• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

R-User!

holy frick...

boonta_eve_classic_-_starting_grid_004.jpg

More here...
http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=76499

Bad Fucking ASS!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Large grains of salt rumor time!

Summer Star Wars sets:

Jabba's Sail Barge, with Jabba, Max Rebo and at least a few more minifigs.

AT-TE from Episode 2 with around 5 minifigs (hope it is compatible with my LAAT/c)

LAAT/i (Republic Gunship) from Episode 2

Didn't they just have the republic gunship, and it as pretty big (that's the one Yoda flies off in at the end right?) could it be UCS?

ghostmind

Didn't they just have the republic gunship, and it as pretty big (that's the one Yoda flies off in at the end right?) could it be UCS?

Last time there was a Republic Gunship it was 2007 with set 7676, which is going for around $320 on Bricklink currently.

The last one was 1034 pieces, and was a great version, so I hope the next one (if there is one) does the previous one even better.

If you, like me, have a little girl in your life who has wanted the Friends Summer Riding Camp for Christmas since it first hit shelves, you are going to want to hit the pavement right now. The online store is sold out until the 22nd and it's already up to $175 on Amazon. I got the last one from my local store and they had to scrounge for it in the back. They got a big shipment in earlier in the week and they burned right through 'em.
My daughter just recently turned 6 years old and she's always loved playing with LEGO, but she's never really had the patience to sit down and put together a set with me. Just the other day, she finally took interest and eagerly started on the Summer Riding Camp and kept at it for quite a while. It was a proud moment for me! She absolutely loves the Friends line and the Summer Riding Camp has a little bit of everything in it which is what makes it a great set.

Here's a great stop-motion LEGO Portal 2 video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL6CE54910432EFBFC&v=6V0R8Qpjl8Q&feature=player_embedded

And did somebody mention a Republic Gunship? Yes please!

Tedesco!

Large grains of salt rumor time!

Summer Star Wars sets:

Jabba's Sail Barge, with Jabba, Max Rebo and at least a few more minifigs.

AT-TE from Episode 2 with around 5 minifigs (hope it is compatible with my LAAT/c)

LAAT/i (Republic Gunship) from Episode 2

GUSH.

Rootbeer

Banned
They sure are going heavy on these Jabba sets lately. Barge will be extremely tempting depending on the minifigs included. I already own the Palace so don't care to own two Jabbas. Slave Leia would be awesome though.

I wish they'd do a new Yoda's Hut to go with my X-Wing.

ghostmind

I'm waiting for someone to MOC a droid torture room to connect to the Rancor pit and fit under the rest of Jabba's palace. I figure we'll see a bunch of these after the Rancor set releases soon.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Anyone interested in a sale of the top of the line Ninjago set? It's only £48.99 or $76 USD. That's about 37% off so it'll probably be the best deal for Xmas.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006ZS4U8Y/
[/IMG]

Managed to pick up Bank & Money Transfer at 46% off instead. Especially considering it's going oop. There are also great deals on Dino sets, but I'll resist for now (spent too much this last month).

51JBm1ub3vL.jpg

Kryten

I'm baking a Lego brick cake for my sons party this weekend and it's going well. Though that wasn't as much fun as buying 14 Series 8 figures and opening them in a race with my wife :) Unfortunately, a few doubles in there but that won't matter for the kids that'll be taking them home (the pirate is staying with me though!).

R-User!

I'm baking a Lego brick cake for my sons party this weekend and it's going well. Though that wasn't as much fun as buying 14 Series 8 figures and opening them in a race with my wife :) Unfortunately, a few doubles in there but that won't matter for the kids that'll be taking them home (the pirate is staying with me though!).

Arrr! I see ye keep ye best one for ye self matey!

Arrr!

neonglow

Managed to pick up Bank & Money Transfer at 46% off instead. Especially considering it's going oop. There are also great deals on Dino sets, but I'll resist for now (spent too much this last month).

51JBm1ub3vL.jpg

That's a good deal. They seem to have a bunch of random stuff on sale. I should figure out what else to get.

What is this new devilry? (quoted for size)

The above is from the Malevolence set. It is the mechanism within the bubble weapon thingy (I think it's an ion cannon?) on each side of the ship. Pretty mind-boggling stuff. Normally, I don't particularly care for flick missiles, but this is an amazing incarnation of the flick missile mechanic. You push on the lever and a missile launches. You then rotate the mechanism so that the next missile is ready to launch. I'm only halfway through the build, so I haven't seen what the mechanism is for the rotating. I'm assuming that there is a mechanism because of the gears. This was some of the weirdest stuff I've yet to see in a LEGO set. Pretty awesome.

The owner of the Malevolence approves:

Kryten

I bake, I don't decorate, but this still turned out ok! The kids are all going to get a minifig to take home after the party (kept the bags/sheets, will put those inside a ziplock). Except for the pirate, he's staying with me.

Kryten said:

Hero

I bake, I don't decorate, but this still turned out ok! The kids are all going to get a minifig to take home after the party (kept the bags/sheets, will put those inside a ziplock). Except for the pirate, he's staying with me.

That's freaking awesome.

I want to host a Lego birthday party now.

That's awesome! And one stud for every year!

ghostmind

The "Retiring Soon" tag on S@H has some new additions:

10212 Imperial Shuttle
10217 Diagon Alley
3182 Airport

... as well as several smaller Star Wars, City, Friends and Games sets.

Chris R

White house was fun, didn't care for the poles though kinda hard to insert them or evenly space them. A bit repetitive too.

I love the LEGO cake!

I heartily recommend Diagon Alley. It is lacking as a playset, but it looks nice, two of the three buildings are really fun to build and utilize some cool techniques. Great chunk of MOC loot in there, too.

I will probably be passing on the Shuttle. I have yet to buy any Star Wars, and when I do that wouldn't really be at the top of my list anyway. That would be the palace-themed sets and the Death Star. Sad to miss it, even though I was expecting to.

Nearing the end of construction on the Dino diorama for my daughter's Christmas. Two 48x48 baseplates almost done, along with a little plate to incorporate the Tower Takedown set and start a river area.

I've got a finished 48x48 jungle area with slots to attach her Raptor Chase and Coelophysis kits (each comes with a little piece of scenery) that climbs at one end to a near-complete 48x48 plate raised to 7 bricks high with a courtyard and attachment points for her to add her Dino Defense HQ when she gets it for Christmas. Just got to get another 90 or so black bricks to finish the edging on the second plate and do a little bit of polishing.

It's been a lot pricier than I expected - I'd hate to check, but I suspect it's somewhere around £150-200 for the lot - but it's turned out really nicely and I'm hoping she'll be happy with it.

Photos soon!

This just got posted in the gaming section

It's the first GTA5 trailer, recreated entirely with LEGO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtUSteNQOpw&feature=youtu.be
pretty cool :)

very nice, hope you had a blast :) - I know I would ;)

Rootbeer

Banned
Diagon has tempted me for a while now... but I think I have enough HP stuff.

Ready to drop $200 on the TMNT sets to the first retailer to offer them :p (sans ebay!)

Can you guys help me with something?

I never received my VIP card in the mail but I've been racking up points. I am going to make a trip to my nearest LEGO store in a few days (it's next to the theater where I'm going to see The Hobbit! Going to be a great day. See the movie then go home with some LEGOs)

If I go into the store without a card am I going to have any trouble using my VIP account? Can they issue me a new card in the store?

Can you guys help me with something?

I never received my VIP card in the mail but I've been racking up points. I am going to make a trip to my nearest LEGO store in a few days (it's next to the theater where I'm going to see The Hobbit! Going to be a great day. See the movie then go home with some LEGOs)

If I go into the store without a card am I going to have any trouble using my VIP account? Can they issue me a new card in the store?
you wont have any trouble.
As long as you know your name and email address.
you will be able to top up points for your purchase without any problems, if you want to use your points you might need to be able to identify yourself, not sure, might depend on the individual.
you wont be able to get a new card in store, you will have to do that by calling their customer support.

nny

thats very nice nny :)

*I have to resist the temptation of the winter village theme...

Thanks; This is a great theme, however I'm still missing the coolest of them all...and by then I will try to resist getting the ones coming out in the future...but we all know how that ends. ;P

judhudson

So...recommended that I should pick up the Grand Emporium this weekend at the LEGO Store if I see it this weekend...seeing as it may be the next modular on the list to be axed?

One quick pic until I can get time and decent lighting to get some more:

Photo0418.jpg
so cool, be sure to post how your daughter reacts when she sees it :D

Thanks; This is a great theme, however I'm still missing the coolest of them all...and by then I will try to resist getting the ones coming out in the future...but we all know how that ends. ;P

yea that seems overly optimistic...

So...recommended that I should pick up the Grand Emporium this weekend at the LEGO Store if I see it this weekend...seeing as it may be the next modular on the list to be axed?

I dont get it why would GE go before FB... :S confusing me...

#####################

so I just had a mind-blwon experience!
tumblr_lzxqjqCCfU1qdbdo6.gif
tumblr_lzxqjqCCfU1qdbdo6.gif

you know how the selection in the Pick a Brick shop online is kinda limited?!
well I just asked the woman from customer support wether it was possible to order bricks from active sets even if they are not in the PaB department.
I was expecting a: yes, but its very complicated and very limited.
hell no...
you can litteraly choose any set, say what parts you would like and how many.
add as many lots from as many sets as you like...

main page on LEGO.com at the bottom left
EoCyrm.png

missing parts

enter age and location (only works for grownups !;)

To buy a piece

Bricks and piece selection

enter any set number and choose away...
add an aditional set with the button over your shopping cart.

you can even search for older sets eg UCS Millennium Falcon
some parts are no longer available, but lots are, and lots are cheaper than on bricklink!

once you "order" you dont order straight away, they will then check your list if everything you want is really deliverable, so you get a complete list a few days later with all the bricks that are available and how much they will cost, you can then change things one last time before the final order.

I just blew 223€ on bricks for my UCS Millenium Falcom project ^^

which is while we are at it (not counting the above order ) at this stage
SyEgGm.png

so cool, be sure to post how your daughter reacts when she sees it :D

Will do :)

Plan at the moment is to hide it away, then once her little sisters are in bed we'll sit down to build the Dino HQ. It's not a huge set, so we should be done that evening, at which point I'll get to do the "well, this is cool, but you know what would it make it better..." routine and give her the landscape to sit it on. I've got another 48x48 baseplate and a set of plates and foliage so she can clip a new one on and get going with expanding it herself too. Fingers crossed!

R-User!

Phonciple! Are you a B&N member? I'm wondering how often B&N has 30% off coupons for one item on their main page like they did for black Friday. I got the email as a member for the 25% off 1
Item offer, but it says for members only, AND on B&N's app
mobile site it says:

Note: This item does not qualify for coupons or promotional discounts unless expressly stated.
A new item is not available from Barnes & Noble.com at this time.

So, is this a new thing? Limiting
usefulness of coupons against
Licensed sets?

Edit: I wouldn't want to drive with a printed coupon if the same thing applies in store, and I wouldn't want to tip off the employees to the details of the coupon if they don't know how it works (but the coupon will still go through for some reason) ...I want to be able to buy whatever Lego they have in store and not worry about limitations... :)

MrDaravon

Well fuck, I don't think I'll be able to swing the Shuttle before it goes OOP. I probably wouldn't really have the money until February.

What is this S@H you guys refer to that is listing things as going out of print soon? I'm needing to jump on the Shuttle Expedition before it goes, if it's going.

What is this S@H you guys refer to that is listing things as going out of print soon? I'm needing to jump on the Shuttle Expedition before it goes, if it's going.

We could tell you, but that site is a very well kept secret that only a handful of people know about, you could never never guess what that site is, not even in a million years.

It's the official LEGO shop site a.k.a LEGO Shop at Home thus "S@H"

Edit: Damn you FliXFantatier, you ruined my snarky reply

Phonciple! Are you a B&N member? I'm wondering how often B&N has 30% off coupons for one item on their main page like they did for black Friday. I got the email as a member for the 25% off 1
Item offer, but it says for members only, AND on B&N's app
mobile site it says:

Note: This item does not qualify for coupons or promotional discounts unless expressly stated.
A new item is not available from Barnes & Noble.com at this time.

So, is this a new thing? Limiting
usefulness of coupons against
Licensed sets?

Edit: I wouldn't want to drive with a printed coupon if the same thing applies in store, and I wouldn't want to tip off the employees to the details of the coupon if they don't know how it works (but the coupon will still go through for some reason) ...I want to be able to buy whatever Lego they have in store and not worry about limitations... :)
It was a members only coupon. And like I mentioned earlier, it was a unique code to just your member number. It should work on sets in store though.

Top Bottom