• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

drkOne said:
You picked RD over me to play Dead Rising 2 with, so I don't love you anymore Stall ; ;
Doesn't DR2 have some sort of 4-player competitive mode? We can all take turns co-oping with each other, and then play the competitive mode for laughs.

Man, there's too many games coming out at this time of year. Metroid, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy XIV, Dead Rising...and I still have L4D2 and TF2 busy being evergreen titles.

Volcynika

RocketDarkness said:
Doesn't DR2 have some sort of 4-player competitive mode? We can all take turns co-oping with each other, and then play the competitive mode for laughs.

Man, there's too many games coming out at this time of year. Metroid, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy XIV, Dead Rising...and I still have L4D2 and TF2 busy being evergreen titles.

Hey I'm getting DR2 as well, I wanna play! Also I hope the comic parts for L4D2 start releasing soon.

Blizzard

Banned
morningbus said:
Your consistent mischaracterizations of vert and Stallion haven't been explained away to my satisfaction (as you can only get so many details wrong until you're intentionally changing events to meet your own needs). But we'll have to agree to disagree on that.

Other than that, the other elements of the terms of service don't apply to you. However, you have broken GAF codes of conduct (which may or may not be explicitly outlined) by posting private material about other Gaffers on GAF without provocation (vert gets a pass because he was providing context you had otherwise misremembered). You've also made an effort to continually hound people in this thread and others.

You also got random people in the Team Fortress 2 thread talking shit about vert, a person they've never met. But that isn't necessarily a broken code of conduct, that's just obnoxious.

However, I'm not asking for you to be banned or anything, because they can otherwise be honest, if somewhat rude, mistakes. If we were lesser people we would be bringing up your failings at the drop of a hat in an effort to get you banned - but we don't.

Instead, I'm just asking you to relax and leave us alone. With that, I'm done.

I apologize profusely for what others in this thread have had to read.
I already offered to discuss in PM instead of in the forum, multiple times, I believe. Thank you for backing off on the TOS accusations. If you or anyone else has further complaints or questions, please PM me.

Other than that, I am going to avoid bringing up the things from the past in this thread since they have been acknowledged and discussed. If I play with you in the future I will not post mumble screenshots without permission. I will also try not to apologize as much. I may leave if I play with someone and there are homophobic slurs or my own friends get insulted, but that's about it. I don't mind if someone wants to insult me or give me a hard time. I also apologize for taking up so much space in the thread with this discussion.

So...how about that Left 4 Dead 2 game huh. I finally played through the swamp campaign in singleplayer, and that was possibly one of the most atmospheric parts I have seen. It was almost unpleasantly claustrophobic, and it really reminded me of the Okefenokee swamp -- a very interesting place to visit if you ever have the chance.

Nabs

no but it was hackish as hell. i scaled an invisible wall as hunter, and just pounced as they were waiting on the roof (hard rain 5). =\

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Sounds like bullshit to me!

Hunter pounces me from up in the sky, Spitter spits, Hunter is knocked off, my character attempts to get up, for some reason FALLS BACK DOWN AGAIN, starts to get back up, then is incapped by the Spitter's spit.

There may have been a Charger in there, somewhere. I forget. I was too consumed with rage.

Diebuster

I don't know if it's a GAFfer who got their account hacked, but just as a heads up, I received this from 'gagom' in Omzom:

2lj6lg2.jpg

Nabs

morningbus said:

Hunter pounces me from up in the sky, Spitter spits, Hunter is knocked off, my character attempts to get up, for some reason FALLS BACK DOWN AGAIN, starts to get back up, then is incapped by the Spitter's spit.

There may have been a Charger in there, somewhere. I forget. I was too consumed with rage.
vert felt really bad about that one. your character just gave up on life for no reason.

drkOne

morningbus said:

Me and Nabs got you at the same time (I was Charger and he was Hunter). The animation for me was the Charger landing, proceeded to get killed, you got up once, down again, and incapped by spit while getting up the 2nd time.

And yeah, grats on the pounce Nabs! I thought vert's server would once again steal the damage as it did to me…
Though, I might have figured out why… I happened to bunny hop the pounce, on a roof right on top of you guys. It's possible that confogl is modded so it counts from where the jump is made, instead of how vanilla counts from where the pounce is started.
It does sound stupid that confogl out of anything would "block" such things. And if it wasn't a bug and it's intentional, I'm boycotting confogl.

vertopci

drkOne said:
Me and Nabs got you at the same time (I was Charger and he was Hunter). The animation for me was the Charger landing, proceeded to get killed, you got up once, down again, and incapped by spit while getting up the 2nd time.

And yeah, grats on the pounce Nabs! I thought vert's server would once again steal the damage as it did to me…
Though, I might have figured out why… I happened to bunny hop the pounce, on a roof right on top of you guys. It's possible that confogl is modded so it counts from where the jump is made, instead of how vanilla counts from where the pounce is started.
It does sound stupid that confogl out of anything would "block" such things. And if it wasn't a bug and it's intentional, I'm boycotting confogl.

Confogl doesn't do that. But maybe L4D2 itself resets distance when you bunny hop.

Dude d, you were like half the map away. You totally missed that pounce!

MoFuzz

drkOne said:
And if it wasn't a bug and it's intentional, I'm boycotting confogl.
Start a Steam group, I will get my friends to join and together we will send them a message bro.

Nice pounce Nabs! I missed the actual event, but enjoyed the ensuing hilarity. Vazel got a 25 dmg pounce on me too, on the first map no less =(

drkOne

vertopci said:
Confogl doesn't do that. But maybe L4D2 itself resets distance when you bunny hop.

Dude d, you were like half the map away. You totally missed that pounce!
Nah dude, your server sucks at math that's what!

I don't think you guys would like me playing with me, I like to have a bit of a laugh when I'm playing, and basically disregard my score. Not that I grief, but every now and the i'll find a random in a pub who 'gets' me and will shout back lines from films I scream or who'll actually help me kill the witch after she's started attacking me because I repeatedly flashed the flashlight in her face. Or like sometimes if someone's down right near the safe house and its all quiet i'll just run away yelling "there's no time, we gotta go!" I will actually go back and rev them, but often another horde has come by then and we remaining few have to defend the body. It's immersive, I really feel like I'm there.

Botolf said:
So you're the player equivalent of the Death Toll church guy? :lol
Look man, someone has to throw a grenade at the car alarm. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly imagine.

Sibylus

Banned
Kaltagesta said:
Look man, someone has to throw a grenade at the car alarm. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly imagine.
Fair enough. All I know is that on Expert or Realism, my team hardly needs the help to get into trouble :lol

drkOne

I actually went like "They're going to attack upstairs, they must have a Charger… vert's too obvious" on Mumble, after seeing you guys not attacking near the fence.
But wasn't fast enough to explain where the Charger would come from :(
CHEAP ATTACKS

Volcynika

Tried the featured community map, Detour Ahead. It had some neat ideas but it was fucking long and very difficult at points. Finale was kinda interesting, pulled a Hard Rain-esque thing for the finale. Still interesting though.

Volcynika

New blog

http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=4334

Follow the Liter, Favorite Survivor, Whose back story?

Follow the Liter
Scavenge One Can at a Time.

Week 3’s Mutation did not win over the crowds, but we think that’s because it was misunderstood. It has a very different feeling than Scavenge and games tend to be much lower scoring. You have to remember, if their can goes up in flames – they have to wait for it to respawn. So get that can on the ground and use the Spitter to light it up!

For the month of September we will continue bringing back previous Mutations and explain why we think you should give them a chance. So if you missed them the first time, give them a chance. It won’t hurt. Probably…

Favorite Survivors
The PC crowd continues to love Zoey. The polls were pretty much identical except for the top two. xBox 360 users prefer Ellis then Zoey for their top picks. PC users prefer Zoey and then Ellis. Last week Bill (3rd place in this week’s poll) was ranked ahead of Zoey in the 360 poll and behind Zoey in the PC poll. I think PC players are sweet on somebody…

This or that?
For the new DLC for Left 4 Dead 1 and Left 4 Dead 2, “The Sacrifice” we have a Comic, Teaser movie and of course the game. Do you prefer to get a more in depth preview through the comic? Watch the teaser? Wait for the game? Or All of the above?

Next week's Mutation: Developer's Choice

Blizzard

Banned
Yay, <3 Zoey.

I may have to give follow the liter a shot again -- I liked that modification. It seemed like an interesting way to make scavenge a bit competitive and strategic since the infected team can set up around the gas can, but it's been a long time since I played it so my memory may be fuzzed. I can't remember if one team could get screwed over by getting a different initial can spawn, or if it happened in the same place.

Branduil said:
Awesome, so we're basically going to be given all the worst mutations through september.
Why, which mutation is next?

Pinzer

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone else get an unusually high ping in this game? I range from 150-400 no matter if its official dedicated or best available. It gets to the point where its game-breaking. I don't lag like this in any other game.

MollyMillions

Neo Member
HK-47 said:
Zoey continues in her role as a nerd fantasy.

While this may be true to a degree, every girl I know who plays l4d (myself included) prefers Zoey to any of the other survivors (although I'm obviously stuck with Rochelle for the time being), so she is fulfilling a more useful purpose than just fap material for whatever imaginary nerd you're denigrating.

Twig

Banned
srenity said:
LOVED it!

I knew something would happen in the bathroom scene :p It reminded me of one of the tips from Zombieland
That was a great movie. Saw it for the first time a couple months ago.

Also I just accidentally read all the drama at the top of this page.

hahahahahaha

Twig

Banned
Also if anyone would like to invite me to games, I would be so pleased! ^_~

I don't even care what we play - L4D, L4D2, campaign, versus, survival, scavenge, mutation - I just wanna play. I haven't in a while. And I miss it. (TF2 may still conflict, because fuck do I love that game, but that's beside the point.)

Top Bottom