• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Falch

lH5FS.jpg

They look great!

Waiter: love the new printed bottle and serving tray! Having another option for formal torso is nice too.

Roller Derby Girl: Neutral on this one.

Roman Emperor: Great to see another Roman figure. I much rather prefer the printed toga than a fabric one.

Cyclops: LOVE this minifig! The reversible eye is a great touch!

Policeman: On one hand, another policeman is the last thing I need, on the other hand this is the best looking policeman I will have.

Chicken Suit Guy: He wins this set, but we knew that a long time ago, didn't we? Looks GREAT!

Alien Avenger: Looks like something out of Warhammer 40k, and he will fit nicely with the previous Space Marine.

Mermaid: Not really feeling this one (though it will go nicely with Neptune). Getting a starfish is a nice bonus.

Heroic Knight: Another knight minifig, but I like the base metal color scheme on this one, so this is a win for me.

Hollywood Starlet: Kind of a weak entry IMO, but I do like the new hairpiece.

Mr. Good & Evil: I love the look of this guy - he'll fit right in with the Monster Fighters theme.

Forest Maiden: mehhhhhh

Judge: Love the gavel, the face, the hair... ok I love the whole minifig!

Fortune Teller: If there were no Chicken Suit Guy, this minifig would have been my favorite of this theme. I love everything about this one.

Plumber: It's all about the plunger accessory.

Battle Mech: Looks like my Orange Squad is getting a new member!

This is the strongest line-up since Series 6, in my opinion. I can't wait to pick them up in January!

Getting them all! Indeed one of the strongest series so far.

This set looks awesome! But is it just me, or does this set look kind of small for a 1600+ piece set? I would've expected it to be bigger with that piece count.

During our last trip to the Sherway Gardens LEGO store in Toronto, one of the employees was feeling bags for specific figs at the request of customers. My daughter really wanted a cheerleader, so we asked him and he found one right away for us. Got home and opened it up and it was the cheerleader! He was very happy to feel everyone's bags! Errm... that didn't come out right...

This is true. They are awesome at that store.

I was just at Lasting Toys in Mississauga and one of their associates was a big help in finding me a few more series 5 ones I was missing.

Ironmask

Yep, all the recent ones have been great actually. I just ordered a complete set of series 8 from ebay. I'm good at feeling the bags but they don't sell them anywhere near me.

Yeah, great series so far, but where is my zombie girl? LEGO i'm waving my money at you!

Darren870

Hey Lego-Gaf

Is there a market for old sets? I have some pirate and islander sets lying around my moms house that I wouldn't mind parting with. They aren't in the box and I may or may not have the instructions, but I am wondering if its worth going through them all and selling. If so where would be the best place to part ways?

Thanks!

DJ_Lae

Got a Costco.ca e-mail today, of note in there is that they seem to be carrying some Lego (mostly Star Wars) sets online for the holidays. I got all excited until I clicked the link...

Other than the X-Wing which for some bizarre reason is the same crap MSRP everyone else charges (including the Lego store), most sets are $10-$20 off...which is pretty weak considering most of them there (Batcave, Jabba, Malevolence, etc) are overpriced to begin with and things like an $80 Technic tow truck or a $60 Tie Fighter are not terribly exciting...though shipping is always free which I suppose is a plus. It's weird because usually they offer a good 20-25% off any Lego they carry, sometimes more. I guess it's another case of the Ewok attack set that popped up a month or two back, where it just goes up close to retail because it's Star Wars.

Biggest discount seems to be on the Excavator, which is down to the US price of $200 (I think it's $250CDN regularly).

Hey Lego-Gaf

Is there a market for old sets? I have some pirate and islander sets lying around my moms house that I wouldn't mind parting with. They aren't in the box and I may or may not have the instructions, but I am wondering if its worth going through them all and selling. If so where would be the best place to part ways?

Thanks!

You could try selling your assembled sets on eBay. I've also read great things about people selling their old LEGO to http://theplasticbrick.com/.

So I finished the Tanker Truck this evening. But you know while it was fun, this gave me much more pleasure:

2012-12-03200422.jpg

I hope my daughter has a long Lego career.

Also evidently when you are 23 months old the gas station pump goes on top of the Tanker Truck.

Who knew?

Was doing a little Christmas shopping yesterday and...well. I'm weak. I was back at the mall today. :p

357QS.jpg

What a cool line. I wanted everything on the shelf. Seems like there is great moc potential for GS + ninjago....

First new sets in months (since Fire Brigade way back in OT1), I can't WAIT.

Edit: looking back a few pages, glad to see you finally got Diagon Alley, PB! How did you like the builds?

Was doing a little Christmas shopping yesterday and...well. I'm weak. I was back at the mall today. :p

357QS.jpg

What a cool line. I wanted everything on the shelf. Seems like there is great moc potential for GS + ninjago....

First new sets in months (since Fire Brigade way back in OT1), I can't WAIT.

Edit: looking back a few pages, glad to see you finally got Diagon Alley, PB! How did you like the builds?

First off, I am jealous of the Galaxy Squad.

Second, I liked Diagon Alley. Lots of neat little techniques on it, and I really loved the interior details. But I will be taking it apart very soon. It is a glorified parts pack for me. An awesome parts pack.

Look who showed up from a galaxy far far away . . .

5A6E4C27-9BF5-4B52-80D3-593AC0172941-243-000000225B33E32A.jpg

Oh, you sexy lil Astromech. Enjoy it. Such a neat and different build. And it looks oh so cute when completed.

The "bug alien" from Galaxy Squad is, hands down, my favorite minifig since returning to the hobby. Yes, better than Deadpool.
Hulk mini fig replaced Deadpool for greatest figure ever for me.

Vyer

We went by the Lego store today....and, well, I couldn't resist...

ibvRPCU9hDQW3r.JPG

Wings adjust and the little missle launcher pulls up from the body.
iqNw0Ktni5k62.JPG

ibtikOPq3qtcba.JPG

Since the front pod detaches to form it's own little ship, it actually will swivel when connected to the larger body.
ibibRZWYxDFDxM.JPG

ib2ofwr3Qpo5G4.JPG

Kinda digging the head molds for the aliens
iiEJFGvxWqYGk.JPG

i8jnQAkSNTJyb.JPG

ibglZrR251Dfk8.JPG

Overall awesome series and I'm sure we'll try to pick up a few of the bigger sets.

That and the small bug ship are my next pickups I think. Safe pre-Christmas buys, I wouldn't mind having repeats on these. ;p Halfway through the waspish set. The kid swooshed the little space marine jet until she passed out.

To think I was gonna try to get Bag End! They actually had it and I passed...I just couldn't resist these. This is probably the only theme I'll buy this month.

Vyer

That and the small bug ship are my next pickups I think. Safe pre-Christmas buys, I wouldn't mind having repeats on these. ;p Halfway through the waspish set. The kid swooshed the little space marine jet until she passed out.

yeah that one with the wings is the small bug ship. I picked up both to see what I thought of the series.

And while I was finishing the Holiday set (the black friday one our local LEGO store is now selling for $15 bucks) for him, my boy already had the crew from the carriage somehow joining the Galaxy Squad against the bugs. lol

yeah that one with the wings is the small bug ship. I picked up both to see what I thought of the series.

And while I was finishing the Holiday set (the black friday one our local LEGO store is now selling for $15 bucks) for him, my boy already had the crew from the carriage somehow joining the Galaxy Squad against the bugs. lol

Not sure how I breezed by that second batch of pics >.>

They both look like a lot of fun. The largest sets look great as well. They had a set with a big mech I don't see on the LEGO site...I'm sure it's been posted in the thread somewhere. That shall be mine next month. I suspect I will "plat" this line ;p

Edit: i don't see it on brickipedia either. Now I'm wondering if I dreamed it. I shall investigate Wednesday!
Edit2: the vermin vaporizer, that's the one. Mine.

ghostmind

Not sure how I breezed by that second batch of pics >.>

They both look like a lot of fun. The largest sets look great as well. They had a set with a big mech I don't see on the LEGO site...I'm sure it's been posted in the thread somewhere. That shall be mine next month. I suspect I will "plat" this line ;p

Edit: i don't see it on brickipedia either. Now I'm wondering if I dreamed it. I shall investigate Wednesday!

You weren't dreaming...

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44704991&postcount=151

Cyrillus

You guys need to stop posting pics of galaxy squad. I told myself no more purchases in January, and I didn't even want this theme!

Rootbeer

Banned
Well... just ordered An Unexpected Gathering at target.com with my REDcard and a spare gift card I had laying around. $50 shipped! Course I won't get it till Dec 14th but >.>

Now to work out my Galaxy Squad order at lego.com and then ponder how I can work the TMNT stuff into my budget later :p

bodine1231

Got my used Star Destroyer in. After a teardown and a quick wash (it was filthy) its ready for building in the near future.

20121204_034316.jpg

R-User!

Got my used Star Destroyer in. After a teardown and a quick wash (it was filthy) its ready for building in the near future.

20121204_034316.jpg

Did you just throw every piece of Lego that was dirty into the same sac/pillowcase and wash it in a washing machine?

If so, does any dirt or debri stay in the bag after your done washing?
Do you actually let the Legos go through the SPIN Cycle? Your large pieces don't crack during the rinse cycle?

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I just bought my boyfriend the Halo tank for xmas. He's gonna nerdgasm all over the place when he sees that. I'll have to post pics of his collection one day

bodine1231

Did you just throw every piece of Lego that was dirty into the same sac/pillowcase and wash it in a washing machine?

If so, does any dirt or debri stay in the bag after your done washing?
Do you actually let the Legos go through the SPIN Cycle? Your large pieces don't crack during the rinse cycle?

Yes I threw it all into a pillowcase in the washing machine. DO NOT let it go through the spin cycle or it will scuff up all the larger pieces. Put it on a very gentle setting with warm water and also throw in some hand towels in the pillowcase to reduce friction. No cracked pieces but id try a test batch with pieces you dont mind getting scuffed. The first time I tried it my Tie fighter plates had scuff marks on them because I put it on too vigorous a cycle. I didnt mind because it added some battle damage to it but I would have been pissed if it was Grand Emporium or something. Here's an example of putting them on to heavy a cycle w/spin.

20121204_051827.jpg

Tomodachi

Is there a website where I can find cool custom designs (or even official ones) that I can replicate with the random pieces I have? I have many "basic" pieces like 2x2, 2x3, 2x4 blocks of different colors and a few more sophisticated pieces from stuff I had when I was a kid but I don't have a clue what they even were for originally.
I'm definitely not a creative person so I need to follow instructions and all to build even the most basic stuff :p

Is there a website where I can find cool custom designs (or even official ones) that I can replicate with the random pieces I have? I have many "basic" pieces like 2x2, 2x3, 2x4 blocks of different colors and a few more sophisticated pieces from stuff I had when I was a kid but I don't have a clue what they even were for originally.
I'm definitely not a creative person so I need to follow instructions and all to build even the most basic stuff :p

well rebrickable.com does exactly what you seek.

it will take a while to add your pieces to your account though...

Tomodachi

So I can add the parts I have and he will choose for me stuff I can build? This is a dream come true *__*
It will take weeks to find the code numbers for the pieces I own but I love stuff like this! Thanks a lot!

Darren870

You could try selling your assembled sets on eBay. I've also read great things about people selling their old LEGO to http://theplasticbrick.com/.

Cool thanks. Also found the old manuals on http://www.worldbricks.com/. I don't know if I will have time to assemble them all, but going by ebay prices it might be worth it. Wonder if I could just find a list of all the parts and put them all together as loose.

See how it goes I guess.

Thanks for the help!

Chuckie

Something occurred...

Question: why isn't this thread in Offtopic Community? What would qualify it to go there?

This thread actually totally qualifies. If a thread gets posted in constantly for over a month it is supposed to be moved there.

Something occurred...

Question: why isn't this thread in Offtopic Community? What would qualify it to go there?
This thread actually totally qualifies. If a thread gets posted in constantly for over a month it is supposed to be moved there.

shhhhh, dont tempt fait, the community forums are the graveyard of GAF :-/

So I can add the parts I have and he will choose for me stuff I can build? This is a dream come true *__*
It will take weeks to find the code numbers for the pieces I own but I love stuff like this! Thanks a lot!

yea rebrickable is great :)

mrklaw

MrArseFace

if you're doing individual pieces i'd do those in another tool more suited to loose pieces, and then import them into rebrickable. I can't remember what formats rebrickable will support but take a look.

if you're doing individual pieces i'd do those in another tool more suited to loose pieces, and then import them into rebrickable. I can't remember what formats rebrickable will support but take a look.

speaking of which, I cannot find an export option for my wanted list on bricklink... import no problem but no export...

Top Bottom