after devourer instead of bork.

Blizzard

Banned
I rolled the dice with a bronze Vayne. Turns out I got the smurf instead of the feeder, and they went 24/10/something and had like 120 more CS than anyone else.

Of course since it WAS Vayne, they were still harassing teammates in chat, hitting surrender at the slightest setback, and so forth, but at least they stuck around to win it.

yeah, W first is a hold over from before his Q was changed. Q is really great for dueling now, especially if you're going triforce.

W max should be reserved for lanes where you just need to farm as safely as possible.
wut. qmax is awful. wmax has been standard especially since triforce is a core item on kog now since the range goes up massively. 20 extra range per level is huge because kog goes from being a 630 range carry to being a 710 range carry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom