• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

jpatez34

Neo Member
My character encyclopedia has arrived:

20130427111050.jpg

Also Orthanc may be the first LotR set I'll buy it look glorious!

Rootbeer

Banned
Even if it is just a reissue, I love the dragon coming out soon. I don't own one so definitely buying.

Speaking of dragons, seems like there's a good chance we could get a LEGO Smaug... that prospect has me excited

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
It hasn't been released, at least not in Sweden. No Galaxy Squad or Lone Ranger yet.
I think Lone Ranger is in July and then both Galaxy Squad waves in August. Excite for both.

No idea what if anything the US is getting, but the second wave of The Hobbit should be about Octoberish?

R-User!

Backside of Mina's Tirith should be a mountain.

Anyways, opened more series 10. Only missing Librarian Girl and Bee Suit. Got extra painters and Sea Captain.

They could make it a hinged/freestanding mountain wall fascade so that you could play with Tirith's innards then when done close it or place Tirith in front of its accompanying wall piece. A 300-X00 piece wall!

Or, frame the back edges of Tirith with a rock colored pieces giving the impression when viewed from the front that it is part of a mountain!

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
Doesn't seem like there's much Galaxy Squad love in EU. I've only seen about 2-3 people post about them in this thread.

As Siegried says, they aren't EU-wide yet. Supposed to be this summer. They definitely will appear over here, and are trickling through - I bought 70701 from the first wave from Luton Airport's duty free shop, and they are listed on various individual EU S@H stores, but not many, and not the UK one. (A bit like how Lone Ranger is in some territories' stores but not others.)

I wonder if they postponed it because so much of the marketing/retail activity for LEGO was dedicated to Chima at the start of the year.

As for Bug Obliterator, it's great - bought it when in the US in March and finished building it last night in fact. LOTS of stickers, but impressive looking.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
The new Castle minifigures look too similar to previous ones. Wish they'd at least try a new color scheme.

The dragon set is an absolute guaranteed purchase. If I ever run out of LotR/hobbit sets to buy I'll consider the castle. It's not a work of brick-art like Orthanc, but it looks so.. warm and cozy? does that make sense?

The other 3 I might buy by virtue of their size. The combo of medieval market village + mill village can always use more dudes.

Goddamn I wish we had more castle sets like that from the castle line.

Need to start keeping a list of "shit I want to MoC...."

The small set that has the horse with that fancy coat is a must buy but everything else seems kinda plain, almost juniorized in a way like how they did with town in 97...though this could be just me being a hater.

rallaren

As Siegried says, they aren't EU-wide yet. Supposed to be this summer. They definitely will appear over here, and are trickling through - I bought 70701 from the first wave from Luton Airport's duty free shop, and they are listed on various individual EU S@H stores, but not many, and not the UK one. (A bit like how Lone Ranger is in some territories' stores but not others.)

I wonder if they postponed it because so much of the marketing/retail activity for LEGO was dedicated to Chima at the start of the year.

As for Bug Obliterator, it's great - bought it when in the US in March and finished building it last night in fact. LOTS of stickers, but impressive looking.
Ah. So we might get them all this summer then. I don't mind... yet.

Ugh, still no Lone Ranger sets in Niagara/Canada. Need... stage... coach...

Yep! Same in the GTA....I was at your Lake Street store on Wed when I flew into Buffalo and it was barren.

For those interested, the second wave of Friends Animals is available. Saw them at a local shop (Mastermind) today.

mrkgoo

Just bought some series 10 minifigs (felt out sea captain, bee girl and sad clown) and the new highway speedster creator.

Love lego.

Master Builders eh? That's the series that's not available in EU right?

Also: obligatory noooooooooo for the Batman game :((( i don't play these games but as a huge Batman fan i would have gotten it for microfig Batman :(

Oooh, steampunk. Sweet Japanese micro building too. I really like the Master Academy Builder sets, but they're too pricey for me. I understand you're paying for the technique training aspect too, but I have too many other LEGO I want to buy.

What is the part in the main center build? The one that looks like a chain track or something surrounding the sides. Is that a normal technic part?

I have been wanting to share my lego room for a while now. I was running a small bricklink store but I have been too busy so I don't sell much anymore. Now I have a ton of cool bricks for moc . I am more of a fan of sets though. Well, here goes!

I would love to see others collections!!

Ignore the mess in all the pics. R2-D2 on the speaker. Best Star on top of the subwoofer. Mini Modulars, Shelob, Gandalf Arrives, and series 9 figs under the TV. Imperial Shuttle on top of the equipment rack with my Steampunk Airship MOC underneath. The wings are up on the Imperial Shuttle to make room for the impending UCS X-Wing.

I recently got a hold of another bookcase a friend's work was tossing out, so the shelves are a bit bare. Before, the shelves you see had all the official modulars still in print, and the now barren table had the SSD and Imperial Shuttle. Now the bookcase has my modular MOCs and lots of random crap I need to clean up.
The empty table will house the B-Wing and maybe something else soon.

The bookcase a friend snagged for me from his job. Adjustable shelves!
SSD and A-Wing on top. In print modulars under it. VW Camper and trains below. Unexpected Gathering, Bug Obliterator, Sith Fury, Star Slicer, Lex Luthor, Thunder Wings, and Power Mech below. The bottom half will be in rotation, but the modulars, SSD, and trains will be permanent.

I also managed to empty a small display shelf area in the spare bedroom to house all my bricks to use later, but they are currently in the living room as I try and make another MOC. I need to find space for my BrickMAX Cinema MOC and Dino Defense HQ. But Dino Defense will be stripped for parts quickly.

Are we getting any Thor set? Or is he not popular enough to warrant his own LEGO line like Iron Man?

On another note, I got Captain America set and it was terrible. That set really is just to sell Cap. They should have include Red Skull instead of the stupid looking alien from the Avengers.

vladdamad

I have

a) zero interest in Lord of the Rings

b) not touched Lego in years

And yet the Tower of Orthanc looks like the greatest thing ever, will definitely be buying it.

Reminds me a lot of the Fright Knights sets from the 90s

Dragoshi1

Went to Legoland Florida yesterday!

Had the time of my life, been wanting to go to one since I first played the Legoland PC game.

Anyway, I came away with some nice stuff.

I got;
3 custom Minifigs
Minecraft Micro World
LotR Shelob Spider(20% off, since the box was damaged and because of my annual pass)
Lone Ranger Stagecoach Escape
Star Wars Micro Umbaran Tank

Also traded some minifigs with employees, walked away with a german soldier, turban wearing magician/hypnotist, and a Daredevil.

Over all, had a blast! Built a cool 6 wheeled car that actually did well on the ramps at the technic area(I made it as obnoxious as possible, think WIDE), and at the Hero Factory room, I built a Dragon as close as I could get to the one in the TV show.

I'd upload pictures, but my internet craps out too much in the morning.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Got my first S10 minifig yesterday.

Paintballer. Now, if I can avoid getting any more of them and not accidentally ending up with 10 of the blighters i'll be fine :p

Top Bottom