• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
nami is getting pushed out because annie/blitz/leona have become extremely popular again and absolutely wreck her. i would not blind pick her or even pick her period.

Jeff-DSA

nami is getting pushed out because annie/blitz/leona have become extremely popular again and absolutely wreck her. i would not blind pick her or even pick her period.

I like playing Nami into Leona. The bubble works so well if she lands her E because you know exactly where she's going to be and it buys time for your ADC to recover. Annie and Blitz are a bit harder.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Nami is so good as support now, while Sona is still having identity issues as support or duo adc in bot lane

I disagree, Nami loses to many popular match ups right with the exception of Janna. Sona is in a weird spot. She really only works well when she can poke without the risk of immediate death and even then there are better supports.

I've personally started playing Leona and Annie much more in solo queue. The point and click stun meta is strong. And having an extra tank or AP carry lite is much more powerful than heals imo.

Tizoc

almost everything early on until he has items and becomes an ap hypercarry. zed is one exception as vlad shits all over him by kit design

Hmm, I must be doing something wrong then since I always get wasted by Vlads if I go up against them at top =_=

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah nami is not on the bestest of places

like anything you should play your own strongest champions which is why i still default to nami and thresh even tho they're not necessarily the best, but yea, leona is really strong right now

Sofo

GpENgCh.png

Damn, that's a change in the narrative if I've ever seen one.

Speaking of Nami, had a really fun game with her yesterday, with Dobe and some of his friends.

fFuEUwR.png

It helped that Sona was brainead almost, but Jinx managed to put me in a pickle a couple of times, but I luckily made it out alive. I was poking a lot but this time I paid more attention to when our minions where close to last-hit health, so that she had to choose between csing or autoing me. Sona seemed like had just started playing Sona, as she fucked up her own Qs a lot.

I was really "in the zone" with my bubbles though. Landed a bunch of double bubbles and just rode the 1k AP Cassio pain train to victory. It's absolutely disgusting how she murders Baron lol.

Since Yasuo was so damaged from lane and Malph went full tanky AP, it got really easy to push through. My only problem was how good at dewarding Sona was though. I usually never have problems with other supports in normals but this one actually paid attention to when I had a pink in my inventory and when it left my inventory (I do that as well but sometimes it's hard to track that plus sighstone charges).

Fun game regardless, considering it had been like a week since my last PvP game (been doing just the daily win vs bots while I grind shit on XIV).

Tizoc

if ur playing like a fucktard u have 0 right to flame others.

It was them being fucktards, I at least tried to get objectives :p. As I said we were stomping them early game, but then Thresh goes full retard and Zed stopped doing shit.

It's still not a nice thing to do. Summoner's Code and all that!

I know I know I'll try to be more civil next time, but that game was just sour...

is there anything more stressful than being chased down by Sivir and Nidalee while running over Teemo shrooms along the way? This was one of those exhausting matches where everyone was just constantly dying.

3spLdBY.png

Almost 30 now. I don't know if my heart can take ranked. ;-;

Blizzard

Banned
One of those games: http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1739132163/38569565?tab=overview

gold4tas4h.png

The enemy Riven had a 16-kill streak going. They got first blood and maybe a couple of kills right after that, and took the top turret by 10 minutes. The jungler stayed top to help them do it. Then the enemy team kept switching lanes in coordinated groups of 3+ to rush down turrets. People were already making comments about teammates feeding etc. I couldn't find anywhere to farm minions because teammates could easily take them with the slow Malzahar E.

Of course since it's bronze or whatnot, support Teemo vs. support Veigar! So Teemo mushrooms everywhere would make it even more difficult for us to come back, in theory. However, somewhere along the way we muted each other or whatever and mostly started communicating with pings. And Irelia started being crazy strong. And we started winning teamfights and only losing maybe 1 person each time. We had Fiddlesticks + Malzahar + Veigar + Irelia for CC, and managed to start nuking the 20+ kill Riven.

It's the small things in life -- there's something so gratifying about seeing a LeBlanc vanish instantly to a Final Boss skin support Veigar ult. In the end we got baron and won after a couple more base attacks. They gave me +3 teamwork honor afterwards even though I sucked.

Sofo

Only in Coop vs AI by some low bronze will you be called a "killstealer" when you are Caitlyn 36/0/8 (85% kill participation) by a Malzahar 4/3/5.

It's always funny how most toxic people underperform so much and look to blame everything on everyone else lol.

"A normal with this team? fuck that" were his last words.

I didn't bother replying but damn lol, it sucks because he was in a premade (the premade buddy was level 11) and he will probably perpetuate this toxicity onto the new player.

mid usually plays mages or assassins, while top is a good place for tanks, duelists and lately, different kinds of mages

the champions that play in solo lanes do so because they can make the best use out of levels and gold compared to junglers or supports, and don't necessarily need the constant babysitting like an adc (tho adcs are also often left on their own as supports start roaming)

mid is the place for mages and assassins, for a few reasons:
* mid allows for the best roaming, which is great for roaming champions like ahri or lissandra
* mid is close to blue buff, which junglers give mids so they can constantly push waves and poke and harass around objectives. mages are the best champions to receive this buff since they use up a lot of mana and can take really good advantage of the cdr from the buff
* mid is a short lane, which helps squishy low mobility mages escape from ganks
* assassins are played mid to counter and kill those mages

if you tried to play a tank in mid lane you could, but it wouldn't be the best distribution of your champions, as tanks can be easily pushed to turret (not all of them) which allows for mages and assassins to freely roam while tanks last hit under turret

top instead is mostly for tanks and 1v1 duelists for other reasons like:
* top laners usually take teleport, so while they're in the lane with the least action (far away from the duo lane and far away from dragon), they can make tp plays around the map
* duelists like riven are picked to bully out weaker laners like ryze or mundo. they often take ignite instead of teleport and try to do their thing by destroying the tank laner and becoming splitpushing monsters
* long lane is better for tanks that fight longer wars of attrition and that survive ganks longer than squishies and reach their turret faster
* tanks are really good in 2v1s, which doesn't apply to normal play but it's very important in competitive, since duelists can be easily shut down in 2v1 lanes. tanks like mundo or maokai or whatever have ranged spells that help them farm a bit even when 2v1, while riven or tryndamere or whatever just cry in a corner
* mages like lulu and lissandra are pretty popular top lane too at the moment, which can also bully out tanks, but also 2v1 fairly well. these do play with tp tho

there's other reasons but those are the ones i can think of right now

basically mid = mages and assassins, top = bruisers, tanks and mages

I just realized I said mid tank instead of top tank, whoops.

I never considered using Lulu in top lane, though. Maybe I'll give that a shot.

I think I have some sort of problem playing non-ranged champs because I have a tendency to not want to get in another champ's face because death.

Man, I love playing tank against an AP team in ARAM as long as it wasn't horrible lopsided. I could stack HP regen (Horn, Targon, Visage, Glory, Aegis) and recover 30HP per second. It's nuts.

Blizzard

Banned
Only in Coop vs AI by some low bronze will you be called a "killstealer" when you are Caitlyn 36/0/8 (85% kill participation) by a Malzahar 4/3/5.

It's always funny how most toxic people underperform so much and look to blame everything on everyone else lol.

"A normal with this team? fuck that" were his last words.

I didn't bother replying but damn lol, it sucks because he was in a premade (the premade buddy was level 11) and he will probably perpetuate this toxicity onto the new player.
If you're in Coop vs AI, and their kills were so rare, they may have been excited about getting a chance to actually rack up another one. Your kills were very common so they didn't mean much to you, but they're a rare prize for that person. If it's just bots might as well let the low players get their kill.

zkylon

zkylewd
I just realized I said mid tank instead of top tank, whoops.

I never considered using Lulu in top lane, though. Maybe I'll give that a shot.

I think I have some sort of problem playing non-ranged champs because I have a tendency to not want to get in another champ's face because death.
that's fine, there's a lot of diversity in ranged champions' range too, so learning how to manage that is important. like sivir vs caitlyn or lissandra vs xerath. if you're low range, you need to use all the tools you have at your disposal to close that gap so that their higher range is no longer important

i generally like ranged champions too cos i think most melees are pretty boring to play

Guys lets go easy on the bronzodias. Just because they're bad/dumb/mad doesn't mean you should treat them like shit.

it means you wish they would meet a mysterious accident in the near future.

Nekofrog

Banned
OyCsx64.jpg

Shy is really good vs Sion. Land E, sit on him with sunfire and W to juke his shit, Q and auto and there goes his health. At 22 minutes I had sunfire/thornmail/giantsbelt/cutlass. At 32 I had Sunfire/thornmail/warmogs/BORK. I was sitting on motherfuckers.

Blizzard

Banned
OyCsx64.jpg

Shy is really good vs Sion. Land E, sit on him with sunfire and W to juke his shit, Q and auto and there goes his health. At 22 minutes I had sunfire/thornmail/giantsbelt/cutlass. At 32 I had Sunfire/thornmail/warmogs/BORK. I was sitting on motherfuckers.
Has sunfire finally become a situationally useful item like thornmail? I seem to recall thornmail used to be universally mocked, then became occasionally acceptable or used by pros.

I haven't seen sunfire cape yet move out of the "universally mocked" category when people talk about it in this thread though, and I don't even usually consider buying it.

Nekofrog

Banned
if you're shyvana, it's almost a core item. burnout+sunfire AOE damage

sell it if you're max item end game and can get something better

Sofo

If you're in Coop vs AI, and their kills were so rare, they may have been excited about getting a chance to actually rack up another one. Your kills were very common so they didn't mean much to you, but they're a rare prize for that person. If it's just bots might as well let the low players get their kill.

? I worked my kills on my own lol. Not like it takes more than half a brain to get kills in a bot game, if you are at least 30. It's not like I was taking "his" kills in any way, and in fact I let most people get their kills if I could (like the J4 in my lane). I stayed top/mid, where I was. They were bot.

He was not low, he was a douche. His premade friend was the low-level guy.

Blizzard

Banned
? I worked my kills on my own lol. Not like it takes more than half a brain to get kills in a bot game, if you are at least 30. It's not like I was taking "his" kills in any way, and in fact I let most people get their kills if I could (like the J4 in my lane). I stayed top/mid, where I was. They were bot.

He was not low, he was a douche. His premade friend was the low-level guy.
By low I mean low-kill, not low-level.

They may be a jerk in real life, I don't know, but I am just saying I can sympathize with someone playing a bot game and wanting to practice their lane and occasionally get a kill, and having someone else who's farming tons of kills start cruising in and picking up the few I had a chance for.

*edit* Oh, I see you mention you were top and they were bot. I guess I don't understand how you were interacting then, unless you both went to a common location.

Tizoc

Play Garen and regen 100hp per second.

I like it a lot.

I've regained my confidence in using Garen recently so I'll prob. go a few games Top as him.

OyCsx64.jpg

I should give Shyv another try too, I find her good in keeping enemy champs away from getting to close to farm (unless their long range), and harrassing with her E is quite good.
...but man I feel like I do no damage as her in team fights @_@

For that matter, I've been avoiding Sunfire as a first item on every champ I play, building Randuin instead. I'd only build Sunfire if I need the extra armor and health, but even then I may never get around to building it.

Sofo

By low I mean low-kill, not low-level.

They may be a jerk in real life, I don't know, but I am just saying I can sympathize with someone playing a bot game and wanting to practice their lane and occasionally get a kill, and having someone else who's farming tons of kills start cruising in and picking up the few I had a chance for.

*edit* Oh, I see you mention you were top and they were bot. I guess I don't understand how you were interacting then, unless you both went to a common location.

sigh

http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/1982645877/206655443?tab=overview

Check here at the map and filter by my kills and his kills.

I don't know why you are even trying to defend him.

Blizzard

Banned
sigh

http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/1982645877/206655443?tab=overview

Check here at the map and filter by my kills and his kills.

I don't know why you are even trying to defend him.
Was one of the 2 you killed in the bot lane jungle the one they were complaining about? That's at least next to the lane so it's understandable.

I think I'm not trying to defend the person (as I pointed out, maybe they're a jerk in real life, who knows, hard to tell from just one game) as much as I'm trying to say, I can understand why someone can find it annoying in a bot game when someone is very good at the game and racking up a ton of kills, and gets near other people puttering along. Putting yourself in their shoes, and all that.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
is there anything more stressful than being chased down by Sivir and Nidalee while running over Teemo shrooms along the way? This was one of those exhausting matches where everyone was just constantly dying.

3spLdBY.png

Almost 30 now. I don't know if my heart can take ranked. ;-;

Not gonna lie, if you go into ranked with that number of games you'll be lucky to place into bronze 1.

Sofo

Was one of the 2 you killed in the bot lane jungle the one they were complaining about? That's at least next to the lane so it's understandable.

I think I'm not trying to defend the person (as I pointed out, maybe they're a jerk in real life, who knows, hard to tell from just one game) as much as I'm trying to say, I can understand why someone can find it annoying in a bot game when someone is very good at the game and racking up a ton of kills, and gets near other people puttering along. Putting yourself in their shoes, and all that.

No, they complained when we were at the nexus closing the game and I got a Quadra thanks to him running in and soaking up like 4 ultimates. I think the sodium levels rose then.

I could never put myself in those shoes because they are ill-fitting. Raging in ranked/normal, is already bad and counterproductive, raging in a bot game and dissing your team while doing so is just pathetic. Of course I've had games where I wish I was in the spotlight but I wasn't, but I kept it to myself and, to be honest, it would be really unbecoming to whine about it in-game (albeit obviously I ended up having to do it here).

To sum up, my problem was not his kills or lack thereof, my problem was his attitude and delusion that we were not worthy of him. I've gone to bot games supporting people that were pre-30 and basically didn't even know how to last hit let alone consider minion agro, and it was actually fun telling and teaching them without being patronising. Hell, even if Malzahar had been freaking Challenger I would have felt disgusted if he made those comments. People go to bot games to feel familiar with certain champions/learn the game at earlier levels. It is absolutely unneeded to add toxicity to a laid back environment that feels more like a playground.

Leezard

Nice hunts, Wolf! I launched you into the air more than you launched me into the air so I guess you're the better hammer user. :p

At least I got the chilling beaks I needed, and some plates I didn't need.

Edit: was it a coincidence that we got into the same room or did we have each other on the friend list already?

Sunfire has always been a non-troll item. It's just crab milkey being unreasonable.
How about "no" with everything adding up against it. It being "core" on Shyvanna is also unfathomable considering she doesn't have problems pushing waves as it is - while also ignoring that the cape has a smaller area-of-effect radius than her W - and her being in much higher need of actual sticking power instead of a negligible damage boost.

Nice hunts, Wolf! I launched you into the air more than you launched me into the air so I guess you're the better hammer user. :p

At least I got the chilling beaks I needed, and some plates I didn't need.

Edit: was it a coincidence that we got into the same room or did we have each other on the friend list already?

Nah, I know I knocked you a lot with super pound. I think we only once managed to triple pound Gore's head together without knocking each.

I really want the Gore set. Seems to be a great set for hammer.

I was looking for a Gore room but couldn't find good ones that were still in the Hall. I checked my Friend List and saw you there. How many hours do you already have?

Leezard

Nah, I know I knocked you a lot with super pound. I think we only once managed to triple pound Gore's head together without knocking each.

I really want the Gore set. Seems to be a great set for hammer.

I was looking for a Gore room but couldn't find good ones that were still in the Hall. I checked my Friend List and saw you there. How many hours do you already have?
It's tough, but it happens. I thought I knocked you away way too many times! I used to be a lot better at not knocking people away in tri.

Ah, I see. You haven't done it as an urgent yet, right? I saw you were hr2. Have you not done all the key quests yet for the urgent? I was hoping we didn't deny you a finished urgent.

I have 43 hours or so clocked. This game is crack.

Not gonna lie, if you go into ranked with that number of games you'll be lucky to place into bronze 1.

Isn't bronze 1 like the highest of that tier? If normals are any indication I'd probably be in the bottom half. But I'm pretty dedicated to learning the game now.

Hopefully the game is still popular by the time I get good.

Sofo

Isn't bronze 1 like the highest of that tier? If normals are any indication I'd probably be in the bottom half. But I'm pretty dedicated to learning the game now.

Hopefully the game is still popular by the time I get good.

To be honest, just enjoy the game as it is. If ranked is your poison, enjoy it, if normals or ARAMs are it, then enjoy them. I haven't gotten back to ranked but I waited some time before dipping into ranked for the first time. I wanted to have enough versatility and rune pages filled to not be a burden.

I'm fairly sure if I had gone to ranked when I first dinged 30, I would have landed much further down than silver 2, but it might be different for you if you are already taking it seriously.

Just don't let it ruin the fun of the game.

Edwardo

I don't find myself building sunfire that often. I think I build it on Shen and maybe Shyvana too. I never have trouble clearing waves on shyv without it though. I've always been a fan of Randuins. I really just like having plenty of actives to use.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Game 1 of promos - get in game and Graves says he can't ADC. Proceeds to feed the fuck out of lane.

I don't understand people like this. Just take the -3lp and wait 5 min instead of losing 20 minutes...

Edwardo

Lol it's great when last pick stays silent the entire time, then when it's their pick they just lock in something random because they can't adc or whatever. It's not hard to say" pref not adc" or something like that. Most times people will accommodate. Well.. I will. Dunno about the masses lol.

zkylon

zkylewd
How about "no" with everything adding up against it. It being "core" on Shyvanna is also unfathomable considering she doesn't have problems pushing waves as it is - while also ignoring that the cape has a smaller area-of-effect radius than her W - and her being in much higher need of actual sticking power instead of a negligible damage boost.
your use of the word "unfathomable" amuses me lol

V_Arnold

I am at the gates of Silver. 1-1 so far.
Not sure if I should do it tonight. First loss was a Yorick locking on jungle as 5th, when I was jarvan jungle (first pick). Was fun! (not).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom