• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
So i have just been told l4d2 is sort of bombing on xbox

Am i being had?

Amir0x

Banned
Mr Cola said:

Am i being had?

bombing how?

If you mean bombing, as in, the official dedicated servers might as well not even exist since they don't work for shit, then sure.

If you mean bombing as in not selling well, LOLOL.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Amir0x said:
bombing how?

If you mean bombing, as in, the official dedicated servers might as well not even exist since they don't work for shit, then sure.

If you mean bombing as in not selling well, LOLOL.
Im only a uk'er but im being told by some us friends that its price is being cut on black friday sales dramatically, which implies its not doing to well

Here is the link i was given
http://kotaku.com/5408758/gamestop-black-friday-deals//gallery/1

Edit: Pic9

Volcynika

I will never let Twig die with (a lack thereof) dignity.

Im only a uk'er but im being told by some us friends that its price is being cut on black friday sales dramatically, which implies its not doing to well

Uh, they did that with L4D1 last year and that game sold incredibly well. That's not really a sign of a game bombing. Hell, the game hasn't even been out a week.

Mr Cola

Volcynika said:
I will never let Twig die with (a lack thereof) dignity.

Uh, they did that with L4D1 last year. That's not really a sign of a game bombing. Hell, the game hasn't even been out a week.
Ah, well good stuff then

I was worried for a moment

Volcynika

Mr Cola said:
Ah, well good stuff then

I was worried for a moment

If a game gets a cut price normally with no holidays/special events (L4D2 price slashing happens due to Black Friday here in North America) shortly after release, then you might wonder. But nah, don't worry about it.

kai3345

Banned
Just finished Hard Rain with KilgoreTrout and goddamn that campaign is amazing.

The storm is just plain awesome and the finale was a lot of fun. I unfortunately didn't survive due to a fucking Spitter incapping me RIGHT as the boat came:lol , oh well.

Mr Cola

We only have "fuck you over on release date days" in the uk

Lucky for us its alllllllllll year round

Twig

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
And all my achievements were wiped.

Fuck that.

Add to that that the game has crashed 3-4 times on me so far...this was one rushed game. Not gonna bother until it's fixed. I have school work to do anyways. =\
Welp.

conman

Mr Cola said:

Am i being had?
Doubtful, but I'm having a bitch of a time finding people online to play through the campaigns. Everyone on my friends list is still too busy with MW2. I'm pretty sure a bunch of my friends bought it, but none of them are playing it yet.

TheOneGuy said:
Remember, Exodu5 is the guy who got like a billion ping (which probably equates to "perfect bars") in Modern Warfare 2 PC, and said it was great and fantastic and the best console to PC port ever and he loved it so much and then when he played L4D2 his team got low ping in a Versus match and he cried that Valve hated him and that MW2 was superior.

Twig

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
Remember, Exodu5 is the guy who got like a billion ping (which probably equates to "perfect bars") in Modern Warfare 2 PC, and said it was great and fantastic and the best console to PC port ever and he loved it so much and then when he played L4D2 his team got low ping in a Versus match and he cried that Valve hated him and that MW2 was superior.
o ya i remember that them were good times

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
EmCeeGramr said:
welp.

Good games, gregor! Again, sorry the teams were a bit unbalanced, although we did have one no micer. Hopefully I'll have some juicy video from it up soon! (although not too soon...bed time!)

syllogism

Slavik81 said:
In the original, I'd never have beaten two campaigns on Expert on the first night. I didn't even get to a finale for a few days.
L4D1 expert is considerably easier for a variety of reasons and you don't even really have to play both to realize why, the most obvious reason being the lack of co-op melee cooldown in the first game. It was quite possible to complete a campaign on expert without taking damage.

The Parish finale is amazing, it was my first time playing it in that versus game earlier. Its too bad my computer crashed when we started playing as survivors. :(
I need to finish it in campaign now.

MGHA

I cant seem to find anyone to to play expert with. We all get to the mall and everyone leaves do to frustration.

xSL4INx

Has anyone noticed a weird glitch in the PC version that resets your stats? I've played for 5.6 hours in the last two days and I know when I stopped playing last night I had killed well over 1,700 infected and unlocked 5 achievements. When I played just a little bit ago, my unlocked achievements had been relocked (I re-unlocked two of them during my playtime) and my total infected killed is only at 400 something. I find this incredibly odd since it says I've kill at a rate of 679 infected an hour......

Anyone else having this problem?

xSL4INx said:
Has anyone noticed a weird glitch in the PC version that resets your stats? I've played for 5.6 hours in the last two days and I know when I stopped playing last night I had killed well over 1,700 infected and unlocked 5 achievements. When I played just a little bit ago, my unlocked achievements had been relocked (I re-unlocked two of them during my playtime) and my total infected killed is only at 400 something. I find this incredibly odd since it says I've kill at a rate of 679 infected an hour......

Yeah, everyone, I think.

xero273

xSL4INx said:

It's normal. Something happened and valve lost all the stats.

Eh heh heh I fucking love these games. I was giving Crash Course from L4D1 a bit of a spin:

"Looks like Zoey shot the train conductor!"
"THE PILOT HAD TURNED. INTO A ZOMBIE."

domstah

Mr Cola said:

Here is the link i was given
http://kotaku.com/5408758/gamestop-black-friday-deals//gallery/1

Edit: Pic9
A lot of EA Games are discounted this Black Friday (Dragon Age, L4D2 etc.) - that doesn't mean any of them are bombing. It just means the retailer got a good bulk discount from EA.

Slavik81

Firestorm said:
I just did it and died right at the finale while trying to revive my friend after the second tank :(
I too just did it, and the tank killed me while I was standing on the side of the boat. ;_;

PS. I've learned not to bother trying to play L4D2 while uploading videos to youtube. That's no good.

Rahk

Expert finales are terrible. Not fun at all. Unless you enjoy restarting 20 times. Advanced realism is the way to play.

TheExodu5

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:

When the fuck did I say that?

How about you fucking quote me.

I bitched the first few days of MW2, and then said that I was getting good pings after they patched the matchmaking. It doesn't change the fact that all the dedicated servers you get in L4D2 matchmaking are absolute shit.

edit: while I'm not happy with how MW2 multiplayer turned out, I have to defend it sometimes because half the people here who have never even played it go all fucking negative nancy on every little detail in the game, and with no first hand experience (take your "bilion ping = perfect bars" for example). The fact is, that shit is not as broken as L4D2 is right now.

Slavik81

TheExodu5 said:
When the fuck did I say that?

How about you fucking quote me.

I bitched the first few days of MW2, and then said that I was getting good pings after they patched the matchmaking. It doesn't change the fact that all the dedicated servers you get in L4D2 matchmaking are absolute shit.
My teams have been consistently been between 20 and 100 ping, which is pretty reasonable.

Naw, the worst thing's about L4D2's launch is definitely the achievement wipes.

Rahk said:
Expert finales are terrible. Not fun at all. Unless you enjoy restarting 20 times. Advanced realism is the way to play.
I liked them. Each time you restart, you should try to refine your strategy or come up with a better one based on the things you've learned. By the end, you should be really good at it.

Blizzard

Banned
Slavik81 said:
My teams have been consistently been between 20 and 100 ping, which is pretty reasonable.
Are you on 360? Because once again someone (you) is saying it's fine, and Amir0x and one or two others are saying it's basically never even remotely playable. :| Maybe certain regions have good servers and others have bad ones? (I didn't see anyone answer about whether 360 dedicated servers are normal-people-hostable, or totally Valve-owned...if that's the case, it must be a pretty sizable investment to run them, and I thought the idea of normal people paying to run servers was one of the advantages of the PC dedicated server model)

TheExodu5

Banned
Slavik81 said:

Naw, the worst thing's about L4D2's launch is definitely the achievement wipes.

I'm east coast (Ottawa, ON) on 10/1Mbit Rogers and I haven't had better than 200 ping. It doesn't matter whether I do "Official Server Only" or "Best Available Dedicated". The only way to get a decent pinging server is to do it through "openserverbrowser", but then it's hard to get 3-4 slots free for my friends.

Doesn't matter for coop since I just host my own, but for versus with randoms, it's really aggravating.

Teknoman

Finished playing Carnival and Swamp (wtf at 2 tanks during the escape). Gotta figure out how to keep from being left 4 dead :lol

Zzoram

The first week or two of L4D1 had server issues as well. I think it's because at launch, people don't have their own servers set up yet and Valve doesn't have enough official dedicated servers so they host more games than they should on the servers they have.

TheExodu5

Banned
Zzoram said:
The first week or two of L4D1 had server issues as well. I think it's because at launch, people don't have their own servers set up yet and Valve doesn't have enough official dedicated servers so they host more games than they should on the servers they have.

I do realize that. I guess I should be blaming it more on the interface they've set up. I wish it was like Heroes of Newerth, where you get to choose the dedicated server you're going to play on.

I always see tons of empty servers in "openserverbrowser", but for some reason, the matchmaking tool just doesn't give them to me.

Slavik81

Blizzard said:
Are you on 360? Because once again someone (you) is saying it's fine, and Amir0x and one or two others are saying it's basically never even remotely playable. :| Maybe certain regions have good servers and others have bad ones? (I didn't see anyone answer about whether 360 dedicated servers are normal-people-hostable, or totally Valve-owned...if that's the case, it must be a pretty sizable investment to run them, and I thought the idea of normal people paying to run servers was one of the advantages of the PC dedicated server model)
I'm on PC, western Canada (Alberta), 15/1Mbit Shaw.
I wasn't on Valve servers, either. They were just random dedicated servers from around the area.

The university clubs here tend to run some great dedicated servers, though I don't know if they have any up for Left4Dead.

Red Scarlet

TheExodu5 said:
I'm east coast (Ottawa, ON) on 10/1Mbit Rogers and I haven't had better than 200 ping. It doesn't matter whether I do "Official Server Only" or "Best Available Dedicated". The only way to get a decent pinging server is to do it through "openserverbrowser", but then it's hard to get 3-4 slots free for my friends.

Doesn't matter for coop since I just host my own, but for versus with randoms, it's really aggravating.

You know how they work, right? Whoever's the lobby leader is the one that finds a server, so it's close to that person. So it's not really the game's fault if you are connecting to somebody far away that found a server. What are the pings for people connecting to you when you host? I don't know if 10/1Mbit Rogers is good or not.

I'd consider the Tank did great in that 'Tank Fail' video..what with incapping 3 people and making you run so far away from him you got Huntered shortly after killing the 'fail Tank'.

My story was much cooler..wish I had capped it.

Bebpo

Banned
I lost my achievements and stats...wat?

When I checked my stats it was only for tonights game. All my previous stats were gone and I checked and all my previous achievements were gone too! ^^;

Top Bottom