• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Blizzard

Banned
Twig said:
Also if anyone would like to invite me to games, I would be so pleased! ^_~

I don't even care what we play - L4D, L4D2, campaign, versus, survival, scavenge, mutation - I just wanna play. I haven't in a while. And I miss it. (TF2 may still conflict, because fuck do I love that game, but that's beside the point.)
You can play with me, Twig. I heard I'm awesome to play with!

Unfortunately I shouldn't start games past 10 p.m. on weeknights, so choose your times wisely.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
MollyMillions said:
While this may be true to a degree, every girl I know who plays l4d (myself included) prefers Zoey to any of the other survivors (although I'm obviously stuck with Rochelle for the time being), so she is fulfilling a more useful purpose than just fap material for whatever imaginary nerd you're denigrating.

I'm not stuck with anyone cause I like all the survivors. Also you'd be surprised how many girls pick Nick =|

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
DaFish said:
edit: WTF is going on in your avi Vert? well... the Charger one anyway
Those goddamn bastards blocked the saferoom door with a garbage can and then when they hid like pussies back in the saferoom area from a tank, I spawned as charger in the saferoom and got stuck on the garbage can :(

DaFish

Stallion Free said:
Those goddamn bastards blocked the saferoom door with a garbage can and then when they hid like pussies back in the saferoom area from a tank, I spawned as charger in the saferoom and got stuck on the garbage can :(
lol wut....

owlbeak

So...I am trying to play this on PC again, but both L4D1 and L4D2 show almost ZERO games of any kind when I search for them?

My region for Steam is set to Washington, DC. For VS games, I'm lucky if I find 2 lobbies. Scavenge is the same, and mutations have a handful more, but that's like 5 lobbies. Yet it says there are 10,000+ players online...

WTF?

Blizzard

Banned
I've played a couple more games of Follow the Liter since it came back. I think it seems like a better version of scavenge, so that I'd almost not mind if it replaced it (which would probably never happen). I feel like the 1-3 cans at a time mechanism is nice for letting infected set up and makes coordination easier for them.

Anyone else have any thoughts from playing it?

Volcynika

Blog

Week 22
September 17, 2010 - L4D Team

Healthpackalypse, This or That?, The Comic should come in what form?

Healthpackalypse!
No health in this versus game.

Grind down the Survivors and don’t worry about them bouncing back. With no Health kits in Versus, their permanent health is on a one way ride to zero.

This or That?
For the new DLC for Left 4 Dead 1 and Left 4 Dead 2, “The Sacrifice” we have a Comic, Teaser movie and of course the game. Do you prefer to get a more in depth preview through the comic? Watch the teaser? Wait for the game? Or All of the above?

Here are the votes by platform.

Xbox 360
38% All of the above
33% Watch the Teaser
21% Wait for the game
8% Read the Comic

PC
31% Watch the Teaser
30% All of the above
25% Wait for the game
14% Read the Comic

What Form?
We released the Comic on the web last week. Another issues is coming out on Monday. Besides being released on the web, are there other formats you would like to see?

Next week's mutation: Developer’s Choice!

Also featured community map is City 17.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Well the first 2 campaigns were pretty terrible in comparison to I Hate Mountains (the bar with which I measure L4D custom content), but what the hell I'll try this too.

MoFuzz

Stallion Free said:
Well the first 2 campaigns were pretty terrible in comparison to I Hate Mountains (the bar with which I measure L4D custom content), but what the hell I'll try this too.
It's a solid campaign. Nothing too unexpcted if you've played HL2:episode 1 as it literally rips entire sections from that game. Still fun though, and worth trying.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Stallion Free said:

City 17 is pretty boss for coop. 2 evil eyes and Detour Ahead are blah in comparison.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
The Passing is on sale today on Xbox Live. Worth getting do you think? I'm not a big player of the game (I'm actually more interested in the story, what there is of it. :lol ).

andycapps

luxarific said:
The Passing is on sale today on Xbox Live. Worth getting do you think? I'm not a big player of the game (I'm actually more interested in the story, what there is of it. :lol ).

I don't know how much it is, but if it's less than $5 it's probably worth it so long as you're into the game or the story.

Is this game finally coming to Mac with The Sacrifice? Trying to get a friend of mine to get this and he only has an iMac, no bootcamp on it.

andycapps said:
I don't know how much it is, but if it's less than $5 it's probably worth it so long as you're into the game or the story.

Is this game finally coming to Mac with The Sacrifice? Trying to get a friend of mine to get this and he only has an iMac, no bootcamp on it.
Yes, October 5.

Nymerio

Just bought the 4 pack on Steam, are there any good sites for addon campaigns or mods? Any recommended user content? Anything else I should know? I only ever played the first game and haven't even finished alle the chapters there...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I actually enjoyed this weeks custom campaign. It straight rips the entire second half of Episode One and puts it into L4D form. There are some slight architectural tweaks, but I don't think a single room was removed. The lighting was a little rough around the edges as was some of the tweaking, but Valve's level design translated very well.

andycapps

The_Technomancer said:
I play just fine on a 2009 model Macbook Pro. They should be alright.

Cool, just making sure. I don't know the state of iMac's and whether they had an integrated GPU or dedicated. I haven't played L4D2 in forever so I'm hoping I can get him to do this. He's mainly a console player.

Twig

Banned
Man, I am really loving these comics. Good cheesy zombie fun, Valve style. Don't get the hate! But then, I never do when it comes to the internet. :D

Baha

I think they've finally hit their stride with these comics, already chuckled at some of the Louis/Francis banter so far.

MNC

YOU LEFT OUT THE MOST IMPORTANT PART

AKA

"IMO"

I'm just not digging this style. The characters often look pretty misshapen.

vazel

Banned
Haha at why their rescuers become infected. And wandering witch in L4D1, those soldiers were lucky they're impossible to aggro. I'm enjoying these comics they're fun.

I believe next week the L4D survivors are going to meet their first L4D2 special infected, if not all of them.

I expect them to think Charger is a Tank at first, while they're horrified at Spitter at disgusted at Jockey. It's also fair to say that those SI are the result of a new mutation in the virus that only happened recently.

I also expect the L4D SI to start taking their L4D2 forms next week. If you notice, part 1's Smoker looked like L4D's smoker and not L4D2's smoker, meaning that L4D2's Smoker looks that way because the virus has continued to evolve.

The boomer and witch are too similar in style in both games, but Tank also had his L4D appearence (hair is a give away).

Blizzard

Banned
RocketDarkness said:
Goddamn, that sucks.
Zoey killed her dad even though he was probably immune.
=(
Yeah, that is sad. :( I STILL LOVE YOU
ZOEY

Silly question, what does tango mike stand for? Whisky delta for
walking dead
, they called out, but I guess I'm too dense to guess the other. :lol

Top Bottom