• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'm not happy with my maurader Ashe purchase. Heartseeker is a much better skin. Didnt need another lol.

If it looks good in the loading screen then it's worth it. I want people to tremble at my high command Katarina.

botpremade86uqv.png
I genuinely felt sorry for the Malph and to a lesser extent Veiger because it was a combination of nailing a double on bot at 3 mins and never turning back.

That Sona build though.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
why do you have a picture of renly baratheon as your avy
@neko

DeadNames

Banned
With Aatrox? I should think you win that match-up anyway post-11/late game.

It's a skill matchup that slightly favors Renekton. Aatrox has more sustain in a straight duel, but Renek can easily chunk Aatrox. I don't know what those changes they did to Renek a few months ago did, but he def felt weak. I even got first blood 8)

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Think Evilore just permabanned deadnames lol.

Edit: nekooooooooooooooo

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Was he posting the wrong inflammatory opinion
edit: off-topic claims another warrior. RIP

Blizzard

Banned
I think I have decided. If I keep playing League this season, I am going to try to play Malzahar as much as possible and make that my choice for recording game results, statistics, improving, etc.

It seems like he's usually available and not banned in bronze/silver, and his win rate is over 50%. I'm currently way under that as with any champion I have played much in ranked, but the theory is that if I play him enough and study pro builds and maybe learn to make better game decisions, I can get my Malzahar win rate at last up to something like the bronze/silver average Malzahar win rate.

23qwerty

to be fair who didn't see that coming, also lolwtf at his comment anyway

I think I have decided. If I keep playing League this season, I am going to try to play Malzahar as much as possible and make that my choice for recording game results, statistics, improving, etc.

It seems like he's usually available and not banned in bronze/silver, and his win rate is over 50%. I'm currently way under that as with any champion I have played much in ranked, but the theory is that if I play him enough and study pro builds and maybe learn to make better game decisions, I can get my Malzahar win rate at last up to something like the bronze/silver average Malzahar win rate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXlfixJs-RU

Newt

Malzahar is a great champion for winning. Just farm and don't even interact with the enemy laner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXlfixJs-RU

Blizzard

Banned
I'll check it out. The one change I've made so far that seems positive is, I was initially following a guide that seemed to recommend deathcap first (for advanced players) or rylais first (easier). It said rod of ages took a long time to scale etc.

However, rod of ages is a recommended core item AND the probuilds winning build orders, and even losing build orders, seem to rush rod of ages and start flask. I've been doing flask + biscuits and then rod of ages, and I like being able to use some more spells for more voidlings and better farm. Hopefully it'll help in the long run.

zkylon

zkylewd
I still perma ban Zed. He's probably the champ I'd least like to play against in mid lane. People say he takes "skill" but he really doesn't. All he has to do in lane is W E Q to chunk your health, and when his skills are back up, all in you and unless you're prepared to blow all your CD's, good luck getting out alive.
zed is complicated. his laning is among the best of any midlaner, with him being able to poke, waveclear, dodge spells and escape ganks, buy 3 potions and sustain and kill you at different points of the game. he even has that crazy last-hitting passive. i'd say his laning is one of the easiest for an assassin, because even if using his ult properly takes practice to pull off reliably, all those tools make him an extremely safe laner.

the problem is later on

in teamfights and lategame, zed really does take skill to play, as the number of possible options for him get smaller and smaller as people buy zhonyas and qss and generally assassinating someone gets harder, as you still gotta make sure you ult, bjork, land your q and e, maybe use an extra shadow to follow up, land a few autos, etc. and if the other player had zhonyas they'll ignore a lot of your damage, since it's resistances + the active

compare that to katarina who's damage can't be easily zhonya'd and who also doesn't take any mechanical skill to pull off (just mash all the buttons when off cd)

splitpushing also isn't easy to pull off as a team, since you need good vision and zed needs to be a strong threat already

i'd say he's a nuanced champion for sure, not one you can just pick up and play

No, but really how do I get better at this game? I'm sick of getting called useless every single game.
what classes do you like playing? that might help giving you tips

general tips:
* focus on csing
* don't run blindly to your lane every back. if it's 20m and you're adc and your midlaner's bot, then just go mid
* watch the map as often as you can
* think before you buy (don't always get the same, if you're against an ad midlane, for instance, don't buy chalice on your first back)
* buy lots of wards, including pinks
* don't flame, mute people as soon as you think they're being toxic
* watching streams is alright
* don't play too many champions, just focus on the few you find more fun/are more succesful at
* know what your champion is good and bad at and what they're supposed to do at the game. if you're ahri roam, if you're xerath farm, etc.
* don't be greedy. if you can send someone to base that's usually a big win, no need to tower dive or take risks to get the kill. be aggressive, just not stupidly so!
* focus on objectives, if you get a kill, immediately think "what can i get from this?". it can be dragon, baron, a turret, a buff, even a jungle camp or just shoving the lane down.
* use pings a lot, send mias over everything and ping going to and all that crap. it's annoying but it's useful i think

did evilore just perm deadnames?
whelp

do we hold elections for new pariah of lolgaf?

i vote zkylon and his waifus
i resent this post

I can get behind waifus in general, I like zkylon though!
thank you

zkylon for class rep!

Thanks everyone.

I play mainly Mid, Adc and support, though admittedly, I'm not really sure what makes top different from mid aside from being a tank for mid.

Last pick: don't ban Kat I want her mid
Everyone else: doubt she wouldn't be picked

Kat isn't banned
Our second pick takes mid Karthus

Last pick: i've never jungled

Karthus gives up first blood and rage quits

http://i.imgur.com/QCAfuiG.png

Ruined a great Blitz game for me. I got a double when Draven backed.

Nekofrog

Banned
But he's far from junior.

he was barely old enough to be on gaf anyway

anyway you're all overthinking the zed thing

if you see a zed lock in, just go vlad against him. im dead fucking serious. zed can't do antyhing to you. boots/pots and he'll never touch you, and you can just push his shit in until 6 where you drop ign/ult and he's dead

Blizzard

Banned
I have "Pancakes Senpai" and "Pancake Thief" on my friends list, and I just won a game against "Senior Pancakes". There's practically an entire family of them!

zkylon

zkylewd
Thanks everyone.

I play mainly Mid, Adc and support, though admittedly, I'm not really sure what makes top different from mid aside from being a tank for mid.
mid usually plays mages or assassins, while top is a good place for tanks, duelists and lately, different kinds of mages

the champions that play in solo lanes do so because they can make the best use out of levels and gold compared to junglers or supports, and don't necessarily need the constant babysitting like an adc (tho adcs are also often left on their own as supports start roaming)

mid is the place for mages and assassins, for a few reasons:
* mid allows for the best roaming, which is great for roaming champions like ahri or lissandra
* mid is close to blue buff, which junglers give mids so they can constantly push waves and poke and harass around objectives. mages are the best champions to receive this buff since they use up a lot of mana and can take really good advantage of the cdr from the buff
* mid is a short lane, which helps squishy low mobility mages escape from ganks
* assassins are played mid to counter and kill those mages

if you tried to play a tank in mid lane you could, but it wouldn't be the best distribution of your champions, as tanks can be easily pushed to turret (not all of them) which allows for mages and assassins to freely roam while tanks last hit under turret

top instead is mostly for tanks and 1v1 duelists for other reasons like:
* top laners usually take teleport, so while they're in the lane with the least action (far away from the duo lane and far away from dragon), they can make tp plays around the map
* duelists like riven are picked to bully out weaker laners like ryze or mundo. they often take ignite instead of teleport and try to do their thing by destroying the tank laner and becoming splitpushing monsters
* long lane is better for tanks that fight longer wars of attrition and that survive ganks longer than squishies and reach their turret faster
* tanks are really good in 2v1s, which doesn't apply to normal play but it's very important in competitive, since duelists can be easily shut down in 2v1 lanes. tanks like mundo or maokai or whatever have ranged spells that help them farm a bit even when 2v1, while riven or tryndamere or whatever just cry in a corner
* mages like lulu and lissandra are pretty popular top lane too at the moment, which can also bully out tanks, but also 2v1 fairly well. these do play with tp tho

there's other reasons but those are the ones i can think of right now

basically mid = mages and assassins, top = bruisers, tanks and mages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom