• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newt

If an AD TF main player had your Diamond-level mechanics in terms of last hitting, map awareness, all that stuff, I think he would do fine up there if your team's top was AP.
You need to understand that it's pointless though. He's weaker than a normal ADC at every stage of the game, and his ganking potential just gets worse when he's AD because he loses his burst damage.

You need to understand that it's pointless though. He's weaker than a normal ADC at every stage of the game, and his ganking potential just gets worse when he's AD because he loses his burst damage.
He can beat just about every ADC in the game except in early game.

He has far more sustained damage than AP TF.

Fuzzery

The problem is that he has lower dps and no aoe damage lategame when u need to shred tanks and bruisers. And no range or escape. Who cares if u can 1v1 some adcs lategame. A lot of things can 1v1 an adc lategame.

If I ulted on your Draven and you didn't have QSS or Cleanse, you would get rekt. There would be no way to avoid the stun. A flash would mean I'd flash as well.

Problem is that unlike AP TF, you need to stay in 525 range to deal damage. You can't hit and run with mininukes from Q W and Lich. You'll get royally screwed against teams with ranged point and click skills like Ryze and Maokai. Mundo can just plow through your stuns with W and Mercs.

You want coordination too, particularly having an AP top. Otherwise you can just expect an enemy team full of Randuins.

Note: ADCs very rarely ever 1v1 each other after laning. It usually only happens because everyone else died. You can win as many 1v1 ADC scenarios as you want, but they just don't happen often enough.

Newt

If I ulted on your Draven and you didn't have QSS or Cleanse, you would get rekt. There would be no way to avoid the stun. A flash would mean I'd flash as well.
But I would have QSS. Since we're talking about above gold.

What are you going to do if someone picks Sivir? They'll block the gold card every time. It's a slow ability.

Problem is that unlike AP TF, you need to stay in 525 range to deal damage. You can't hit and run with mininukes from Q W and Lich. You'll get royally screwed against teams with ranged point and click skills like Ryze and Maokai. Mundo can just plow through your stuns with W and Mercs.

You want coordination too, particularly having an AP top. Otherwise you can just expect an enemy team full of Randuins.

Note: ADCs very rarely ever 1v1 each other after laning. It usually only happens because everyone else died. You can win as many 1v1 ADC scenarios as you want, but they just don't happen often enough.
I dunno, I do well in team fights, but this is Silver. I don't engage right away in team fights, I wait a bit before I go in. I wait till their ADC or APC starts attacking, then I gold card and kill them. I've gotten used to the range.

But I would have QSS. Since we're talking about above gold.

What are you going to do if someone picks Sivir? They'll block the gold card every time. It's a slow ability.
I guess Sivir would beat me then. Didn't they nerf her? Her damage seems low. Maybe TF could straight 1 vs 1 her without the stun.

Newt

I dunno, I do well in team fights, but this is Silver. I doh't engage right away in team fights, I wait a bit before I go in. I wait till their ADC or APC starts attacking, then I gold card and kill them. I've gotten used to the range.

I guess Sivir would beat me then. Didn't they nerf her? Her damage seems low. Maybe TF could straight 1 vs 1 her without the stun.
She has an ability with a 210% AD ratio. I doubt it.

Sofo

So uh, why is the Neko vid 360p wtf.

I want more VoDs! Do we have any of winning AD TF? (I haven't watched this one but I think this one in particular is a loss?) I'm just curious on the matchups!

Btw I gave a spin at Jinx in Hexakill just to fuck around and damn, her passive is so much fun. At one point I became so hypey that I got a triple kill across the jungle. Also failed ults but also got some very nice ones!

Man why the fuck did I hate her. Setting her traps is still a bit awkward for me but I'm getting there. Can Sivir spellshield them? I assume so but everytime Sivir was chasing me she wouldn't spellshield them. Also sniping with W or using it to delay escape routes is super fun.

ZT9aTFo.png

I want to play an in-house with you guys, but you can't get QSS or Cleanse if you're ADC. Pretend that you think the mid TF on the enemy team is going AP and you don't realize he's AD for a little while. And also pretend to think it's complete shit and wouldn't do any damage, meaning you wouldn't even think of getting a QSS for him.

Nekofrog

Banned
I want to play an in-house with you guys, but you can't get QSS or Cleanse if you're ADC. Pretend that you think the mid TF on the enemy team is going AP and you don't realize he's AD for a little while. And also pretend to think it's complete shit and wouldn't do any damage, meaning you wouldn't even think of getting a QSS for him.

the enemy akali in that vod knew right away.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

so uh, the rest of your team cant have anything that would justify a QSS either then?

Nekofrog

Banned
Where are my 720p, at least! >:O

It's there, iono man. Refresh?

She got most of her kills off the other lanes. I was like 2-2-3 or something before it fell apart. Look, everyone has a bad game. I've beaten plenty of Akalis.

you're missing the point. she started cloth and went seekers because she noticed you were AD early

edit: i'm so my favorite part about that vod is how it was started to critique ad tf and it turned out we paid the most attention to the runaans furor boot rush caitlyn instead

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
He can beat just about every ADC in the game except in early game.

He has far more sustained damage than AP TF.

you dont understand the objections.

nobody is questioning TF's ability to do damage, we're pointing out that as a champion he does not have the tools to make his sustained dps worthwhile.

Think of cassiopeia. most people would agree her potential dps is amongst the highest in the game, but she isn't a popular pick because she, like ad tf, has a lot of weaknesses in her kit that make her a liability in real world situations.

AP TF works, and i use works loosely because he's not in a happy place either, because he can queue up a card and prep stacked deck to burst someone down in the short window of opportunity his ult or flash buys him.

AD TF does not work because you're trading burst for sustained damage without having a way to increase his window of engage. [beyond botrk slow, i suppose] you're just a particularly squishy and low range adc with limited mobility. even quinn can atleast E away.

So what if she went cloth. I don't get kills in lane anyway.

I still think it's funny how you guys watch and vod the one loss out of the last 9 games. Lol, I knew that would happen.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
that's another thing.

if part of your strategy is to stay passive and farm in lane, you open up opportunities for your opponents to roam, like akali did. in those instances, you're weighing your lategame against your teams ability to hold off 4v5. That's not only bad strategy, it's kind of a vayne thing to do.

Sofo

I still think it's funny how you guys watch and vod the one loss out of the last 9 games. Lol, I knew that would happen.

Actually I've asked for winning VoDs, and I'm sure others want to see it as well!

To be honest you put too much emphasis on the "surprise element" of AD TF when you talk about it, people just want to point out how easy it is to spot you out (it was for the Akali). I don't think you should read much more into it or get flustered about it.

You make a non-meta choice, and you come off as bragging about it... of course you will attract attention, man.

Newt

You don't understand though. You're in silver with a good amount of games. That means whatever you're doing is not working.

I've got like a sub 40% win rate with all other champs combined. My TF is better than Silver.

Actually I've asked for winning VoDs, and I'm sure others want to see it as well!
I wasn't singling you out. It was just funny how they watch, critique, and VOD the one loss out of the last 9 games. I think that's hilarious. I deserved that, to be honest.

To be honest you put too much emphasis on the "surprise element" of AD TF when you talk about it, people just want to point out how easy it is to spot you out (it was for the Akali). I don't think you should read much more into it or get flustered about it.

You make a non-meta choice, and you come off as bragging about it... of course you will attract attention, man.
Well, my name is AD TF so they know it's possible. I should change it to something else again but AD TF is too godly of a name to let go. I can't believe it wasn't taken.

Sofo

Heavy have you thought that maybe AD TF is working for you because you cash in on your opponent's mistakes more than you yourself are playing the matchups correctly?

Like most of the times I read you it's about "if they don't know I'm AD" "if they don't get QSS" "if I have can squeeze a gold card in" and I totally get what you mean but in an ideal matchup with opponents that react properly to the information they are given, you will have to deal with that.

Also don't worry about it man, I know you weren't singling me out, I just wanted to voice that I'm sure people are legit interested in see the winning games too.

Heavy have you thought that maybe AD TF is working for you because you cash in on your opponent's mistakes more than you yourself are playing the matchups correctly?

Like most of the times I read you it's about "if they don't know I'm AD" "if they don't get QSS" "if I have can squeeze a gold card in" and I totally get what you mean but in an ideal matchup with opponents that react properly to the information they are given, you will have to deal with that.

Also don't worry about it man, I know you weren't singling me out, I just wanted to voice that I'm sure people are legit interested in see the winning games too.
I've completely carried tons of games. 20, 25, 30 kills over and over. Yeah, nobody gets QSS in Silver but that's not why I'm successful with him.

Ferga

Yup. Win rates don't mean much if you can't climb the ladder.

In a perfect world, it basically means you win a lot of games against players who are worst than you but lose about the same to players who are the same or better.

Down to 0LP. I can't go back to Silver V.

Also I hate the inability to stop teleport. I watch the Udyr plunk one in our base, we win the team fight, I back at their inhib to deal with the ward, he TPs when I'm killing it, I can't stop him from taking our inhib.

Newt

Down to 0LP. I can't go back to Silver V.

Also I hate the inability to stop teleport. I watch the Udyr plunk one in our base, we win the team fight, I back at their inhib to deal with the ward, he TPs when I'm killing it, I can't stop him from taking our inhib.
Don't take the one thing Udyr is good at away from him, lol.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Because you guys will make a point to destroy me
sure, but your team will make a point to stop them so that they can then hold it over the other teams heads, and we do try to keep them even so it's not like the enemy adc could just build first item QSS sword and not get #rekt for it. a cleanse lane would also be rough for the support who doesnt have a potential heal.

hell, i dont even think na gaf has a mid lane main to put against you that's higher than gold.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
sure, but your team will make a point to stop them so that they can then hold it over the other teams heads, and we do try to keep them even so it's not like the enemy adc could just build first item QSS sword and not get #rekt for it. a cleanse lane would also be rough for the support who doesnt have a potential heal.

hell, i dont even think na gaf has a mid lane main to put against you that's higher than gold.

well im secretly challenger but id do it

Holy_Chic

Banned
the whole ad tf thing is silly. like honestly if youre having fun or whatever then great, keep playing it. otherwise its time to learn a new champ/role.

okay cool you play it in silver. well guess what, seems youre still stuck in silver. so regardless of how good you play some weird build, youre still a silver level player. which by most accounts means youre not very good (maybe average statistically when looking at the entirety of NA).

because honestly if you were the god of AD TF, you wouldnt have such a bad MMR. so clearly something is not working. despite what some players or streamers might say, getting out of bronze shouldnt be an accomplishment. i mean maybe if you played with one hand or league was like your first video game ever. otherwise, theres way too many guides and resources online for players of even moderate skill level to work themselves up higher. at least be on par (or better) statistically with the rest of the community in my opinion.

lastly ive never seen or heard of anyone at high elo maining AD TF, so while it might be viable against the occasional scrub, the truth is some of those same scrubs are beating you. saying 'my TF is higher better than silver" is stupid because after THAT many games, your TF should translate to your overall playskill, and right now you cant even get out of what is in my estimation a pretty joke-worthy tier <3

I'm tempted to try and fill that void again.

Maybe I should just practice the fuck out of Orianna since I'm poopybutts at roaming and I would rather uninstall than play Ziggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom