• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

xero273

PunjabiPlaya said:
When I tried to play that No Mercy mod, I get texture errors... Any idea what I did wrong?

not sure if this is the cause. Did you get the left 4 dead 2 add-on support? If not, click the tools tab. Look for that add-on and install it.

EDIT: beaten.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
PunjabiPlaya said:
When I tried to play that No Mercy mod, I get texture errors... Any idea what I did wrong?
If textures on a Source custom map aren't built into the game they have to be packed in with a separate program.

It's possible that installing the original L4D will solve the texture errors and load them, but it's not a sure thing.

2a83tpk.png

This is what my screen was like. it was trippy.

Sibylus

Banned
Ran through No Mercy in singleplayer, I had all the content and no error signs were to be seen. Some bugs/irregularities, though.

I suspect whoever reauthored the maps removed a part of the helicopter brush on NM5, you can't walk up the side and inside anymore (You'll fall through the gap). You have to jump into the helicopter now.

drkOne

vertopci said:
GGs tonight. Except for that one map...
Yeah, but I think Stall will be too ashamed to really post it. So we're safe.

And I'd totally play NM like that Train, it looks fuckawesome.

drkOne said:
Yeah, but I think Stall will be too ashamed to really post it. So we're safe.

And I'd totally play NM like that Train, it looks fuckawesome.

Not really. Once you go downstairs you can't see the walls or the floor. I mean, it's playable, but it's really fucking confusing.

vertopci

Stallion Free said:
If I had kept that demo and posted it, Vert and Nabs would never play with me again :(

That demo also contains your hardcore fail tank on map 1 :lol

So I think it is better for all of us if we forget that game was ever played.

drkOne

SundaySounds said:
Not really. Once you go downstairs you can't see the walls or the floor. I mean, it's playable, but it's really fucking confusing.
Aw, thought the walls would all be black/pink.

SundaySounds said:
Is there a better way to take in-game screenshots than to just print screen and then paste it in paint?
I think F5 will take a print and save it on your steamapps/left4dead2/screenshot folder.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
2:06 AM - vertopci: delete that demo
2:06 AM - vertopci: then empty it from the recycle bin
2:06 AM - vertopci: then take out your hard
2:06 AM - vertopci: set it on fire
2:06 AM - vertopci: and drop it into the ocean

vertopci

morningbus said:
God damn it. Now I'm gonna have to start recording the games.

And I'll have to start blackmailing you in case you record something like tonight!

I'll make sure you never get some Tuscan Milk ever again Morning. I don't want to do it, but I will if I have to

vertopci

No. Stallion already set his hard drive on fire and tossed it into the ocean. If you want to watch it, go fetch it from the Atlantic Ocean.

AcciDante

Does anyone have serious connection problems with the official servers on the 360 version? I haven't tried in around a month, but when I got the game, I could not get in a game without having a terrible, red connection. I play every other online game with no lag problems, but I can't connect to these servers without lag.

Is this a somewhat common problem, or am I doomed to not being able to play?

Volcynika

Fix for cheese spot in Dark Carnival finale coming soon, yay!

Does anyone have serious connection problems with the official servers on the 360 version? I haven't tried in around a month, but when I got the game, I could not get in a game without having a terrible, red connection. I play every other online game with no lag problems, but I can't connect to these servers without lag.

Is this a somewhat common problem, or am I doomed to not being able to play?

That's your issue. You must've not played since the update that fixed it for tons of people.

vazel

Banned
Anyone know of any servers that run this mod. Looks like running my own server on my home pc isn't panning out due to ping issues. Don't have the money to rent my own for $15 a month just yet.

Dogenzaka

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
Botolf and I are gonna try the No Mercy thingy if some other folks want to too.

The No Mercy thing? Whats' that? You mean playing No Mercy in L4d2? I'd be willing to help/try if you show me what to download.

Been playing L4D since March of last year, btw. And L4D2 since launch.

vertopci

GGs tonight. The second match ended up being totally one sided though :(

vazel said:
Anyone know of any servers that run this mod. Looks like running my own server on my home pc isn't panning out due to ping issues. Don't have the money to rent my own for $15 a month just yet.

vertopci said:
I have a server if you want to play with us.

Red Scarlet

Dogenzaka said:
The No Mercy thing? Whats' that? You mean playing No Mercy in L4d2? I'd be willing to help/try if you show me what to download.

This post has the link to what I grabbed, don't know if Botolf grabbed it from the same place or not:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19400996&postcount=6061

I freed up some friends list space if you want to try and play:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/bulleta

xero273

Dogenzaka said:

xero273 said:
yea, you need to download. I think this is the no mercy one.

http://l4donl4d2.shackbbs.com/L4D_Modified_Ports/nomercymodifiedv6_3.rar

I can't find link for death toll. Nabs, got a link for death toll?

Thanks.

Make sure you have the l4d2 add on support.

drkOne

vertopci said:
GGs tonight. The second match was ended up being totally one sided though :(
I was starting to get tired and losing concentration, Stall said he was tired too.
Still was fun.
And...
1z14d44.jpg

Boonoo was pulled from where I was by the way (Grenade Launcher spot).

Boonoo

^^
Ha, I flew all the way across the map! Then a hunter pounced me all the way down D:

GGs tonight. The second match ended up being totally one sided though :(

We can't compete with your raging hax!
This is a joke.

Top Bottom