• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

10236 Star Wars Ewok Village $249.99

Ewok Village I am expecting around 2,500 to 3,000 pcs. So no where near the Death Star in piece count.

That's the same price as Town Hall and it's $50 more than the UCS X-Wing (@ 1,500 pieces).

Using Star Wars pricing I think your estimate may be high. I bet it's slightly more than the X-Wing with many minifigs.

10234 Sydney Opera House $279.99

Sydney Opera House is going to be HUGE!

Ewok Village I am expecting around 2,500 to 3,000 pcs. So no where near the Death Star in piece count.

Oh man, I can't wait too see the Opera House. So many white pieces.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.

/Sigh I will be buying all of these. DAMN IT! Will have to wait until next year for most of them. Hopefully Ewok Village is not impressive, so I won't want it.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
You're gonna hate me...

So I bought twelve random minifigs off S@H. They arrived today. I wasn't that lucky with the allocation... I have no use for the 1800's soldiers or the baseball players, but the extra old man will be useful and I can probably find a use for extra red cloaks.

And then for one of them I noticed something strange. A straight rod? No figure in this series has that... unless...

So, a ridiculously rare figure I don't need. He's going away, the question is where to.

He sells for $600+ on Ebay, but I'm very wary of scammers. Mine obviously hasn't been opened or the code registered. So, is there any serious collector here who wants a shot at him for less than that?

I'm not giving him away, but a trade of a reasonable value would be interesting. The upcoming LotR sets, modulars or possibly some other cool collectible are what I'm looking for. If you're in Europe, shipping is probably easier (for you, this will be rather cheap, except of course insurance).

Wow, congrats :)

You can ship via a courier like DHL/UPS with tracking and insurance. That should be safe.

rallaren

N3gV0O0.jpg
What they couldn't make C-3PO in the correct color..?

mrkgoo

You're gonna hate me...

So I bought twelve random minifigs off S@H. They arrived today. I wasn't that lucky with the allocation... I have no use for the 1800's soldiers or the baseball players, but the extra old man will be useful and I can probably find a use for extra red cloaks.

ymW6zzI.jpg

And then for one of them I noticed something strange. A straight rod? No figure in this series has that... unless...

JXnZgON.jpg

So, a ridiculously rare figure I don't need. He's going away, the question is where to.

He sells for $600+ on Ebay, but I'm very wary of scammers. Mine obviously hasn't been opened or the code registered. So, is there any serious collector here who wants a shot at him for less than that?

I'm not giving him away, but a trade of a reasonable value would be interesting. The upcoming LotR sets, modulars or possibly some other cool collectible are what I'm looking for. If you're in Europe, shipping is probably easier (for you, this will be rather cheap, except of course insurance).

That's awesome!

You're gonna hate me...

ymW6zzI.jpg

JXnZgON.jpg

Congrats on Mr. Gold.

Happy yet disappointed Ewok Village isn't a monster to rival Best Star.

And Sydney Opera House better be glorious.

I sorted out the pieces of the 733 Universal Building Set, and man, this was awesome back then. Four major builds in one, tons and tons of blue slopes and some cool detail pieces. And it also took a huge chunk out of the unsorted bags I have left.

Running out of actual sets left to build, so at some point I'll just label the rest "misc" and store it as is.

Jamie Berard has been awfully quiet lately - wonder if he's the one doing the Opera House, since the Tower Bridge was his project.

Mother of god. Please let him be the designer.

I'm really hoping that the upcoming summer (US) catalog will have a 10% coupon. If so, it's going towards the Galactic Titan!

If anyone on here gets a coupon and is willing to part with it, I will take it. Titan for me too. :)

neonglow

You're gonna hate me...

ymW6zzI.jpg

JXnZgON.jpg

Congrats! It's nice to hear of someone getting it from S@H. I guess it's true they don't feel the bags beforehand there.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Sent my email to Support and they are sending me the Iron Man figure because I didn't get on at the store. The support rep said he would make an exception. I think since I spent so much they found it fair to give me a free figure set since I missed out. I love LEGO support.

A few months ago I had my 30th, and my fiancee had something special on order for me which hadn't turned up on time. Long story full of delays and excuses from the supplier, but it finally arrived today.

P12d5oc.jpg

BEST STAR.
So good.

All of this is funny/ironic too, as for our first anniversary (a week after my B'Day), I got her UCS R2-D2, which had been on order for two months and had only just barely arrived in time.

Should go well together :)

oVaxsL9.jpg

A few months ago I had my 30th, and my fiancee had something special on order for me which hadn't turned up on time. Long story full of delays and excuses from the supplier, but it finally arrived today.

P12d5oc.jpg

BEST STAR.
So good.

All of this is funny/ironic too, as for our first anniversary (a week after my B'Day), I got her UCS R2-D2, which had been on order for two months and had only just barely arrived in time.

Should go well together :)

oVaxsL9.jpg

I anxiously await your impressions of the Best Star. It will be a sad day indeed when that set goes away.

Jimbro72

Hey everyone! After lurking the past 170+ pages of this thread, I figured it was time to officially join in the fun since it looks like a great group here. I've been a SW LEGO collector since the line started (probably have 90-95% of the line) but have finally given in to multiple other lines since the beginning of the year (partly due to this thread and partly just wanting to stop drooling over all the other cool non-SW sets out there) and have since started collecting several other lines much to my wallet and already huge backlog's dismay.

So does any one here build and then keep displayed most of their collection or do most of you eventually tear it down and only have a few out due to space concerns while the rest go into the collection of sorted pieces? Sadly once I build a set, I have a hard time tearing it down, so I'm finding display space a big issue now, even though I have a dedicated room to my collection, hence my huge backlog of unopened sets. I'm thinking I'm going to have to either bag up some of the older, smaller sets while keeping the bigger, more displayable sets out, or start rotating some of them out. Just wondering if others are facing a similar dilemma and how you deal with it.

Hey everyone! After lurking the past 170+ pages of this thread, I figured it was time to officially join in the fun since it looks like a great group here. I've been a SW LEGO collector since the line started (probably have 90-95% of the line) but have finally given in to multiple other lines since the beginning of the year (partly due to this thread and partly just wanting to stop drooling over all the other cool non-SW sets out there) and have since started collecting several other lines much to my wallet and already huge backlog's dismay.

So does any one here build and then keep displayed most of their collection or do most of you eventually tear it down and only have a few out due to space concerns while the rest go into the collection of sorted pieces? Sadly once I build a set, I have a hard time tearing it down, so I'm finding display space a big issue now, even though I have a dedicated room to my collection, hence my huge backlog of unopened sets. I'm thinking I'm going to have to either bag up some of the older, smaller sets while keeping the bigger, more displayable sets out, or start rotating some of them out. Just wondering if others are facing a similar dilemma and how you deal with it.

If space is an issue, rotate out the displayed sets. It keeps the room fresh, and lets you have the fun of rebuilding some great sets.

Sadly, it also gives you the not so fun chore of sorting your collection of pieces (unless you keep the broken down display sets separate), and also taking apart some difficult sets. The wings on the Imperial Shuttle were such a pain in the rear to take apart.

Jimbro72

If space is an issue, rotate out the displayed sets. It keeps the room fresh, and lets you have the fun of rebuilding some great sets.

Sadly, it also gives you the not so fun chore of sorting your collection of pieces (unless you keep the broken down display sets separate), and also taking apart some difficult sets. The wings on the Imperial Shuttle were such a pain in the rear to take apart.

I guess I may have to start packing up some of the older, smaller sets if I want room for the new, larger stuff. Not sure I'd ever take down or take apart my Imp Shuttle, or any other UCS set, as that is one of the best displayable pieces out there.

Dat instruction book! It is bigger than a lot of actual sets.

Yeah I know right lol

Nice one - and welcome!
I've only recently started collecting - maybe 12 months ago - so it pains me to look back on the older SW sets I missed!

For a while, I had all of mine displayed, but it was too cumbersome and I just didn't have the room. When I moved house last month, I pulled nearly all of my sets down, so they're all in storage now, 'cept for the X-Wing and my latest, which is Darth Maul's Infiltrator. Missus has the UCS R2-D2, which we have assembled and I'll soon be putting the Death Star together, so they'll be the only ones on show at this stage. Looking for better display cabinet options, but I'll probably just cycle through the built/rebuilt for a while now with what space we have.

Congrats on both!

Thank you!

Welcome.

I have almost nothing on display. Space being main issue ( wifey wouldn't like me displaying in most places where there is space :) ).

I usually break down my sets to add to my collective for MOC's. I highly recommend breaking down sets and storing them if you have that many new sets. Sets that are built take up double or more space than broken down. Also, unless you have a ton of adjustable shelves to stack with minimum wasted space, you'll quickly run out of space.

I keep large sets like Black Pearl and Modular sets intact unless I need the pieces. Once I get some of the Star Wars UCS items, I probably will not break those down. I do not have any Star Wars UCS sets at this time, but I plan on getting R2-D2 and Red Five X-Wing eventually. Tower of Orthanc will remain once I get that also.

I've only recently started collecting - maybe 12 months ago - so it pains me to look back on the older SW sets I missed!

It's been about 1 1/2 years since I started up again as an adult. I think you're OK with missing most of the older SW sets as many of the iconic ones are recycled and improved. X-Wing is a perfect example. I hope you got the Imperial Shuttle. There are only a few I don't see them revisiting anytime soon if at all like the Tantive IV. I'm waiting anxiously for an AT-AT revisit.

Welcome to the club!

I honestly keep a few sets displayed but there is not enough room in my place to display them all, I have quite a few large sets and there are so many smaller sets...I'd be practically stepping on them so I often take them apart and organize them by sets...any loose pieces go to the loose pieces bags but I wouldn't mind having more loose pieces to just build random things.

I also liked to rotate what sets I have displayed and which ones get stashed away...some I put them together once and then never put them together again lol

Cruzito

Neo Member
Celebrated what was probably my best birthday ever this past Saturday.

My wife and kid surprised me with these:

WhUYHDH.jpg

AND I treated myself to something extra special...

I sold 1 G.I. Joe piece to pay for 3,803 pieces!

3BeWelX.jpg

Need to finish the wings on the Shuttle before I can crack open dat BIG BOX!

Calm Killer

Welcome to the group!

WhUYHDH.jpg

AND I treated myself to something extra special...

3BeWelX.jpg

Need to finish the wings on the Shuttle before I can crack open dat BIG BOX!
Another Best Star!

Matt

Based on your current purchases, I think Haunted House and Arkham Asylum are in your future. Best you don't get convinced to try another theme (reverse psychology).

I was at the Lego store today, checked out both of those sets and...they just weren't doing it for me. Don't get me wrong, they were very cool, but... maybe I need to cool down a bit from my last few purchases, maybe do some smaller ones.

Hey everyone! .... I've been a SW LEGO collector since the line started (probably have 90-95% of the line)

Welcome to the thread! Post pics. We all love pics.

I put a ring on it last week while we were on holidays too, so this was just the icing on the cake haha!

Congratulations! That's fantastic.

3BeWelX.jpg

I need to ask, what'd you sell to get the Best Star? I was thinking about big sets and the HQ doesn't appear to go for much. Did you sell an original Zarana mold or something?

I was at the Lego store today, checked out both of those sets and...they just weren't doing it for me. Don't get me wrong, they were very cool, but... maybe I need to cool down a bit from my last few purchases, maybe do some smaller ones.

Good idea! Get one sample set of each theme in the $9-$12!

To each his/her own, but I'm surprised at the haunted house. Maybe around Halloween it'll grown on you. Since you like the modulars, perhaps this is more your taste.

Im so running out of room in my office. I still have like 15 sets left in the closet.

There are plenty here that would be glad to build those sets for you! :)

Jimbro72

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Welcome to the thread! Post pics. We all love pics.

I can do that. Gotta take some first but perhaps later this week I'll get some taken and posted. Suppose it's a good idea anyway before I start selecting certain sets to be dismantled and bagged up so more can take its place on the shelves.

Nice haul and happy belated b-day. Mine was a week ago and my wife got me the VW Camper Van. Really fun build and very cool finished model. But enjoy that build of the Death Star (you, too, Deadpool), as it really is one of the best sets I've put together, especially as all those scenes start taking shape.

Ainaurdur

My mind has been racing as I anticipate Orthanc. I hope LotR wave 3 brings us some Easterlings! And many other battle packs!

I will buy much, ____ son of ______, too much!

Galactic Titan is not available to order on TRU.com. It does not show up on LEGO.com. Why? Is LEGO intentionally waiting until I have the cash to get it? It is killing me, because after plowing through so many Galaxy Squad sets over the last few weeks, my need for the Titan is insanely high.

My mind has been racing as I anticipate Orthanc. I hope LotR wave 3 brings us some Easterlings! And many other battle packs!

I will buy much, ____ son of ______, too much!

man, I really do hope they do battle packs for it... Southrons would be pretty easy with Ninjago parts and Easterlings would just be fun.

ghostmind

Galactic Titan is not available to order on TRU.com. It does not show up on LEGO.com. Why? Is LEGO intentionally waiting until I have the cash to get it? It is killing me, because after plowing through so many Galaxy Squad sets over the last few weeks, my need for the Titan is insanely high.

Galactic Blue Balls is more like it. I cannot find the set through any of the usual channels.

Galactic Blue Balls is more like it. I cannot find the set through any of the usual channels.

I check TRU near home and the one near work every day wanting to find it. I don't think it has shipped out at all yet. Grrrrr.

But again, probably for the best, because if I wait I wont have to use the credit card. I can use cash. MUST BE STRONG! Must finish my space battlefield to put all the sets on once I have them all.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Nice to get an update on that Opera House! Can't wait to see it! Thank's ghostmind!

Edit:

Five Thousand Plus Pieces?! I simply WILL buy it!

/Hotel owner in Ghostbusters

I kind of wish the Opera House was $50 more. Then I'd think they were going to beat the Taj Mahal for biggest set...

Top Bottom