• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Ainaurdur

I finally completed my B-Wing. I feel like I don't want to breathe on it. Wish the stand actually held it in place somehow instead of just propping it up. Suppose I could make a few adjustments. I have left the orange dot stickers off of it for now.

He had landed...
tZwpvhb.jpg

V4to34h.jpg
The town looked a little rough.
He wasn't too sure about this. Never know what sorts of locals you might pick up.
Definitely *not* Council approved. And as we were saying...
"Hulk Smash? Nay ol' chap, Hulk commandeer!"

Ponn

Banned
So when will the life size X-wing go up for sale on Lego store and how much? I wonder if they will give a free polybag with it.

Ainaurdur

It was inevitable that we were moved to Community. I am honestly surprised it took this long.

The real trick is pulling others into the fold now.

We could try dropping hints at the appropriate times in threads related to things that Lego has in common.

Tolkien. Marvel. DC. Architecture. Star Wars. TMNT. Lone Ranger coming up... and anywhere else we can think of logical connections. Just as long as we resist being obnoxious with it. ;)

R-User!

It was inevitable that we were moved to Community. I am honestly surprised it took this long.

The real trick is pulling others into the fold now.

I hope we can, but how many times a year will we be able to create a new news thread in the OT? 5? 10?

I don't want to sound pessimistic, but I think that it might be harder to get new peeps to join the fold when our exposure to daily views is diminished. I hope I'm wrong though! :)

neonglow

Surprised nobody commented on this. Guess it got lost on the last post of the page.

It seems expensive for what it is. The lowest tier plan won't cut it for $10-20 sets. Might as well just get your kids the actual set.

It doesn't seem like the target audience would be kids since they love getting more bricks to build from their imaginations. It seems to target people that just like to experience building from instructions and then sending it back. I can't imagine being the employee that has to check to make sure all the parts are there.

I hope we can, but how many times a year will we be able to create a new news thread in the OT? 5? 10?

I don't want to sound pessimistic, but I think that it might be harder to get new peeps to join the fold when our exposure to daily views is diminished. I hope I'm wrong though! :)

You are not wrong, we are in purgatory of NeoGaf. Ugh! I would post more picture to Pick Up thread and link back to LEGO Gaf, that might at least get some on gaming side to see it. Though lately I really don't like to go to gaming side. I am not excited by Microsoft latest offering but some of the stuff on gaming side is borderline psychotic. And the term Xbone is just as stupid as AFOLs.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I subscribe to the thread so its not a big deal for me. People will still come. You underestimate LEGO!

The Doop

Just bought the green Sopwith Camel and making my way through it. Fun build so far and I can't wait to see how it all comes together. Much bigger than I was expecting which is cool. Unfortunately, my box was missing two semi-large plates so I'll be waiting a week or two to complete it. Booooooo!!!

It seems expensive for what it is. The lowest tier plan won't cut it for $10-20 sets. Might as well just get your kids the actual set.

It doesn't seem like the target audience would be kids since they love getting more bricks to build from their imaginations. It seems to target people that just like to experience building from instructions and then sending it back. I can't imagine being the employee that has to check to make sure all the parts are there.

I think the idea is to get the full year paid at like $20 a month which gets you access to everything.

The highlights I see so far is Arkham Asylum, Super Star Destroyer, Pet Shop, Millenium Falcon, Green Grocer, Death Star, Imperial Shuttle, Taj Mahal, and Eiffel Tower.

The selection could be better, but there's some out of print stuff in there too which is kind of neat.

You are not wrong, we are in purgatory of NeoGaf. Ugh! I would post more picture to Pick Up thread and link back to LEGO Gaf, that might at least get some on gaming side to see it. Though lately I really don't like to go to gaming side. I am not excited by Microsoft latest offering but some of the stuff on gaming side is borderline psychotic. And the term Xbone is just as stupid as AFOLs.

Bullcrap. As someone who hates "AFOL" xbone is hilarious.

Perhaps I should advertise lego-gaf by posting photos of my superhero minifigs alongside comics in the comic thread whenever I buy new books.

ghostmind

Perhaps I should advertise lego-gaf by posting photos of my superhero minifigs alongside comics in the comic thread whenever I buy new books.

Comic-GAF would be a good place to tie into during SDCC, and possibly NYCC as well.

The same goes for Hobbit-GAF and Star Wars-GAF.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
If you build it, they will come?

Exacly

MwJB8kc.jpg

A MOC of what the Ewok Village *could* look like. I would like to think that the real deal will be significantly larger.

Well I was excited about what it could be....until I saw this. Now I have zero interest. This leaves me wanting more. I know its just a mock, but I hope the official one is way better.

MwJB8kc.jpg

A MOC of what the Ewok Village *could* look like. I would like to think that the real deal will be significantly larger.

That's a nice MOC, but only looks like a $120 set only because of so many minifigures. You need to buy 2 UCS Ewok villages to make it bigger!

This guy's MOC kinda makes any UCS Ewok Village look kinda lame. Check out his photostream for the final and full MOC. I couldn't find a good shot of the Village part of final version.

A little bit more done by brickplumber, on Flickr

R-User!

Comic-GAF would be a good place to tie into during SDCC, and possibly NYCC as well.

The same goes for Hobbit-GAF and Star Wars-GAF.

It's interesting that Comic-GAF gets to populate on OTStandard, while we end up being required to communicate here in OTCommunity...

What makes their thread different then ours? Do they just not post as often as us? That's probably it isn't?

It's interesting that Comic-GAF gets to populate on OTStandard, while we end up being required to communicate here in OTCommunity...

What makes their thread different then ours? Do they just not post as often as us? That's probably it isn't?

Monthly restarts probably make it seem less community-ish to the mods if none of them post in it.

Welcome to the Community forum folks. I don't think this will change much for us, as we'll still be an open and inviting place for all who want to join in on the conversation.

LEGO-GAF is best GAF.

Wow, it took this long? I thought after last fall's "No more mega-threads" ordinance we would have moved much sooner. Not that it bothers me. LEGO-GAF is always an open tab in my iPhone and iPad.

Moved to the Megablocks of sub forums. :(
:LOL, that's the sad truth.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Wife and I are at Downtown Disney. Probably going to peek inside the LEGO store just to check their PAB and any random tidbits. I do like this store more than my local store.

Wife and I are at Downtown Disney. Probably going to peek inside the LEGO store just to check their PAB and any random tidbits. I do like this store more than my local store.

It is huge! I try to go there whenever I fly into Orlando.

Have they updated the brick built statues outside the store recently?

Holy s...that set looks pretty sweet. Having seen the DeLorean in real life, I'm compelled to buy it when it comes out.

The set I mean.

Though I'd be happy with a DeLorean too.

TripOpt55

I want to go to a LEGO store. There seems to be one fairly close in a neighboring state. Might be worth a drive to see what it is like.

Just got my customer service replacement order for my missing series 10 pieces n they sent me the big chima set at no cost as well...

So my bad luck turned around good :D

Am I the only one that didn't get a Chima set free? Lol.

Anyways, had a coupon and snagged Warp Stinger at BN tonight. Cool set when done, but wish the bug body was bendable. The nice thing is I think I can remove some of the support axles in it and make it look like it is flying at an angle.

Of the bug sets, I put this at 3rd. Hive Crawler is king. Space Swarmer is second.

Top Bottom