• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

wetflame

Pizza Dog
If LEGO City is successful, I wonder if LEGO will game their other franchises. I'm surprised they didn't do a LEGO Ninjago (in the LEGO licensed game style), and I wouldn't mind seeing LEGO Chima.
They recently announced LEGO Legends of Chima Online, they're making three games in the series.

cool new moc at rebrickable
MOC-0492.jpg

http://rebrickable.com/mocs/DanSto/...oc&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newmocthresh

Holy Shit! You got 750 pieces into that female dog! We're they small pieces only?

did you click the link in my post?

R-User!

I did after getting too excited at doing the math to work out how many pieces at .2 cents per piece you could get into a large pick a brick cup. Then I asked. Then I remembered your link, so I thought that I should check out what you said, and that's when I saw that you wrote that you got like 600+ pieces for that haul.

I've never filled a cup yet, just a holiday box. Until I have some need for the parts at my local pick a brick wall, I probably won't attempt to fill a cup until after March 31 at the earliest... Most likely...

neonglow

If i am thinking of grabbing the Tower Bridge (which could be retired soon) should i get it now or wait until May for some discounts maybe?

March would be a good time since that's usually when double VIP points happens. I think if it hasn't been EOL by now, the next earliest it'll be EOL is summer.

I did after getting too excited at doing the math to work out how many pieces at .2 cents per piece you could get into a large pick a brick cup. Then I asked. Then I remembered your link, so I thought that I should check out what you said, and that's when I saw that you wrote that you got like 600+ pieces for that haul.

I've never filled a cup yet, just a holiday box. Until I have some need for the parts at my local pick a brick wall, I probably won't attempt to fill a cup until after March 31 at the earliest... Most likely...
;)
as I said I had lots of fun optimising my cup the first time round :D

wetwired

Peter Reid's Exo Suit reached 10000 votes on CUUSOO!

thumb640x360.jpg

I actually didn't vote for it myself as it looks very flimsy, but fingers crossed it's not and that it passes submission.

(It also means my submission is bumped up to number 4! hooray)

thumb640x360.jpg

I actually didn't vote for it myself as it looks very flimsy, but fingers crossed it's not and that it passes submission.

Hmm not sure how i feel about this... I kinda like it but then at the same time it also isn't instantly recognizable as Lego to my eyes somehow (even though when you look closer you can clearly tell the parts) and that's something that always turns me off.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

It looks nice, though could use a mix of colors, but I'm mostly worried about posability/stability. All the pics have it in the same pose.

It's just a hunch based on patterns from previous years.

Hmm i might still get it soon to be safe and then get another set in March :p

By the way, what modular building would go well with the Palace Cinema and the Pet shop as the cinema is a corner building and the Pet shop would go to the left of that so i would need one more corner one to complete a small street illusion?

wetwired

Hmm i might still get it soon to be safe and then get another set in March :p

By the way, what modular building would go well with the Palace Cinema and the Pet shop as the cinema is a corner building and the Pet shop would go to the left of that so i would need one more corner one to complete a small street illusion?

Grand Emporium

Just watched the Brickshow review on that and... i gotta agree with them, the outside looks good but inside things look pretty bland, at least on the second and third floors hmm...
That really the best corner building out there for now then?

Just watched the Brickshow review on that and... i gotta agree with them, the outside looks good but inside things look pretty bland, at least on the second and third floors hmm...

It's the only other existing corner building, period. Cafe corner costs like 1700 dollars to buy now because it's been out of print for so long. Even if you did buy it, the interior is a worse problem- it did not have interior detail at all. Green grocer was the first building that did.

It's the only other existing corner building, period. Cafe corner costs like 1700 dollars to buy now because it's been out of print for so long. Even if you did buy it, the interior is a worse problem- it did not have interior detail at all. Green grocer was the first building that did.

Alright gotcha, Lego will continue making modular buildings i guess right? That way i can buy the Palace Cinema, i already bought the Pet shop and i can wait on the next corner building which will hopefully satisfy all my needs ;)

Chuckie

While the second and thirdfloor might be a bit bland, the bottomfloor is awesome, and the outside and roof with chandelier is gorgeous.

It's my first modular and I still love it to death.

While the second and thirdfloor might be a bit bland, the bottomfloor is awesome, and the outside and roof with chandelier is gorgeous.

It's my first modular and I still love it to death.

See how easily i can be swayed? Damn you!!

Unless a set is TRULY horrible, i can pretty much be convinced easily of it's supposed assets :(

Now i am reconsidering it... the outside DOES look good, if i saw it on sale somewhere i'd probably get it but full price on something i am not 100% convinced off is tough these days hmmm... Especially since nobody knows what the next modular will be, or are there rumors out yet?

Alright gotcha, Lego will continue making modular buildings i guess right? That way i can buy the Palace Cinema, i already bought the Pet shop and i can wait on the next corner building which will hopefully satisfy all my needs ;)

It might be a few years til the next corner building but as long as psychos like us can afford our oversized toys then they'll keep making them.

iuuk

See how easily i can be swayed? Damn you!!

Unless a set is TRULY horrible, i can pretty much be convinced easily of it's supposed assets :(

Now i am reconsidering it... the outside DOES look good, if i saw it on sale somewhere i'd probably get it but full price on something i am not 100% convinced off is tough these days hmmm... Especially since nobody knows what the next modular will be, or are there rumors out yet?
You were European, right? In that case you can always try this one. It is out of stock at the moment, but I ordered an out of stock one at the same price at the French amazon a while back, and they shipped it to me relatively fast.

You were European, right? In that case you can always try this one. It is out of stock at the moment, but I ordered an out of stock one at the same price at the French amazon a while back, and they shipped it to me relatively fast.

Hmmm that price is not bad indeed... So it is guaranteed that they WILL get stock again if i order it right?

iuuk

Hmmm that price is not bad indeed... So it is guaranteed that they WILL get stock again if i order it right?
It's not guaranteed, I guess, but it is likely. And, obviously, even if they get it at a higher price you'll get it for this one. Since they don't charge your credit card untill it ships I tried it a couple of weeks back, and it paid of.

By the way, it also pays to check this website every day. It can save you a lot of money. (Actually, it won't, you'll just buy a lot more)

beje

Banned
It's not guaranteed, I guess, but it is likely. And, obviously, even if they get it at a higher price you'll get it for this one. Since they don't charge your credit card untill it ships I tried it a couple of weeks back, and it paid of.

By the way, it also pays to check this website every day. It can save you a lot of money. (Actually, it won't, you'll just buy a lot more)

You just saved me a lot of time checking for deals daily. Bookmarked!

R-User!

thumb640x360.jpg

You had the Tumbler right? I voted for it as I'd like to actually have that set!

And I'll take 1/10,000th of your profit plz k thx bye! :)

Now i am reconsidering it... the outside DOES look good, if i saw it on sale somewhere i'd probably get it but full price on something i am not 100% convinced off is tough these days hmmm...

I know I only said it on the last page, but it bears repeating: GE is an awesome set.

The exterior is gorgeously designed and the main floor has some interesting elements. The second and third floors are not the draw here-it's the sidewalk and the exterior. Totally worth it at MSRP in my opinion.

womp

Using pieces from my five year old son's LEGO bin I have created my own little LEGO Star Wars Droideka 'mini-fig'. I found some pics online of the official ones and wasn't really impressed with them. Since it is one of my favorite robots from the series, I figured I would try something myself.

13+-+1

Using pieces from my five year old son's LEGO bin I have created my own little LEGO Star Wars Droideka 'mini-fig'. I found some pics online of the official ones and wasn't really impressed with them. Since it is one of my favorite robots from the series, I figured I would try something myself.

That's excellent, Womp!

Sigh... alright you guys, sold!

I already know about brickset amazon checker though... handy indeed but fatal as you said :p

edit: just noticed, Amazon.es adds SHIPPING to your total bill wtf? all other EU amazons do not if you're over a certain amount (usually 20 euro or so) still a good deal just not an amazing one anymore.

iuuk

Sigh... alright you guys, sold!

I already know about brickset amazon checker though... handy indeed but fatal as you said :p

edit: just noticed, Amazon.es adds SHIPPING to your total bill wtf? all other EU amazons do not if you're over a certain amount (usually 20 euro or so) still a good deal just not an amazing one anymore.
Some do, some don't. France did as well, €6, which is why I ordered a cheap Star Wars battle pack to get more of my money's worth. The problem with the Grand Emporium is that it's getting more and more difficult to find at a decent price. Maybe they'll stop producing the Emporium and Fire Brigade at the same time. It makes sense to have 3 modulars at the same time and with the cinema on its way this might be it for one or two of the older modulars.

Some do, some don't. France did as well, €6, which is why I ordered a cheap Star Wars battle pack to get more of my money's worth. The problem with the Grand Emporium is that it's getting more and more difficult to find at a decent price. Maybe they'll stop producing the Emporium and Fire Brigade at the same time. It makes sense to have 3 modulars at the same time and with the cinema on its way this might be it for one or two of the older modulars.

nuh uh, France limit is like 15 euro, above which you pay no shipping, i ordered my Tie Fighter + X-Wing sets from there last week, 0 shipping!

Maybe it has to do with the size of the package as well? Though it really shouldnt hmm...

iuuk

nuh uh, France limit is like 15 euro, above which you pay no shipping, i ordered my Tie Fighter + X-Wing sets from there last week, 0 shipping!

Maybe it has to do with the size of the package as well? Though it really shouldnt hmm...
I think it has to do with the country you're in. I'm Dutch and for me UK and DE have free shipping, don't know about Italy, but France and Spain don't. Or it does have to do with what you order, Amazon is kind of strange like that.

Naka

Picked up some Series 9 minifigs the other day with my co-workers and here is what I got

086970d0593d11e2b56022000a9f1354_7.jpg

I'm not sure if I want to get them all yet or not. I still really want the battle mech though if I don't complete the set.

I think it has to do with the country you're in. I'm Dutch and for me UK and DE have free shipping, don't know about Italy, but France and Spain don't. Or it does have to do with what you order, Amazon is kind of strange like that.

Maybe so... anyway, Amazon just got competition with the Lego store now offering free shipping ;) still not up to par with prices and sales but it's become a good alternative now!!

beje

Banned

As far as I know, Amazon Germany and Italy have free shipping for orders over 19€, France for over 15€, UK for over 25 pounds and Spain doesn't have it at all. One interesting fact is that it doesn't force you to completely reach the limit, I've had orders with Amazon UK offering me free shipping at 23 or 24 pounds so it's always good checking before blindly adding more stuff to the cart.

As far as I know, Amazon Germany and Italy have free shipping for orders over 19€, France for over 15€, UK for over 25 pounds and Spain doesn't have it at all. One interesting fact is that it doesn't force you to completely reach the limit, I've had orders with Amazon UK offering me free shipping at 23 or 24 pounds so it's always good checking before blindly adding more stuff to the cart.

Damn you Amazon Spain!!

iuuk

Strange, I had to pay for shipping on Amazon France.

Tomodachi

Same, I guess it's because the free shipping refers to the price before any discount is appied. I can confirm that the threshold for Italy is 19€ too.

Strange, I had to pay for shipping on Amazon France.
Are you sure you didn't buy from a private seller on amazon? Free shipping doesn't apply to those (except when they expressly choose to).

LEGOGAF Europe, I need your help
the 5888 Dino set is ridiculously expensive online.
yet the Dino theme is the first one where I am within reaching distance of having all 7 sets, so I want it :p
so if you see it locally tell me, and I might ask you to ship it to me ;))
5888_brickset.jpg

Fantomex

Picked up some Series 9 minifigs the other day with my co-workers and here is what I got

086970d0593d11e2b56022000a9f1354_7.jpg

I'm not sure if I want to get them all yet or not. I still really want the battle mech though if I don't complete the set.

Nice Pic! Yesterday I got the knight, and man Is he one of the best "bang for your buck" figures. His helmet is 3 pieces his armor is glossy and shiny and he gets a sword and a shield. Probably the sleeper of series 9 figures. My favorites are the Cyclops, Chicken Suit Man and the Knight.

13+-+1

Love it. The head especially. For the arms I cant unsee it just holding two guns like it is sticking up a bank.

I know I only said it on the last page, but it bears repeating: GE is an awesome set.

The exterior is gorgeously designed and the main floor has some interesting elements. The second and third floors are not the draw here-it's the sidewalk and the exterior. Totally worth it at MSRP in my opinion.

Grand Emporium does have the best exterior of all the buildings, and the first floor is a lot of fun.

It may not be as balanced a build as Pet Shop, nor have the interior detail of Fire Brigade, but the exterior is the best of the bunch. Town Hall wins the prize for best roof.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I figure you can only get free shipping from a European Amazon store if you "border" the relevant country.

For example, from the Netherlands I can get free shipping from UK and DE, and someone I know from Belgium tells me he gets free shipping from UK, DE, FR.

ghostmind

LEGOGAF Europe, I need your help
the 5888 Dino set is ridiculously expensive online.
yet the Dino theme is the first one where I am within reaching distance of having all 7 sets, so I want it :p
so if you see it locally tell me, and I might ask you to ship it to me ;))
5888_brickset.jpg

That one may be difficult in NorthAm, as it is a TRU exclusive, and they were clearing them out a while back. Everyone keep an eye out if you are at TRU!

EDIT: Just noticed that you were specifying Europe... darn these tired eyes!

Rootbeer

Banned
Walked into target and thought I'd test out their new price matching policy. For those that may not have heard, they will now price match amazon, toys r us, wal mart and best buy all year round.

Price matched the Bane Tumbler Chase set no problem. Just flashed it on my phone and they punched it in. Took all of maybe 8 seconds. Then got my Target Card 5% off on top of that :D

Might be worth shopping at target more often guys!

neonglow

Walked into target and thought I'd test out their new price matching policy. For those that may not have heard, they will now price match amazon, toys r us, wal mart and best buy all year round.

Price matched the Bane Tumbler Chase set no problem. Just flashed it on my phone and they punched it in. Took all of maybe 8 seconds. Then got my Target Card 5% off on top of that :D

Might be worth shopping at target more often guys!

Did you do it at the Customer Service desk?

Top Bottom