• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

I've built the Robie house.

The large number of batches of tiny pieces are in there. There were 5 bags of red 2x1s and two bags of red square studs. Its pretty crazy, but I can get it after "stacking" them like actual bricks which is neat.

So now I ask, is this normal for architecture sets? To have a LOT of small pieces?
Yes, it is normal. Just not to the shame volume that Robie is.

Toppot

Ok, somewhere in the UK is selling the Farnsworth House for 20% off

£43.99 down from £54.99

I've been eyeing it up for a while, I was gonna buy it in London next time I visited but 20% off is just crazy good value, right? RIGHT?

EDIT: Looks like the set is much cheaper to buy in the US but I guess tax/shipping costs to UK kill it?

Fantomex

Haven't been around GAF over the holidays, with family stuff and whatever, but thought I'd jump on tonight to update on my Lego collection which boomed over the Christmas break.

Sorry for the crappy flash pics, but it's the first time I've been home in a while and the first opportunity with the camera lol..

hqrBp.jpg

PEiJa.jpg

w15vh.jpg

2CvA4.jpg

oFYPN.jpg

glQPJ.jpg

Also not pictured is a Darth Vader keyring, that I'm already too afraid to use for fear of damage/scratches etc haha..

Still keeping a keen eye on the local shop for those Imperial Shuttles with the busted boxes to get a discount.

I think my next kit will be the 9500 Sith Fury-class Interceptor.

Those are fine sets Wade! Good taste.

A_-w1PICIAEVFyW.jpg

WHY YOU NO LET HULK SHOOT FIREWORKS, BEARDMAN!?

A_-xsdVCIAALEDM.jpg

HULK SAY YOU NOT PASS!

And yes, I got the set today. Had $3 in tru rewards to spend, and since there is still no series 9 to be found around here I grabbed the eagle.

Is there a trick for getting US Amazon to ship to Australia? Or is it not possible?

OzBargains had some deals advertised and in my quest, I found the 9500 Sith Interceptor for $78.25+shipping too (which is a bargain considering it's $138 here), but it doesn't allow freight to AU.

Those are fine sets Wade! Good taste.

Thanks.
Bug has seriously bitten though! Keep checking all the deals sites now! lol

Borman

Finally had time to build the Grand Emporium (which I posted about briefly) and the Pet Shop. Now that my backlog is cleared, time to buy more!

P1071396_zps7bef7066.jpg

Phonciple, how much did you pay for the eagle? I wonder what the actual price is supposed to be here, i saw it for around 12 bucks or so on Amazon EU hmm...

So what is the best Creator set to get into House building? I was gonna get the Apple Tree House but not sure if that's the best one...

get the oldes one you can find.
if you see this 6754 anywhere jump at it
6754-1.jpg

otherwise apple tree house is fine :) (as its older than the one with the solar panels on the roof.

They have certainly stepped it up from the houses I saw in the Legoland Town series, those were some simple looking homes...though they still had their charm somehow...sort of a 70's sort of feel to them.

neonglow

What's the cheapest places you guys have been finding the following sets?:

• Mines of Moria
  • Orc Forge
  • Attack on Weathertop

Orc Forge is a Target exclusive so it's either there or official Lego store. For the other 2, you can try Walmart and see if it's clearanced but only some Walmarts are clearancing them. Weathertop is $40 and Mines is $54.

6754-1.jpg

otherwise apple tree house is fine :) (as its older than the one with the solar panels on the roof.

Dude you seem to always recommend the most hard to get and expensive sets ;P

I like it of course but yeah, prices are through the roof, so this would only become a reality if i found it on a sale by chance which is probably not gonna happen :(

Apple Tree house it is for now :)

Dude you seem to always recommend the most hard to get and expensive sets ;P

I like it of course but yeah, prices are through the roof, so this would only become a reality if i found it on a sale by chance which is probably not gonna happen :(

Apple Tree house it is for now :)

well that set has been oop for a while, but I was lucky enough to find one snuck away in the shelf at a local toy shop a few months ago :D

Fowler

I have to say, I am really looking forward to building my own Jurassic Park :D

Man, I know I'm going to regret not getting into the Dino theme in a few years.

I'll be honest, I'm really not a fan of any of Lego's original themes other than City and Pirates -- everything else is a bit meh to me. But dinosaurs are cool and the Dino sets are cool, I just never started on it.

I'll be honest, I'm really not a fan of any of Lego's original themes other than City and Pirates -- everything else is a bit meh to me. But dinosaurs are cool and the Dino sets are cool, I just never started on it.

I never would have, but they are selling them 50% off at a local shop, and everytime I pass I cannot help myself picking one up :p
- I have been passing that shop alot lately come to think of it :p

Rootbeer

Banned
I hope they find more uses for Dinos in the near future. After all that effort to create those minifigs I foresee them popping up again, maybe in a year or so.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

you could just buy the dinos themselves on bricklink.

I bought three Dino sets for my daughter for christmas because they were on sale - Triceratops trapper, Raptor Jeep and the T-Rex/Helicopter one. But TBH, other than the dinos, they're pretty meh. (helicopter is fairly nice though)

Fowler

you could just buy the dinos themselves on bricklink.

I bought three Dino sets for my daughter for christmas because they were on sale - Triceratops trapper, Raptor Jeep and the T-Rex/Helicopter one. But TBH, other than the dinos, they're pretty meh. (helicopter is fairly nice though)

True. I've yet to buy anything on Bricklink. I fear my wallet will scream in terror once I start.

Finally had time to build the Grand Emporium (which I posted about briefly) and the Pet Shop. Now that my backlog is cleared, time to buy more!

P1071396_zps7bef7066.jpg

Awesome. Now all you need is Town Hall and you are caught up for in print stuff. :)

Phonciple, how much did you pay for the eagle? I wonder what the actual price is supposed to be here, i saw it for around 12 bucks or so on Amazon EU hmm...

MSRP is $14.99 USA. I was bad and got it at Toys R Us which had it for $16.99. But the $3 coupon I had made it a bit less than MSRP which is how I justified it.

So what is the best Creator set to get into House building? I was gonna get the Apple Tree House but not sure if that's the best one...

Apple Tree House is great. Small and fun, and lots of nice detail. A great parts pack as well, and comes with two half base plates.

6754-1.jpg

Actually, Hillside House is the one with the solar panels.

5771-1.jpg

It just went out of print as well. If you can find it, snag it. Same with Apple Tree House. But Hillside comes with a sound brick that plays a doorbell sound.

Ok, there's one in the Vampyre Castle i just bought so i'll be good :)

Also: Pet shop for 130 bucks yay or nay? hmmm.... Even if i wouldn't build it, hard to pass this up for value i suppose...

wetflame

Pizza Dog
That Iron Man polybag got me looking up super hero minifigs on Bricklink. Those Deadpool and Wolverine ones would be nice to get my hands on... and then there's a Superman to go with my Batman... and if I'm getting him I may as well get Wonder Woman too... so I may as well get the rest of the Justice League, and the Avengers too.. and I may as well get some baddies for them to fight, Mr Freeze looks great, Magneto, Doc Ock...

*Closes Bricklink quickly*

My wallet cannot survive long under this pressure!

That Iron Man polybag got me looking up super hero minifigs on Bricklink. Those Deadpool and Wolverine ones would be nice to get my hands on... and then there's a Superman to go with my Batman... and if I'm getting him I may as well get Wonder Woman too... so I may as well get the rest of the Justice League, and the Avengers too.. and I may as well get some baddies for them to fight, Mr Freeze looks great, Magneto, Doc Ock...

*Closes Bricklink quickly*

My wallet cannot survive long under this pressure!

The Superman vs. Lex Luthor Power Armor set has Lex, Supes, and Wonder Woman in it for only $20. As a bonus, you get an awesome mech to build.

The Superman vs. Lex Luthor Power Armor set has Lex, Supes, and Wonder Woman in it for only $20. As a bonus, you get an awesome mech to build.

The Wolverine Chopper Showdown is only $20 as well, and you get Wolvy, Deadpool, Magneto, a heli, and a motorcycle.

It just isn't worth it to Bricklink the minifigs in those sets, they're already great and reasonably priced.

The Wolverine Chopper Showdown is only $20 as well, and you get Wolvy, Deadpool, Magneto, a heli, and a motorcycle.

It just isn't worth it to Bricklink the minifigs in those sets, they're already great and reasonably priced.
The Deadpool set has the better figures, but the Luthor set has the better build. But, yes, for those prices the sets are great deals.

KingGondo

Banned
I can also recommend the Arctic Batman vs. Mr. Freeze set. Comes with a fun little aircraft, Arctic Batman, Mr. Freeze, and Aquaman, also for $20.

I posted pics a few pages back.

wetflame

Pizza Dog

I can also recommend the Arctic Batman vs. Mr. Freeze set. Comes with a fun little aircraft, Arctic Batman, Mr. Freeze, and Aquaman, also for $20.

Haha, well there you go! Those are actually pretty great value. Will have to find these somewhere in the UK, are they all still available?

Haha, well there you go! Those are actually pretty great value. Will have to find these somewhere in the UK, are they all still available?

Lex Luthor and Wolverine sets only released last year. The Arctic Batman set just got released a few weeks ago. Should be fairly easy to find.

Top Bottom