• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Still works. So the cat is a stray outside the building then? The little touch with the cat and mouse is so cool. My favorite part of the set though is the renovations going on inside the second floor of the town house though.

Outdoor/indoor cat that's chipped!

The paint streak on the wall is awesome.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Anyone here live or visit the Tyson's Corner LEGO store outside DC? I want to know what the PAB wall selection is like.

enewtabie

Wife went to Victorias Secret at Crabtree. I went to the Lego Store.. Day 2
AD353501-2BD5-4F6D-9DC3-3C146B5259F7-1643-00000195B6FB7813.jpg

Wife went to Victorias Secret at Crabtree. I went to the Lego Store.. Day 2
AD353501-2BD5-4F6D-9DC3-3C146B5259F7-1643-00000195B6FB7813.jpg

That reminds me, the gun show that you almost went to: was it the one where some people were injured? If so, glad to hear you weren't there.

And finished the VW Camper. To everyone on here that has highly recommended it over the last year or so: you lied about how good it was.

It was better.

You all seriously undersold this set. It was one of the most fun and awesome things to put together. A big enough and epic enough build to take a long time and feel an enormous sense of accomplishment, but the set is compact enough to not feel like a huge task to find space for it. It is probably the most perfectly sized set to be both fun and impressive. The stickers were a minor quibble (only the middle windshield one went on crooked), but the entire experience is definitely in the god tier.

Thank you again to all of you that recommended it. I was on the fence about it except for the recommendations here, and I could not be happier with the end results.

Now I shall join the badwagon: EVERYONE BUY THE VW CAMPER VAN!

enewtabie

That reminds me, the gun show that you almost went to: was it the one where some people were injured? If so, glad to hear you weren't there.

And finished the VW Camper. To everyone on here that has highly recommended it over the last year or so: you lied about how good it was.

It was better.

You all seriously undersold this set. It was one of the most fun and awesome things to put together. A big enough and epic enough build to take a long time and feel an enormous sense of accomplishment, but the set is compact enough to not feel like a huge task to find space for it. It is probably the most perfectly sized set to be both fun and impressive. The stickers were a minor quibble (only the middle windshield one went on crooked), but the entire experience is definitely in the god tier.

Thank you again to all of you that recommended it. I was on the fence about it except for the recommendations here, and I could not be happier with the end results.

Yes,it was the gun show in Raleigh. Glad I left when I did. I didn't want to wait in line for hours for price gouged guns. I should have bought the Death Star while I was at the store.

It was better.

Next on my list! (First that will go EOL out of my want list).

One thing I was wondering about, any 'essential' stickers?

Next on my list! (First that will go EOL out of my want list).

One thing I was wondering about, any 'essential' stickers?

I think the only ones you can skip and still retain the character of the set are the window decals, and maybe the license plates. But it looks odd without the plates. The posters inside and the VW symbol are essential.

Oh, and there will be pics later. With a very special guest appearing in them.

SpeedNut

Stupid question, but is the Winter Village Post Office out of print? All of the prices I see for it are hovering about $30 over what the retail price was from shop.lego.com.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Last time i was there, it wasn't as good as the Potomac Mills store (my local store). But Potomac Mills looked pretty lackluster the other day for PAB.

Thanks. I live in Eastern Panhandle of WV and its a 3 hour trip to get there. So I am trying to decide which of the Lego Stores in the area I should go to. After 3 hours whats another 40 minutes to go from on to another.

IMAGE BOMB COMING!

The engine interior.

WAIT! We have a driver? Where did he come from?

As I was building, it occurred to me that the good ole Technic figure might actually fit or be to scale with the van. It is a bit cramped in spots, and the van is a bit large to be to scale with the figure, but it still works rather well.

"Look at my luxurious hippie transport!"

Doing repairs.

"What? You want to see the interior of my love van?"

"Notice the luxurious sink and hairbrush as you enter!"

"Notice the awesome fold out table for fine dining and drinking!"

"The bench folds down for a comfy sleeping area and getting comfy with the ladies."

"And the ladies love my lava lamp."

"I need somebody to love!"

"That's right. This beauty only set me back $119."

On the way to Woodstock.

Oh, god! Hippie dwarves! Or, are they on a bad trip and hallucinating that their van is bigger than it really is?

"No. It's just a bad trip. Must kill hippie dwarves with the power of music!"

Hrmm. Still on the fence about that one. It looks cool, but isn't screaming to me. And the price is still a bit steep.

On a different note, I am warming back up to the Sopwith Camel again. I was on the hype train last summer, then fell off. Now I am back on.

Thanks. I live in Eastern Panhandle of WV and its a 3 hour trip to get there. So I am trying to decide which of the Lego Stores in the area I should go to. After 3 hours whats another 40 minutes to go from on to another.

Well if you have never been to the Potomac Mills location, I can tell you its physically about twice the size as Tyson's. Generally has a very good set selection. But as I said the PAB wall wasn't great when I was there the other day. Try to avoid weekends, its a madhouse, year round.

Well if you have never been to the Potomac Mills location, I can tell you its physically about twice the size as Tyson's. Generally has a very good set selection. But as I said the PAB wall wasn't great when I was there the other day. Try to avoid weekends, its a madhouse, year round.

Taking that advice myself. When I drove to the store in MA Monday morning it was a ghost town. I was the only person there, and the hour I was at the store maybe 5 other people came in. The employees were saying that the weekends are like a zoo all the time though. So weekday mornings seem the best to me. And they were restocking PAB and bringing out new stuff for it, so I got first dibs too. :)

I think I may try to use the Fury as a base to MOC a TIE Advanced, since I don't play SWTOR. But either way, it's a great looking ship and minifigs.

Hrmm. Still on the fence about that one. It looks cool, but isn't screaming to me. And the price is still a bit steep.

I got it for a steal (with slightly damaged box). Build was great fun. If I'm honest it's a little flimsy; the wing construction just 'floats' at the front. Dat Malgus minifig.. *swoon*.

Very happy with the kit, but I would have waited if pricing was still retail (it's $139 here).

I'm not that enamored by that USC. I think the Fury looks cooler, and the body is close enough to the Advanced already.

Something like this: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=76592

I can use spare gray pieces from my 2nd Helms Deep to add more wing detail than his, since he only used the Fury.

Also Rebrickable says I only have 77% of the parts needed for the USC.

My only other goal is to make the wings detachable like the old Kenner toy, so I guess I will need to use Technic pegs.

Shit amazon didn't even ship my Fury yet.

Now that I'm getting a bit of a collection going, I'm interested in building some stands.

Do you lot use Bricklink for the random pieces? Or are there better ways of getting the long technic pieces for custom stands? What's Bricklink like to use - and any experience with sellers/shipping to AU?

The ship looks amazing. I have, sealed, under the guest room bed. Tempted to build it.

Also, Amazon has the Quinjet (Used, like-new condition) for $50.51... so tempted.

Do it!

The Quinjet started me off. I haven't had Lego for ~15 years then I got the Quinjet late last year. Now I can't stop. Quinjet is an incredible set. That's a great price too.

Test build of theater seating on a 32x32 baseplate. There is space on each side to add a railing as well. If I ever get enough pieces, I could add plates on all sides and make a HUGE theater and keep this insane amount of seating.

As for how it looks when filled:

This is mainly a proof of concept thing. If I paired it down and planned, I could get ample seating and still have room for a lobby and projection room in a theater on a 48x48 plate.

ghostmind

According to Brickset:

76006 Iron Man
Extremis Sea Port Battle
195pcs; $19.99USD
76007 Iron Man
Malibu Mansion Attack
364pcs; $39.99USD
76008 Iron Man
vs. The Mandarin: Ultimate Battle
91 pcs; $12.99USD

Should be released in April.

Fantomex

According to Brickset:

76006 Iron Man
Extremis Sea Port Battle
195pcs; $19.99USD
76007 Iron Man
Malibu Mansion Attack
364pcs; $39.99USD
76008 Iron Man
91 pcs; $12.99USD

Give them to me now!!!!

New toy arrived on Friday, built yesterday.

Sweet. Now i dont have to post pics. :p

Picked this up today and just finished the first wing. I came online to see if i screwed up, but you mentioned how the wings "float" there. Do you mean how they just slide into the center? Man, im not comfortable with that. So much for cool angeled flight poses.

According to Brickset:

76006 Iron Man
Extremis Sea Port Battle
195pcs; $19.99USD
76007 Iron Man
Malibu Mansion Attack
364pcs; $39.99USD
76008 Iron Man
91 pcs; $12.99USD

Soooo disappointed by that middle one... i thought it was gonna be a huge set with tons of detail :(

beje

Banned
Aww.

I wish we have Architecture buildings with the scale of modulators.

Architecture sets are already extremely expensive for the end result (in size) you get because they're based in tons of 1x1 bricks, plates and tiles. What you're asking for would result in 300€+ sets.

jpatez34

Neo Member
Finally got my account authorised yesterday, so I can finally post in this awesome thread!
Thought I would share a few pics of my collection.

Ewar's Acro Fighter
20130121104608.jpg

A few of my Series 9 Mini-figs + Frodo
20130121104548.jpg

The new eagle Creator set
20130121104418.jpg

The new Mech Creator set
20130121104345.jpg

Republic Striker-class Starfighter
20130121104509.jpg

I am currently building the new Technic F1 car and have the SSD, Death Star, Tower Bridge and the Horizon Express still to build.

Top Bottom