• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends: Season 4 World Championship (Sep 17 - Oct 19)

bokn

Banned
My problem with an intense group stage format is that it feels incredibly cheap to jam people into hotel rooms and play multiple games at once so that you can't watch some (the multistream was neato though)

It's pretty fatiguing for viewers and low commitment on a production level.

brian!

they should just have matches on weekdays
also I like the idea of multiple games at once, I wish they would do that for the lcs

AcridMeat

Banned
For regular LCS weekends maybe, but they don't have multiple locations where games take place. Plus they'd be splitting up the fanbase that way, so if there's games they wanted to see at both stages they're SOL. I guess there's potential for more tickets sold maybe if they did it, but the cost of having two big stage productions would be ridic, they'd have to hire a ton more people. Honestly, I'm not sure about the longevity in popularity of this as a spectator sport, so putting even more money into it seems crazy to me.

Oh wait I forgot there's 10 teams this season, yeah they probably are looking into something like that then.

Riot have came out against running simultaneous games in the past (I believe on the basis that it's confusing for viewers and awkward to set up in their studios). With the change to 10 teams there will be fewer games in each LCS split, and therefore they will individually be more important. Playoffs will be longer to compensate.

brian!

For regular LCS weekends maybe, but they don't have multiple locations where games take place. Plus they'd be splitting up the fanbase that way, so if there's games they wanted to see at both stages they're SOL. I guess there's potential for more tickets sold maybe if they did it, but the cost of having two big stage productions would be ridic, they'd have to hire a ton more people. Honestly, I'm not sure about the longevity in popularity of this as a spectator sport, so putting even more money into it seems crazy to me.

Oh wait I forgot there's 10 teams this season, yeah they probably are looking into something like that then.

fuk a stage let the player play in their pajamas
snuggie cams

Riot have came out against running simultaneous games in the past (I believe on the basis that it's confusing for viewers and awkward to set up in their studios). With the change to 10 teams there will be fewer games in each LCS split, and therefore they will individually be more important. Playoffs will be longer to compensate.

wait how is LCS changing?

10 teams, the last 2 in each NA and EU coming from an Expansion Tournament, potentially circuit points qualification for Worlds:

http://na.lolesports.com/articles/2015-season-10-teams-expansion-tournament-circuit-points

Reddit post today with link to Riot NickAllen interview confirming 9 week split:

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/2j7wo2/nick_allen_about_the_future_lcs_changes_the/

And news of a new EU roster formed to compete in the Expansion Tournament, featuring Alex Ich, Kevin, Impaler, Creaton, Kasing.

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueofleg...al3r_alex_ich_kev1n_creaton_kasing_confirmed/

Bacon

I haven't watched since the spring split. Is this worth staying up until 3 am for?

I feel kind of hyped for this for literally no reason.

Flare

An hour away and look at the crowd:

B0R--xJCYAEVYQ_.jpg:large

Kame

Yo Korea looks bad ass! I wish I went last season to Las Vegas for Season 3.

Way too far for my budget to go to Korea for Season 4.

Top Bottom