• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Daigoro

Red Scarlet said:
I got some virus warning earlier today when I went to a thread here, hopefully I didn't get something. My scanners don't come up with anything.

uh. i did too. wtf?

it gave me some warning and then went to some page where it looked like it was scaning my drives for viruses. i exited out of firefox and restarted.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Okay, so how do I get your half of the 2,523.72? I'm splurging on this milk: "Includes live cow on front porch for the duration of milk delivery. May include sound of one or more "moo" noises. After deliver, I'll enter your home to bake you a delicious batch of chocolate chip cookies."

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Red Scarlet said:
Originally Posted by PillowKnight: said:
I got a virus shortly after clicking that first link. Dunno if it's a coincidence or not(the file played fine)

I got some virus warning earlier today when I went to a thread here, hopefully I didn't get something. My scanners don't come up with anything.I got some virus warning earlier today when I went to a thread here, hopefully I didn't get something. My scanners don't come up with anything.

Nabs said:
straight cash homey.

and i just got that virus scanning popup/redirect 3 times in the last minute

I just got the same thing in another thread. It is definitely an advertisement on NeoGAF.

Red Scarlet

Daigoro said:
uh. i did too. wtf?

it gave me some warning and then went to some page where it looked like it was scaning my drives for viruses. i exited out of firefox and restarted.

Yeah, that's exactly what happened to me..on page 2 of that 'why are these memes banned' thread. It went to some fake website page/do you want to scan? and I hit cancel, then ran my antivirus things then restarted.

Ahh, it just happened again right now, some AVPRO7 thing. wtf

Yeah, I got the redirect as well. It looked like my computer was being gangbanged by a rush of viruses but it was just an internet page...

I did start freaking out, though.

BTW, Red, what is the Tank's audio from? I love seeing a Tank in your games merely because it's fucking ridiculous :lol

mattalos

King of Awesome
Red Scarlet said:
Yeah, that's exactly what happened to me..on page 2 of that 'why are these memes banned' thread. It went to some fake website page/do you want to scan? and I hit cancel, then ran my antivirus things then restarted.

Ahh, it just happened again right now, some AVPRO7 thing. wtf
Seems like its happening to a lot of people - same thing to me earlier. Tried to download itself when I tried to leave the site. Restarted my comp and didn't find anything since. :(

Red Scarlet

dragonlife29 said:
Yeah, I got the redirect as well. It looked like my computer was being gangbanged by a rush of viruses but it was just an internet page...

I did start freaking out, though.

BTW, Red, what is the Tank's audio from? I love seeing a Tank in your games merely because it's fucking ridiculous :lol

The voice sounds? That's the tourettes guy tank sound pack from L4D1 I used. They changed some of the sounds around so I had to rename some other stuff to get it to work in 2 (still has some growls, but that's fine, since he now says stuff he never did in 1 like 'fuck the phone' for some rock throws).

I msg'd Evilore/administration about the virus thing.

vazel

Banned
So I got my own server running with this mod so I can get back into versus since I find vanilla versus easy. It's running on my home pc but pings are good, out of eight players everyone except one guy was in green. I know it's ideal to rent a server at a professional server farm or at least dedicate a 2nd home PC to the task but I think I can get by running it on my main pc. I have an e5200@3.5GHz + 4GB RAM. And fios is 3MB down, 2.5MB up.

xero273

at least that virus thing was narrowed down to gaf. Was getting the virus warning all the time yesterday at work. Had to run virus scans everytime.

Volcynika

Red Scarlet said:
Well, I saw the vid of the match with the illegal skip, and it wasn't what I posted, actually they do a shortcut at the start of the event to skip about the first 20% of the coaster.

I decided to try it, and it is very easy to do, except..

http://redscarlet.paragonsigma.com/L4D/coastershortcut.avi

Hopefully folks won't do that on vs a lot.

If a general user knows of the exploit/shortcut, they'll use it. (Unless you know them, then you can bitch them out about it.)

vertopci

xero273 said:
so cevo config RC2 is out. It says it removed the dark carnival 5 grenade launcher glitch. What glitch is this?

Grenade launchers are supposed to be removed, but there is one on DK5. Stallion actually picked it up on our game last night :lol

vazel said:
So I got my own server running with this mod so I can get back into versus since I find vanilla versus easy. It's running on my home pc but pings are good, out of eight players everyone except one guy was in green. I know it's ideal to rent a server at a professional server farm or at least dedicate a 2nd home PC to the task but I think I can get by running it on my main pc. I have an e5200@3.5GHz + 4GB RAM. And fios is 3MB down, 2.5MB up.

I have a server if you want to play with us.

vertopci said:
Make sure to grab some cheap milk as well: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00032G1S0/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Make sure to check the reviews on the milk too! It's top tier milk!

fvy3hz.png

wat

Hey guys was just reading through the left 4 dead page here but noticed people talking about a potential virus that looked like your drives were being scanned on another page.

This is akin to an annoying virus I got recently that's been spreading around apparently known as the security tools virus.

I highly recommend that all people reporting those virus issues download m-bam's anti-malware program and running a full scan since this virus installs a rootkit and the removal process is very delicate. (A mistake may require a reformat + windows reinstall).

I know this is a bit off-topic but I just don't want people to get screwed the same way I did. Whatever you do don't restart your computer before you run some anti malware checks.

Daigoro said:
yeah something bad is happening. my work PC is freaking the fuck out right now.

:/

Don't restart your computer. If you have any major problems, and the virus sounds at all similar to security tools (do a google search) then I may be able to provide some help. Many fixes are posted on google but it varies a fair amount among OSes I believe.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Sometimes I can get reasonably good matches, but lately I've been finding nothing but servers full of griefers and morons. Last night the first server I joined on versus had a side full of people who kept spamming the same comments repeatedly for minutes on end, as I suppose they'd set them to macros, and were just doing all sorts of other asinine things. We also had some guy on our team who felt the need to blast low quality music through his mic as much as possible. The next server I guess must have been hosted by a person because someone kept turning on cheats and spawning four witches or four tanks wherever we happened to be. I finally found a better server later on in the night, but that music guy joined it, though thankfully I was able to get him votekicked pretty early, as soon as he tried playing music again. This morning the first server I got to had a group of four people who I admit were pretty good, but they kept restarting the round every time. Since somebody on our side always inevitably ragequit, they could always stack the vote. As soon as we had a reasonably better turnout on our side and actually made it through both halves of a round, they then turned around and just TKed each other in the saferoom of the next round and THEN returned us to the lobby. I guess there's really no avoiding crap like this if you want to play public servers?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
vertopci said:
Grenade launchers are supposed to be removed, but there is one on DK5. Stallion actually picked it up on our game last night :lol

Yeah and I wasn't the one who made our team fail :lol

Btw, last night's game/post game chat with Vert has made me decide to start recording demos of the games we play, just in case crazy shit like last night happens. I play at least 90% of our games so I will probably have a shit ton. If you ever want to see one from a match you particularly enjoyed playing, just hit me up after.

Stallion Free said:
Yeah and I wasn't the one who made our team fail :lol

Btw, last night's game/post game chat with Vert has made me decide to start recording demos of the games we play, just in case crazy shit like last night happens. I play at least 90% of our games so I will probably have a shit ton. If you ever want to see one from a match you particularly enjoyed playing, just hit me up after.

how exactly does one do this?

Nabs

type: record name of file (in console)

you can play it back by typing:

demo name of file

type: demoui to be able to skip through it.

it's a pretty small file.

Nabs

No Mercy & Death Toll seem to work in L4D2 now. The modders added stuff too, like director closing paths and extra alarm cars. I think vert is setting up his server to include these, so talk to him if you want more info.

sw3ac3.jpg

qsp1n5.jpg

295ffoj.jpg

69qcdj.jpg

14m839d.jpg

xero273

wonder if they have new crescendo events in these. According to the team that did this, they were aiming to put in new crescendo events.

Boonoo

I think the old crescendos could be pretty fun with the added element of spitter and charger. New ones would be nice to see, though.

xero273

Stallion Free said:
Yo Xero, what's your Steam name? Would you be down to try the remakes with us?

If we can finish by mignight then sure. I got work tomorrow morning. steam name is
an0ther. Just tried the 1st map of NM, so many cars with alarm in my way.

Top Bottom