• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Kudos to Fedex!
Yeah, but they still went right to the office instead of my apartment. Lazy bums.

Anyways, I have a coupon for BN for 20% off if anyone wants it. It is members only, and it expires Monday. Many stores still have good stuff and local one got lots of new Friends stuff. Pm me if you want it.

Sorry if someone already mentioned it, but I got the store calendar for February with my visit today.

Freebie with $35 purchase is a Lego City Police Chopper
50% off the Fire Motorcycle if you buy the Lego City Fire Truck (glad i held off, but the motorcycle set is pretty meh)

Mini Model Build - a Mini Log Cabin

May be true, but I don't think that LEGO can kill a human being too easily; unlike bullets from guns... ;-)

gMUmpT4.jpg

RIP

R-User!

I picked up Cragger's Command Ship Chima set yesterday for 33% off at Target using their Amazon price match! $58 and change after tax!

It's for my boy; he's gonna save his allowance for two months and buy it from Daddy's Toy Shop

And today!, I picked up Pet Shop for 130 using 20$ in VIP points!

It's for my sons graduation present in June, but I just felt like getting it now so that all current Modulars are acquired before any shenanigans.

Town Hall for Mothers day: check!
Grand Emporium for wife for xmas2012: check!
Fire Brigade, Warg Attack, Mirkwood Spiders, and Riddles for the Ring for my birthday (late Feb): check!
Imperial Shuttle, Goblin King and Barrel Escape for Fathers Day: check!

Tower Bridge for our Anniversary (middle of the year): check!

Palace Cinema for wife's birthday (july) and for my MOC: hopefully check. :)

Horizon Express for Black Friday 2013: ideally, check!

Death Star or SSD @20% or more going forward?: Double Check!

That is all for this year! For now...

mernst23

So I finally compiled all 4 turtles, shredder, and splinter from the 3 turtles sets I wanted. Add the spider cycle set which added venom, nick fury and sm to my avengers display and I might be done with lego sets on the year. I might get the arkham asylum set but what I'm really looking for is harry potter 4842 for close to msrp. Any ideas how I can get that even though its disco'd?

Got a bit of the way through VW Camper. This is a bit bigger than I anticipated, and that is a good thing.

Also, DAT ENGINE! Awesome stuff comes early in this one. So excited because of the hype this set gets on here.

R-User!

Got a bit of the way through VW Camper. This is a bit bigger than I anticipated, and that is a good thing.

Also, DAT ENGINE! Awesome stuff comes early in this one. So excited because of the hype this set gets on here.

By the way, I was able to get 12 windows and white frames, a blue minifig spaceman, 2 4x6 white baseplates, and some tiles for $4.98 on clearance; 89 all white pieces for 5 bucks at The Lego Store today!

I bought 5 sets! They were regularly priced $10. Also got the Valentines Day $5 polybag and the bride an groom set for $8 (for anniversary cake)!

I try to stick to just Star Wars but today I found myself looking at the Galaxy Squad ... my brother and I used to built many of the Space series back in the late 70's and really dig the Galaxy Squad design. It give off that retro vibe of 70's and 80's scifi with giant bugs, clear green piece, robot sidekick. Lego Gaf, stop me from going down this blackhole.

I just looks at all my Star Wars purchased during the last few weeks since I got back into Lego and it already more than what I bought for my sons back in the 2000's .

Stopped on VW for the night, and I noticed something interesting on the back of the instructions. The interior still shows pics of Maersk (now OOP) and Tower Bridge. But the back cover is a picture of Town Hall, Sopwith Camel, and Winter Cottage. And with the Creator Expert branding. Interesting that a set over a year old has the brand new branding on it. New run I guess. And it might be my imagination because I only saw the box in person once before, but the box to the VW seems smaller than I remember. Barely any space, and packed tight. Not as tight as Horizon, but still packed to the brim.

jzT993V.jpg

If you aren't going to invest in more than one set, than spinners/boosters aren't much use. This set is the same price as a spinner pack.

There ARE 3 booster packs or something in that style available for 5 bucks though! This mech one is 10 bucks, it IS a fantastic deal pieces wise but i'd rather have a white or black ninja i guess :(

Plus i just looked at "Sensei Wu" and he looks awesome, just the kinda wise old master type figure i'd want, unfortunately he seems to only come in huge sets :(

golem

There ARE 3 booster packs or something in that style available for 5 bucks though! This mech one is 10 bucks, it IS a fantastic deal pieces wise but i'd rather have a white or black ninja i guess :(

Plus i just looked at "Sensei Wu" and he looks awesome, just the kinda wise old master type figure i'd want, unfortunately he seems to only come in huge sets :(

Just Bricklink or eBay it.. haha

neonglow

Stopped on VW for the night, and I noticed something interesting on the back of the instructions. The interior still shows pics of Maersk (now OOP) and Tower Bridge. But the back cover is a picture of Town Hall, Sopwith Camel, and Winter Cottage. And with the Creator Expert branding. Interesting that a set over a year old has the brand new branding on it. New run I guess. And it might be my imagination because I only saw the box in person once before, but the box to the VW seems smaller than I remember. Barely any space, and packed tight. Not as tight as Horizon, but still packed to the brim.

Lots of older sets are in smaller boxes now. I've noticed it with 2 of the City Great Vehicles set and the big Police Station set.

Nice haul from Stratford Westfield.

Built the bike already and it is bigger than I thought it would be. Going to break it diwn to do the second model but need to mod it so the front end is more raked out.
Glad I got the notepad as it's been sold out online so thought I had missed it.

PAB not included as I need to sort them.

good choice on Dredd btw ;) awesome movie, one of my favorite comic/Sci-Fi flicks of recent years actually!

We need LEGO JUDGE DREDD asap!!!
never gonna happen i know

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Pics of the bike if you get a chance before breaking it down. Do you have the quadbike from last year? Bike looks similar to that and could be a good birthday present choice for my son.

good choice on Dredd btw ;) awesome movie, one of my favorite comic/Sci-Fi flicks of recent years actually!

We need LEGO JUDGE DREDD asap!!!
never gonna happen i know

UCS Peach Trees?

Pics of the bike if you get a chance before breaking it down. Do you have the quadbike from last year? Bike looks similar to that and could be a good birthday present choice for my son.

Sure, here's a few pics. I don't have the quad but it's on my list. Would have bought it at the lego store but they didn't have any.

XfkMOOJ.jpg

qYdz4C8.jpg

For scale;
YMzOk5g.jpg

the borders are probably very blurred considering what is what...

True true...

However, i just threw this together... i thought microscale would mean it only consists of very few parts and is smaller than minifig scale, though i guess that would go for both these models ;) at least as far as size is concerned

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Thanks. Impressive creations you have there. I like your Batmobile Tumbler Minifig Scale. Good luck for reaching 10,000 supporters. You're more than half way.
That batmobile is the reason I came to this thread pretty much. Saw it when browsing about online and thanks to the instructions and parts list being posted in the site it reignited my interest in Lego. Love all these fun little MOCs.

Oooh. Series 3 planet sets are out. Have to keep my eye out.

Indeed they are and here is the 1st one I got.

Then picked this up at Tesco;

And look at the spare you get (minus the long plate I put them on);

My PAB from yesterday.

Not counted as yet but the bricks I got were;

Dark Gray 4x2
Light gray 4x1
Trans clear 1x2
Trans black 1x2
Dark gray 2x2 with pin

In the bags;
Orange cheese slope
Trans red 1x1 tile (large bag)
Trans red round brick 1x1
Trans red rock 1x1 Jewel
Trans red 1x1 round

@Bakkuma:

Damn you got SUCH nice pieces at your PAB wall i wish my store had some of those...

Instead they got like 90% regular 4X2 standard bricks in pretty useless colors (no greys, no whites) not even the 1Xanythings :(

Top Bottom