• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Grimrock |OT| harvinaisen kova kakku

nickcv

So soon? Says 18 hours left for me on Steam. That would make it 7 PM (swedish time).

damn, you where right...

Available: 11 April 2012
This game will unlock in approximately 18 hours

i don't understand why they wait until so late to actually release DD games... :(

speaking of the iPad and Mac version of the game i don't think that's the dev priority... we do now for sure that they are working on the level editor right now, and being a team of just 4 people i don't really think they'll be able to work on both porting and the editor at the same time...

and while i do own both a mac and an iPad i think that the level editor is more important right now...

when will they put up the EXE file. guess i can play that if it's out early morning tomorrow lol.

EDIT: i guess i'll print out the graph paper lol.

DiscoJer

damn, you where right...

i don't understand why they wait until so late to actually release DD games... :(

My guess is they simply wanted a break between finishing the game and having to support it (when they release it). Especially over the Holiday...

My first preorder on Steam. If I leave my client running, will it auto download? I'll be at work and it would be nice if it was waiting for me when I get home.

I don't care if it's not the 11th yet (in the U.S.) - I still keep hitting refresh on the download page. Hoping they let the game out early. Anyone else?

Really want to pre-order, but....too many things to do, games to play. Although this looks delicious. I remember years ago how terrified I was to go to catacombs in Ishar 2. Or that &@$^ rock monster in Level 3 in Dungeon Master.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
So what party makeup are you guys doing?

I think I'm going:
Minotaur Warrior w/ Sword & Board
Human Warrior w/ Unarmed. So a monk of sorts.
Lizardman Rogue w/ Archer
Insectoid Mage

Songbird

Prodigal Son

I think I'm going:
Insectoid Mage

It'll be interesting to see how the unarmed skill is handled and how it will compare to stronger weapons.

See you all at 5 for the download! Or a little later...

Zarovitch

Doh!
I was thinking starting the download before work, but the download is not ready :(

I'll download it while looking at hockey i guess.

I think I'm going:
Insectoid Mage

Do we know anything about the stats and best classes of the various races?

I assume minotaurs are fighters, humans are everymans, and either lizards or insects are mages...

Turfster

Crap, apparently there was a window where it could already be downloaded from GOG.
Ah well, guess I go back to waiting...

Zarovitch

I think I'm going:
Insectoid Mage

Nice choice.
I like unarmed but i love having my axe too.
Only four characters will make more tough making my choice.
At least there's no priest.

I can't imagine trying to go unarmed on the first playthrough. I anticipate a ton of rad loot that will be very difficult to resist. Especially when only 1 or 2 party members will be using traditional swords, axes, etc....a lot of those will go tragically unused already!

Orgun

Argh, was looking forward to hunkering down this evening with this. Not gonna get to play until tomorrow evening now T_T

garath

Nice choice.
I like unarmed but i love having my axe too.
Only four characters will make more tough making my choice.
At least there's no priest.

There was some unarmed clips in the short review video someone posted in this thread. It looked viable and potent. I'm definitely having a char go unarmed.

Ruuppa

I just hope playing with only a Rogue and a Wizard is doable. Depends on how the experience is divided, I guess.

scy

I just used Excel for making maps for Etrian Odyssey. Close enough!

Just to clarify (since ... it has map making built-in for that), it was to make the ones posted on GameFAQs so it was more for transitioning the ones from DS to PC.

Zarovitch

I just used Excel for making maps for Etrian Odyssey. Close enough!

Just to clarify (since ... it has map making built-in for that), it was to make the ones posted on GameFAQs so it was more for transitioning the ones from DS to PC.

ok thanks! :)

bengraven

Won't let me buy it on Steam.

I guess waiting for the 2 hour mark and yet still wanting to get the preorder price is douchey.

Top Bottom