• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Grimrock |OT| harvinaisen kova kakku

bengraven

http://www.grimrock.net/

You order it here silly.

You got 1 hour left. It gives you a steam key via humblebundle.

0cRye.png

:D Thanks.

This rock.

It is so grim.

I really want to know how annoying the food and torch situation is. Most previews/reviews don't mention it so I'm not too worried, but that's one thing I always hate. If it's got awesome puzzles that require a lot of thinking and tinkering, I don't want to be running out of a limited food supply because monsters don't respawn and then my torch goes out with no easy way to relight it.

stuminus3

Pre-order for me both from their site and from GOG. I'm not sure why I did that. A combination of wanting to buy from the dev (to support such a game being made in the first place) and getting a Steam key, and wanting to support GOG's DRM-free future and get the extra GOG goodies? Kind of silly, anyway.

Tess3ract

Banned
Apparently theres a bug or something. It should be changed to -preorder but it's not. Those who bought it off steam can download now.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Pardon me everyone, but how are people getting time estimates in Steam? When I redeemed my key a Legend of Grimrock Pre-Order listing appeared in my games with no time estimate.

There was some unarmed clips in the short review video someone posted in this thread. It looked viable and potent. I'm definitely having a char go unarmed.

That's interesting. I'm guessing dodge is a necessity in that case.

And in other news, the guide section has been sentenced to a long stay at Mount Grimrock. May god have mercy on its soul.

bengraven

Apparently theres a bug or something. It should be changed to -preorder but it's not. Those who bought it off steam can download now.

That's what's happening to me.

It's treating "Legends of Grimrock pre-order" as a seperate game and won't update. :/

Minsc

Gold Member
I really want to know how annoying the food and torch situation is. Most previews/reviews don't mention it so I'm not too worried, but that's one thing I always hate. If it's got awesome puzzles that require a lot of thinking and tinkering, I don't want to be running out of a limited food supply because monsters don't respawn and then my torch goes out with no easy way to relight it.

It sounded great to me from RPS's impressions:

Health can be regained by mixing potions, but the ingredients are incredibly rare for the bulk of the game, and sleep will be your primary means of getting better. But of course sleep near monsters and they’re going to take a chunk out of you to wake you up. The other thing to be concerned about is food, which is again sparingly available. In fact, I’d say they get this perfectly right, making it feel like something you need to be worrying about, without ever making it tiresome. I always had just about enough. They don’t drink, however, which is odd, but preferable.

I think it defeats the purpose of having food if it is in abundance. But I get what you're saying about being forced to rush if it's too limited, where you don't have time to think... I don't want it to be like that either! I didn't realize this also extended to torches. It does add a little immersion I suppose, when you think about it. We'll know soon :)

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Now should I wait for Steam or go to my bundle page? Decisions decisions...

Heck, while I wait for the Steam to update I'll torrent the client just to be sure.

garath

Crap. My pre-order key that I inputted last week is showing up as legend of grimrock pre-order and it's not unlocking. :(

Restarted steam client but still nothing. Hmm..

taoofjord

Finally! Been following this since it was first announced and have excitedly read each and every blog update. Just beat Lands of Lore 1 in preparation. :)

Have fun everyone! I have a feeling this'll be one special game.

Eusis

Everyone go to your humble bundle page. There are torrents and a direct download!
First thing I did after a Steam reboot failed to fix this. Though inputting the key AGAIN doesn't seem to do anything other than say the pre-order isn't released.

yamo

Shiiit, the music in the trailer gives me goosebumps all over my body.

Trying to not buy this game right now as I really don't have time to play it. But it's really hard not to, as i'm an old Bards Tale/Dungeon Master/EotB junkie.

bengraven

First thing I did after a Steam reboot failed to fix this. Though inputting the key AGAIN doesn't seem to do anything other than say the pre-order isn't released.

What he means is that you're going to have to install it outside of Steam for now.

Eusis

What he means is that you're going to have to install it outside of Steam for now.
No, I knew that, I thought I'd try while the DRM-free client downloaded, just in case it did something. Only indicated the Pre-order page is out of the system though.

garath

Oh well. I dl'd the direct link from the Humble store. I have to go back to work anyways. If it isn't unlocked properly by the time I get home I'll just install it from the direct dl.

Fingers crossed Steam gets it straight by then though.

The music on the title screen is super awesome. Designing my party now, thinking Warrior/Rogue/Mage/Mage.

You and me.

Plus seeing there are four elemental spell masteries, this means we get to split them among the two and pump them up to insane levels!

Carm

Hrm, people are able to download on Steam now? I've restarted the client a couple of times and still can't download it.

Zarovitch

How weird my email doesn't have anything like that. I ordered with Google Wallet and only got a receipt. Nice, when I try to go to my own page with the key I was given it tells me that key is not found T_T

You should have a mail name "Thanks for purchasing Legend of Grimrock" from Humble Store.

HoosTrax

In theory, if you download the DRM-free version, and then dump it into the Steam folder once the pre-order key issue is sorted out, there should only be a minimal amount of stuff that Steam needs to redownload. In theory.

Top Bottom