• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newt

Does Sivir block the Q stun though? The Leona pull seems so fast that I can't shield it (even if I had reflexes to shield Blitzcrank grab). If you manage not to be already stunned you could in theory shield Leona ult though.
Yes, you can block the Q.

Blizzard

Banned
Yes, you can block the Q.
Thanks, I didn't know that. The wiki says Leona's E just roots, not stuns, so does that mean you can use Sivir E while being rooted? It would seem so, but I guess I just didn't remember it working that well in practice.

Thanks, I didn't know that. The wiki says Leona's E just roots, not stuns, so does that mean you can use Sivir E while being rooted? It would seem so, but I guess I just didn't remember it working that well in practice.
Yes, but it's better to wait it out to avoid spell shielding her W or wasting it by mistake.

Bacon

Lol. Just supported a Graves whose build path went like this -

Vamp Scepter -> Pickaxe -> tier 2 boots -> BF Sword -> Last Whisper -> Bloodthirster -> IE

How do you counter Nasus/how is he not OP?
I just played as him for the first time and perhaps the person I was laning against wasn't amazing but man did it feel like easy mode. Early game was decently even but after lvl6 and my stacks growing it was just no contest.

Jeff-DSA

I just played as him for the first time and perhaps the person I was laning against wasn't amazing but man did it feel like easy mode. Early game was decently even but after lvl6 and my stacks growing it was just no contest.

You win as quickly as possible or you take advantage of his weak early game and pile on him from the outset. Make him miss farm/stacks.

I'm about to play against Nasus and I hate him deeply.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Don't let him get free farm and don't let the game drag on super late.

Sofo

I'm kinda lost atm as far as what to main/play.

I still enjoy support a whole lot, mind you, but I've gotten so picky that I rarely feel supporting someone that I can't rely on, and I feel that's pretty bad. Always on streams, people are saying that "you should not expect anything besides basic stuff from your soloQ partners" and I've gotten to the point that I think I rely on my team mates too much (since I mostly just play with friends).

And right now of all the supports I play, I am mostly using Nami, Janna, Annie and then my fourth would be Thresh. I'm scared that my pool of champions is too shallow, and I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable with Thresh in ranked as I either have god-like laning experiences or I just fuck it up if we are already behind. Same thing happens to me with Leona, if I am ahead, sure, but if I am behind it's ugh, bad. That never happens with the Nami, Janna, Annie trifecta, at least for me.

Also recently I've been enjoying ADC so much, but at the same time it's such a responsability, and relying on supports as well.. I've yet to play a single Normal where my support is not a friend of mine, and despite the friend that plays Sona might not be Lustboy, we have teamspeak and we can communicate properly if either of us fucks up.
For this position I have not that many picks available actually. I have Caitlyn which I've yet to use since I bought her, Jinx which makes me very immobile and then we have Tristana. I also have Graves/Lucian and Sivir but I am not that comfortable with those low ranges, because even though I tend to try to position properly, the whole "AD caster" thing I either go overboard and lack mana or end up just autoing to death stuff. I think what I enjoy the most as ADC is doing the little steps between autos, but idk if that can be defined into a champion besides Kalista though, lol.

Idk, this is not really a question post more like my ramblings sorry, I feel I am lacking something in the confidence department and idk how to shake it off. o.o It's kinda strange because I'm a fairly confident person in real life but idk.

zkylon

zkylewd
i6DbFVSr862SH.png

i love how ahri feels with the nerfs, makes these games feel like you earned it :p

I'm kinda lost atm as far as what to main/play.

I still enjoy support a whole lot, mind you, but I've gotten so picky that I rarely feel supporting someone that I can't rely on, and I feel that's pretty bad. Always on streams, people are saying that "you should not expect anything besides basic stuff from your soloQ partners" and I've gotten to the point that I think I rely on my team mates too much (since I mostly just play with friends).

And right now of all the supports I play, I am mostly using Nami, Janna, Annie and then my fourth would be Thresh. I'm scared that my pool of champions is too shallow, and I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable with Thresh in ranked as I either have god-like laning experiences or I just fuck it up if we are already behind. Same thing happens to me with Leona, if I am ahead, sure, but if I am behind it's ugh, bad. That never happens with the Nami, Janna, Annie trifecta, at least for me.

Also recently I've been enjoying ADC so much, but at the same time it's such a responsability, and relying on supports as well.. I've yet to play a single Normal where my support is not a friend of mine, and despite the friend that plays Sona might not be Lustboy, we have teamspeak and we can communicate properly if either of us fucks up.
For this position I have not that many picks available actually. I have Caitlyn which I've yet to use since I bought her, Jinx which makes me very immobile and then we have Tristana. I also have Graves/Lucian and Sivir but I am not that comfortable with those low ranges, because even though I tend to try to position properly, the whole "AD caster" thing I either go overboard and lack mana or end up just autoing to death stuff. I think what I enjoy the most as ADC is doing the little steps between autos, but idk if that can be defined into a champion besides Kalista though, lol.

Idk, this is not really a question post more like my ramblings sorry, I feel I am lacking something in the confidence department and idk how to shake it off. o.o It's kinda strange because I'm a fairly confident person in real life but idk.
you don't have to main anything, really

besides, playing support is good if u want to adc and viceversa

Jeff-DSA

Wow, hypercarry hypercarries late game.

Except for that our Jinx didn't.

I just hate Nasus because he has ZERO late game weaknesses. He's fast, he has the best slow in the game, his damage is off the charts, and he's ridiculously tanky. Maybe they can give him wings at the 40 minute mark and he can just fly over terrain, because they might as well.

EDIT: WTF, RIOT?! I LOST 24 LP FOR THAT MATCH?! WHY?!

Leezard

I just hate Nasus because he has ZERO late game weaknesses. He's fast, he has the best slow in the game, his damage is off the charts, and he's ridiculously tanky. Maybe they can give him wings at the 40 minute mark and he can just fly over terrain, because they might as well.

EDIT: WTF, RIOT?! I LOST 24 LP FOR THAT MATCH?! WHY?!
I think calling him fast is an overstatement. If you bring a support like Nami you can kite Nasus really well, to the point that he can't get in range to cane jinx.

So our game went on too long and Nasus becomes unkillable and a 100-0 murderer with insane CC. Such a stupid champion.

Did you play Vayne?

If you see a Nasus on the other team and you're that worried why not take a champ top who does %HP damage? Christ, even run the Zyra TP top.

Nasus can be kited. Quickly Cleanse/QSS/Crucible Wither and your ADC will have a lot of free time to kill him. If his Wither his down, there's nothing he can do to close the gap but walk. One or two Randuins can really make his life miserable. There are so many champ counters to Nasus, from bullies to kiters. Vayne an go full ASPD tank and never get touched by his Q.

If you're the ADC and your reflexes aren't fast enough you can always pick up a Randuin. Believe it or not, his damage output drops significantly against armored targets especially if they don't stand in Spirit Fire (-40 Armor Shred, remember). Nasus rarely picks up Last Whisper.

Jeff-DSA

yea nasus can be super kited late game

just like, don't try dueling him

The issue is that Thresh and Darius refused to do anything but bull rush him ahead of the rest of the team and die. We also couldn't kite Nasus with our comp.

Here's the match history: http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1741044773/210181856?tab=overview

Jinx didn't buy LW until 42 minutes, which is way too late, especially when she was opting for BotRK. It was an unwinnable match, to be honest. We won a 4 for 1 trade and didn't take a single objective after because "gotta buy."

zkylon

zkylewd
i really want to start buying lich bane on ahri but i'm not sure at what point

gonna check when faker buys it

The issue is that Thresh and Darius refused to do anything but bull rush him ahead of the rest of the team and die. We also couldn't kite Nasus with our comp.

Here's the match history: http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1741044773/210181856?tab=overview

Jinx didn't buy LW until 42 minutes, which is way too late, especially when she was opting for BotRK. It was an unwinnable match, to be honest. We won a 4 for 1 trade and didn't take a single objective after because "gotta buy."

i mean u can be correct about that game being unwinnable but it wasn't really on the nasus, more like your team in general being super crap

i mean u had darius and a pantheon with iceborn gauntlet

bokn

Banned
I dunno man

Thresh is one the greatest ADC protectors in the world
plus he had crucible and shurelias

But yeah, no QSS or LW

Tizoc

Don't let him get free farm and don't let the game drag on super late.

How would tanks with 10ish second cooldowns on their abilities do that? It's kinda hard to hurt the guy when you would be low on mana and his lifesteal can give him sustain early on @_@

IVE NOT FINISHED MY 5 DAMAGE ITEMS YET STOP TELLING ME TO BUILD DEFENCE AND UPGRADE MY TRINKET

Heh, as Sona I go Sightstone>Boots>Mikael, then I get AP items.

Looking forward to Team Builder for ranked, I am so gonna make bank as Supp Sona.

Is AP Sona even worth it anymore with the kack scaling and lack of DFG?

If you haven't at least got Locket and Ardent in your build as Sona you're doing it wrong.

What do you mean you couldn't kite Nasus, you had a Thresh lol

It was unwinnable because as others said your team was poop and your Jinx was building loco

Tizoc

Is AP Sona even worth it anymore with the kack scaling and lack of DFG?

If you haven't at least got Locket and Ardent in your build as Sona you're doing it wrong.

I'll consider those in a future game but Locket's quite pricey, and is it really worth getting if enemy comp has only 1-2 AP champs that don't have AoE spells? Usually Mikael is good even if enemy comp has no heavy CC or AoE spells.
I like Lich Bane on her though :p

Leezard

I've been buying it when it suits since release - but it meshes so well with Sona's aura that surely it becomes cost effective as a 4 man ASPD buff you can pop every 7 seconds - pretty much all the time.
Hm, I see.

It's most likely cost efficient, but I'd be more concerned with the opportunity cost, i.e. which item is being delayed or skipped due to buying ardent.

Pricey? It's 2800 gold with one of the best build paths in the game lol

Against double AP it's a no brainer and against one AP it's still really good because of the free MR for your team plus the shield, regardless of AoE

Hm, I see.

It's most likely cost efficient, but I'd be more concerned with the opportunity cost, i.e. which item is being delayed or skipped due to buying ardent.
It'll always come after Mikaels, but it really depends on mine and the enemies teamcomp and also how the lane has gone/going.

In favourable position with a Jinx or Kal on the team? Time to grab Ardent IMHO.

Talents

Banned
I honestly think QSS doesn't help for shit vs Nasus. It's like, "Just use your 90 second cooldown vs his 6 second cooldown." when he has his 40% CDR. You can't fight him because he is so tanky and he'll 1 shot your face if he gets near you as a squishy, which isn't hard for him because of his Wither. But most of the time you can't just ignore him because if you ignore him for a few seconds, he'll have destroyed your whole base on his own.

I honestly think QSS doesn't help for shit vs Nasus. It's like, "Just use your 90 second cooldown vs his 6 second cooldown." when he has his 40% CDR. You can't fight him because he is so tanky and he'll 1 shot your face if he gets near you as a squishy, which isn't hard for him because of his Wither. But most of the time you can't just ignore him because if you ignore him for a few seconds, he'll have destroyed your whole base on his own.
Wither means the fight is 4v5 for 5 seconds if he hits an ADC with it. If you cleanse it, you can A) run away if alone B) kill other stuff with your team's help, then focus him. Without Wither Nasus isn't getting anywhere near you for 6 seconds and with proper peel he's not getting near you for the rest of the fight period.

Talents

Banned
Wither means the fight is 4v5 for 5 seconds if he hits an ADC with it. If you cleanse it, you can A) run away if alone B) kill other stuff with your team's help, then focus him. Without Wither Nasus isn't getting anywhere near you for 6 seconds and with proper peel he's not getting near you for the rest of the fight period.

When he can 1 shot your whole team, he'll get to you eventually.

Talents

Banned
So your team was behind as hell, had no peel, Nasus had full items vs your 3 and a half item. I think many champs could stomp you in that case.

That screenshot is like a month old but a lot of champs couldn't have went basically full tank and still killed the Mid, top and adc in 1 maybe 2 Q's. I fail to understand how a Nidalee top lost lane to a Nasus on her own though. It's always so dumb to see people lose lane to him.

You had a squishy team with basically zero resistances and no peel, they could have something like a full tank Aatrox / Darius / Cho and have similar results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom