• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Red Scarlet

Is it too late?

:lol :lol that Tank fight was over 3 minutes. I have to make a vid of that. So many tales, epic rocks, corpse robbing, "oh hai Tank" (I don't think I even noticed him next to me 2x in a row), and a meat shield, too. I really thought you'd have "invincibility" when you got revived/the rock wouldn't do damage, Vol. :(

drkOne

Red Scarlet said:
Hooray, Vol, d, and xero all made it on the boat! We got to the end of HR2 each try but one, and got it on about the 5th.
We could have done it on first try if I didn't go...
"Door!... Oh wait, that'll probably take too long and the charger will get me. Yes, I'll just break the window and jump through it, then I'll be safe!"
And... I totally failed at breaking the window...
But it was fun, I thought Expert on L4D2 was much harder than L4D1, but other than HR2 it went well.

123rl

Me and a friend finished Dark Carnival on Expert last night. Happy times :D We've been trying for a week and kept getting stuck at the rollercoaster...then it was the alley at the end of the next level...then it was the finale itself. It took us 3 hours to finish it. Holy shit that ending was fucking difficult!!

123rl said:
Me and a friend finished Dark Carnival on Expert last night. Happy times :D We've been trying for a week and kept getting stuck at the rollercoaster...then it was the alley at the end of the next level...then it was the finale itself. It took us 3 hours to finish it. Holy shit that ending was fucking difficult!!
I finished Dead Center, Dark Carnival and Swamp Fever on expert last night :D Some really close calls, and we restarted only once. I had the most awesome friends game. Got the achievements for those campaigns and also got a few goofy ones. Also I didn't know you could skip Swamp Fever's airplane horde event (forgot which level). Learned new things on the way. For the life of me, I could never finish dark carnival and dead center maps on expert in pub games. Tonight, I'll get achievements for Parish and Hard Rain (which is apparently the hardest of the lot)
capturevn.jpg

:cool

xero273

RustyNails said:
I finished Dead Center, Dark Carnival and Swamp Fever on expert last night :D Some really close calls, and we restarted only once. I had the most awesome friends game. Got the achievements for those campaigns and also got a few goofy ones. Also I didn't know you could skip Swamp Fever's airplane horde event (forgot which level). Learned new things on the way. For the life of me, I could never finish dark carnival and dead center maps on expert in pub games. Tonight, I'll get achievements for Parish and Hard Rain (which is apparently the hardest of the lot)
:cool

HR2 is pretty much the hardest for that campaign. Everything else after that should be easy

syllogism

This is pretty cool, though they already did this for Dead Before Dawn team

Chet Faliszek posted:

We are going in to the studio to record the characters for L4D2's new DLC "The Passing." In these sessions we might have some extra time. So I thought instead of just everyone going home early, we could grab some audio for the community. I need requests in as soon as you can and I can't guarantee anything as we may not be able to get to all requests.

But that said, if you are currently working on a project and would like some custom audio for your campaign email me directly at chetf@valvesoftware.com with the request.

The rules.
It needs to be for an active project, so include your project name and a link to the project page. It can be a work in progress.
You need to specify the character (any of the 8) and the line or general speech opportunity you want.
It cannot contain trademarks, profanity not currently in the game, talk of sexual nature, talk outside of the character's nature etc.

For example.

Francis cannot say, "I hate iPods"
But he can say, "I hate mp3 players."

Audio will not be returned until after "The Passing" DLC is released (we need to wait on localization etc) but I will inform you before then if we were able to record it.

We are limited in space and sessions start VERY soon (we only know we have space now because we are about to start recording, Nick may already be too late to record but we can try), so get your request in now.

Thanks,

Chet

vertopci

You guys need to use mumble with L4D2. The positional audio plugin is fucking amazing :lol

Unless you have Stallion Free playing with you. Then that bitch talks shit as soon as he gets far away from you!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
vertopci said:
You guys need to use mumble with L4D2. The positional audio plugin is fucking amazing :lol

Unless you have Stallion Free playing with you. Then that bitch talks shit as soon as he gets far away from you!

:lol With your settings Vert, you are always "far away" from me thus trash talking is very easy.

vertopci

Stallion Free said:
:lol With your settings Vert, you are always "far away" from me thus trash talking is very easy.

I don't use your pussy ass settings! I use the settings a real man should! But I guess you wouldn't know about that would you!?!

Nabs

vertopci said:

mumble is pretty crazy. we're still messing with the settings, but it sounds pretty good so far. we need to figure out a way to handle playing as infected tho... right now we're just huddling up to come up with a plan............

some video i recorded:

(note: panda bear had some trouble, so his positional audio wasn't functioning properly. also, watch with headphones.)
HR4 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=99UUO3X7
HR3 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DBEFRNR1

Stallion Free said:

all he has to do is turn around and he wont be able to hear us :lol

during a pause: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C110W6Q9

K.Sabot said:
So I've owned this game a month and I've yet to finish a full campaign, that's how pathetic pub online is for this.
I just got the game yesterday but as expected the pub scene is just as bad as in the first one :lol .

afternoon delight said:
That's interesting, because we've had it for a two weeks now and have beat three campaigns on advances with randoms.
I just tried a random vs and I couldn't finish that one either (server restart by the people operating the server because they were losing - see below).

Funny thing is the people who are complaining about "those damn rage quitters" (when they are on the winning team) end up quitting (or in this case resetting the server) when they are losing - fucking pathetic :lol .

Need to hook me up with a few GAFers again.

Mar

My friends and I spent about 3 hours on the one level in Hard Rain alone the other day. We still can't make it further than the corn field.

Any other tips besides 'stay high'? That tip doesn't even seem useful considering most of the level there is no 'high'.

The witches aren't a problem. The things that seem to get us are the random waves of specials the AI director throws at us. Just as we are all doing well it seems like it throws everything at us, every damn thing other than a tank.

The only other level we've has as much trouble on was the bridge level. But that turned into easy mode once we learned you just run at full speed and don't stop. I assume this Hard Rain level will turn easy too as soon as we know the trick.

There is a trick right?

xero273

Mar_ said:
My friends and I spent about 3 hours on the one level in Hard Rain alone the other day. We still can't make it further than the corn field.

Any other tips besides 'stay high'? That tip doesn't even seem useful considering most of the level there is no 'high'.

The witches aren't a problem. The things that seem to get us are the random waves of specials the AI director throws at us. Just as we are all doing well it seems like it throws everything at us, every damn thing other than a tank.

The only other level we've has as much trouble on was the bridge level. But that turned into easy mode once we learned you just run at full speed and don't stop. I assume this Hard Rain level will turn easy too as soon as we know the trick.

There is a trick right?

Don't think there are any tricks. Probably a lot of luck involved though. Only thing I can say is if there is horde coming, don't be out in the open. Use a pipe if you have to when a horde comes. When you get to the field use pipes and just run for SR. You just need 1 person to make it in SR.

Regarding Left4Dead's Game Info window, any idea what the number in the 'score' column refers to? I've seen numbers as high as 8 and as low as -3, yet can't unravel its mystery.

marvelharvey said:
Regarding Left4Dead's Game Info window, any idea what the number in the 'score' column refers to? I've seen numbers as high as 8 and as low as -3, yet can't unravel its mystery.

I've been curious about that since L4D came out. I never figured it out. :lol

A little bit of google searching and all I could find is a gamefaqs post where someone claims it's the number of times you've killed a SI. Sounds reasonable, but not sure what the negative numbers would mean.

Boonoo

BuddhaRockstar said:
A little bit of google searching and all I could find is a gamefaqs post where someone claims it's the number of times you've killed a SI. Sounds reasonable, but not sure what the negative numbers would mean.

Number of times incapped maybe?

Thanks nabs, but I don't know if it's a problem with the video, or something on my end, but there's only sound.

Although that actually makes it way better, with the jockey's little monkey screams in the background of all you guys screaming.

The original worked in VLC, I was trying to run it in windows media player.

I wondered what happened when I was about to grab Nick, I got melee'd at the last second :(

I can't remember who that was but that was an epic charge too- for never having played with anyone but Midnight I was amazed at our coordination(luck).

Edit- 2nd one works on WMP btw.

Red Scarlet

Monster capturing/farming Dark Matter from Dark Yojimbo is really boring, so if you guys have any demo files, hook me up; I just watch them on my comp next to my game screen to slog through less annoyingly.

vertopci

Red Scarlet said:
Monster capturing/farming Dark Matter from Dark Yojimbo is really boring, so if you guys have any demo files, hook me up; I just watch them on my comp next to my game screen to slog through less annoyingly.

Kinda like that whole game :p

Don't ban me for trolling ffx again :(

SundaySounds said:
Seriously, though. Who the fuck was that guy?

I had someone coming for you guys, but you guys decided to play with him for whatever reason :lol

Red Scarlet

vertopci said:
Kinda like that whole game :p

Don't ban me for trolling ffx again :(

I had someone coming for you guys, but you guys decided to play with him for whatever reason :lol

It's kinda funny, I looked it up a couple weeks ago and
I never banned you for trolling FF10 actually

Red Scarlet

Was for something else, hohoho. I think you told someone to "fuck off dickhead" or something. Oh, something in the SFHD thread.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So we just did a practice game in Vanilla and survived every map up to the finale where we got 9 of 13 cans in because the game crashed on me. The other team didn't survive once. There weren't even tanks in 2 of the maps :lol

vertopci

Stallion Free said:
So we just did a practice game in Vanilla and survived every map up to the finale where we got 9 of 13 cans in because the game crashed on me. The other team didn't survive once. There weren't even tanks in 2 of the maps :lol

I wasn't even taking that match seriously :lol I honestly don't get how they didn't survive a single map with the millions of kits that spawned :lol

Shoogoo

Could anybody link me to the thread on steam which was comparating every weapons? I can't search this thread for some reason.

Top Bottom