• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends: Season 4 World Championship (Sep 17 - Oct 19)

zkylon

zkylewd
yea disappointed it was such a stomp but at least we got weird picks hype and dandy rengar

hard to pick a mvp for worlds, everyone from white is an absolute beast

AcridMeat

Banned
Who are you guys cheering for, tomorrow, OMG or SHR? I'm particularly invested in SHR but mostly because Insec but idk much about OMG even though I did watch their previous games but I don't remember much.
OMG, royal club would admittedly dislike each other if they didn't have a language barrier, not for that.

brian!

Dont u hear tsm's name ringing out as the only team that can step to ssw...
regi made the call to focus on his other team c9, its not his fault they choked...

bokn

Banned
5sPDk7t.png

from saints ask.fm......

idlewild_

I can't imagine who they will pick up. There's not even great solo queue junglers. Probably gonna try to poach crumbzz or someone.

They can pick up an exempt non-resident, so I imagine they'll take a look at Helios. If they can't get him, the pool is pretty dry in NA. Nintendude, Liquid Inori, and Xmithie come to mind.

I think they will get someone new, because any veteran they could get would be a clear step down from Amazing and much more expensive than just asking OddOne to move rooms.

bokn

Banned
t1413100800z4.png

Br2Pq3G.png
-vs-
pBwahoU.png

The UZI carry machine vs the GoGOING, CLOUD and CLEARLOVE show. How hard will UZI turn up? Was the game against Najin just a fluke?
OMG currently have a 7-5 w-l against SHRC over the past season. Perhaps this is OMG's year to make it to the finals to redeem themselves after the upset last year?

I was a huge fan of Amazing's back in his CW days and think the reception he's had in NA has been very unfair. He's had several insane games on Lee Sin and Elise (there is no NA Lee who remotely compares, unless you count Helios) which people have completely ignored. Even his Xin game against C9 the first time he actually outplayed Meteos and got the first gank off but no one noticed because they lost. He even performed well at Worlds and helped take down C9 from their year-long perch but gets little to no credit.

I think TSM's problems this split were more the result of taking both OddOne and Xpecial (two experienced players who understand the game on a theoretical level, one of whom was the in-game shot-caller/leader) off the team simultaneously and therefore forcing Bjergsen to become the leader than Amazing being a weak jungler.

If you really want to pick on a TSM player, look no further than WildTurtle. He lost his lane frequently and was misplaying regularly during the Summer split. Even after getting Lustboy his lane often went poorly.

Put it this way, I agree with OddOne that Amazing is clearly better than him, and I think OddOne is still probably the best veteran NA jungler not on a team.

Leezard

For everyone that has been watching since Season 2, remember this?

This song is pretty much equal to competitive League for me after Season 2. It feels great whenever they play it in between matches.

No real surprising picks from the Chinese teams, but that's not unusual, given that they were looking pretty stressed during the earlier rounds. I suppose it stands to reason they didn't hold as much in reserve as the Koreans did.

They've both got pretty solid comps, though. Basically just depends on whether or not OMG can really muscle through with their mid-game advantage on Rumble ult, Jayce poke, and Lucian power spike or SHRC can weather the storm until Protect the Tristana becomes unbeatable.

Gogoing doesn't often play Rumble, but when he does he gets a 40cs lead and a Needlessly Large Rod by 15 minutes.

OMG comprehensively outplayed SHRC in the laneswap, getting the buff steal, putting their jungler ahead, and a ton more farm for their top laner. Cool did well in mid too, being ahead in cs before buying his Tear, and San was able to bully Uzi when the bot lanes met up since it was Lucian/Thresh v Trist/Zilean. Sure enough, inSec forced desperate plays as soon as his team fell behind and OMG was ready to punish them hard.

Jayce/Rumble is a classic mid-game siege comp from late season 2. If it gets ahead, you don't come back. Rumble's artillery and Jayce's cannon zone you off your towers.

Not terribly shocking. OMG was practically guaranteed to get the first dragon just on composition, and SHRC had to do something between that and the second one to stop them from snowballing long enough for their Orianna and Tristana to get strong. They didn't, game became textbook.

Kind of hoping they don't horribly desynch their composition power spikes in the next game. I'd like to see some actual fights rather that foregone conclusions.

OMG with Cloud were 16-5 in the LPL. Dada was San's friend, not a professional (or even a particularly strong) LoL player. I think it's becoming clear, if it wasn't already, that OMG with Cloud is a whole different proposition to OMG with Dada.

San/Cloud aren't going to be kicked around by Uzi/Zero, and Cloud can control the map at least as well as Zero. Gogoing, cool and Loveling are all stronger than their respective players on SHRC. I think it will be very hard for SHRC to come back in this series.

Macattk15

Man. Games like this are fucking boring.

Ever since NA bowed out ... this has been completely uninteresting for me. Get better NA!

Whoever wins this is just gonna get 3-0'ed by SSW.

So unfun.

Macattk15

and it was glorious

Nope. Not for me. I like competitive more evenly matched games where you can see outplays happen.

Not games where people don't give a shit what is going on because they are so far ahead.

Do you watch football? Did you watch the last Super Bowl? How fun was watching the Seahawks embarrass Denver?

Najin Shield v OMG might have been 3-0, but all three games were competitive, took 40 minutes or more, and game 3 should have by rights gone to Shield. I wouldn't put that series in with SSW/SSB or the first game of this series. EDG/SHRC went to 5 games, so I don't know why anyone would say that was a stomp.

zkylon

zkylewd
na games were complete stomps

like tsm and c9 tried some cute things but both times they failed and they only took games off korean teams by being super lucky at level 1 (i might be wrong about the c9 win, i don't quite remember)

i mean still props to tsm and c9 for being able to go all the way (last year they wouldn't be able to) but it's not like they didn't get shit on and were head to head against white/blue

Macattk15

na games were complete stomps

like tsm and c9 tried some cute things but both times they failed and they only took games off korean teams by being super lucky at level 1 (i might be wrong about the c9 win, i don't quite remember)

i mean still props to tsm and c9 for being able to go all the way (last year they wouldn't be able to) but it's not like they didn't get shit on and were head to head against white/blue

Group stages were the best games imo .... minus the AHQ Dark Passage and Kabum games (besides the obvious awesome Kabum vs Alliance).

The TSM/C9 games weren't stomps in the same was as the SSW vs. SSB games.

SSW absolutely did stomp the ever-loving dogshit out of SSB. I have seen Diamond vs. Bronze joke games at university LoL clubs that weren't as utterly, stupidly humiliating as that complete demolition was. TSM and C9 went home feeling like they had put up a respectable showing and could have a decent idea of where to look moving forward.

SSB went home most likely thinking they should no longer play LoL, or at the very least not together as a team.

Ferga

Gogoing doesn't often play Rumble, but when he does he gets a 40cs lead and a Needlessly Large Rod by 15 minutes.

OMG comprehensively outplayed SHRC in the laneswap, getting the buff steal, putting their jungler ahead, and a ton more farm for their top laner. Cool did well in mid too, being ahead in cs before buying his Tear, and San was able to bully Uzi when the bot lanes met up since it was Lucian/Thresh v Trist/Zilean. Sure enough, inSec forced desperate plays as soon as his team fell behind and OMG was ready to punish them hard.

Jayce/Rumble is a classic mid-game siege comp from late season 2. If it gets ahead, you don't come back. Rumble's artillery and Jayce's cannon zone you off your towers.

According to leaguepedia, Gogoing's favourite champion is Rumble.

I was making a joke on the "x doesn't often do y, but when he does..."

I'm pretty sure his most played champion in this tournament is Ryze, though.

SHRC has a better mid-game composition this time around, but I'm still not sure they can reasonably hold OMG's Jayce-Rumble-Corki comp off the first two dragons. They might at least be able to delay them long enough to gain some lane advantages, though.

Top Bottom