• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking with Phillip in the client, and I thought I'd format and type some of the tips in this thread:

Do your allies walk into the enemies' unwarded jungle and die?

Buy wards and ward their jungle, your allies are usually less likely to walk in there if they see 3 enemies in the jungle. Your trinket wards are not enough.
Allow me to take issue with this constructively.

I come from a heavier Dota2 background where warding is equally important but much more limited is availability so I may not appreciate this the same way but...

...I look at this as *moronic* behavior. Everyone's minimap works, right? If you want to take a casual stroll through the enemy jungle with champions that can kill you missing from the minimap...and you do so without backup...you deserve whatever happens to you because you were stupid.

If you want to take those strolls, you should take some responsibility and ward the shit yourself. Supports usually make sure your own jungle is safe and make sure there is adequate vision around the river...sometimes they can get deep enough to drop a ward around blue/red buffs. But if you haven't asked for a special deep ward and you don't have vision and you decide its a good time to farm the enemy red buff/wraiths and someone jumps out of the bushes and fucks you up, I'm sorry...maybe said player should learn the fucking lesson.

Ultimately I agree with your recommendation as a counter to stupidity...but I think acknowledging such actions as stupidity is important and people shouldn't need the crutch of a fully illuminated map to make good decisions. It puts too much pressure on cash-strapped supports to subsidize poor decisions. I'd rather players learned map awareness. I think the abundance of wards available in League actually has a retarding effect on such things. People get so used to them they don't know how to function properly when the lights go out.

Again, not really a criticism of your point so much as the fact the point has to be made at all. Don't go places you can't see with scary enemies missing without backup or vision should just be an understood truth of the game.

jerd

You should always shove to tower, but you shouldn't always kill tower. Killing tower basically means that you have less access to farm, and you have less of an ability to deny an enemy's farm. If you're super far ahead, and you're team doesn't need you, keep tower alive.

I've seen you use that gif twice now and that is infinitely too many times for me to handle

zkylon

zkylewd
You guys stahp. This isn't OT -_-. We have standards.

well you asked about a skin

you knew what you were getting into

I come from a heavier Dota2 background where warding is equally important but much more limited is availability so I may not appreciate this the same way but...

...I look at this as *moronic* behavior. Everyone's minimap works, right? If you want to take a casual stroll through the enemy jungle with champions that can kill you missing from the minimap...and you do so without backup...you deserve whatever happens to you because you were stupid.

If you want to take those strolls, you should take some responsibility and ward the shit yourself. Supports usually make sure your own jungle is safe and make sure there is adequate vision around the river...sometimes they can get deep enough to drop a ward around blue/red buffs. But if you haven't asked for a special deep ward and you don't have vision and you decide its a good time to farm the enemy red buff/wraiths and someone jumps out of the bushes and fucks you up, I'm sorry...maybe said player should learn the fucking lesson.

Ultimately I agree with your recommendation as a counter to stupidity...but I think acknowledging such actions as stupidity is important and people shouldn't need the crutch of a fully illuminated map to make good decisions. It puts too much pressure on cash-strapped supports to subsidize poor decisions. I'd rather players learned map awareness. I think the abundance of wards available in League actually has a retarding effect on such things. People get so used to them they don't know how to function properly when the lights go out.

Again, not really a criticism of your point so much as the fact the point has to be made at all. Don't go places you can't see with scary enemies missing without backup or vision should just be an understood truth of the game.
everyone makes stupid mistakes

i think it's a good idea to help your teammates avoid stupid mistakes by warding, pinging, reminding timers, etc. as long as you're doing it in an uncondescending manner aka commenting on their shitty item builds

Sofo

You should always shove to tower, but you shouldn't always kill tower. Killing tower basically means that you have less access to farm, and you have less of an ability to deny an enemy's farm. If you're super far ahead, and you're team doesn't need you, keep tower alive.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense, ty! I still remember one time when I was leveling my Caitlyn told me to not auto the turret, that she wanted to stay in lane more and to kill Tristana more.

This time though (just checked!) first turret fell around minute 16 so I guess that's fine.

Besides that Twisted Fate, the rest of the peeps were nice though, what a change!

Ferrio

Banned
I've seen you use that gif twice now and that is infinitely too many times for me to handle

Could be worse...

vlFRhDP.gif

Leezard

I agree that the best possible solution is for people to learn map awareness. However, if you have teammates without map awareness in a solo queue game they are very unlikely to learn map awareness during the game. If your teammates do have map awareness then it's fine and you should be happy you got a nice team.
Also, I did not want to imply that only the support is supposed to ward. Regardless of your role you should help with vision.

The post as a whole was meant as tips to reduce the impact of stupidity of teammates. Knowing to recall in proper time before objectives/drake is also basic knowledge which sometimes teammates lack. In good scenarios, those tips are not needed and we should be happy we got a good game. :)

Just peachy on clearing the first few buffs. Jungle items seem worse on her than before since neither the AD nor the HP enchant offers CDR for her long early level ult CD. That might not be that big of a problem though. Since the jungle items no longer offer a gold generating bonus, I'm not sure whether or not buying the enchants are rush purchases. If you consider that you'll be buying a machete upgrade anyways those items definitely become cost effective, but I can see myself buying a kindlegem before completing the HP enchant on Nautilus for example. Similarly, Vi could dip into a brutalizer before completing the AD/HP enchants. It's not like the cost effectiveness disappears because you delayed buying the enchantments, unlike the current jungle items.

There isn't a strong jungler who's going to fall from the changes, or even shift much at all really. S5 jungle has a larger impact on the effectiveness of mid and lower tier junglers.
I feel that Tenacity being back on the HP enchant will help her in the long run. Nab a Brutalizer to fill SoTEL's gap and she should be good to go if her clearing is fine.

drawkcaB

I feel that Tenacity being back on the HP enchant will help her in the long run. Nab a Brutalizer to fill SoTEL's gap and she should be good to go if her clearing is fine.

Tenacity does help her but tenacity comes into play on junglers later in the game compared to laners because they aren't exposed to enemy abilities as much. As we both suggested, upgraded machete->boots->brut->finish jungle item is possibly the best way to go on Vi.

zkylon

zkylewd
Face aside, the first one isn't too bad as an homage to Xena.
face is everything -_-

All three of those are still exponentially better than slapping a gaudy stripper cop outfit on Sona.
i dunno i can see 1 and 3 having something of a theme but 2?

cmon

and like you don't care for broken spines and giant boobs and like skin 2 being literally sivir in a bra (which is hard since default sivir already looks like she took her top off)?

Blizzard

Banned
Do your allies get killed in river or your own jungle?

Buy pink wards to cover the entrances of your jungle, it will help. Also use a sweeper to remove enemy wards in the jungle.

It may be worth noting that there is a limit of 1 pink ward per player on the map, so you can only use one pink ward at a time. And if the enemy jungler is smart, they will farm your pink wards for gold, unless your team can coordinate well enough to kill them while they do it.

zkylon

zkylewd
i wouldn't post something like that since it's hideous

also i think you can kind of see her funparts since she's lifting her thing (my monitor is kind of dark so can't tell) so it might be a good idea to like link that with a nsfw warning

Ferrio

Banned
how about the other time you saw that artist's work??

I think it was like the 2nd fan art I saw of her after her redesign. I have this weird obsession of seeing how fast rule 34 takes effect on characters. Holy shit it took like 2 hours from when Sonic Boom was announced until stuff started pouring in, those people are dedicated!

i dunno i can see 1 and 3 having something of a theme but 2?

cmon

and like you don't care for broken spines and giant boobs and like skin 2 being literally sivir in a bra (which is hard since default sivir already looks like she took her top off)?
I didn't say anything about "liking;" scantily-clad amazon or whatever is merely the lesser of two evils by a wide margin when having to choose between it and a stripper cop.

Nekofrog

Banned
"report sona for feeding"
"you 11 more deaths than her"
"yeah i havent killed anyone so im not worth anything"

IMPECCABLE LOGIC

zkylon

zkylewd
i dunno prepuce juice sounds like a bannable name

i'd go for her

I didn't say anything about "liking;" scantily-clad amazon or whatever is merely the lesser of two evils by a wide margin when having to choose between it and a stripper cop.
i dunno i don't see how it's the lesser of two evils

at least sona's drawing is properly drawn and colored and has a few creative things like the cool cop car etwahl and those ridiculous headlights on her hair

if you don't like provoking outfits that's ok but at least be consistent about it :>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom