• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Favorite minifigs?

3613683417_ec7bba0d0f.jpg

4880314325_57068f3fdc_m.jpg

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

The aquatic minifigs have always been badass.

Katoki

Favorite minifigs?

The aquatic minifigs have always been badass.

That dude with the chrome suit and neon green-yellow visor-like thing was my favorite when I had it as a kid. The ability to add "lights" on their backpack always made them more special than everyone else.

What software do people use to inventory their current sets so they can see what other sets they can build out of them?

Thanks!

Brickset.com is good. You can export it to rebrickable.com to see what other sets or MOCs you can build. It gives you interesting statistics like minifigure count and breakdowns. It's scary how many minifigures I have collected in a little over a year. I'm several hundred deep.

Brickset.com is the go to site for me to find MSRP prices of sets too.

Brickset.com is good. You can export it to rebrickable.com to see what other sets or MOCs you can build. It gives you interesting statistics like minifigure count and breakdowns. It's scary how many minifigures I have collected in a little over a year. I'm several hundred deep.

Brickset.com is the go to site for me to find MSRP prices of sets too.

It also tell you how much you spend ... I mean what your collection worth for your retirement.

I got Nightspeeder set for $3.50 after Amazon points. It's pretty ugly set and pretty much getting it for Savage Opress figure.

iiJVPVPl.jpg

You can brake off the bike into separate vehicle. It's still pretty lame and only other play feature are the three flick missiles, the one in the pod has a lever you can push.

UEVDJIwl.jpg

The only cool part is the gun pod. It's really strange that LEGO decided to print one of the brick element and use stickers on the rest. (Like the ran out of budget or something). Decoration help brake up some of the gray and I like how the sides are slightly raise off the main body and expose red color inside. I wish they were raised higher.

jCGaQGBl.jpg

But let be honest the real selling point is Savage Opress. His face print is really faded because of yellow on black so he looks a bit off and I wish LEGO would have done better job. He comes with separate armor piece. Ventress is also new but I rather prefer her in her robe outfit. Set also comes with Anakin but he came in practically every Clone Wars set.

lmffUo0l.jpg

It also tell you how much you spend ... I mean what your collection worth for your retirement.

I got Nightspeeder set for $3.50 after Amazon points. It's pretty ugly set and pretty much getting it for Savage Opress figure.

iiJVPVPl.jpg

My son got it as a present. Not a set I like. Lots of printed pieces too that aren't reusable. I'm sure it's related to the cartoon so kids who like cartoon would like it.

I like Savage Opress minifig. He almosts looks like a non-clone war cartoon minifig. He also has that cool armor piece.

As I left work, I thought about stopping by TRU to see if they had season 10. I decided not to because I was tired.

I get home to see that on ToysNBricks they have reports of series 10 being at the TRU next to my work.

NOOOOOOOOO!

wetflame

Pizza Dog
The Iron Man 3 Extremis Sea Port Battle set is great. Really awesome minifigs (with the standout one being War Machine) and the boat is pretty decent.
I have been back and forth over this set as the minifigs are great but the price point is just a little high at £20 ($30) so I've been holding off, especially as a boat won't look too great on my desk at work. But seeing as I've already allocated drinks money I didn't spend to LEGO I'll probably go for it.

Ironmask

As I left work, I thought about stopping by TRU to see if they had season 10. I decided not to because I was tired.

I get home to see that on ToysNBricks they have reports of series 10 being at the TRU next to my work.

NOOOOOOOOO!

the same here dude, yesterday i left work and i've found out today that a shop near it has the minifigs, now i have to wait till monday to taste my luck :-(

Currently building the Two-face chase set and i just noticed that it shows Two-Face and his henchmen with one black, one regular hand/glove on the box, while the actual figs do NOT have that feature, but only show 2 regular hands!!!

What gives?

Currently building the Two-face chase set and i just noticed that it shows Two-Face and his henchmen with one black, one regular hand/glove on the box, while the actual figs do NOT have that feature, but only show 2 regular hands!!!

What gives?

That's almost as egregious as the coloring of Luke's hand in the Desert Skiff set!

the same here dude, yesterday i left work and i've found out today that a shop near it has the minifigs, now i have to wait till monday to taste my luck :-(

Building something, it will help with the withdrawal symptoms until you and PhoncipleBone can get your next fix. :)

MjFrancis

9448 Samurai Mech
70500 Kai's Fire Mech

1 guy got left out in the pic.
Got both of them. I've been trying to collect pieces that fit in a classic samurai/ninja theme, but the Samurai Mech in particular is just too neat to pass up even if it doesn't fit with anything else I have.

I'd suggest calling the support.

No way guys! Check this out

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?set=6864-1

This pic even CLEARLY shows ALL henchmen, Two-Face included with BLACK left hands, just as the actual box suggests!

BUT: if you click on the minifig tab it will show them just as i have them here in front of me, with all white hands!! WTF Lego, what nonsense is this?

Does anyone here own this set for comparison?

Think I got enough damn skydivers. I had no idea what I was feeling for at TRU besides Mr. Gold. But now after opening the figs, I know they had a ton of Roman soldiers there. Wish I had snagged more.

ghostmind

Liking that Grandpa minifig!

I decided to buy a box of Series 10 - it should be here in a week or so.

After I get my set of 16, and let my son pick out his choices, I will be selling off the rest.

rallaren

Got both of them. I've been trying to collect pieces that fit in a classic samurai/ninja theme, but the Samurai Mech in particular is just too neat to pass up even if it doesn't fit with anything else I have.
They got it right with that set. I should've built Lex's armor first because now it's not that exciting. Exo-Force had some cool mech sets too.

ghostmind

They got it right with that set. I should've built Lex's armor first because now it's not that exciting. Exo-Force had some cool mech sets too.

Lex-Mech is still pretty cool, but I agree that the Samurai Mech tops it with all the posable joints (and fingers) and that giant sword.

Next up will be Gorzan's Gorilla Mech and the CLS-89 Eradicator from Galaxy Squad.

CvlR9Di.jpg

0ys8SJQ.jpg

hmmblah

Liking that Grandpa minifig!

I decided to buy a box of Series 10 - it should be here in a week or so.

After I get my set of 16, and let my son pick out his choices, I will be selling off the rest.

Did you order off that link you posted earlier? What was the shipping cost?

These are the one I got. Only duplicate one I got was the sea captain. I traded him for bee lady at Bricks and Minifigs store. She is not that great though, compares to bunny- and chicken-man.

3E6VEPol.jpg

My favorites are these three and the sad clown is my favorite from this set.

7IwDm0Ml.jpg

Also got this email from Toys R Us about retiring LEGO set. Do they really know these set are being retire soon? Or is TRU just using it to sell their old stock. I can see Series 9 and may be series 1 planet set being out of production. I don't know about the rest. It seems odd to put that Cap. America and Batman set out of print already. That said, my local area have been out of Cap. America set for awhile now.

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index...3D%20TRU%20LEGO%20Retired%20Dedicated%20Email

Ponn

Banned
I'm torn. I see Attack on Weathertop going OOS alot of places and imagine it starting to jump in price soon. I never was really interested in it, thought it was overpriced (400 some pieces for $60) just for a couple Nazgul and horses. But damn, i'd really like those Nazgul and Merry. I've found several sets they just restocked at my local walmart so I can get it for MSRP but I don't know how long they will stay there. Should I go ahead and bite the bullet and get it so I don't regret it later. I absolutely dislike the rest of the set but I can always use the pieces to build up my Helms Deep scene.

It's making it hard for me to resist because I have $20 in amazon credit and they have Mines of Moria marked down to like $65 and was going to get that friday for $45. Same thing there, don't care for the set but the Troll and minifigs make it hard to resist for that price. The completionist in me is winning this battle.

I'm torn. I see Attack on Weathertop going OOS alot of places and imagine it starting to jump in price soon. I never was really interested in it, thought it was overpriced (400 some pieces for $60) just for a couple Nazgul and horses. But damn, i'd really like those Nazgul and Merry. I've found several sets they just restocked at my local walmart so I can get it for MSRP but I don't know how long they will stay there. Should I go ahead and bite the bullet and get it so I don't regret it later. I absolutely dislike the rest of the set but I can always use the pieces to build up my Helms Deep scene.

It's making it hard for me to resist because I have $20 in amazon credit and they have Mines of Moria marked down to like $65 and was going to get that friday for $45. Same thing there, don't care for the set but the Troll and minifigs make it hard to resist for that price. The completionist in me is winning this battle.

Get it. It is pricey, but it is still a cool lil set. The way it comes together is pretty cool, and has lots of great pieces to reuse later. And you get Nazgul.

flyingpig

Neo Member
Get it. It is pricey, but it is still a cool lil set. The way it comes together is pretty cool, and has lots of great pieces to reuse later. And you get Nazgul.

Also of note, no Nazgul in the other sets planned for this year.

Moria is remaining in production till the end of the year, if that influences you any.

So moria is allegedly in print for the whole year but helm's deep is gone in a month or two? How certain is that? And what about the uruk hai army set?

No danger of any current hobbit sets retiring until the second wave of those eventually materializes, yeah?

Man, I remember these things. My brother and I would build shit all day. I still have nightmares of sorting all of them into different buckets. So addicting.

I have at least 12,000 of them. They've been transferred around a lot between storage and my mom's house, but now they're all in my bedroom closet. It's a shame I don't have the time or mindset to build anymore :/

I was a big fan of the Star Wars sets, but a good portion of my collection are Bionicles and Throwbots.

flyingpig

Neo Member
So moria is allegedly in print for the whole year but helm's deep is gone in a month or two? How certain is that? And what about the uruk hai army set?

No danger of any current hobbit sets retiring until the second wave of those eventually materializes, yeah?

Only Weathertop, Shelob, and Helm's Deep are going away soon. Gandalf Arrives going away on the TRU list is the only thing that doesn't line up with what I was expecting. I missed that on the first look through the list.

All the superheros Ultrabuilds are retired. The planets are on a 3/4 month cycle like the CMFs and Friends pet polybags.

Only Weathertop, Shelob, and Helm's Deep are going away soon. Gandalf Arrives going away on the TRU list is the only thing that doesn't line up with what I was expecting. I missed that on the first look through the list.

All the superheros Ultrabuilds are retired. The planets are on a 3/4 month cycle like the CMFs and Friends pet polybags.

Bought shelob last year, and bought weathertop for the outstanding bargain of 40 bucks a few months ago. Both were wonderful sets.

I need helm's deep.My unhealthy spending habits demand it. Gonna grab it off amazon soon, subsidized by a gift card.

It is bizarre that helms deep is dying, and the expansion set isn't. Oh well. gives me plenty of time to buy multiple copies of it to lengthen the wall and build a nice army.

Helms Deep is a must. Not just because it is cool, has great parts for Mocs, and is fun to build.
It comes with Theoden. One of the most awesome figures of last year.

Outside of that, Shelob has my highest recommendation. Great build and one of the most fun things to pose and play with ever.

Helms Deep is a must. Not just because it is cool, has great parts for Mocs, and is fun to build.
It comes with Theoden. One of the most awesome figures of last year.

Outside of that, Shelob has my highest recommendation. Great build and one of the most fun things to pose and play with ever.

Oh yes. it is currently suspended over my desk clenching a poor mouse plush toy to feast uponl

Top Bottom