• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

bodine1231

I think you win for most LEGO purchases for September! What was your total spend?

Probably around 600.00,give or take. Everything in the pic was bought on clearance,even the modular. Looking at my S@H cart though, in preparation of double VIP, the order total is almost $900.00! A few thing are gonna have to get cut unfortunately because of PS4 and Xbone. I'm tempted to keep one console and sell the other as I'm sure they'll be going for a premium right after launch and I can use all that money towards a huge S@H double VIP order!

I also had to hold back from buying more clearance stuff today too. They just put out a TON of Superhero sets and I want to get the Marvel and Batman minifigures. I decided to hold off and just Bricklink the figures I want because a majority of the Superhero sets are just boring vehicles that will just go back in the box. The Batman set is the exception because it has the Batmobile and that will go great with Arkham next month!

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I got an email from toys r us showing the Star Wars planets on sale for $6 a piece. Limit of 4 per customer.

neonglow

I got an email from toys r us showing the Star Wars planets on sale for $6 a piece. Limit of 4 per customer.

I think that's in stores only. You might be able to combine it with this week's promo: buy $20 worth of LEGO and get a free seaplane polybag.

LEGO-30225-City-Seaplane-Polybag-Set-Toysnbricks.jpg

Probably around 600.00,give or take. Everything in the pic was bought on clearance,even the modular. Looking at my S@H cart though, in preparation of double VIP, the order total is almost $900.00! A few thing are gonna have to get cut unfortunately because of PS4 and Xbone. I'm tempted to keep one console and sell the other as I'm sure they'll be going for a premium right after launch and I can use all that money towards a huge S@H double VIP order!

I also had to hold back from buying more clearance stuff today too. They just put out a TON of Superhero sets and I want to get the Marvel and Batman minifigures. I decided to hold off and just Bricklink the figures I want because a majority of the Superhero sets are just boring vehicles that will just go back in the box. The Batman set is the exception because it has the Batmobile and that will go great with Arkham next month!

Nice. Where are you located that you found a modular on clearance?

Guess whose gonna have big balls if I can find them for that price.

Ryuuroden

OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN! Glorious evening

So here's the story; 2 days ago I saw that link to the site that posts LEGO Store brickwalls. I had no idea that site existed before then. I go looking on it, "Oh gee, there's a store in Troy (Detroit) Michigan" "Oh gee that's 6 miles from the job we are driving up to" (I was in the company van with my co-worker heading up to Detroit from Columbus). This got me thinking, "I should check out the brick wall at that store!"

So that lead up to today where at work I convinced my company to let me use the van for personal reasons. I told them I wanted to go to the LEGO Store to check out the brick wall. My boss, knowing how huge a LEGO nut I am, said sure, so off I went.

And that leads me to my haul. They had a full box of dark bley 6x16 plates (THIS IS LIKE THE MOST HOLY GRAIL OF ALL HOLY GRAIL FOR ME, being a major modular builder and its something I NEVER find on a brick wall, let alone an entire box.) So yeah, instant 70 dollars spent right there. Then they had a plethora of different sized tiles in different colors; 3 more large containers filled there. AND this isn't the end, THEY HAD BLOODY WINDOWS the 4x3 type AND THE GLASS - 2 more containers filled. Tree leaves, CHECK - another container filled.......and there was even more shit I NEVER EVER see at my local store but I had to cut myself off, lol

So during all of this, I'm chatting with the employers there, and I mention how bummed I am that I wont be able to get the LEGO MOVIE poster sticker cause I ship everything I order to a UPS Store and LEGO S@H refuses to ship to third parties >.<. The employee tells me to hang on a minute, he goes in back and comes out with the blooming sticker sheet and gives it to me so now I have that for my palace cinema too. Needless to say I am probably the most excited 30 year old LEGO shopper they have seen in some time.

OH yeah, I spent enough so I got my mini VW to go with my big VW :)

So here's the story; 2 days ago I saw that link to the site that posts LEGO Store brickwalls. I had no idea that site existed before then. I go looking on it, "Oh gee, there's a store in Troy (Detroit) Michigan" "Oh gee that's 6 miles from the job we are driving up to" (I was in the company van with my co-worker heading up to Detroit from Columbus). This got me thinking, "I should check out the brick wall at that store!"

So that lead up to today where at work I convinced my company to let me use the van for personal reasons. I told them I wanted to go to the LEGO Store to check out the brick wall. My boss, knowing how huge a LEGO nut I am, said sure, so off I went.

And that leads me to my haul. They had a full box of dark bley 6x16 plates (THIS IS LIKE THE MOST HOLY GRAIL OF ALL HOLY GRAIL FOR ME, being a major modular builder and its something I NEVER find on a brick wall, let alone an entire box.) So yeah, instant 70 dollars spent right there. Then they had a plethora of different sized tiles in different colors; 3 more large containers filled there. AND this isn't the end, THEY HAD BLOODY WINDOWS the 4x3 type AND THE GLASS - 2 more containers filled. Tree leaves, CHECK - another container filled.......and there was even more shit I NEVER EVER see at my local store but I had to cut myself off, lol

So during all of this, I'm chatting with the employers there, and I mention how bummed I am that I wont be able to get the LEGO MOVIE poster sticker cause I ship everything I order to a UPS Store and LEGO S@H refuses to ship to third parties >.<. The employee tells me to hang on a minute, he goes in back and comes out with the blooming sticker sheet and gives it to me so now I have that for my palace cinema too. Needless to say I am probably the most excited 30 year old LEGO shopper they have seen in some time.

For windows, were they traditional 1x2xwhatever windows? With glass? If so, please god could you get tons of that for me. I will send a set or something. That is a holy grail for me too. I got tons of glass doors and door frames months ago, but windows are gold.

Edit: 1x4x3? With glass? Still solid fucking gold. Insanely jealous.

Ryuuroden

For windows, were they traditional 1x2xwhatever windows? With glass? If so, please god could you get tons of that for me. I will send a set or something. That is a holy grail for me too. I got tons of glass doors and door frames months ago, but windows are gold.

Edit: 1x4x3? With glass? Still solid fucking gold. Insanely jealous.

Yeah, I still am hoping to find the 2x2 ones somewhere someday, I use those a lot on buildings and if I ever find them I am buying an entire box.

If this was the store near my house, I would love to do trades but this one is 5 hours from it and I don't want to ask to borrow the van again. I want to save those borrowing occasions for when I am in other cities with LEGO Stores.

Yeah, I still am hoping to find the 2x2 ones somewhere someday, I use those a lot on buildings and if I ever find them I am buying an entire box.

If this was the store near my house, I would love to do trades but this one is 5 hours from it and I don't want to ask to borrow the van again. I want to save those borrowing occasions for when I am in other cities with LEGO Stores.
5 hours? That is dedication, man! Congrats on the find though.

Ryuuroden

5 hours? That is dedication, man! Congrats on the find though.

Well it is dedication, but the job is a 4 day job so boss is paying for hotel and the hotel is 6 miles from the store. That's why I was like "hey boss, there's a LEGO store 6 miles away, can I borrow the company van for personal reasons (to buy LEGO)" and being the cool boss he is, and knowing my hobby, said yes. I just don't want to push it by asking to borrow it 2 days in a row for personal reasons.

neonglow

I just built my seaplane polybag. It turned out nicely and is in the general shape of a plane. If you guys find it at Toys R Us, be sure to get one for $4.

Seeing Ryuuroden and PhoncipleBone talking about PAB Wall go my addiction going.
I've been seeing a lot of cool LEGO pieces showing up on http://www.brickbuildr.com/view/pab/ which lists pieces seen at PAB at different LEGO stores.

If anyone sees these parts, can you pick up a bunch and send them to me. PM me and we can discuss payment and such. Help a fellow addict out please. :)

Highest on my list of wants are the 2x2 in white, black, or any grey. The leaves pieces are super high too.

TILES
2x2 Dark Bluish Gray large cup
2x2 Light Bluish Gray large cup
2x2 Orange large cup
2x2 White large cup
1x2 Green small cup
1x2 Pink small cup
1x2 Purple small cup
1x2 Trans-Light Blue small cup
1x2 White large cup

PLANTS
4x6 Palm Leaf large cup
6x5 Leaves large cup x 2

MISC
2x2x2 Soccer Ball small cup
6x7 Spider Web small cup

I'm in the Orange County/Los Angeles area. If you see any of them at the Orange County locations just let me know please. Costa Mesa location is my regular hunting ground.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.

Excellent story man. I love hearing what other people get from the PAB wall. Makes me jealous and want to drive to my nearest store. Congrats. 6x16 plate is crazy!

I went to the dentist today, so I treated myself to some Lego. Well, technically I only took some x-rays but that counts, right?

Got Gatehouse Raid and a Leonidas speeder, for parts in both cases. I'll probably give Leo to someone who appreciates him more.

shadow29

Neo Member
Finally the announced the Utah Lego Store opening date! Oct 4-6!

I don't know if Ill stop by early enough for any of the special give aways. Really depends on the minifigs they plan on giving out on Sunday. I usually watch football then...

I Will make note of whats there on the PAB wall when I arrive and take any orders of what ends up being there. Since its an opening, my expectations are pretty low though. I imagine it will be full of bricks more tiered towards kids for that weekend atleast.

rallaren

I went to the dentist today, so I treated myself to some Lego. Well, technically I only took some x-rays but that counts, right?

Got Gatehouse Raid and a Leonidas speeder, for parts in both cases. I'll probably give Leo to someone who appreciates him more.
The bigger Chima sets have all plentfiul of awesome minifigs including weapons. They have climbed high on my list after seeing them in person with the Eagle Interceptor.

Ponn

Banned
So I think I got my gameplan for Oct S@H to get the free xmas set and double VIP.

Halloween Accessory set (Hopefully still on sale and still avail)
Pumpkin set (again, hopefully still avail, want that for my desk and will stick a light brick in it)
8 CMF series 11
Arkham Asylum
Winter Village Market

That should roughly give me 600 points and with the 200 I already have give me $40 bucks for Brickfriday.

The bigger Chima sets have all plentfiul of awesome minifigs including weapons. They have climbed high on my list after seeing them in person with the Eagle Interceptor.

Turns out it was Lennox, not Leonidas. I also got Fight for the Dagger (2010) that I ordered. This is a really nice build, and like Battle of Alamut it gives me a ton of useful pieces (plenty of L shaped corners, white snot 1x1 bricks, white cheese slopes, a staircase and some round gold bricks). The figures are generic enough that I'll find a good use for them, and I get another camel.

neonglow

So I think I got my gameplan for Oct S@H to get the free xmas set and double VIP.

Halloween Accessory set (Hopefully still on sale and still avail)
Pumpkin set (again, hopefully still avail, want that for my desk and will stick a light brick in it)
8 CMF series 11
Arkham Asylum
Winter Village Market

That should roughly give me 600 points and with the 200 I already have give me $40 bucks for Brickfriday.

Here's my LEGO Shop gameplan for the rest of the year:

October
Mobile Crane MK II - Double VIP + 10% off coupon
Town Square - Double VIP

October 14th
Jedi Defender + another $10 set - Double VIP + Free Clone Trooper + Free Holiday Set 1 of 2

November Brick Friday
Winter Village Market - Free Holiday Set 2 of 2

December
MBA Adventure Designer - Whatever December promo is

Falch

My armoury arrived today so I've finally be able to put together Batman and Bane's armies...

display_bat.jpg

display_bane.jpg

I also knocked up a few familiar faces I'll hide around my expo display scene...

display_xfiles.jpg

display_joker.jpg
display_connery.jpg

Awesome. Where'd you get Bane and Gordon's coats?

Love Mulder and Scully too, btw.

bodine1231

Here's my LEGO Shop gameplan for the rest of the year:

October
Mobile Crane MK II - Double VIP + 10% off coupon
Town Square - Double VIP

October 14th
Jedi Defender + another $10 set - Double VIP + Free Clone Trooper + Free Holiday Set 1 of 2

November Brick Friday
Winter Village Market - Free Holiday Set 2 of 2

December
MBA Adventure Designer - Whatever December promo is

My cart is looking like this. I'll probably split this up into two orders in October and use the points towards the Ewok Village. What order should I purchase them? I'm worried some of these are leaving soon. I'm also debating dropping the Tower Bridge and Haunted House and going for the Death Star. I like the Tower bridge but it looks like a boring build and Haunted House isn't going anywhere for a while.

R2
Tower Bridge (not high on this one)
Orthanc
Haunted House
Arkham
VW Van

neonglow

My cart is looking like this. I'll probably split this up into two orders in October and use the points towards the Ewok Village. What order should I purchase them? I'm worried some of these are leaving soon. I'm also debating dropping the Tower Bridge and Haunted House and going for the Death Star. I like the Tower bridge but it looks like a boring build and Haunted House isn't going anywhere for a while.

R2
Tower Bridge (not high on this one)
Orthanc
Haunted House
Arkham
VW Van

Tower Bridge is most likely gone by end of the year with Sydney Opera House out now.
VW Van is probably a goner by mid 2014 around when the Mini Cooper debuts
Death Star is a set nobody can tell. If it survives this year, it'll be around for all of next year.

You remember the Swedish Lego shop I wrote about before? Apparently there's a Google Streetview that goes inside shops now and they've been there.

http://maps.gstatic.com/m/streetvie...777367155623352,,0,0&cbll=64.751267,20.948858

Seems to be very recent. They removed the glass walls for the displays (probably to avoid reflections), but this way you can walk around and see the crazy collection of SW stuff they have there.

Turn right from the starting position, go past the UCS Falcon to the right to enter.

Falch

You remember the Swedish Lego shop I wrote about before? Apparently there's a Google Streetview that goes inside shops now and they've been there.

http://maps.gstatic.com/m/streetvie...777367155623352,,0,0&cbll=64.751267,20.948858

Seems to be very recent. They removed the glass walls for the displays (probably to avoid reflections), but this way you can walk around and see the crazy collection of SW stuff they have there.

Turn right from the starting position, go past the UCS Falcon to the right to enter.
Very nice, especially the Ewok forest.

ghostmind

Love that Tatooine diorama. This store (at least the Star Wars dioramas) is my dream for my basement set up.

neonglow

That's a crazy store. How did they have the space to carry all the out of print sets you got. I just noticed there's display areas on the bottom by the floor. Why'd they put the Indiana Jones sets down there.

Here's a better starting point: http://goo.gl/maps/i1wSa I initially got confused on where to go from the street.

pizza dog

Banned
Hey guys, I recently moved and don't really have room for all my LEGO any more; figured I might offload a couple bigger sets to make some room and offset furniture costs and stuff.

Does anyone have any guidance on selling used LEGO owned/used by a grown-ass man? Would anyone here be interested if I linked a listing? Would that even be appropriate/allowed?

EDIT: I live in Seattle if anyone wants to get at me directly; primarily looking to offload some bigger Star Wars sets, will make a proper post later if people think that's alright.

neonglow

Hey guys, I recently moved and don't really have room for all my LEGO any more; figured I might offload a couple bigger sets to make some room and offset furniture costs and stuff.

Does anyone have any guidance on selling used LEGO owned/used by a grown-ass man? Would anyone here be interested if I linked a listing? Would that even be appropriate/allowed?

EDIT: I live in Seattle if anyone wants to get at me directly; primarily looking to offload some bigger Star Wars sets, will make a proper post later if people think that's alright.

Just list which sets you have to sell in a post here and do all the negotiations by PM.

Calm Killer

I am looking to do most of my purchases in October for the double VIP. I have $55 right now and will most likely have my parents buy me LEGO for Christmas. So I plan on picking the following up:

October Double VIP: R2D2, Town Center, Winter Village Market.That should be 800 VIP points or close to it.

November: City Advent Calendar, Cargo Truck, Brick Friday Sales

December: Colby City Showdown, Something else if there is a promo I like. Post Christmas who knows....

bodine1231

A Lego store right next to an Erotic Videostore? Oh Sweden

wetwired

Yup that's where I got those trenchcoats, thanks to a tip from here, I think from you fowler? they're awesome.

I picked up a couple other bits and pieces from that seller too, a cape for robin that is black on the outside, yellow inside. It looks pretty cool

$(KGrHqNHJ!8FH698C+(!BSHFO70Lt!~~60_12.JPG

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Holy wow...So many gorgeous sets in that store! That Taj Mahal... <3

Just out if curiosity, what's the general consensus on buying lego sets at a discount because they are damaged? My Walmart has hobbit unexpected gathering marked down to 50 but the corner is smashed in... I really want it but not sure what the risk is. Any advice?

Just out if curiosity, what's the general consensus on buying lego sets at a discount because they are damaged? My Walmart has hobbit unexpected gathering marked down to 50 but the corner is smashed in... I really want it but not sure what the risk is. Any advice?

It is magic. Got fire brigade and multiple hobbit sets off amazon warehouse w smashed boxes.

As long as the contents are intact, who cares? Well, unless you are going to resell later. But cheaper bricks are cheaper bricks.

neonglow

Check the seals to make sure they're not tampered with. That's my only issue.

Well, this is the greatest Lego anything i have ever seen. It's a RC Land Raider from Warhammer 40k.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEx2LQY_1W0#t=198

That is sweet. I'd love to get into the LEGO technic and RC stuff. People won't joke as much about my LEGO hobby then. I'll show them!

Tom, one of the S@H mascots, now has a polybag:

1RjRo2r.jpg

Sweet! Resellers will be all over those. Why? It has the coveted Sleepyhead CMF hair piece. Why? Because that's the hair piece closest to Kai in Ninjago. I hope next Ninjago wave will have the ninjas with hair.

Seeing Ryuuroden and PhoncipleBone talking about PAB Wall go my addiction going.
I've been seeing a lot of cool LEGO pieces showing up on http://www.brickbuildr.com/view/pab/ which lists pieces seen at PAB at different LEGO stores.

If anyone sees these parts, can you pick up a bunch and send them to me. PM me and we can discuss payment and such. Help a fellow addict out please. :)

Highest on my list of wants are the 2x2 in white, black, or any grey. The leaves pieces are super high too.

TILES
2x2 Dark Bluish Gray large cup
2x2 Light Bluish Gray large cup
2x2 Orange large cup
2x2 White large cup
1x2 Green small cup
1x2 Pink small cup
1x2 Purple small cup
1x2 Trans-Light Blue small cup
1x2 White large cup

PLANTS
4x6 Palm Leaf large cup
6x5 Leaves large cup x 2

MISC
2x2x2 Soccer Ball small cup
6x7 Spider Web small cup

I'm in the Orange County/Los Angeles area. If you see any of them at the Orange County locations just let me know please. Costa Mesa location is my regular hunting ground.

Any help filling any of the the above (if you see them) would be greatly appreciated. These are PAB pieces that have been sited at various LEGO stores as updated on brickbuildr.com. We can work out trades/payments via PM or e-mail. Thanks!

ghostmind

Sweet! Resellers will be all over those. Why? It has the coveted Sleepyhead CMF hair piece. Why? Because that's the hair piece closest to Kai in Ninjago. I hope next Ninjago wave will have the ninjas with hair.

Actually, there is a rumor going around of just that - the 2014 wave Ninjago ninjas will finally come with their respective hair.

Top Bottom