• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leezard

I was talking with Phillip in the client, and I thought I'd format and type some of the tips in this thread:

Do your allies walk into the enemies' unwarded jungle and die?

Buy wards and ward their jungle, your allies are usually less likely to walk in there if they see 3 enemies in the jungle. Your trinket wards are not enough.

Do your allies get killed in river or your own jungle?

Buy pink wards to cover the entrances of your jungle, it will help. Also use a sweeper to remove enemy wards in the jungle.

Dragon is up in 1 minute, your allies wait until 15 seconds before it spawns to recall.

Try writing something like this in advance, people are more likely to do it if you tell them a good play in advance:
"1 min to drake, recall now if you need to recall before drake."
This applies to other objectives as well, people are slightly more likely to follow your plan if you write it in advance.

Obviously this won't instantly make you win all your games, but it can be enough to tip the scales in those games you only lose because people get picked off.

Newt

I was talking with Phillip in the client, and I thought I'd format and type some of the tips in this thread:

Do your allies walk into the enemies' unwarded jungle and die?

Buy wards and ward their jungle, your allies are usually less likely to walk in there if they see 3 enemies in the jungle. Your trinket wards are not enough.

Do your allies get killed in river or your own jungle?

Buy pink wards to cover the entrances of your jungle, it will help. Also use a sweeper to remove enemy wards in the jungle.

Dragon is up in 1 minute, your allies wait until 15 seconds before it spawns to recall.

Try writing something like this in advance, people are more likely to do it if you tell them a good play in advance:
"1 min to drake, recall now if you need to recall before drake."
This applies to other objectives as well, people are slightly more likely to follow your plan if you write it in advance.

Obviously this won't instantly make you win all your games, but it can be enough to tip the scales in those games you only lose because people get picked off.
Dunno, I would literally prefer to be toxic to bad players on my team and lose than have to babysit them to win. Like, of course I'll buy wards and place them in areas I think are important, but I'm not gonna place them just because teammates are wandering into the jungle. I've never seen teammates recall before dragon spawn, so I had no idea that was an issue.

Playing Hexakill, someone suggests picking all supports. We end up with Lux, Lulu, Sona, Blitz, Leona, and Fiddle. Their team has Kat and Yi. We lose.

Also something interesting happened. I was Draining someone and Blitz hooked him back towards me, but it broke my Drain. I guess the hook breaks all channels, even friendly ones.

Bacon

Dunno, I would literally prefer to be toxic to bad players on my team and lose than have to babysit them to win. Like, of course I'll buy wards and place them in areas I think are important, but I'm not gonna place them just because teammates are wandering into the jungle. I've never seen teammates recall before dragon spawn, so I had no idea that was an issue.

I think the majority of people would rather win then lose.

Newt

I've played a 150 or so games and I would rather have won all 150 of them then lose any of them.
You'd be surprised then. I've seen people leave over not getting blue buffs. Not saying that's right or anything, but it's something that you will encounter eventually. 150 games is nothing.

Bacon

You'd be surprised then. I've seen people leave over not getting blue buffs. Not saying that's right or anything, but it's something that you will encounter eventually. 150 games is nothing.

I don't understand what you're arguing. If someone afk's there's nothing I can do about it, but placing good wards and giving my team a chance to win is within my control and I'd rather attempt to get a win then be toxic to the people who are making mistakes.

Newt

I don't understand what you're arguing. If someone afk's there's nothing I can do about it, but placing good wards and giving my team a chance to win is within my control and I'd rather attempt to get a win then be toxic to the people who are making mistakes.
That's for you. Not the whole of ranked.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I still can't forget the zed that survived a gank with 100hp because he overextended in top and escaped into enemy jungle, only to then later died by staying in the jungle and not trying to recall or continue fleeing. This happened 15 seconds apart from each other.

Newt

Ah, I see what you're saying. I extrapolate the thought process of this thread out to the playerbase more often then I should.
Yeah, this thread is a pretty bad sample of the league community. Personally I'm not toxic ingame to teammates (I sure am out of game), and if someone is getting caught I'll just ping them to get back. Saying something like "Zed, please say with us, Dragon is spawning" is too much for me.

Leezard

Babysitting is what you need to do to carry in some games. If you'd rather not win some extra games by putting effort into carrying then that's fine.

You should be really happy if you never missed an objective because someone recalled at a bad time.

Newt

Babysitting is what you need to do to carry in some games. If you'd rather not win some extra games by putting effort into carrying then that's fine.

You should be really happy if you never missed an objective because someone recalled at a bad time.
I put my effort in champ select. I just avoid stuff like Zed.

Leezard

I put my effort in champ select. I just avoid stuff like Zed.

That's a really good thing too, it is relatively uncommon for people to consider their own team comp before picking. Doing it in game as well does help if you want to improve further.

Sofo

So just laned vs a Diamond V Vayne? And fuck that shit. >_>;

Is it me or normal drafts are either stomps or get stomped? wtf

Newt

Oh no.. it's happening.
Trust.
28L59aC.png

drawkcaB

How is Vi doing on the PBE jungle?

Just peachy on clearing the first few buffs. Jungle items seem worse on her than before since neither the AD nor the HP enchant offers CDR for her long early level ult CD. That might not be that big of a problem though. Since the jungle items no longer offer a gold generating bonus, I'm not sure whether or not buying the enchants are rush purchases. If you consider that you'll be buying a machete upgrade anyways those items definitely become cost effective, but I can see myself buying a kindlegem before completing the HP enchant on Nautilus for example. Similarly, Vi could dip into a brutalizer before completing the AD/HP enchants. It's not like the cost effectiveness disappears because you delayed buying the enchantments, unlike the current jungle items.

There isn't a strong jungler who's going to fall from the changes, or even shift much at all really. S5 jungle has a larger impact on the effectiveness of mid and lower tier junglers.

zkylon

zkylewd
i dunno why but i can't login to the game now

tried some of the support bullshit with restoring internet explorer options and opening ports and stuff but nothing's working :/

imma be real upset if blue syndra is on sale and i can't buy her because of this

Newt

i dunno why but i can't login to the game now

tried some of the support bullshit with restoring internet explorer options and opening ports and stuff but nothing's working :/

imma be real upset if blue syndra is on sale and i can't buy her because of this
I thought you hate that skin -_-.

Ferrio

Banned
Zkylon needs a Moba where your skills are determined by what you wear. Like a dress up simulator but it determines your movesets.

Fuck I just invented a million dollar idea.

Sofo

Actually won with the AD TF lol, but not really because he carried or anything (majority of the kills were him porting and last hitting -_-). I played Janna because well I've been meaning to practice with her. Got him fed early on, only to have him overextend. I didn't back and didn't have mana to ult, and only managed to get enough mana to ult after he was dead (Hecarim came).

Guy totally lost it, said he didn't want to lane with this Janna etc. So he went mid and Lissandra came bot. Lissandra was really nice and thanks to the solo-lane EXP, she got fed some kills bot too.

I just don't understand mentality of some players though. We get a double kill, and Twisted Fate, instead of shoving to tower, just backs? Like, he wasn't even half HP and I had river warded? Or when we killed botlane + Hecarim and I'm pinging Dragon and it literally took Kha'zix an eternity to react... Both dragons happened after I almost had to spam for it. ;x

Is this something common? People not cashing in on opportunities? I don't know if it's because I watch streamers/LCS but I am kinda obsessed on objectives and sometimes I might disregard (too much?) kills.

http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/1792282571/206655443

Like I said... stomp or get stomped in this game mode wtf.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Zkylon needs a Moba where your skills are determined by what you wear. Like a dress up simulator but it determines your movesets.

Fuck I just invented a million dollar idea.

It's called Custom Robo.

zkylon

zkylewd
you don't need much to keep me happy

do a couple good skins a year for my favorite champions and don't let katarina get op

wonder why i'm crankiness incarnate lately

Newt

Actually won with the AD TF lol, but not really because he carried or anything (majority of the kills were him porting and last hitting -_-). I played Janna because well I've been meaning to practice with her. Got him fed early on, only to have him overextend. I didn't back and didn't have mana to ult, and only managed to get enough mana to ult after he was dead (Hecarim came).

Guy totally lost it, said he didn't want to lane with this Janna etc. So he went mid and Lissandra came bot. Lissandra was really nice and thanks to the solo-lane EXP, she got fed some kills bot too.

I just don't understand mentality of some players though. We get a double kill, and Twisted Fate, instead of shoving to tower, just backs? Like, he wasn't even half HP and I had river warded? Or when we killed botlane + Hecarim and I'm pinging Dragon and it literally took Kha'zix an eternity to react... Both dragons happened after I almost had to spam for it. ;x

Is this something common? People not cashing in on opportunities? I don't know if it's because I watch streamers/LCS but I am kinda obsessed on objectives and sometimes I might disregard (too much?) kills.

http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/1792282571/206655443

Like I said... stomp or get stomped in this game mode wtf.
You should always shove to tower, but you shouldn't always kill tower. Killing tower basically means that you have less access to farm, and you have less of an ability to deny an enemy's farm. If you're super far ahead, and you're team doesn't need you, keep tower alive.
i mean sure but u know me

Ferrio

Banned
The most brilliant part is a character will come with a default outfit and you can purchase the option to take pieces of it off! The down side of being naked is you'll have no skills to use, the ultimate hard mode. Huehuehue.

It'll print money.

zkylon

zkylewd
tbh i once played this mmo and felt the need to buy customization stuff and then found out it gave you stat bonuses and regretted it cos i don't like supporting that kind of stuff

it was also a pretty pervy outfit

shame~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom