• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

I stepped out to pick up the Winter Post Office today-this is the first time I've owned a full theme. Cannot wait until Christmas so I can start building.

I noticed a few things I hadn't seen before. Looks like these things are in the wild now:

I452Klll.jpg

I also saw these which I hadn't seen before. Is this new? "Designer"?

All settled in at your new place? How's the new job going?

well the new job is still a bit unproductive, as I still don't have an email address, or any of the software I need, at least as of yesterday I have an account. And I hope to get everything else tomorrow.
Apart from that the team seems like fun and I am very optimistic :)
The new flat is just a furnished room in a shared flat, which costs as much as my 73m2 flat I had by myself previously... Munich is bloody expensive!

well the new job is still a bit unproductive, as I still don't have an email address, or any of the software I need, at least as of yesterday I have an account. And I hope to get everything else tomorrow.
Apart from that the team seems like fun and I am very optimistic :)
The new flat is just a furnished room in a shared flat, which costs as much as my 73m2 flat I had by myself previously... Munich is bloody expensive!

That's nice. Moving to a new city is as much fun as it is a pain. (I had to move to a city 7000 miles away a few years back).

@Flix: Welp, at least you now get to go to Bayern home games if you're into Soccer that is :p

Man all those damn modulars, makes it hard to stick to my original plan of not building any until we move into our new place...

I stepped out to pick up the Winter Post Office today-this is the first time I've owned a full theme. Cannot wait until Christmas so I can start building.

I noticed a few things I hadn't seen before. Looks like these things are in the wild now:

I also saw these which I hadn't seen before. Is this new? "Designer"?

What store is that? Is that the LEGO heaven store in Canada?

Took a pic of my Motorized AT AT.. crazy build inside to get the legs going

8483750021_88f23f8f59_c.jpg

They need to a new version of the AT-AT or UCS version for those of us that came out of dark ages too late for it. *drool*

Matchew

Just wondering, how do you guys keep you legos after you build them? Do you keep them built or do you guys break them down and store them.

Just wondering, how do you guys keep you legos after you build them? Do you keep them built or do you guys break them down and store them.

Pretty display pieces go on shelves or desks, depending on size. Ones I don't really like get neglected in less scenic shelves and eventually disassembled. I don't yet have enough to force me to choose bt display pieces, though it is getting close.

I displayed them all until one day I broke them all down and stored them back in the box. Now I just have one or two choice pieces built. I will break those down and rebuild some others and display those and just keep going in a cycle. I really enjoy the building aspect of it, gets my mind off things other than what piece goes where.

golem

They need to a new version of the AT-AT or UCS version for those of us that came out of dark ages too late for it. *drool*

I would guess that the most popular Star Wars vehicles would be the X-wing, Millennium Falcon, and AT-AT. Wouldnt be surprised to see a new Millennium Falcon UCS and AT AT UCS at some point in the near future (hopefully before I try to bricklink 10179!).

Sometimes I'll ziplock them and put them back into their boxes.. the bigger sets I keep built though and just put on shelves or whatever.

Ironmask

I would guess that the most popular Star Wars vehicles would be the X-wing, Millennium Falcon, and AT-AT. Wouldnt be surprised to see a new Millennium Falcon UCS and AT AT UCS at some point in the near future (hopefully before I try to bricklink 10179!).

Sometimes I'll ziplock them and put them back into their boxes.. the bigger sets I keep built though and just put on shelves or whatever.

I want so bad a new UCS AT-ST, never been into star wars, but always digged dat robot...

Depends on what you plan on doing with the sets.

- Display them
- Play with them (swoosh)
- Make your own MOCs

I break my sets down and sort them into one giant collective. I have no plans on selling my LEGO if possible. Will pass to my kids. I do keep some smaller stuff around to display and play until I run out of room on my work desk and replace with newer sets.

I use plastic ziplocks, plastic drawers, plastic storage containers, and tupperware to store my LEGO. By store, I mean keep in containers, but easily accessible to build with.

Those are old sets from 2005.

Wow-I had no idea. That's crazy. Just looked up the theme-surprised they're still around.

What store is that? Is that the LEGO heaven store in Canada?

Yes it is. They had that Imperial Shuttle as well. Man that is a nice looking set.
They also have some keychains:

y3gqGlJl.jpg

I need to stay strong....I'm going to pick up Pet Shop in a couple of weeks and that's it. Palace Cinema will need to wait.

I got myself something at Walmart today

I've been kind of afraid of it going OOP since its a great cheap superhero set with 3 mucho excellent figs.

Such an awesome set! Tons of playability. My daughter was thrilled to get the Wonder Woman fig.

I've been kind of afraid of it going OOP since its a great cheap superhero set with 3 mucho excellent figs.

Was a really fun build, I love the mech and the green pieces. I even watched JL Crisis on Two Earths while putting it together.

Ta Dadadada TADADADAAAAA!

Nice work in the excellent purchase. That set is best $19.99 you can spend on LEGO Super Heroes.

Ponn

Banned
Thanks guys, yea i enjoyed putting it together. I was looking for the wolverine chopper, i'm still iffy about that. I'm not a wolverine fan, don't want the helicopter so really would be just getting it for the Deadpool fig. I saw this set and let out a "yippp". Theres only a few DC Superheroes sets I want to get mainly to build around Arkham Asylum and this was one for the figs.

I still have to get Arctic Batman, Batman/Bane Tumbler set and Catwoman cycle. I will probably snag all 3 of those with my first paycheck from new job. I've been on the fence on the Two Face set for the classic black suit batman with cape and batmobile but I just really hate that orange and purple Two Face color scheme.

Thanks guys, yea i enjoyed putting it together. I was looking for the wolverine chopper, i'm still iffy about that. I'm not a wolverine fan, don't want the helicopter so really would be just getting it for the Deadpool fig. I saw this set and let out a "yippp". Theres only a few DC Superheroes sets I want to get mainly to build around Arkham Asylum and this was one for the figs.

I still have to get Arctic Batman, Batman/Bane Tumbler set and Catwoman cycle. I will probably snag all 3 of those with my first paycheck from new job. I've been on the fence on the Two Face set for the classic black suit batman with cape and batmobile but I just really hate that orange and purple Two Face color scheme.

Bricklink or Ebay Deadpool, but if you can get the copter on sale around $15 it's better to just buy the set and unload the rest to someone.

I went to both Target and Walmart today looking for S9 Minifigures. Neither of them had them.

Where else can one look to grab these?

As mentioned above ToysRUs. They have a BOGO 50% off here in the states, and until TRU changing policy, I've bought them with BOGO. Discount happens at totaling or something. I asked cashier if they were BOGO and they said no after scanning one, but it did ring up with discount.

It's troubling that series 9 is so hard to find for some. Not sure if it's the retailer not ordering many or demand or both. Good luck. Worst case is you can buy a box from Amazon France with some people here and split it out.

Take the sets apart and store them in plastic bags, keep the instruction booklets in a bag...loose pieces get thrown into a red Lego storage bin. I really should get my mum to organize those instruction booklets into a nice binder...the bag system isn't cutting it.

Was a really fun build, I love the mech and the green pieces. I even watched JL Crisis on Two Earths while putting it together.

Ta Dadadada TADADADAAAAA!

Nice work in the excellent purchase. That set is best $19.99 you can spend on LEGO Super Heroes.
Best sub $70 super hero set out there. Worth every penny.

It's troubling that series 9 is so hard to find for some. Not sure if it's the retailer not ordering many or demand or both. Good luck. Worst case is you can buy a box from Amazon France with some people here and split it out.

Wait do you think I'm French? I live in North Dakota haha.

I ordered 6 S9 Figs off of lego.com, I just wanted to pick some more up when I was at the store getting some tortillas. I could have gone to a grocery store, but I wanted to pick up some lego stuff. Went way out of my way but oh well. Almost dropped my card to buy the desert skiff with the badass Boba at target, but decided not to because I thought I'd rather spend the money at Walmart on S9 figures. So I don't buy it, go to walmart, and it has neither the S9s nor the skiff. So disappointed.

Wait do you think I'm French? I live in North Dakota haha.

I ordered 6 S9 Figs off of lego.com, I just wanted to pick some more up when I was at the store getting some tortillas. I could have gone to a grocery store, but I wanted to pick up some lego stuff. Went way out of my way but oh well. Almost dropped my card to buy the desert skiff with the badass Boba at target, but decided not to because I thought I'd rather spend the money at Walmart on S9 figures. So I don't buy it, go to walmart, and it has neither the S9s nor the skiff. So disappointed.

I had no idea where you were. :) Is there something wrong with being French? ;) I'm in California, but I ordered a whole box from Amazon France and it turns out to be close to $2.50 a minifigure after shipping and everything. I only did that because I wanted lots of multiples in this set.

Keep an eye out of sales on Amazon and Walmart online. I think Desert Skiff with Boba Fett was on sale recently for $20.

It is a pretty cool mod.

I am still doing preliminary groundwork on my 64 seat mega plex. Trying to fit it on a 48x48 plate right now, and the interior (outside of the auditorium) will be pretty cramped. And still baffled as to what to do with the exterior without making it just a plain white building.

I will post a pic later of preliminary layouts for it, but the pic of stadium seating I posted the other week is what I am trying to put into it. I could get more room if I cut down on the seating area, but the whole point of it is to have TONS of seating and a huge screen. None of this small screening room stuff!

I had no idea where you were. :) Is there something wrong with being French? ;) I'm in California, but I ordered a whole box from Amazon France and it turns out to be close to $2.50 a minifigure after shipping and everything. I only did that because I wanted lots of multiples in this set.

Keep an eye out of sales on Amazon and Walmart online. I think Desert Skiff with Boba Fett was on sale recently for $20.

Haha no, you just mentioned in your post "here in the states" and then amazon france, and I am studying french here in school and was trying to figure out if I ever posted about it or led on that I lived over there. I was just confused haha.

Also: anyone ever ordered pick-a-brick on lego.com? The last update online for tracking was four days ago when it arrived in New Jersey from Europe. No updates since. Kind of worried when the stuff is supposed to get here.

Also, my gf and I'd Arkham Asylum Breakout should be here Friday. Fun fun fun :)

MisterNoisy

Did the TRU B1G1 50% off sale for a couple of $20 City trucks (Fire Truck and Tanker Truck) - they were only marked up by 10%, so 50% off one was still a good deal. All the Star Wars shit (including the Y-Wing) was marked up 50% over.

Haha no, you just mentioned in your post "here in the states" and then amazon france, and I am studying french here in school and was trying to figure out if I ever posted about it or led on that I lived over there. I was just confused haha.

Also: anyone ever ordered pick-a-brick on lego.com? The last update online for tracking was four days ago when it arrived in New Jersey from Europe. No updates since. Kind of worried when the stuff is supposed to get here.

Also, my gf and I'd Arkham Asylum Breakout should be here Friday. Fun fun fun :)

Pick-a-brick can be slow. I would check bricklink first as it can be cheaper there if you can find a store that has most of what you want.

I say here in the states because I know we have a lot of international folks in the thread since pricing, sales, availability, etc vary by country.

Just checked the link and I didn't realize that was an iPhone. Really cool idea, but how much will the minifigs really enjoy it. :) Also another reason for me to stock up on seats while they have them at the pick-a-brick wall.

Vyer

Been meaning to pick up the Lex armor set for a while, but all this talk pushed me to do it now. Damn you, thread!

Ponn

Banned
Been meaning to pick up the Lex armor set for a while, but all this talk pushed me to do it now. Damn you, thread!

Do it, just do it, do it, just do it.

Supes goes swoooosh

Lex in Armor goes pew pew pew

Wonder Woman goes ... um... Lasso Tossy c'mere super duper man. I don't know I got nothing on that one. Her invisible jet is easy to build though.

Seriously though some really cool pieces in the set including clear green pieces and great mech building pieces for those type of MOC's. I also got an extra green tube thing with mine so you have a pair of those instead of just the one shown on the box.

My Vampyre's Castle set is scheduled for delivery on Friday. Excited to build that this weekend.

Vyer

Do it, just do it, do it, just do it.

Supes goes swoooosh

Lex in Armor goes pew pew pew

Wonder Woman goes ... um... Lasso Tossy c'mere super duper man. I don't know I got nothing on that one. Her invisible jet is easy to build though.

Seriously though some really cool pieces in the set including clear green pieces and great mech building pieces for those type of MOC's. I also got an extra green tube thing with mine so you have a pair of those instead of just the one shown on the box.

My Vampyre's Castle set is scheduled for delivery on Friday. Excited to build that this weekend.

It...it's already done. :[

RE: that Deadpool set, it's actually pretty good. Obviously the minifigs make it great, Deadpool, Wolverine and Magneto are all awesome. The copter itself isn't bad, nice color scheme and a solid build and you even get a freakin' motorcycle. Well worth the money.

As far as the other superhero sets, we got my son that Joker Funhouse set and I have to admit it's pretty solid too. Great minifigs - Joker, Harley, Batman, Robin, Riddler - and you get a little Batpod like bike for batman. You even get a spare Riddler head (a bust in the funhouse).

Been trying to talk myself into the Batman/Bane set but that's one where I really only have an interest in the minifigs.

Work in progress of my own big screen cinema. I have been working this thing out in my head for the better part of 8 months now, long before Palace Cinema was even leaked out.

The main thing was cramming as much seating as possible into the theater, but still keep things accessible. I have a few doors laid down with ideas of where the patrons will enter the theater. One shows a long hallway running along the side of the seats, while another shows it right at the front of the auditorium.

The first one allows a bit more realistic layout to the auditorium (less light getting in!), but less room for other details inside the building.
The second one would be less realistic (more light near the screen! NO!), but a lot more room for interior details.

I am still trying to figure out how to fit in a box office and concession stand, and possibly a bathroom. The end of one of the long walkways (behind the box office or the concessions) will most likely lead to a staircase to the second floor where I plan to have a projection booth and maybe a main office.

64 available seats. I have about 100 total, but would need to graduated off the 48x48 plate.

The brace to hold the screen in place. Some decorative lights for before showtime.

And finally to show just how big I want the screen on this bad boy. I did slide my wife's iPad mini in to see how it looked. It is still a nice, big screen, but nowhere near the monstrosity that the full sized iPad would be.

I still have no damn idea what to do with the exterior. Usually I have exterior ideas and make an interior around that concept. This is the first time I am starting from the inside out.
I was thinking of making a big brick built sign with the theater name. I was thinking of dubbing this thing the BRICKMAX.

Again, this is all extremely early work in progress. I will most likely have to kill two MOC modulars to get the parts to do it, but the theater idea has been itching for a very long time.

Bagels

You got Moxie, kid!
Work in progress of my own big screen cinema. I have been working this thing out in my head for the better part of 8 months now, long before Palace Cinema was even leaked out.

-PICTURES-

I love it! I expected something a tiny bit more along these lines for Palace Cinema (but not quite this, obviously).

I guess most theaters are giant ugly boxes, which is unfortunate. That's where Palace Cinema really does shine. I don't know how to combine a well-proportioned theater space with a decorative exterior, but I have no doubt you'll nail it.

also, why are you watching Oprah? ;)

leng jai

Well I ordered the Palace Modular. At this point it's basically like I might as well buy it since I own all the other ones anyway.

iuuk

Lego Store homework. :)

Can't wait to get started with this one.
Is this one going to be released soon? I hope it's not going OOP as soon as Sungnyemun, since I've still got to buy Villa Savoy, the Big Ben and Rockafeller Center as well (and one day hope to find an affordable Hancock Center).

jpatez34

Neo Member
Just purchased 3 TMNT sets.

Turtle Lair Attack
Shredder's Dragon Bike
Kraang Lab Escape

Followed the Brickshow list to get all 4 turtles the cheapest way. (Having £60 worth of VIP points and a 40% discount meant I paid nothing!)

Will post pics when sets arrive and are built.

Top Bottom