• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

derFeef

vertopci said:
Lets play some L4D1 and L4D2 tonight! Fuck yea!
Mods are server based, not client based so you have nothing to worry about.
Except that mac! Ba dum tish!
I guess he means custom campaigns.

MoFuzz

_Bro said:
I had no idea I was going to have this computer or else I would have.

It sounds good enough but I'm pretty sure the mac doesn't work with mods yets. So I guess that means I'd need to play vanilla servers and it sounds like those don't really exist anymore.

Maybe I'll find a copy of XP around here and I can just bootcamp.
There are tons and tons of official valve servers hosting all types of gameplay, co-op, versus, scavenger. Finding a server with good ping is absolutely not an issue with this game. I just meant for the really hardcore competitive versus crowd, they use mods, but there's still a very active pub community that plays the vanilla game in all modes.
Mostly nubs and assholes though.

You're better off in terms of performance using boot camp regardless. Mac GPU drivers are a little undercooked to say the least.

This may be a stupid question, but is it even possible to win "The Sacrifice" in single player?

If not, why even have a single player mode for it?

srenity

Neo Member
NullPointer said:
This may be a stupid question, but is it even possible to win "The Sacrifice" in single player?

You have to be the sacrifice, but anyone is free to correct me because I'm not 100% sure about it.

_Bro

Banned
Thanks for the help, guys. It's like I'm stepping into a new world of gaming... through a mac.

Still beats my Toshiba Satellite that stutters on Minecraft.

Any good suggestions for custom campaigns, actually? Just found a XP disc and I'm going to run Boot Camp.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
NullPointer said:

You always have to be the person making the sacrifice in singleplayer, it can be frustrating when the AI doesn't do shit, and when you turn on the thing it wins the campaign and shows the ghetto ass cutscene.

Stallion Free said:
You always have to be the person making the sacrifice in singleplayer, it can be frustrating when the AI doesn't do shit, and when you turn on the thing it wins the campaign and shows the ghetto ass cutscene.
I guess I must have messed up trying to sacrifice myself then. I activated the generator, was immediately downed by some unknown cosmic force... fade to black... respawned back at the previous safehouse.

Will give it another shot.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
NullPointer said:
I guess I must have messed up trying to sacrifice myself then. I activated the generator, was immediately downed by some unknown cosmic force... fade to black... respawned back at the previous safehouse.

Will give it another shot.
Yeah, that must have been a glitch or something just straight up broke.

_Bro

Banned
Community for this game sucks. I've never seen so much rage over zombies.

However, game is ridiculously fun for being so simple. I'll have more friends to play with tonight so if anybody wants to get a versus game started, let me know and maybe it'll work out.

_Bro said:

However, game is ridiculously fun for being so simple. I'll have more friends to play with tonight so if anybody wants to get a versus game started, let me know and maybe it'll work out.

I put close to 300 hours into Left 4 Dead 1, and now I almost never play either game because it's too hard to get through a campaign without everyone rage quitting.

vertopci

Versus game tonight with a working tank picker! I tested it earlier today and it works without crashing the server! Be here!

_Bro said:

If you're on PC, I wouldn't mind playing you and your friends. Just as long as its not on vanilla settings; kits are fucking annoying

_Bro

Banned
vertopci said:
Versus game tonight with a working tank picker! I tested it earlier today and it works without crashing the server! Be here!

If you're on PC, I wouldn't mind playing you and your friends. Just as long as its not on vanilla settings; kits are fucking annoying
Oh, well we kind of do vanilla only just because none of us have played the game before. We also don't know any of the maps and would only be playing for fun.

Losing is kind of cool right now.

vertopci said:
kits are fucking annoying
<3 I'm luckily that 99% of all servers here in Japan are Confogl. I'm even finding pills to be of an annoyance now.

What's this tank picker? Can you choose at which point to spawn the tank?

vertopci

marvelharvey said:
<3 I'm luckily that 99% of all servers here in Japan are Confogl. I'm even finding pills to be of an annoyance now.

What's this tank picker? Can you choose at which point to spawn the tank?

Yup. Both teams choose where they want their tank to spawn before readying up. It's pretty awesome.

Raggy

Banned
vertopci said:
If anyone wants to play VS tonight and has never played with us before, download and install Mumble :D

I would love to play with you guys, but you are US based, and your evenings are way past bed time hehe :p

Finally found a good team to finish expert realism yesterday. And what a blast it was. WHAT a difference competent players make. It was easier to finish this than normal with 3 mediocre players.

Need suggestion on how to get the melee achivement. I guess the one doing the achivement goes melee only, while rest uses guns? Getting all players the achivement at once sounds a bit difficult.

vertopci

marvelharvey said:
Oh that sounds awesome, I'm up for some tank picking (even with 300 ping!).

I'll throw you an invite if I see you online when we start up the game :D

Make sure you have mumble installed!

ameratsu

Need suggestion on how to get the melee achivement. I guess the one doing the achivement goes melee only, while rest uses guns? Getting all players the achivement at once sounds a bit difficult.

I did this in single player, easy difficulty, on dead center. The AI teammates will all use guns and eventually help you out. Just rush through the campaign, shouldn't be too hard. Just remember to not use your gun even if you are incapped.

_Bro

Banned
Hell yeah! I was on early and it was just rage central. Ended up getting farther on the finale with a bot than the other team did with a full group. Brought us up to a close victory.

So this add on you and people on SA are talking about... how many people play it? I'm interested in Tank spawning like an asshole.

vertopci

_Bro said:
Hell yeah! I was on early and it was just rage central. Ended up getting farther on the finale with a bot than the other team did with a full group. Brought us up to a close victory.

So this add on you and people on SA are talking about... how many people play it? I'm interested in Tank spawning like an asshole.

Add me on steam (http://steamcommunity.com/id/vertopci/) and install mumble and I'll send you an invite whenever we play.

Raggy

Banned
vertopci said:
Anyone else besides me and my friends still play versus on PC?

I find playing the infected insane boring, so boring waiting to re-spawn. Then again never played with a good team.

This week(?) mutation is incredible booring and easy. Just jockey's? comeon!

I've started playing VS again. Too bad my regular group kind of fell apart, so I mostly play against pubs. Still lots of fun, when you can get a regular game.

Raggy said:
I find playing the infected insane boring, so boring waiting to re-spawn. Then again never played with a good team.

Hehe, I tend to browse GAF in between spawns :D

Safe Bet

Banned
Raggy said:
I find playing the infected insane boring, so boring waiting to re-spawn.
I'm the opposite.

I prefer playing infected. It's a nice break from the campaign's FPS gameplay.

Teamwork and coordinating attacks makes a big difference.

Downloaded and played The Passing on 360 thanks to the sale (as well as Crash Course for L4D1). Wow, I forgot how terrifying these games are, I played solo on Advanced so I was forced to lead the way.

Going down into the sewers for The Passing was soooo awesome. Luckily I had a katana blade and was able to slice my way through the tunnels. Nick was incapped but I just left him, figured the saferoom was close and it wasn't too far away. Playing these makes me want The Sacrifice DLC, is it recommended to get for L4D2 rather than 1? I assume if you get it for L4D1 you don't get the special infected from 2 or melee weapons

kai3345

Banned
so what the fuck, I went to the server browser for the PC version and it literally detected only TWO games.

Do people seriously not play this anymore?

_Bro

Banned
OmegaDragon said:
I've started playing VS again. Too bad my regular group kind of fell apart, so I mostly play against pubs. Still lots of fun, when you can get a regular game.
Yup. I played a game yesterday where my entire team would just attack 1 by 1 on the survivors and whenever I suggested something they just would call me a pub.

Then I played game later and had some of dull dregs of 4chan being unoriginal and spamming "U MAD BRO?" and "fail troll isn't funny" for about half the game until we took a hard lead and they decided to jump off the ledge and vote kick people out. Really wasn't as exciting as they were making it out to be.

Gryphter said:
Downloaded and played The Passing on 360 thanks to the sale (as well as Crash Course for L4D1). Wow, I forgot how terrifying these games are, I played solo on Advanced so I was forced to lead the way.

Going down into the sewers for The Passing was soooo awesome. Luckily I had a katana blade and was able to slice my way through the tunnels. Nick was incapped but I just left him, figured the saferoom was close and it wasn't too far away. Playing these makes me want The Sacrifice DLC, is it recommended to get for L4D2 rather than 1? I assume if you get it for L4D1 you don't get the special infected from 2 or melee weapons
Don't worry about the DLC, get a PC. $20 and I already have more content than you. I've also played with the best of ragers.

_Bro said:
Don't worry about the DLC, get a PC. $20 and I already have more content than you. I've also played with the best of ragers.

My PC is terrible. Getting a new one is on my list of things to do
before the year 2020 :*(

I am going to play campaign with my brother the coming few days (at least we plan to), first time playing for him. I was wondering if there were any gaffers who haven't/hardly played the game, who would like to join us. Or anyone else who would like to play some campaign games. More people is always more fun, but I don't want to have a pubber ruin our game.

We'll play in the evening, Euro time. If anyone wants to join us, add me on steam.

_Bro

Banned
Gryphter said:
My PC is terrible. Getting a new one is on my list of things to do
before the year 2020 :*(
Dude, pony up. You and I could be playing L4D2 together, entering No Mercy versus games and combo'ing an entire scene of Adventure Time on a wall through tags.

We could be next gen graffiti artists.

OmegaDragon said:
I am going to play campaign with my brother the coming few days (at least we plan to), first time playing for him. I was wondering if there were any gaffers who haven't/hardly played the game, who would like to join us. Or anyone else who would like to play some campaign games. More people is always more fun, but I don't want to have a pubber ruin our game.

We'll play in the evening, Euro time. If anyone wants to join us, add me on steam.

Tried to add you but you are already in my friends list. : ) I've only played up to Dark Carnival so far.

Top Bottom