• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

golem

Probably? It's been around a while and as others have said Lego havent mentioned it in a while in their PR materials. Maybe theyre being nice and have actually already EOL'd it but havent announced it so collectors dont bum rush the stores and legitimate people can still buy it?

It's on sale now on Amazon btw.

Probably? It's been around a while and as others have said Lego havent mentioned it in a while in their PR materials. Maybe theyre being nice and have actually already EOL'd it but havent announced it so collectors dont bum rush the stores and legitimate people can still buy it?

It's on sale now on Amazon btw.

That could be it. When I was at the LEGO store earlier this week the manager there was saying he hopes the collectors market slows down soon. He likes the sales but hates how crazy many are with stockpiling and taking away chances for people that want to play with the sets to buy them.

That could be it. When I was at the LEGO store earlier this week the manager there was saying he hopes the collectors market slows down soon. He likes the sales but hates how crazy many are with stockpiling and taking away chances for people that want to play with the sets to buy them.

that ist beyond first world problems for retail :p

They should just release a couple of sets again. (UCS Falcon, Cafe Corner, etc). That will damp down some of the extremes in the market.

They should just release a couple of sets again. (UCS Falcon, Cafe Corner, etc). That will damp down some of the extremes in the market.

I agree. I still think the whole collectors market will implode in a few years. So many people sitting on stockpiles of sets waiting for the big score, and when it doesn't come (because everyone else will be doing the same thing), the prices will hit bottom again.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So gonna ask again - the interior of the "Architect" series aren't as detailed as the modular sets right?

The Architecture series almost never has interior detail. It is extremely rare if they do (Farnsworth House), and if so it is to super micro scale.

That is exactly why i have lost all interest i initially had in the Architecture series... i thought interior detail wasn't important to me but i guess i was wrong...

That is exactly why i have lost all interest i initially had in the Architecture series... i thought interior detail wasn't important to me but i guess i was wrong...

There are still some really cool builds in the Architecture line, but it definitely is not a favorite of mine. I find many of the sets lacking in detail. Now, if they made lots of the really big sets with tons of detail, I would be all over it.
I think of Tower Bridge as what the Architecture line should be.

I agree. I still think the whole collectors market will implode in a few years. So many people sitting on stockpiles of sets waiting for the big score, and when it doesn't come (because everyone else will be doing the same thing), the prices will hit bottom again.

I don't really begrudge the resellers. (I was able to acquire the Imperial Flagship that way!).

The problem with a bubble like this is that when it collapses, it is going to skew the values of used sets. One of the reasons I don't mind spending the premium on Lego or Apple products is because in case I ever get bored of them, I can recover a reasonably large part of the initial investment. If that confidence is missing, it will directly affect my new purchases.

This may become a problem...

iI926HXkWpuey.JPG

As soon as I bought it, I went to watch videos of it to psych myself up about the unexpected $73 impulse buy, and people are saying as great as it is, it's only worth $50. But it's 740+ pieces, so at 10 cents a brick as the standard guide, it seemed like a good deal.

While I would never pay $90 for the Fury, in my eyes it looks cool enough (that Malgus minifig!), is decently sized, and has a good amount of pieces for $73 (for a Star Wars set at least). I guess being a big Star Wars fan who loves the Old Republic setting doesn't help. I only wish SWTOR's F2P model didn't suck as much as it does, with all this LEGO spending I can't afford a subscription now! Instead I'm playing KOTOR2 for the first time.

It will look great alongside my Darth Malgus statue from the SWTOR CE!

While I would never pay $90 for the Fury, in my eyes it looks cool enough (that Malgus minifig!), is decently sized, and has a good amount of pieces for $73 (for a Star Wars set at least). I guess being a big Star Wars fan who loves the Old Republic setting doesn't help. I only wish SWTOR's F2P model didn't suck as much as it does, with all this LEGO spending I can't afford a subscription now! Instead I'm playing KOTOR2 for the first time.

It will look great alongside my Darth Malgus statue from the SWTOR CE!

Man, jumped up to $83. So much for sleeping on it. I may as well pay full price and get the points at the Lego store.

Hit the Lego Store this afternoon, after Gymboree (little one loves all that running and dancing).

Picked up Arkham Asylum for myself as a birthday gift (wife couldn't seem to get to the store).

I also got the Chima poly-bag and a Chicken-Suit-Guy Minifig.

Was really on the fence about the Vampyre Castle, but it looks like it has a ton of stickers. Same with the Bat vs. Bane Tumbler set.

Was seriously considering some of the Monster Hunters sets, but wondering if they will be clearanced out if the series is ending...

mjc

Picked up the Ultimate Spider Man set with Venom and Nick Fury yesterday, looking forward to putting it together tonight.

Hit the Lego Store this afternoon, after Gymboree (little one loves all that running and dancing).

Picked up Arkham Asylum for myself as a birthday gift (wife couldn't seem to get to the store).

Was really on the fence about the Vampyre Castle, but it looks like it has a ton of stickers. Same with the Bat vs. Bane Tumbler set.

Was seriously considering some of the Monster Hunters sets, but wondering if they will be clearanced out if the series is ending...

The Vampyre Castle does have a lot of stickers but that's the only downside, it's one of the most fun and enjoyable builds I've had in years, it's worth the price of admission.

If any of them are on clearance ever, grab them, they're amazing. Vampyre castle is easily worth full price even though they've got a few stickers on there. I also like the werewolf, swamp thing and zombies. Mummy's not very interesting. Dr. Frankenstein's set is pretty cute but feels like 50 was a bit much for it, even accounting for the light brick. Haven't bought the haunted hosue ghost train or vamp hearse. Haunted house looks godly. Someday.....

Picked up the Ultimate Spider Man set with Venom and Nick Fury yesterday, looking forward to putting it together tonight.

Just in case there's any doubt for UK GAF I was in Westfield Stratford today and one of the sales people confirmed FB is not long for this world. Glad I got it when I did.

Ugh, I told myself that I was not going to get into any LOTR or Hobbit sets, but I've been playing the surprisingly good 3DS Lego LOTR and I'm starting to get an itch...

MrDaravon

Signed up for Rebrickable and added all of my Star Wars sets and a few others that I have for giggles. Not much that I can make but hey. Two quick questions:

-On rebrickable is there anyway to add a set but then remove pieces? I have those 5-6 old star wars sets I posted a while back that someone gave me, and all but one of them are missing pieces ranging from just a few to half of the pieces in the set. I'm hoping that I can do that, adding a 400 piece set and removing 5 pieces is way easier than having to manually add 395 pieces >_>

-Still also looking for a good way to clean lego pieces without going the washer route. I'm thinking maybe mixing cleaning alcohol with water (to dilute it) and just soaking/wiping them or something maybe?

Marko723

Neo Member
Went by the Glendale store and saw this..

That was enough for me. Pulled the plug and ordered one off the Lego site. I was holding out in hopes of free shipping or double VIP points, but don't want to take the chance that the hoarders will be out in force soon.

Can't wait for Target to enter the Canadian market, prices here sux, and physical selection in the stores is pretty bad.

That was enough for me. Pulled the plug and ordered one off the Lego site. I was holding out in hopes of free shipping or double VIP points, but don't want to take the chance that the hoarders will be out in force soon.

Can't wait for Target to enter the Canadian market, prices here sux, and physical selection in the stores is pretty bad.

damn, i was hoping that i can push the purchase of the fire brigade to next month.
but given the fact that its oop "soon" i might have to buy it now :(

I really have no love for Ninjago but... i heard there are some tiny sets /booster packs you can get, i'd be interested in one JUST to have a Ninja figure in my minifig lineup.

Which one would you guys recommend that looks pretty cool and isn't too bad in pieces?

ghostmind

I really have no love for Ninjago but... i heard there are some tiny sets /booster packs you can get, i'd be interested in one JUST to have a Ninja figure in my minifig lineup.

Which one would you guys recommend that looks pretty cool and isn't too bad in pieces?

jzT993V.jpg

If you aren't going to invest in more than one set, than spinners/boosters aren't much use. This set is the same price as a spinner pack.

Went through some stuff in the garage. Found my three Indiana Jones sets. Three Jones minifigs now. I'll put one in the Palace Cinema. He can act like a cardboard cut out.

Top Bottom